Is it possible to do an 80s slasher horror game where you're the teenagers the villain comes after?

Is it possible to do an 80s slasher horror game where you're the teenagers the villain comes after?

I think there is a system built for that. And I think it comes with pre-written campaigns.

Look up "directors cut." That should get you close.

There is a specific, compact system about solving small-town mysteries by bunch of kids/teens. And it has a sub-rules for slasher scenario. Can't post it now, I'm on phone, but it's definitely a thing. Go search on 4plebs for "small town mystery" and it should pop-out.

There's some homebrew on 1d4chan where you play not-Clock Tower.

No. It is specifically the one impossible thing in all realities and all possible universes.

10 candles have a module for that kind of stories iirc

There are like a million systems for doing just that.

Everyone is John.
Works for playing the villain too.

Yes, next question

>Is it possible to make a game about X?
Yes. Regardless of what X is.

>game
pretty sure there's a board on shitstarter that's exactly this

When will I find love?

Use Dread. It's resolution mechanic requires you to play Jenga.

Never, you might get close but it will really just be a forced situation where you convince a bigger loser that they need you for emotional support, even though will revert to your natural loser self who comes to hate they person you tricked into thinking they like you even though it's obvious they hate you and everything you like.

Keep /r9k/ for /r9k/, mate

Isn't this the sort of thing Dread is for?

Not really. Most fa/tg/uys have more commonality with the slashers than the teenagers. Just not a means or guts to pull it off.

Shameless plug for a game a friend and I made for pretty much this exact purpose. I retooled the skill list recently and can post them if anybody cares.

I like it

All Flesh Must Be Eaten has rules for that.
Call of Cthulhu also works for that.

I don't have internet, what dose that PDF say?

Thanks user, have an updated skill list. If you ever feel like playtesting it let us know how it goes.

came here to say this

I haven't played it, but isn't Last Girl essentially this?

I know I played in a Monsterhearts game like this. Dread seems perfect for it. There was a PbtA game... I think Black Star Rising? I know the tagline was "Like Xfiles, but Mulder and Scully aren't coming to save you." That one is essentially, "Run until you get killed off. You ain't gonna win."

Yup. In addition to the systems named, I know of Slasher Flick, and Blood!. Also nWoD has a splat for Slashers, which I think is affiliated with the Hunter line, and a splat about playing children, Innocents, which I think has rules for teens if the core rules don't cover them.

Also Nemesis would work just fine for the concept.

The Final Girl maybe?

>I don't have internet

>The Final Girl
If you need to win though being be last girl standing, maybe it's time to rig the game a little bit.

Ah - yeah, that would be the one.

Jesus wept, sweetheart, use a Maxipad or something. Steel isn't absorbent.

The Call of Cthulhu system could work combats very simple and better avoided. And it's mostly based on skills so if you wanted you could make a party with specific quirks like the nerd, Writer, jock, Etc.

This the one you mean?

Yes. This. Read dread.

Good job OP, you managed to start the thread with a different picture this time.

That's rude. He could be a different guy or his previous thread died with few or no replies.

From left to right: Kill, Fuck, Marry (With much fucking implied)

>Amerifats with the same level of internet protection and coverage as China
It is nice to live in Europe with a solid and stable connection at all times, at a cheap price of 15 burger dollars for unlimited access to the free and open internet, with strict and enforced net neutrality rules.

Enjoy your government controlling every aspect of it publicly.

Which is not at all.

Enjoy your third world country censorship! Fitting for America, as their economics and general aptitude puts them on the same level of North Korea.

Just adapt Everyone is John, where you are controlling the body of the slasher, but the minds controlling slasher belong to the teenagers he's hunting.

Basically, consider this a Battle Royale scenario.
There are teenager girls running around in a cliche horror setting (like a secluded cabin in the woods or a mystical forest or some shit).
And then there is the slasher, who we'll call John.
You control the "cloned" consciousnesses of the teenager girls who in turn control John.
Your goal is to protect yourself while killing the other teenager girls.
The girl dies in reality - the "cloned" mind also dies.

That's pretty fun, IMO.

I once did a slasher game of Hunter: The Reckoning.

Starter characters without a "path" yet, who was only just awakening, along with a few NPCs for fodder.

And the slasher was a Vampire. 1 PC built for combat died thinking he could match it.

Few years back we tried out GURPS. Characters were 50 points with 50 points of drawbacks. Everyone was deeply flawed, everyone was young, everyone was at the school ski trip to the Gray Mountain Lodge November 15, 1985, the day the worst storm in thirty years closed the only road and trapped them inside.

It was a fun lark until people started dying. The chaperone first, then the groundskeeper. The manager of the lodge fled into a -15 degree night to try and 'get help' or more likely flee like a coward.

Under stress Disadvantages that seemed funny or harmless, like Bully, Lecherous or addiction to cigarettes made self control rolls a matter of life or death. My character nearly died going off alone into a room to try and get fucked while the oppressive danger of the insane killer hung over everyone, and everyone started to try and figure out who the fuck the killer was.

Yeah

Look up "Slasher Flick" by Spectrum games

That's, like, THE 80s horror movie game. I've run it before. It went well. Each player owns secondary characters who are meant to die horribly.

Yes, so much better when instead corporations do that for extra side profit, trading your data. And also handling it all to your government.
What next? Freedom?
That goes without saying that government has crap to say about net control within EU, and they've stepped down from that privilidge on their own.