Let's talk some real shit boys. We all know this is a bubble. When is it going to pop?

Let's talk some real shit boys. We all know this is a bubble. When is it going to pop?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/c7VG3Vf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I would have to guess, I would say late 2019 - early 2020. 98% of the shitcoins die and just hardcore tech is clinging onto life.

Nigger, this is not a bubble. A bubble is when the majority stakeholders don't know there's a bubble. With cryptos, we all know most of these coins are overvalued relative to their utility, it's a speculators market run by speculators.

We'll actually be in a bubble when Boomer retards are clamoring in droves to buy alts to get-rich-quick. Right now we're actually the "smart money" and transitioning into the "institutional money" phase. Then comes the "public" phase. Then the bubble comes.

2019 might be a bubble year if the public starts buying crypto like mad in 2018, which they likely will. For now just be smart about your money and have a good exit strategy in case of emergency.

To be frank, for my $600 investment. This place and having crypto has provided some great entertainment. Far more than my initial investment.

"experts" say this is going to be the biggest bubble ever

dotcom was 5 trillion when it popped

we are only at 600 billion

no need to worry yet

can i make a mil before the tulip bubble pops and takes down a ton of financial institutions with it?

there is no bubble yet, smart money is here, when the normies will come, there will be only the penny shit scam coins vaporware left for them and everything else will be already too expensive and mooned to invest.

Alright. Let's make more money

Shitcoins are bound to collapse, i give it a year

cryptocurrencies are in this bizarre situation (mostly I believe as a result of inflated marketcaps due to how they are worked out in the cryptosphere and the extent to bitcoins overvaluation with regards to its fundmental tech) where they are simultenaeously overvalued and undervalued. I think there are a good couple years left of this bullish market unless there are some big changes.

This is the last year before the bubble bursts in 2019
If you don't have atleast 20k You don't have any chance of a million

Just invest in coins that have actual utility and no matter what happens you'll be fine.

For me OMG is a clear winner that will be resistant to whatever happens to BTC.

This seems pretty logical. I think by the end of 2018 many of us will be set

Does my portfolio need to be 20k right now? Or do I need to invest 20k right now?
I'm at 14k right now.

This right here. Don't worry if your Paw-Paw starts asking you about Bitcoins. Only start to worry when your family start asking your opinion about TRX, and wouldn't it be great to buy it when it's so cheap? It might be worth thousands of dollars someday!

kinda agree with this, most people i've heard talking about cryptos (bitcoin) from the older generation all admit that they have no idea how to buy it or how it works or anything and so are standing on the sidelines

Ya most are still scared.

They believe in the bubble meme so much lol.

There's this dude I buy my vegetables from. He's always lived in a farm, got his first cell phone last year. He was asking me how deep he should go on Verge.

Mmm... farmers can be actually fairly tech-savvy, being isolated from other people and dealing with multi-hundred thousand dollar facilities. Verge was the highest cypto in the google search charts a day or two ago, beating everything else. McAfee had a monster effect, don't know where it currently sits. I'd say we're still very safe.

I started in summer this year after spending years of doing nothing and mining digecoin in like 2013 for fun.
I invested 3k$ and am now at 76k$ mostly thanks to: ETH, Lisk, Kyber and request.
I fucking hope I make it to a mil before everything burns to the ground. The more money my shit is worth, the more worried I get.
At this level, money is actually moving fast. Good luck boys, I hope you'll make it this year

Guys, come on. Let's not be euphoric to the point of blindness.

If we, right now, are considered Smart Money, what does that make people who have been in crypto since 2010?

We're end-game.

>what does that make people who have been in crypto since 2010?
people who buy drugs online

You don’t understand that most normies in on crypto don’t see it as a bubble rather they junk it will climb indefinitely and the 20 dollar investment they made will become 200000000 one day

Nigger a farmer daily aligns mechanical tractor tools that if calibrated incorrectly will either take your hand off or fuck up your field's geometry and cause you days of trouble.

You think such a mind will have a trouble understanding a single autist's code?

im on cource to make 1 billion by end of year. i hope i can make it before crypto gets banned worldwide

This, even if I lose all of my money this will be the most fun I've ever had on any website ever

You are either fucking deluded or mad you’re late to the party.

We are most definitely not in smart money, coinbase was the #1 downloaded app in the AppStore for several weeks last month. Every normie is in altcoins as seen by the fact you could pick any single coin in the top 100 on coin marketcap at the start of December and you have at very minimum doubled youre money, no matter how shit the coin is, even projects that have been abandoned for years.

On the chart you’re referencing media attention comes during public phase, I don’t know if you’re aware but CNBC literally held a 24/7 crypto week where all they did was talk about bitcoin and alt coins for a week, Snapchat even had a fucking global story on bitcoin, every local news station has mentioned it and any random person has heard about it and they fucking stupid story about the 10k btc pizza.

With the type of crazed buying mania and everyone making money and feels like no one is losing I would argue we are much closer to the peak of this bubble.

Normies on Facebook buying crypto with their iPhone are not smart money nor are they institutional money it is most definitely public

The issue is the amount of money that is being put into it. If anything the people who got in sorta before end of 2016 at this point were almost too smart for their own good with regards to their returns over the past 6 years, of course they made a lot of money but in % terms over time they made a lot less than the recent year. 2017 is the first year, I feel, where crypto has really exploded and the whole world has taken proper notice. This is probably the beginning of the end with regards to the insane growths we are seeing but this has already been around over 7 years and I don't think it is going to end this year. Having said that there is a huge correction due when we recalibrate how we understand crypto marketcaps and when we lose pairings & valuations based on bitcoin.

2009-2015 were basement dwelling NEETs playing with magic internet coins.
2015-2017 is when real money started to move into the space, but still fairly niche.
2018-??? is when real investors start taking blockchain tech seriously. Real projects actually start to grow and shape the financial world.

We're still a year off from these real projects actually having a sizable impact against established giants like Visa. Once the quakes begin and the establishment starts clamoring for regulation to protect their own interests, then you'll know when the bubble is about to pop.

After that comes the fall, when 90% of crypto dies off, and only the real projects remain.

Crypto is exploding because people have longed a way to escape Bernanke & Yellen's control.
Gold exploded from $500 to $1200 because of QE. same as the stock market has had an explosion of PE ratios.
People are desperate for something that can keep its value when the government is imposing unrepresented taxes through inflation.

But the problem with Gold is that it can't be traded easily. If you buy physical gold... well good luck selling it at market value. Bonds are low yield.

It has all the valuable properties of Gold, and can easily be traded, more efficiently than current systems.
Crypto is still way undervalued. It's easily worth $5 trillion.

This.

Not because I know so... Because this is been said by prominent figures ever since 2016.

We are only getting started.
The blockchain is only now being used in real life applications, not just trials but legitimately being used and it can only expand from here, bringing blockchain technology to the average person, whether this a revolutionary technology that can change humanity is up for debate but one thing is certain these gains are only starting, this ain’t a bubble until we hit 1trillion son.
Unlike the Dotcom bubble which was mainly American and capital from developed countries, the crypto market is the whole world, if anything this bubble should be much bigger.

I said tech-savvy, you utter mong. Meaning I fully believe a farmer would be able to understand crypto.

How can it be a bubble when less than 1% of the human population has invested in it?

There is still a lot of room to go but shitcoins with no value like Verge will definitely make retards lose a lot of money.

This, you know what you are talking about and Im guessing you have been here for years. It honestly feels like we are running out of potentil buyers

Oh sorry, quoted you by mistake, post was meant to reply to the guy you answered.

Happy new years, fag

You're so fucking stupid. Do you even look at any stats? Do you even know how many wallets are out there?

There has been a shitton of media coverage but that does not mean a lot of people are putting money or significant money in.

This.

Which is very much enforced on how crypto is viewed and traded.
Disregarding daytrading and botting; this is mostly about picking the crypto with the right technology and the implementation into "the real world".

Just so happens it's stupidly easy to make money because everyone wants to bet on these projects. Being it mid or long term.

There are still tons and tons of people not getting into crypto. It's currently only mid/upper class and the elite in the western world/Asia who's in.

Whole of Africa is just starting to get ONLINE. At which point we won't be worrying about pajeets but roodypoos.

We have plenty time yet.

Thanks user, Only mid 2016 but in crypto days that’s literally years.
The absolute swarm of dumb money flooding in since December is terrifying.

im guessing what youre asking is do i have enough time to turn my 50k portfolio into a million? the answer is no, you have time to turn it into 2 my nigga

Do you know an actual number or are you just speculating on things you've heard?

Yes, but the problem are the investors. Just look at any biz thread. People measure their portfolio in dollars and they all plan to "cash out" right back to shit fiat at some point

I would say I'm the smart one and you are delusional. I would love to be wrong though. I'm a libertarian who actually wants crypto to take over

Eh, some of us live in the real world. When I can pay a real estate developer in crypto, I will. Until then, I'm still a slave to the good ol' USD.

>Whole of Africa is just starting to get ONLINE. At which point we won't be worrying about pajeets but roodypoos.
What a terrifying thought.

Buy real estate in Dubai, and you can :)

I wanna be rich so bad. I don't believe many people grew up as poor as me

And I'm not even factoring in the possibility of a true decentralized economy system becoming a reality.

BTC has, quite literally, proven that we can bypass the centralized system by just agreeing it in unison. And that amount of supporters grow daily and is no where near saturation point. Even if ((( normies ))) back out with their investment they still will support the system in its existence and potential.

Sure, any new economy system will simply form a new elite and low/mid/high class in terms of involvement. At which point we WILL be "smart money" and "early adopters".

Just don't invest your shit in altcoins that dont have any potential unless you do daytrading and can navigate the meme graphs.

Buy DigiByte, be futureproof

You're the type of person who is unable to think for themselves and just follows whoever you think has the most authority. You don't use any evidence or logic in your statements with only half-formed conjecture.

Your ignorance and refusal to challenge your viewpoints is why you will always stay poor.

so after a year and a half you still cant spot market cycles? fucking hell

> BTC has, quite literally, proven that we can bypass the centralized system by just agreeing it in unison.
Careful there bud. This would make sense if people were moving their money to BTC planning to keep it there, not hoping to eventually convert it to Fiat.

I am less afraid of "bubble" and more afraid of the EU fucking us all over.

What? Why do you say that? I am the exact opposite of that and don't give a shit about any so called "authority"

Tell me how I am ignorant?

The dotcom bubble was worth 5(9.5 trillion after inflation) trillion, when anything with dot com in the end would get insane evaluation
Now just answer one thing
With all the inflation and the devaluation of money
How is 600 billion be considered a bubble?
When the dotcom bubble consisted didnt have the whole world investing
Plus yeah you have coinbase in USA, but there is no such user friendly app in other countries
Wait for Bitcoin etfs, where you can buy in a single click. That's when we can start to think that the bubble is about to pop

Uhh... Coinbase is usable in all EU countries and some Asian ones.
Then you have stamp and kraken too

And just lol at you thinking I'm poor

what do ya'll use to actively track the current price of BTC?

btc/usdt on binance?

this question is always going to be answered based on when the person answering got into crypto

the mega moons will have some time still yet i think, it could be another year it could be two..right now the "normie" money is generally based around buying whatever is on coinbase thinking it will give you the same returns as someone who bought btc 4 years ago

techy sort of people and neets, especially people from like twitch communities and that sort of thing are on the next step and are looking at all the altcoins and seeing the gains there, mega normies arent at that stage just yet.. when youre seeing facebook posts from idiots talking about shit like wabi is when its time to worry

if youre in crypto and taking it mega serious and learning about the actual tech then it will be obvious when its time to start being smart and making sure youre moving holdings towards proper projects that will see real use within the next few years that actually gives them value

My dad asked me this today

Anytime now.

Look at the cycle. It took BTC 1 year to go 10x. Shitcoins are going 10x in 1 month. Blue chips have burned all their fuel. Once shitcoins burn their fuel this market will collapse.

inb4 this is Dotcom 2.0

No it's not. With Dotcom you got stock. With crypto you get a worthless token.

Well shit time to exit all crypto markets.

>Wait for Bitcoin etfs
they already exist. And they were one of the most popular investments by individual investors in europe this year.

Ayyy

My meth-addled co-worker owns some goddamned shitcoin ETF, and he literally smokes cellophane for kicks. The end is nigh.

>A bubble is when the majority stakeholders don't know there's a bubble

Thats retarded and false

> We are all at a wonderful ball where the champagne sparkles in every glass and soft laughter falls upon the summer air. We know, by the rules, that at some moment the Black Horsemen will come shattering through the great terrace doors, wreaking vengeance and scattering the survivors. Those who leave early are saved, but the ball is so splendid no one wants to leave while there is still time, so that everyone keeps asking “What time is it? What time is it?” but none of the clocks have any hands.

>"Let's talk some real shit boys"
>OP's pic is a blockfolio screencap
>"bubble"
please kys nocoiner

>2018-??? is when real investors start taking blockchain tech seriously. Real projects actually start to grow and shape the financial world.

Assuming real projects occur. That's the problem. Vaporware.

only 8k holding link fun icx and planning to buy wanchain at a reasonable price. will i make it over 200k before the bubble pops?

Serious question: I'd like to know of one working blockchain solution that's actually being used to do... anything.

A Bubble is when the market becomes a pure Ponzi scheme. Only reason people are buying is they think someone else will buy it for more later

I agree with you 100%

This whole shitshow is gonna implode so hard one day. I'm betting we can reach $2trillion mkt cap before that tho. No one knows but i'm not selling until then, i'll be happy to lose the $35k i put in.

Also all the dotcom bubble comparisons on biz make me wanna puke. they have nothing to do with each other what so ever. just because the dotcom bubble was $X trillion it does not prove or disprove anything in regards to crypto.

That reference though.

If Bitcoin will have this high transaction fees then the bubble will pop at around 60k and every other crypto will be ass raped not only Bitcoin.

If somehow reducing the transaction fees of the Bitcoin Network will be possible in 1-2 years then it will definitely touch 400k (even if it's only touch it for a week) but if it's growing like crazy fast from 100k to 400k it will crash to almost nothing if it would increase it's price relatively slowly from 100k then I would say we all save and this will never pop and it can become a good alternative to the centralized forex stocks (they have a 50T market Cap!) but I would say that the chances that this scenario happens and bitcoin will never pop is not pretty good around 20-30%....

>How can it be a bubble when less than 1% of the human population has invested in it?

Bubble is when asset price exceeds valuation, generally caused by financially illiterate people entering the market, like crypto.

Total percentage of world population doesn't matter. What matters is what percentage of people are still willing to invest and can those people enter the market faster than people taking profits.

>> We are all at a wonderful ball where the champagne sparkles in every glass and soft laughter falls upon the summer air. We know, by the rules, that at some moment the Black Horsemen will come shattering through the great terrace doors, wreaking vengeance and scattering the survivors. Those who leave early are saved, but the ball is so splendid no one wants to leave while there is still time, so that everyone keeps asking “What time is it? What time is it?” but none of the clocks have any hands.

That's the most beautiful story I have ever read, user. Thank YOu.

>With crypto you get a worthless token.
wut? why would you invest in a cryptocurrency whose token does nothing?

discord.gg/c7VG3Vf
not gonna pop

How stupid can they get.

Literally going to pop in any in the next day or so.

there's actually quite a few thare are being used in the "real world" even if their adoptions are low, whether it's the obvious currency coins such as bitcoin, litecoin, monero or stuff like wabicoin and qauntstamp

Compare the images then try to tell me it's not a bubble.

kek this portfolio looks like you jumped on everything shilled here for last 3 weeks

I agree the problem is your'e going to get 200-250% from bitcoin while you can get that from actual shitcoins in 2 days and have been able to for weeks.

None of the clocks have any hands?

>wut? why would you invest in a cryptocurrency whose token does nothing?

Exactly. Normies and even many people on Veeky Forums are buying crypto thinking it's like stock. It's not. crypto has no voting rights, no claim on future profit. Once people realize that, the market will collapse. That's why I find it sad when people think there is a "paradigm change" here. Crypto is just Kickstarter 2.0.

I laugh everytime

No one uses litecoin or bitcoin to buy anything in real life. Only to transfer across exchanges. Use your brain. It's a bubble.

Nevermind I got it now, english not first language kek

This

So you have valid points to argue against it. KEK.

Well said.

>No one uses litecoin or bitcoin to buy anything in real life.
This is just objectively untrue, people do, they're stupid but they do it.

Of course it's a fucking bubble it was as fucking bubble when bitcoin was worth 10 dollars.

Every dip in 2017 was accompanied by the meme chart, and every time it's wrong. The truth is you never know whether it will pop or keep mooning, so any time we hit an ATH take some chips off the table. Once you get your initial investment back, ride the wave until it breaks

> when BTC crashes will it inevitably drag all altcoins down with it? Or can we maintain a $XXXb-$Xtrillion market cap if BTC slowly dies?

> when the bubble pops and all the normies want out at the same time will exchanges be able to handle it? Everyone wants to sell and cash out fiat from Kraken/Coinbase/whatever are these websites equipped to handle it or will they implode too making you lose your money as well even tho you pulled out at a decent time?

> When will we see the first major adopted coin actually fill a purpose in the real world? Like being used actively for whatever purpose it has and which coin will it be? If we can see mainstream adoption and revenues actually somehow justifying the value of a coin/token fundamentally before the bubble pops, i believe the bubble can grow much larger.

I feel like the crypto space BADLY needs a few coins that is being actively used and that has a fundamental value

People can't tell how late it is

The joke is, with "return to the mean" I'd still be up like 10x.

>"The US of A are leading the crypto world, look at Coinbase lol AMERICA STRONK!!1!"
Amazing how burgers are unaware of what happens in the rest of the world and how they think in such a US-centric way... Even the arrogance of my french universalist education can't match this level of autism

Umm no. Actual e-commerce use has been declining for the last two years. Research it.

Is that a question? im not sure which angle you are larping

never said it wasn't declining of course it is a volatility increases and more and more technological arise, don't pretend it isn't being used though which is what my point was.

it's valid comparison

no earnings but it's ok because of "growth"
fundamental analysis (P/E and all that boring stuff) didn't matter for dot com. fundamental analysis here is literally read a whitepaper and speculate with a crystal ball.