/swg/ Star Wars General

Last Thread: Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else SW Related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ SW RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG SW Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the SW RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older SW Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

What did Santa bring you this year?

>What did Santa bring you this year?
A shirt

Stop putting Star Wars in the OP - actually the name the threads dammit

I made some pretty sweet Spaceballs X-wing (and I guess Armada, I can splice them together) mats.

I'm looking at making my own full-art x-wing cards, how do people make the kind that are currently floating around? Photoshop?

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

>Playing some BF2 since I got it in a bundle
>Unexpected X-Wing mission
>The detail from the cockpit view
Shit its like I finally am a pilot

Director can't help the movie if the writing was shit.

TLJ is an acceptable movie because of some of the things you describe. You watch thinking of hey a fun action movie. However, its a movie you walk out asking bad questions. Ones that start "Why the hell did they do X?" or end in "then that doesn't really make sense."

What makes Star War great was the interesting universe and concepts that it created. None of that is really in TLJ. Moreover, as a sequel you own it to the audience to answer some of the questions you created. TLJ doesn't really do any of that either. The result is that it is not a very good Star Wars movie even if it was a decent regular movie.

Nice copypasta. It was funny the last 7 times you posted it.

Does anyone here play Star Wars: DestIny? Thinking of picking up the 2 player starter and maybe the Rey and Kylo Ren starters too to get a card pool going. My girlfriend and I both enjoy card games and we're both fans of Star Wars. I like the dice aspect of it too. Is it any good? I'm usually 50-50 on FFG. Thinking about maybe preordering Legion too

It was poorly written, poorly directed, and the acting was so bland I can't even bring myself to give a fuck about any of them. It was like watching an EotE game where everyone wants to be the Cool Main Character™ at once and splits from the group to do their own thing, so the GM has to improvise 4 subplots at once.

I give it a 45/100 because if you can cut a third of your movie out without harming it, you should at least cut that shit out. Replacing it with something more interesting is optional.

I want to play Star Wars, but my choices are Saga Edition, which is pretty much 3.5 regarding the casters and martials, and FFG, which has solved the problem of mixed parties by making a game all about Han Solos, a game all about Leias and a game all about Lukes, with no middle ground inbetween.

Fucking kill me.

Saga isn't so bad. I'd go Revised over Saga, though.

Some of the new Adversary decks for FFG RPG and the Ghosts of Dathomir book

FFG is actually fine with mixed parties.

Shirts, some tools, and candy.

Rian Johnson wrote and directed this (bad) movie.

>Saga isn't so bad
Don't lie to me, I've played it multiple times, it was a nightmare. Now, it was somewhat worsened by the fact that the jedi were allowed to take skill focus (use the Force) on level 1, and in the first game the DM was a retard, who didn't know how reactions worked (so the jedi could deflect a shot, use Intercept if it didn't work, and if that didn't work, use negate energy), but that was just cream on the top of the shit cake.

"What do you mean you're all alone on Life Day? Wanna hang out? You buy drinks."

oh shit here we go

Maybe this is a copy pasta, but can someone enumerate the plot holes? I noticed some weird stuff, but I've only seen it once

This is non canon. We all know male squid heads look like ugly abominations

>can someone enumerate the plot holes
What's the point? Like RLM said once, "You can nitpick all you want, but the ultimate sin of these movies is failing to connect with the audience".

1. Why didn't they swarm the capital ships with TIEs
2. How did they have full detailed schematics of the Supremacy
3. Lightspeed ram

Who has the best ship names?

>/swg/
>Exclusively complaining about shipfaggotry
Why did I expect any different

RPG implies otherwise. I reject your canon and substitute my own.

Those are just the plot holes. The movie has far more wrong than that.

I'm painting stuff /swg/- What should I paint first and how should I paint it?

a shark face on the gozanti

Don't paint the Gozanti ; paint the Khiraxz's as Candy Canes/Christmas colors

B..but I just got this money for Life Day...

Yendor, please stop picking on the new recruits.

What a coincidence, I got drinks. Now pay the man and we can enjoy them.

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
Two nukes were not enough

Honestly if for nothing else the second Attack Shuttle can't hurt.

Like run PTL Sabine with Ragezra together.

Speaking of X-Wing lists I have a few I would like feedback with if it's alright with ya'll

Play D6 user.

Destiny is officially dead after FFG fucked up the initial release, then screwed over everybody in the subsequent releases.

Legion might be ok, but FFG's way of expanding the game might be something it can't overcome.

This is the real reason nobody likes Hux.

Hux is the guy who goes to a house party and calls the police.

Sorry to bring this up but why didn't the First Order just jump some ships in front of the Resistance fleet

Or another one or those "Fleet Killer" Dreadnoughts to mop of the fleet

General Hux is actually a pretty cool guy. He graduated with top scores in officer's school. He is also a brilliant leader and tactician whether on the ground or in space. Probably the reason why I am Snoke's right hand man while Ren is an ugly autist.

Cuz Rian Johnson can't write.

Hux, please go and stay go, your acting is worse than your mothers when she was with your father.

>No No it's all JJ's fault! I am doing the best I can with what I was given!

I heard that General Hux has a six-pack. That General Hux is shredded.

I heard the same about Kylo and what do you know it's true

I also heard that General Hux is swimming in hot cadet pussy while Ren is still a virgin

Ben, Hux, both you get a room, no one wants to see you compare lightsaber sizes.

You two aren't fooling anyone.

Besides, Captain Phasma is by far the strongest, most competent, and most attractive member of the First Order.

That's not exactly a high bar to clear

Darth Jadus is the objectively best

But Darth Talon and her thick lekku exist

Nigga the most attractive member of the First Order is (was) Admiral Holdo, the purple haired Tumblrina who got the Resistance wiped the fuck out.

I mean you know you can mix them fine, right?
My last party was two EOTE, one AOR and one FAD. Worked really well

I hope we get a series of books with specific focus on politics.

Bloodlines and Thrawn are great, but I want a series that specifically ignores any action elements and goes full political thriller. I'm not even picky with the era

Why does her hair have a bunch of screaming mouths growing out of it?

Honestly that sounds really cool, especially for less combat focus specialties - the Rebel propaganda stuff especially would be cool

Holdo was neither attractive nor a member of the First Order. Ergo, Phasma wins.

I mean, why is she always wearing her helmet, even when she's off duty? Clearly to hide her dashing looks from us, as to not distract us from our duty to the Supreme Leader First Order.

Why don't blaster rifles and carbines have foregrips?

Something about Rebels engaging in white collar industrial espionage would be nifty

I don't remember the few that showed up in Clone Wars looking all that bad

To illustrate the fate of all enemies of Mandalore

Well you sir have some pretty damn generous standards

They’re flowers. Because peace n’ shit.

If I remember rightly, some of krennics chaps in R1 had foregrips

By average CGI background character metrics, they ain't that bad. They aren't anywhere on the level of the guy from Jabba's Palace. Hell, a lot of those women look on the same tier of fucked as the men, like the one in the back left.

TLJ Incredible Cross-Sections

But Santa hasn't finished scanning Art of TLJ and TLJ Visual Dictionary. :(

I got a Nintendo switch...

Same reason they did not surround the asteroid field the Millenium Falcon hid inside and just waited for them to show up

The brass wanted to do that. Vader is an autistic maniac and ordered his cruisers into the field.

Is it because surrounding the field would take time and man power they didn't have?

Double Ghost is and will likely remain a strong list.

You can also recoup quite a bit on ebay by selling the extra crew cards for Kanan, Sabine, and the other schlubs.

However, for $50, you might be able to get something cooler.

What type of lists do you like to fly/are you looking into?

Weird, it's like asteroid fields are big or something

Breath of the Wild looks pretty sweet from the streams I've watched so that sounds pretty cool user

Foregrips are for cowards. The fact that Phasma doesn't use them is further proof of [s]my[/s] her superiority.

1) they "say" they're too far for the ship to support, but doesn't make sense since fighters and even little pods can apparently go to hyper space and back without a lotta trouble...

2) dunno, yeah, you're probably right

3) I'm not super familiar with how hyper space jump stuff works. I remember that large gravity Wells stop you, but I'm not sure if what the movie showed is accurate, and I'm pretty sure this is the first time they've showed it off in the nuCanon.

I guess you missed the 'Written and directed by Rian Johnson' credit.

>Holdo was neither attractive nor a member of the First Order. Ergo, Phasma wins.
How do you manage to get through the day without dying. I mean, being this fucking retarded and everything.

An entire Galactic Empire didn't have the manpower to surround a single asteroid field?

FN-2817, I know that's you. Please come home, we all miss you. I'll stop FN-2199 from screaming "traitor" again.

In honour of Life Day, let's get some positivity in this thread.

/swg/, share the best story or moment you have from any of the Star Wars TTRPGs. Anything that makes you smile back thinking on it, whether that be because of awesome or funny or heartwarming scenes.

>removing forces from their posts to track down one small ship when the galaxy is in the middle of a civil war
Geez user, please never lead any forces

The Resistance fleet running out of fuel and being gunned down was a foregone conclusion. In fact, it did happen. Why commit extra forces to a fight that's already over?

Why would the First Order then do the same in the case of the Resistance fleet? They had a whole galaxy to terrify into submission, and a very high quality, but not Galactic Empire-sized fleet to do it with.

If you're not a warrior, you're not Mandalorian.

#notmymandalore #notallmandalorians

I bet you haven't even field stripped your blaster and jetpack for fun.

*autistic screeching*

I wasn't the same user but I have a few Imperial/Rebel lists.

How many questions did Empire answer?
Moreover, how much did we know about Palpatine at the time he died on screen, with only 2 appearances in the series and no background at that point in time.

Too edgy for me, and I happen to like Sabine. Clan Wren's snow world looked ultra comfy.

"Somebody in the handful of Resistance fighters left alive at the end of TLJ is leaking intel to the FO"
This line would have explained away Holdo keeping her plan secret from her own dudes. But even so, the FO found out about the cloaked transports so who gives a shit?

>no auditory cones

Nope, it's a boy alright. He just doesn't have the cranial bumps like some other males of the species

I always wonder on how many levels of edge you have to be to draw stuff like this. Like, four or five? And it's always mediocre to bad art too. I also wonder if >shadman is the final form of this

What was wrong with the release and the follow up releases? I heard it was selling out left and right but it was a new game with a big license

What was the point of this character?

I'll just keep it and buy another shadow caster too it was on sale for like 40 when we both got them

Ever since I watched a bunch of interviews with Gleeson and that one pulling the blaster scene I've grown pretty fond of the guy.