Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1966: Sports Bras and Sweaty Spats Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

They are clearly angry that Valeria is making jumps more powerful than theirs. We should retaliate by making even more powerful jumps.

Dammit, I was seconds away from making Yo Gabba Gabba! Edition.

Oh well, maybe some other time.

Leave past drama in thread.

Now it can be this thread's too!

Jumpers, what recreational drugs did you pick up in the chain and how do you use them? Have they affected other settings at all?

>2017
>Still making one perkline for origins

So if nobody has any problems with the last WIP I posted, I'm gonna go ahead and do the next, and possibly final WIP.

It's mainly gonna be grammar fixes and clarifications, so If it goes over well, I might just go ahead and call it finished, then and there.

It'll actually make my day if I can finish the WIP phase on 007.

I should probably repost it here too.

When was the last time Val released a jump anyways?

I believe it was a week or so ago, when she posted Saint Seiya, Episode G.

Almost a month ago, according to the archive.
user, have you been sleeping for five weeks?

No, it was yesterday, when she posted Twintale.

>have you been sleeping for five weeks?

Man, I don't fucking know. It was a guess off the top of my head about a jump I don't really care about. Cut me some slack here.

How many of you Jumpers know you have bad taste in waifus/husbandos/"companions?"

Give her time, it's the holiday season. She's not a jumpmaking machine.

What are you talking about? It was in this very thread, when she posted monogatari.

I once considered the possibility of having good taste in anything and it seemed absurdly restricting.

>men at the top
Is this a fujo game?

She will actually release those jumps in three hours from now

Has anyone claimed Mars of Destruction?

this doesn't seem bad

You guys are fuckin' mean.

Yeah.

No, the MC is a girl. It's an otome game. Fujoshis like yaoi.

Genie item (Oil Lamp) should be pricier

You're right, it's not bad.

It's awful. Just horrible. It's fucking terrible, the worse fucking thing to ever disgrace this thread, not even fit to serve as worm food, burning trash would be superior, it actually gave me cancer and made me kill my entire family after raping my dog and eating it.

Suffice to say it's very bad.

Not that I've heard of, user.
Can I ask what it's about?

It's universally agreed that I have bad taste in all things. Except when I don't. Then I have excellent taste. It's like Schrodinger's Cat, but for waifus and Companions.

Why does SB double up on effects? This jump would almost be acceptable if you deleted the second paragraph in every perk and item.

I don't have bad taste, no matter what anyone says Clementine is a great waifu... after some talk with jumper.

So... Would you have chosen wisely in picking out the Grail if you were with Indiana Jones?

She needs to take smiling lessons from Cheshire. Not enough teeth, you know?

Of course. But that's more do to actually remembering the part in the bible about Jesus being a humble son of a carpenter. Of course he wouldn't have a gold or jeweled cup. Stupid Nazis.

Well, she kinda is...

It's kinda a similar situation to Garzey's Wing, in that it's pretty much considered one of the wort anime ever made.

If I do claim it, which I'm not quite yet, it'll be for an April 1st release.

It's about people fighting aliens, except it turns out that humans are actually from Mars, and that the bad guys, called "ancients" are the original inhabitants of Earth. The main cast is composed of a bunch of moeblobs with sub-machine guns, and a male MC that's pretty much discount Shinji Ikari, because his government dad makes him put on the super fighting suit that crushes his organs with every use.

It's so bad, in pretty much every way an anime can be, so I'm mainly thinking of making a jump as a joke. Despite it's current infamy, only a single episode was made, so I'm still on the fence whether it's even feasible as a joke.

I have a great gif from the series, but I'm not sure if I'll get in trouble for it, so I'll post it in response to this post.

>jiji's art
>bad taste

Literally the most majestic taste.

>tfw you're playing Oneshot because a jump is getting made of it
>stuck in the second room already
Holy shit, I think I might be too much of a brainlet for these kinda games.

Nevermind, it looks like my game is bugged and I can't pick up the damn key.

Here goes nothing.

I thought so at first, but its priced on par with the other 400CP items.

The snake headed staff that increases your magic power by a magnitude while decreasing the expenditure to cast it for 200CP; now that is underpriced.

Within the context of the jump, there's only one option to gain magic, and it's low-powered with high finesse. So the staff isn't out of place for that... As long as you're only counting that one magic.

I finally got the chance to look over it, and I really like the look of the jump, Gene. Mind giving some background on the setting, plot, and things that a Jumper should watch out for.

I got caught up in the Toku hype and now have three series of Kamen Rider to watch concurrently and don't have time to watch this yet. Send help.

It's three omnipotent wishes. Such a thing shouldn't even be offered in an Aladdin jump of all things. It should cost 1800 CP if anything.

My sides have ascended past this mortal plane.

Oh, I remember this show. Yes, definitely do a jump of this.

No, you see it makes her seem like froppy.

Correction it offers 3 wishes that grants stuff from outside of the jump.

It could be omnipotent in universe and all that but it allows you to gain literally anything truly without limit.

Genies in Aladdin are far from omnipotent, they're powerful but seem to top out at turning others into genies.

If it were me I would price it as a capstone with no discount.

what

What is Itachi doing in the land of snow, and who is that with him?

Read the text. You can buy anything that isn't resurrecting the dead, making someone fall in love with you, or to kill someone. You also can't ask for anything offered by a jump, but you can get anything else. Wish to be a god. Wish to be all the gods at once. You can't wish for Demonbane, but you can wish to be stronger then Demonbane.

But I can just go to that Jump and be stronger than Elder God Demonbane for 700 CP.

Yeah, I tried to include as much of that stuff in the jump itself as possible, but I had to cut a lot of it out to bring it to a reasonable length.

The long and short of the series is that an apathetic highschool boy ends up joining a high-tech anti-cyber terrorist organization, that just happens to use sentient robot cellphones with legs that can hack pretty much anything.

As far as threats, there's the weekly cyber terrorists, who's plans range from bombings to phishing to wide-scale mind control. There are a lot of mind control type villains int his show.

The main villian for most of the show is phone braver 01, who's mainly such a threat because he has all a phone braver's (the walking cellphones) capabilities, which he uses to support the previously mentioned cyber terrorists.

The series is for kids, so despite having some genuinely hard hitting moments and good drama, there's just as much lighthearted, almost slice of life shenanigans and slapstick.

The final enemy of the series is actually disproportionately dangerous for the setting, but I didn't know if you wanted that kind of super spoiler-y info. I'll go into detail if you want though.

Shouldn't it be limited to the abilities of a Genie in the setting?

I want to fuck that dragon...

That's how we reduced my bullshit to reasonable levels.

It literally destroys the balance of the jump, its priced in the same tier as a grand but otherwise mundane city, a hand that turns things gold and a cave with a bunch of riches and supernatural items.

Literally things you could get for a single wish on the lamp that is a mere 200 minimum and 400 maximum.

Not even going into trying to steal tech/biological stuff, but how would you troll the doctor? Use timetravel to always be there to say 'I told you so?' Shout 'boo!' at him when he thinks he's alone? Introduce yourself as his kid? Call him grandfather paradox?

How do I troll the good doc?

Someone's making a jump for Oneshot? Awesome.

Damn. The game's damn good, if a bit short.

You can't. He's always smarter then you, because of jump fiat.

Stick the warehouse key in the door of the TARDIS.

Hey Brother_user, I've got a couple of Irredeemable questions for you, if you've got a moment.

Would Elosian scholar come with enough knowledge to talk shop with Qubit or Modeus? Not in terms of brainpower, obviously, but just raw data and technical knowledge.

Would Don't Turn Your Back help with avoiding a mental breakdown of your own?

But can he outsmart bullet?

You want to deny him all of his stuff by giving him all of mine?

Hilarious, but what if he finds my browser history?

>You want to deny him all of his stuff by giving him all of mine?
You'd want to do it when he's not looking, I just thought it'd be funny if he tries to go inside and it's not what he expected. Bonus points if you start ranting about it being bigger on the inside when this happen.

You know how the Eleventh Doctor is really full of himself, and keeps bluffing people with nothing more than his reputation for doing the impossible without ever actually having a plan, because he's just that confident that no one could possibly call him on it? Call him on it. Like when he's going "yeah, which one of you wants to take the first shot and see what I'll retaliate with" during The Pandorica Opens, just shoot him.

Question for everyone who's taking the Kamen Rider Ex-Aid jump.

Who else is planning on stealing the Build Driver when Takumi Katsuragi shows up to steal Ex-Aid's powers? I'm too impatient to wait for the Kamen Rider Build jump.

>Bonus points if you start ranting about it being bigger on the inside when this happen.
Oh, that's an idea. Put a portal to a regular old police box right inside the entrance to the TARDIS, so that when he opens it it's exactly as big on the inside as it looks.

Just pretend the jump doesn't exist. It's what everyone else does.

>Civilians don't get a 100 CP perk for free
Why's that?

That part never made sense to me. Sure maybe he can do something if he is on your fucking ship but you are like 8 fleets from various species. Nuke the fucking planet from orbit.

Who was doing Generic Australia Jump again?

>But can he outsmart bullet?
Given how, despite fighting genocidal aliens on a weekly basis, he's been shot remarkably few time?

Possibly.

Bad writing is bad writing, there is at least one video essay over an hour long explaining why that season is terrible.

Thats classified, move along civilian.

Tenth doctor was my favorite anyway.

Can I just yell BANG really loudly?

The Pandorica is a bad example since the whole thing was actually a trap for the Doctor, and all the aliens were in on it.

But yeah, at this point you'd think they'd just blow up Earth without any fancy plans.

I assumed it was just standard jumpmaking convention that Drop-Ins don't get freebees. Though, I kinda did that anyway with the items section.

That's an early jumpchain thing.

>reduced my bullshit to reasonable levels
Huh. What was it before?

Ah, then I guess it's a bit silly to do it here if even I don't see any practical reason for it. I'll probably change that then.

Some people like to do that if drop-in is free and the other origins cost CP, but charging for origins has been falling out of style anyway.

I just don't think it makes sense to do that if drop-in doesn't have some kind of advantage over other origins.

Back when people made non-Drop In backgrounds cost CP just for giving you a background, Drop-In would get their 100ers discounted instead of free to balance the prices out.

'Kay, that seems sensible to me.

>Hey Brother_user, I've got a couple of Irredeemable questions for you, if you've got a moment.
Sure, user. Happy to.
>Would Elosian scholar come with enough knowledge to talk shop with Qubit or Modeus? Not in terms of brainpower, obviously, but just raw data and technical knowledge.
Kind of yes, kind of no. All that information comes from the Eleos who see things in a very different way from how humans do. Things like differences in terminology, concepts and so on will differ because of how alien they are in comparison to humans. Getting past that hurdle is possible but will take some effort before you can fleuently chat and talk shop about the sciences. When it comes to technology, the Eleoshave had little need to apply their knowledge of science and how the universe works through intermediary means given how they are reality warpers, so they are going to be a little weaker on technical topics. Given their extremely good grounding in science and general intellect as well as memories of what they have seen other races do it's just a matter of a bit of work on the part of a Jumper with Eleosian Scholar to address that small weakness.
>Would Don't Turn Your Back help with avoiding a mental breakdown of your own?
I'm afraid not, user. Although with enough creativity...

I always thought that was just fluff, not inviolable fiat.

That is a bad jump though, it aged like shit and wasn't that good when it came out.
I wouldn't take the jump even if it was good, however, just because I don't think I could tolerate the Doctor for longer than an extremely brief period.

>but charging for origins has been falling out of style
Unless, of course, the origin itself represents something more powerful than the norm.

Not me. The Build Driver is kind of boring. I think it's because it's built around the Best Matches. With previous mix-and-match riders like W or OOO, while it was clear that there were specific optimal combinations of the powers the individual pieces could work fine in any configuration. You could take a Gaia Memory or Core Medal or Astro Switch on its own and tell what it does, and from there make up combinations. But the Full Bottles are based around the Best Matches. Half of them are just filler for the other side of the Best Match, and don't really have any discernible benefit on their own. Some of them, like Kaizoku Ressha, are nothing but the Best Match, and neither half has any individual use that I can tell. You might as well not even have the Full Bottles come in pairs, just have a single Bottle that's a combination of two flavors of Nebula Gas. That could actually work better with the mad science theme, instead of purifying the Full Bottles have a scene where Sento has to mix and combine extracts in his lab.

I think its been ruled that the crossover things don't happen in the jumps.

What would be the possible positives and negatives of building a chaldea system inside my soul?

FUCK
>tfw I can't Be The One until the end of Build

Yeah, I kinda agree with you. This is why I think Cross-Z, Night Rogue, and Blood Stalk are cooler because they only transform using one Full Bottle.

Awesome, thanks. Thats a really well-thought out answer btw, I appreciate it.

Positives
>Unlimited Power

Negatives
>You need a county inspector to come out and look your soul over so you can get the right permits, and that's a huge hassle

>You need a county inspector to come out and look your soul over so you can get the right permits, and that's a huge hassle

Not so much of a hassle if I take that fisher king perk from king arthur and possibly that perk that lets you metaphysically buy property from the gamer.

Though considering how much I have stylized my self in the vision of a xia I probably have soul beurocracy to deal with.

Fuck.

>tfw no one could prove Shards aren't omnipotent

>The world is not composed entirely of Shard junk food and hot lady Shards
If Shards are Omnipotent, why is this?

Prove I'm not omnipotent.

>implying she just hasn't given up jumpmaking
Be a little less pessimistic, user.

>tfw no one could prove Shards aren't mention pot

.tfw no one could prove Shards aren't onion tempt