I just came up with a theory for 40k that is either stupid...

I just came up with a theory for 40k that is either stupid, or brilliant not the best versed in 40k lore so its probably the former

the person who sits upon the golden throne isn't actually the emperor, but someone else that the emperor uses as a psychic conduit
the golden throne is actually a lab that has a bunch of the emperor's private work, and can be accessed only by the terminus decree, inside containing a clue to where the emperor's true physical body remains in stasis
the point of this was to trick everyone into thinking the emperor is dead, so he can surprise his enemies

the terminus decree has the power to both save the imperium and destroy it, if the terminus decree fell into the hands of chaos, then they can go find the emperor's body in stasis and destroy him, but if the imperium is at its darkest hour, then it can be opened as a surprise to chaos

also 40k theory thread I guess

Of course the Emperor does not sit upon the golden throne, the Emperor died a long time ago, his corpse providing power to the astronomicon so the fools who run the Imperium can rake in the wealth of a million worlds.

Break the shackles of your false god! Embrace freedom!

The Terminus Decree is the machine code for turning on the text-to-speech device. ;)

Ehh, this theory loses some impact when you realise that the emperor is such a powerful psyker that he could power the astronomican and all that jazz AND do emperor stuff at the same time.

A physical body is just a formality to someone like the emperor.

The corpse on the Throne has long been understood to be that of Horus Lupercal.

Rhen Guilliman was lying.

While we are talking about the emperor. The emperor is at this point a chaos god. He is worshipped by quintillions of souls across the galaxy and at this point manifests deamon space marines continuously throughout the galaxy. Many believe the emperor is granted his chaos power not by emotion like the other chaos gods but by the faith and worship in him itself. I believe something different. While his nature is heavily influnced by his worshippers I believe the emperor is the chaos god of hope. He is worshipped most heavily and prayed too when all other options are gone. His angels and deamons arrive just before all hope is lost. He exists as the anchor of hope in the hearts and minds of the imperium. "The emperor protects." Etc.

>chaos god of hope
The Emperor is Tzeentch?

Would explain a lot

I would not call the god of stabbing people in the back for petty gain the god of hope.

Except Tzeentch is actually the god of hope. Change is inherent to hope, since when you hope for something, that usually signifies you wanting there to be change. Followers of Tzeentch always hope to become better.
Also, Tzeentch's hope is opposed to Nurgle's despair.

Sorry m8y, old birdboy is canonically fuelled by hope. As a Chaos god, this is twisted into underhanded attempts to better one's position through treachery and betrayal, as well as the ever mutable nature of sorcery and mutation because, hey, being a labour slave with a foot for a face is a change from being one without!
See also his opposite number Nurgle, as am example of despair manifesting as decay and stagnation.

Tzeentch is on the emps side
Think about it, if he successes and creates a race of ubermen ruling the galaxy then there will be no more war, no more selfish petty indulgences, and no more stagnant laziness, only endless change and progress.
If the orks overrun the galaxy then Korn and Nurgle win
If the eye of terror expands the the whole galaxy then everyone but Tzeentch would win, as that bad end would wipe out all hope
If the Tyranis eat everything then all the chaos gods except for Nurgle would die as there was nothing left to feed them
The necrons want to construct additional pylons and kill all chaos so none of the four gods want that to happen
The eldar just want to kill Slaanesh
The dark eldar are irrelevant
If the Tau take over the galaxy they'll just become humanity 2.0
If the empire simply sustains itself then Korn and Nurgle are once again the clear victors
But if the emperor made his race of ubermen then Tzeench would be the only chaos god still getting feed.

I like the theory that some trickery happened on Horus' ship and it's him on the Throne and the Emperor is dead.

Faith can be an emotional source of power, but it would form an chaos entity as paradoxical as Necoho in the opposite direction.

In fantasy, Slaanesh is the one that didnt want to end the world. So I think the Dark Prince is the chaos god more interested in maintaing the status quo while the rest are more interested into pulling everything in the warp.

Which I guess makes sense that slaanesh would be the one less prone towards destroying things and squirt as many fun variables as they can out of them.

If this turns out to be the fucking plot twist black library is rumoured to be going for. GW might as wel kill 40k as a whole

It will somehow be left ambiguous so autists can argue over it for the next 40k years.

>Not realizing it is Magnus

His current existence is 100% spiritual. His body was 'destroyed' on Prospero by Russ and he reincarnated as pure will.

Russ took his body back to his father for burial, honouring his fallen brother in death.

The Emperor fulfilled his original plan of having Magnus sit upon the Golden Throne.

Rather that then being forced to drink the coolaid. Curious what the corpse abbadon took with him is in that case though.

If freedom means getting absolutely skullfucked and enslaved by space marines, then I rather toil away for the Emperor

Tzeentch's got three big backs to stab by aiding the Emperor, you know?