Did your character ever escape the Grim Reaper? Is it possible in your world?

Did your character ever escape the Grim Reaper? Is it possible in your world?

Of course. There are multiple ways, of which lichdom is just one. The thing is, the Grim Reaper is not in a hurry. He will catch up eventually.

You can postpone your meeting with reaperboi but not avoid it. Even if you become immortal there's always some meddling murderhobos looking to do you in.

I managed to do so. The GM was pissed.

>build pocket dimension smaller than the radius of time stop
>cast time stop
Done.

Do you have the rest of that comic?

>decanter of endless water, that table that produces 3 hero's feast meals a day for 7 people and the bottle of air for a nice breeze.

>what is old age

How do the Reapers in your world "reap" the souls?

Death claims all eventually. Even those that have learned to postpone the meeting the longest, know that eventually, all must fall to oblivion.

Only one thinks he has a plan on how to cheat it. Too bad, it requires everything else to feed the maw while he slips by. But he hasn't told his followers that part. Just the part that they might be able to slip by it at the end of the world.

In my settings, you can sometimes get another chance for various reasons. Examples include.
1. Getting sent back cause your purpose isn't fulfilled, Gandalf-style.
2. Magical shenanigans, including lichdom, potions to reverse/reduce the effects of aging, etc.
3. Beating Death at a challenge you both agree on. I once had a player beat Death at a musical challenge (we played actual instruments).

There is no Grim Reaper. There are the Boatmen who take you by boat to your appointed afterlife, for a price of course. They can the waters and rivers between Hell, the Land of the Dead, and the palisaded islands of the gods in the Sea of Night.

If you can't pay you're stuck in the world until you can. Also Boatmen can't go on land, so ghosts need to travel to water to be taken to the afterlife.This is why most ghosts are found inland rather then on the water, and those ghosts found in the water are the most desperate and poor ghosts denied passage by the Boatmen.

There is legend of a Boatman that went rogue when it was consumed by greed, traded it's boat for a ship, and sails the seas recruiting the dead to amass more riches and power.

There is also the marching fey of the Wild Hunt, who hunt ghosts for sport and enslave them for a period of service, slowly turning them into a fey thing.

He's stuck in a universe where the goddess of death is actively ENCOURAGING undeath. Considering the death-god he worshipped back home HATES the undead, he's slightly upset about that.

In our campaign death does NOT like to be cheated. Escaping his clutches through luck,skill, magic, and divine bullshit are barely tolerable offenses, but any resurrections and raising undead shit are met with final destination tier attempts at murder. Once he catches you a second time it's straight up oblivion rather than an afterlife. Suffice it to say that once we realized what was up the characters we lost stayed lost.
All I can imagine is your character's spirit sitting in a limbo state where his god tells him not to fucking do it while the goddess continually shouts "do it faggot" while shaking the decaying remains of the character's corpse in the his face. This brings me much amusement and I must now request a drawfag.

I had a character that came back to life so many times that the goddess of death started to take interest in him. After so many deaths, he memorized her holy book as he thought it might be important to know the religion of the goddess to which he was inadvertently most connected. The party's travels took them to the great temple of the goddess, and she made a personal appearance.
Several weeks later, the goddess of death was pregnant and my character basically had a "get out of afterlife free" card.
My character did not initiate this, I think my GM was forgetting to hide his fetishes after three years of campaigning. Oh well, the best way to escape death is run straight at it and start talking.

The only time I played a character like that the DM canceled the game after the first session.

And in my setting there are a few ways to live eternally, they are hardly pleasant ones.But the death god is a soapy, kindly fuck who'll let you live a little while longer so that you can meet your grandkids or whatever bullshit you come up with. Its usually for the rich though, who can pay off enough oracles and divineers to lie about you to him.

Beat death in a sword fight, didn't go well for me.

My character was supposed to become Death, but he refused and really went out of his way to dodge that prophecy.

So he was prophesied to invent the fission bomb?

>Death doesn't have an established history or personality
>It's generally regarded as a myth, some skeletal figure in a hooded robe that takes the soul away when people die
>Some claim to have seen it when dying
>Generally regarded as the in-setting equivalent of trucker stories about black dogs or women in white

>Truth of the matter is that the dead are generally traumatized, and the Reaper is generally prepared to deal with them
>People who die in the cold are met with a copper mug of hot tea, beckoned, and led to their ending
>And people who are burnt see it with soothing herbs and cool, moist towels
>For those who bleed out, bandages
>And whoever dies in the dark see it carrying a spectral lantern to light the way

>It never speaks, and few know if it even can
>Instead, it passes on what it brings, beckons with a bony finger and turns to walk away
>Follow, or don't. It doesn't really seem to matter to it, what a dead man chooses to do.

HE GRAB THE LITTLE SHITS AND FORCES THEM IN THE BAG

No. Just an assassin. We just wound up doing some crazy shit that game, including taking out Greed. Another party member became a god, but mine refused.

He does not. He guides the dead to the afterlife as best he can to grant them peace. Though like all men he is flawed and that unfortunately means undead are not a rare sight. He does do his best to protect them though, they have suffered quite enough.

He made a deal with him to stave off a premature death and is his errand boy now

I run Discworld campaigns, so if you haven't escaped the Grim Reaper at least once, it was a waste of a session.

elder dragon death mage

I replaced him.

Immortals handbook is the best crack