What is the scariest model in 40k tabletop lore wise?

What is the scariest model in 40k tabletop lore wise?
Chaos Demon Horros? Necron Flayed Ones? Sly Marbo?
I am geniluly wondering what could spook the spookers.

space marines

chaos spawn would be pretty demoralizing to look at

Culexus assassins.

Everything's terrified of them, even shit that doesn't feel fear.

Hell, in the older editions of 40k, they used to reduce the leadership of everything near them, ally or enemy, no matter what it was. Nids, Crons, didn't matter. Something about the Culexus just scared the shit out of everything.

[x] agree

Maybe this is normie tier shit, but if one was say a guardsmen and saw a chaos space marine or maybe an arco flagellent, that would be pretty fucked up.

Imagine you're a farmboy with a lasgun, scarcely three months of training, and no foreknowledge of Chaos beyond your Commissar's constant raving that only can save your soul from the Dark Gods'' horrific power. Now imagine you're sitting in a trench with several hundred lither recruits, when several tens of thousands of these come barreling across No Man's Land and could not care less how many times you shoot them. Imagine how long you, you personally, would hold your ground in the face of that.

Now I have to go read the Admech Trilogy again.

*only death in the Emperor's name

Assorted Tyranid biotitans - look less fucked up than Chaos stuff but makes up for that by horror of the sheer size.

Urien Rakarth would be one of the worst "normal" characters.

Flayed Ones are pretty fucked up.

>Chaos Space Marines
Maybe I'm a Chaos fanboy, but I think these guys would fucking terrify the average guardsman more than anything else. Here is the living embodiment of the Emperor's Will, his Angels of Death, which you were taught your whole life to revere and worship, now corrupted and vile, showing that no matter how close to the Emperor you are, everyone can still fall. It would be beyond demoralizing, perhaps even faith-shattering.

Honestly, I think a tide of Necron Warriors would be pretty horrifying. Imagine a tide of silver slowly walking up to you in complete silence, uncaring about anything you shoot them with. And even if a lucky plasma shot downs one of them, he'll just stand up soon after and continue to walk towards you. All the while shooting disintegration beams that atomize your mates and rip your tanks apart. And then you find out that this is just their most basic, conscript-tier infantry.
And even if you survive through all this, and the Emperors angels appear to save you all, you might just witness how the actual personification of Death goes haywire and tears apart the very planet you're on.

Certainly the C'tan who traumatised living creatures so hard that the picture of the Reaper comes from a kind of genetic traumatic memory of him.

This, undead are always the spooky faction for a reason and necron double down on it with tech undead.

M̴̖ͯ̒ä͖̤͙̰͉͓̻̳̐͢ͅy̬͔̟̠̻̘̙̝̪͒̉̒̂́n̗̳̿̋̌̑̕å͉̪̦̹̒r̸̥͇̣̼̟̥̙̭ͭ̐ͮ͂ͫ̆̆ḱ̮̝̠͔̩̱͇̹ͫ͒̆̄̕h̶̤̖̄ͧ̌ͦ́͝ ͔̪͙̪̭̱͈͒ͦ̆̄̿ͨ͡C͓͚͕̊̄ͦ͂̊̐͗͐ͅõ̸̫̣͕̋̽̕m̞̦͓̜͑̍̔̐ͯ́͢͝e̻͍̋̉͛̿͘͡s̵̪͙̣̯̆͆̓

Primaris Space Marines. You have walking unkillable superhumans who can walk off bolter shells to the face and can fight 10 to 1 now double the amount of damage it takes to kill one and make it faster in melee.

Necrons Were What Got me into the game, and I find them rather intimidating prior to "TOOOOOMB KINGS IN SPAAAAACE!!!!11!!!1!"

Guilliman or the Emperor once forgeworld goes full cash crazy and puts him in.

Imaging being a cultist or a renegade astartes thinking the primarchs and the emperor are false lies until they show up in your face literally crushing all of your warp tainted brothers into paste and making a mockery of your lack of faith.

Honestly, probably one of the primarchs. Primarchs can make even space marines feel fear, something even daemons can't normally do.

>from Know No Fear

But they see him coming, and they know what that means. It doesn’t matter what cosmic dementia has corrupted their minds and souls. It doesn’t matter what eternal promises the Dark Gods are whispering in their ears. It doesn’t matter what inflated courage the warp has poured into their veins along with madness.
Guilliman of Ultramar is coming right at them. To kill them. To kill them all.
Even though they stand a chance of hurting him, they waste it. They baulk. For a second, their twisted hearts know fear. Real fear.
And then he has them.
And then he is killing them

It's hard to compare 40k stuff because everything is so extreme, there's always a fuckton of things that are somehow "the most X being in the galaxy"
> Chaos marines/daemons (particularly nurgle stuff)
> Various tyranid forms with weapons that burrow in and eat people alive from the inside
> Culexus
> daemonhosts
> The more extreme inquisitors
> Necron flayed ones, destroyers and pariahs all for different reasons
> Dark eldar covens & their inventions
> Primarchs, particularly the chaos ones
The list goes on. It's all personal preference. I'd say greater daemons of nurgle or slaanesh, or the humble ripper swarm

Wow thats rude! They still have feelings you know.

Dark Eldar could be more demoralizing than anything. Just imagine yourself, in any other scenario, fighting against enemies that will kill you with absolute violence, and probably with a lot of pain.

But you will die, no matter what...

Now, how terrible could be your fate if you're not killed, but instead taken as a slave, and forever be traped in a life of endless suffering, experiencing levels of pain you couldn't even imagine, just for the amusement of the most sadistic beings in the galaxy.

Isn't Nightbringer primordial fear of death incarnate or is that old fluff?

On looks alone, Dark Eldar don't rank high on the terrify o'meter. However, if one knows what Dark Eldar do to people... They are suddenly the most "NOPE" things in the lore.

Did they ever release a Ciaphas Cain story of how he survived Dark Eldar captivity?

Enslavers? Enslavers.

They aren't all sexy

Slaaneshi find everything sexy. Yes. Even that.

I wish.

Though they did release an audio drama with him outwitting a Succubus

Well, gays are arguably pretty scary. Especially considering that marines make it a stated goal of theirs to inject their gene seed into young male recruits.

Haemonculi, easily. They literally cannot survive without torturing you for extended periods of time. Their goal is to capture, not kill.They'll keep you alive for centuries if need be laughing as you scream in pain. If you happen to die they will either revive you or rip your soul from your body and put it in their "garden" so they can keep you forever.

Please please please let the codex make this dynasty terrifying! Most of the tomb taken by the Flayer virus when they did what was thought to be impossible: completely destroying a C'Tan.

No he is the death of all things, you, me and the stars themselves. The Nightbringer is the universe heat death given a physical form and insatiable hunger for souls.

Unfortunately those feelings are "maddening rage" and "unending pain".

Mortarion

>On looks alone, Dark Eldar don't rank high on the terrify o'meter
Oh yes, the way they use human flesh to look leather like is particularly enticing. Also look hot THICC that previously humanoid Pain Engine is.

Yet can be taken down by 4 snipers.

did 40k invent the spooky skeleton meme?

i think the most terrifying aspect of the chaos space marines is how strong they are. as a single guardsmen, you dont even come close to standing a chance.

facing certain, inescapable death is why games like amnesia were so scary, the feeling of absolute hopelessness. now image thats real life and you are going to be mutilated.

The Necron 5th ED codex says that up close, Necron warriors look pathetic and pitiful though.

A minor shard of him. The C'tan, according to Shield of Baal series, were broken to millions of shard. The shards are basically cells of a much larger being.

>pic related
>Pathetic and pitiful
To other Necrons perhaps, but I don't think pity is the first thing that pops in a guardsman's head when he finds himself face to face with a spoopy metal skeleton.