How do you do a ruler who protects his people with an iron fist?

How do you do a ruler who protects his people with an iron fist?
Think the type of person who accepts those who criticizes him and cares deeply for his own, accepting those who challenge him with words as a test of his diplomacy (mainly because of a built in biological need to constantly improve). But if someone harms his citizens, he would return the favor by going all out on theirs. Someone who puts chips in death row inmates to control them like puppets, but uses them to add to his police force.

How do you do this concept, without it becoming completely edgy?

Ask them what the going rate for mercenary work is.

I ask my DM to stop putting his ham-fisted self-inserts into the game.

Overprotective Dad: The King. Evidently to a citizen, having the King disown you is one of the worst fates imaginable. I imagine whatever people he lorded over where tight-knit and everyone knew someone that knew somebody else. Sometimes feels the weight of the world on his shoulders as at times it seems he's the only thing holding his entire nation together and is paranoid of being caught off guard, only furthering the stress in his role as he tries to remain in operation for as long as possible, forgoing rest to make sure his Kingdom runs smoothly and even the lowliest commoner in his ranks can have his ear, for he values that commoner more than a dozen foreign nobles. Highly insecure, easy to bait into doing nefarious deeds or just anger by making threats.

Could be part of a dying race/clan a-la Eldar, which only compacts things as an individual lost is difficult to replace.

Hitler didn't really tolerate people questioning or criticizing him.

You also can't say he was protective of his citizens when he rounded up and murdered millions of them.

Im ready for all my ((((You's)))) now

I thought the same.
>Hitler didn't really tolerate people questioning or criticizing him.
Source?
>You also can't say he was protective of his citizens when he rounded up and murdered millions of them.
Not his citizens.

>without it becoming completely edgy?
By making it completely propaganda, mostly. "Fair and loving and just and compassionate to his own people, assrapes anyone who looks at them wrong" is really just the exalted form of being a standard jittery cunt.

The reason it's relatively rare is that it's a little incongruous to be super cool to those under you, even those trying to undermine you, while being a raging asshole to everyone else. Usually there's bleedover somewhere, some zealous tipping point where "must defend citizens" becomes "let's purge the infidels" or "my people need protection" becomes "anyone who questions me is a traitor." You need a really, really specific profile to pull off what you're talking about, and most people aren't fond enough of the payoff to make it a common Heroic Good King archetype. At that point the king is usually just compassionate to his enemies also.

>I ask my DM to stop putting his ham-fisted self-inserts into the game.
Also this. Goody Two-Jackboots is usually just shitty powertripping in my limited experience. It's just standard behavior on a scale that makes it feel petty and uninteresting.

"""THEM"""

I don't actually know how to shitpost in this instance.

>Source?
I know you're just baiting, but he banned all political parties other than his own, did away with elections, pretty exclusively promoted flunkies, and routinely had political opponents assassinated or arrested.

>Not his citizens.
Everyone who wasn't a POW was his citizens, user. I think. Actually, I'm not sure what German citizenship policy was for conquered territory. I hadn't thought of that before.

Regardless, he did have lots of official German citizens living in Germany rounded up and executed, and I don't believe he revoked their citizenship first.

>I know you're just baiting, but he banned all political parties other than his own, did away with elections, pretty exclusively promoted flunkies, and routinely had political opponents assassinated or arrested
When your citizen is working with the citizen of another nation to undermine your own people, I think that killing them would be acceptable.
>Everyone who wasn't a POW was his citizens, user.
It was a German Reich, not european or jewish

To be fair there were no other real political parties in Germany at the time aside from the Red Front, which makes sense that he'd ban since Communist ideology and Nazi ideology didn't exactly get along (and desu Communism was a hell of a lot worse than Nazism).

>which makes sense that he'd ban since Communist ideology and Nazi ideology didn't exactly get along
This. The communists decided to act like terrorists when they set fire on the Reichstag. It was their own fault

>It was a German Reich, not european or jewish
>Jews aren't Germans

>desu Communism was a hell of a lot worse than Nazism
Doesn't exonerate the Nazis and never will. There's nothing admirable or even remotely excusable about driving your own people from their homes, stealing all their shit, and herding them into death camps because they don't fit into the racist power fantasy you created for your nation.

>(and desu Communism was a hell of a lot worse than Nazism).
That doesn't make the nazi's any less pricks, user. You have to learn another rhetoric technique, this one was overused in the last election.

> there were no real parties in Germany other than the communists
Social democrats (bright red) and Center (yellow) aren't real I guess despite getting more votes than the commies each.

I'm going to pre-empt Nazianon and say SOSHUL DEMOCRAT ARENT DEMOCRATS THEYS ACTUALLY COMMUNISTS BUT SECRET

What are you doing my dude? There were an absolute shit-ton of political parties in Germany at the time. One of the reasons Hitler rose to power was because people were so fucking sick of dozens upon dozens of bickering parties being unable to agree upon anything and therefore get anything done. His promise to sweep aside all that bullshit and rule with an iron hand really resonated with a lot of people.

>Source

Hitler ordered his army attache to kill a fly The army attache jokingly replied that this is a job for the air force attache. Hitler transferred him to Eastern Front afterwards.

Except for SocDems, Reactionaries, Conservatives and Liberals.

Americans will never understand NatSoc and they shouldn't be allowed to talk about it.

for a second you got me thinking this is demographic distribution - with brown for Turks and black for other rapefugees

>half of Germany is Turks and Africans
>the other half are Chinese and American Indians
Kek

Look at Kemal Attaturk, Rodrigo Duterte, Frederik the Great, Sun Yat-sen, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lee Kwon Yee for inspiration.

>small but significant minority of jotuns
>smattering of ents, stone dwarves, and merfolk

> that single orcish MP

>the orcish MP is the most dignified there
>The local nationalists hate him because he's an immigrant who behaves better than they do
>He hates his life because he can't find a good orcish girl and the elf girls are all sluts
>so Orc MP colludes with the nationalists to kill himself
>Party must figure out the truth behind the murder

Doctor Doom

No but at least Nazism is a buttfucking with lube and maybe a reach-around, whereas with Communism you get fucked raw in the ass and left to die afterward from a famine your government engineered.

Still a flawed argument. I wouldn't want to live under Nazism any more than I would Communism. Any regime which builds actual death camps is intolerable to me and should be to any other rational, moral person

This. Both systems should be condemned.

Fuck all of your /pol/shitting asses.

I'm and I just got here.

In the grim darkness of almost-2018, telling /pol/tards to go away makes you /pol/

M8, while I appreciate the "fuck the nazis" part of your statement and how nice it is to hear that here on Veeky Forums... didn't say anything wrong.

Unless you're going to seriously advocate for communism, in which case please go to /pol/ and shit up their day, we don't need that shit here.

I'd say it's the other way around. You're going to a death camp either way, but in the nazi country it's because you were born the wrong color/believe in the wrong god, whereas in the communist country it's because you pissed off the wrong guy or accidentally bumped Stalin in the street.

Either one's such a shitty situation it's nearly farcicial to suggest either way is preferable. They're both unlubricated buttfuckings, it's just that one is a sadist raping you and the other is the smelly overweight protagonist of a hentai. Either way you're getting assraped by someone you really, really don't need in charge.

>his citizens

Ask yourself, "in what sort of environment is this behavior commendable enough to get everyone on board with it?".

What is he protecting his people from?

I'm really surprised the 40k Emperor wasn't the first reply. He seems like a really good example of this.

>accepts those who criticize him
>Emperor

I came here to post this, but /pol/'s getting uppity so I'm

Wow, neat game, was it made in 2008?