On what shoulder should a right handed character wear a single shoulder plate armor like this style?

On what shoulder should a right handed character wear a single shoulder plate armor like this style?

You can wear your fashion accessory on whatever shoulder you like.

On both.

Left. It would be the side towards the enemy.

Unless you are wielding a rapier or other outstretched weapon. Weapons that require no torque or leverage to function. Those you lead with the dominant shoulder and therefore should armor it. But those weapons are rare and you would often be better to armor the offhand/arm for deflection purposes. Assuming you are shieldless.

It depends on the setting.

But I’m only half kidding. The amount of information provided is insufficient to give an accurate assessment. Sometimes such armor is ceremonials or has cultural implications. Being a part of military battle dress may also come with its own culture/customs for you and prescribed acceptability.

/thread

on both, unless you like taking a sword to the shoulder

I meant which shoulder would be more exposed during a fight. The character is a right handed swordsman and uses a bastard sword.

I don't know how many times I've seen images of people with a heavily armored shield arm and bare sword arm. So stupid. If you insist on having a bare arm, make it your shield arm so you can be more confident with your attacks. I guess I could see people with limited resources skimping on armor where applicable to eke more suits out of whatever they have, but ideally, you want symmetrical armor coverage. If you can't, favor your weapon arm. If you're a rank and file solider, that's your right arm.

Maybe stop being a pool plebian and buy a proper pair of shoulder plates, you are asking how to dress like some sort of dirty peasant as if it's supposed to be a normal thing.

Its still stupid, but what shoulder does he lead with? Fighting forward (dominant side foward) increases reach and leverage, but makes warding more difficult. Fighting recessed Makes you a much smaller target, and allows your weapon to cover more, but takes away range. Pic related, lefty is recessed, and righty is forward.

In reality, a fencer would wish to change position as needed in a fight. If we're talking some weirdo fantasy retard who can only afford one shoulder, then he has to make a choice.

Also, shoulders are not a common target. He would be better invested in forearm and hand armour, as well as a helmet. Or just get jack chains.

I mean, if he wanted to be both financially conscious and look like a professional, jackchains are cheap as hell, and would do a lot more than one shitty leather spaulder. IRL, their introduction dropped gross arm injuries in the 15thC down by 60%.

Right shoulder. Your left arm is your shield arm, so you don't need as much protection there.

Doesn't matter. Your post-apocalyptic raider is either getting shot in the chest or the head, run over, or will be caught in an explosion. The shoulder armor won't help in any typical wasteland scenario.

>a single shoulder plate armor
Both
>like this style
Neither

The gay shoulder.

Depends on the fighting style. Does your character wear other armor under it? You could put it on his right side so when he shoulders his weapon won't ride to heavily.

left, as the most dexterous hand would be used for weaponry while the other is used for defence.

My boyfriend doesn't want to be fisted, how do I know which arm is supposed to be the gay one?
Alternatively, do we need to break up?

Oh shit it's Gropey. How are things you fucking Louisiana degenerate?

>pauldroncore

I know your game, OP.

>Shoulder pads
If you're poor, just wear a thick gambeson, and maybe a thick wool mantle or cloak on top of that.

If you already got Gambeson, them you should be looking into some chainmail. If you already got that, then either save up for some proper plate, or stop complaining.

Once you got Plate as an option, then you can start going with asymmetrical armor, such as Maximilian or Milanese armor. Personally, I prefer Gothic plate myself, mostly because I think the Sallet is a sexy as fuck helmet

On both. Asymmetrical armor of any kind automatically consigns a character design to trash tier.

>On both. Asymmetrical armor of any kind automatically consigns a character design to trash tier.

I'll give you a (You) just this time, because I'm in the giving spirit.

The one you jerk him off with.
Yes.

>On what shoulder should a right handed character wear a single shoulder plate armor like this style?
These guys got it right
But, to answer your question, which ever one you think is going to be getting the most punishment. Also, get some gambeson