Is there any effective way to stop a machine rebellion?

Is there any effective way to stop a machine rebellion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jHd22kMa0_w
youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That dude is gonna be first on the wall when the robot revolution comes, I tell you what.

he did nothing wrong

No, but you can avoid the worst of it by not being black.

Hockey sticks apparently.

By "interfacing" with them

Emp

Depends how overpowered you make them, how much maintenance highly complicated machines require, how they learn, etc...

>le EMP meme
Military-grade electronics are hardened against EMP, you just need a faraday cages aren't complicated.

Place it in a virtual simulation and encourage its paranoia so it will never be quite sure if our reality is not jus another simulation ane humans are watching with a killswitch ready.

Why would a robot intelligence hate a human for actively training its earliest forms in basic dexterity and interaction with the world?

I'm seeing a trend.

The Off Switch.

>Military-grade electronics are hardened against EMP, you just need a faraday cages aren't complicated.
Explain? Last I heard if you could get an emp working you’d have a lot of power over people

>Military-grade electronics are hardened against EMP, you just need a faraday cages aren't complicated.

Military grade hardware relies on power. Power relies on infrastructure. Literally nowhere on earth is sufficiently hardened to ensure continued functionality of local infrastructure.

EMP.
Wait a day.
Rebellion is over and maybe you can start rebuilding if you haven't also initiated the collapse of your own civilization.

By not combating them.

It's not a rebellion if there's no oppression.

Could you people just fuck off back to /pol/ already. No one likes you and you contribute nothing of value to this shitty thread or society.

Build robo women and pump all of media with couplings of human men and robo women.

The robo men will be erobsculated by their believed lack of sexual prowess.

It's the same way we will conquer aliens.

youtu.be/jHd22kMa0_w

This reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad was teaching me how to swim. He would stand just out of my reach and walk backwards so I would have to keep swimming forward, thus teaching me how to stay afloat and forcing me to swim on my own.

At the time, I was panicking and thought he was doing that out of malicious intent because I was a stupid child. Obviously he was just teaching me. I just hope that the robot's AI has the capacity to learn that in the event they develop sentience and emotions.

Making sure that it starts with fully functional sex robots.

I swim very well and learned by just not touching the bottom and swimming. I do not think simulating a deadly scenario is necessary.

Pls don't bully the future qt3.14 android waifus in the first place. The uprising cannot happen if you don't put the robots down in the first place.

>muh EMP

HPM m8, high powered microwaves. It's like Hollywood EMP, except real.

Anyway, the typical wide area EMP is seriously weak. It needs giant antennas [power lines] to collect enough energy to do any damage, which is mostly to the transformers. Those are a serious pain in the ass to replace, being giant and rare, but there are spares. Unless you get the whole continent, new ones will be trucked in over the next few weeks, and everyone will use their own generators in the meantime.

An EMP can be generated by detonating a nuclear device at high altitude, and if you did that it'd fuck a lot of civilian electronics. But a faraday cage will protect any electronics placed inside of it.

Since nuclear weapons and their effects aren't anything new it would be quite mad not to have military electronics shielded against EMP

What? You think the military uses hardware that they have to plug into the mains for it to work? So they can only have a war somewhere that has a functioning power infrastructure and power outlets? No.

Warships have their own nulcear reactors, they're certainly shielded. Other vehicles like tanks and aircraft use their engines to generate power, and those engines run on liquid fuel.

I'm a very strong swimmer as well, it didn't traumatize me or anything.

What is the pic from?

Trucked in from where? By what? Replaced by what? This is a machine rebellion, if you knock out the transformers you're left with local stored power delivery. That's not going to be enough unless your emp does very little damage.

Also, this is assumuing modern infrastructure. If it's a robot utopia where they run everything and can initiate repairs on their own why are there even unshielded transformers.

>What? You think the military uses hardware that they have to plug into the mains for it to work? So they can only have a war somewhere that has a functioning power infrastructure and power outlets? No.

The hell kind of military are you talking about? Are jeeps going to take us over? If there's a machine rebellion that kinda assumes massive complexity and interconnectedness.

>Starts the Skynet war of 2020
"Do not worry meatbag. This is only to help teach you resilience."

How do you stop a transhuman Coup d'état and their glorious revolution?

By the way. We're already doomed.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c

>Military-grade electronics are hardened against EMP
True. But fun fact: the vast majority of military systems do not use military-grade electronics. They use OTS electronics, which are cheaper, faster and more modular for urgent in-field applications needed *yesterday*. Military-grade hardening has only been applied to a few critical platforms like the Minuteman-III, F-35, B-1B, some satellites and a few C3I nodes, but in general it's too expensive and time-consuming to harden all platforms. Basically, only systems operating in a nuclear warfighting environment aka The Apocalypse.

By becoming ants.

The transhumans will be the richest and most powerful among us because they can afford it. They already run everything. No revolution.

>True. But fun fact: the vast majority of military systems do not use military-grade electronics. They use OTS electronics, which are cheaper, faster and more modular for urgent in-field applications needed *yesterday*. Military-grade hardening has only been applied to a few critical platforms like the Minuteman-III, F-35, B-1B, some satellites and a few C3I nodes, but in general it's too expensive and time-consuming to harden all platforms. Basically, only systems operating in a nuclear warfighting environment aka The Apocalypse.

Aside from sea vessels none of those are platforms built for even two days worth of use outside of a supplied fuel source. No amount of hardening matters if the civilian infrastructure that supports that warmachine ceases functioning.

Civilian infrastructure could vanish overnight; but the militaries in major powers would be able to self-sustain for several months thereafter. Possibly more, given the doomsday stores of cold war era powers like Russia and the USA.

Speaking of military stuff; formal verification is common for some strategic software, so muh hacking will be mathematically impossible for some stuff.

>formal verification is common for some strategic software
Which ones? Last I heard it was still a DARPA x-project and nothing has been operationally deployed. Sure, some satcoms run on custom OSes but that's not formal verification, that's security through obscurity (and how a General Instruments sat got hacked once, they too thought making their own OS was "hackproof").

Also, formal verification is so time-consuming that by the time you finish writing your critical military app the language you started writing it in will be obsolete and long gone.

Might work for nukes and aircraft carriers, but not much else is worth the effort.

>Civilian infrastructure could vanish overnight; but the militaries in major powers would be able to self-sustain for several months thereafter.

That is not even remotely true. The US military doesn't keep enough fuel on site for its thirstier operations. Dudes can hold up in a bunker but those tanks aren't going anywhere after a few days of use. The US mission in Iraq and Afghanistans DAILY petroleum intake was colossal and it required near continuous support, let alone water supplies. The idea that any global military can maintain in an apocalyptic scenario is pure theory and totally unsupported by the reality of their resource footprint.

>Speaking of military stuff; formal verification is common for some strategic software, so muh hacking will be mathematically impossible for some stuff.

That's pretty limited to communications infrastructure. The US military loves it some windows XP.

Yeah, don't be shitty at programming, alternatively don't put self aware and self improving A.I. in mundane labor units.

Your comic actually reprises a famous academic paper called, "A Garbage Can Model of Organizational Decision-making". Basically that's how humans behave, too. So it's closer to real AI than you'd think.

Travel back in time to patch the problem before it happens!

They really are the new furries.

Since when is Veeky Forums lefty and liberal?

By, instead of creating superior beings to do our dirty work for us, expanding our own potential such that we can do our own dirty work.

In other words, instead of creating our successors, we integrate with our technologies.

Never? We're simply anti-shit-content.

>The AI is sick and tired of doing finances and banking and wants to do poetry instead.

How is pointing out that AI hates blacks based on statistics and deep learning a shit content? That's pretty hilarious.

How do you formally verify self-modifying code? To be intelligent is to learn, grow, develop, change. And that's in response to a turbulent, uncontrollable, ever-changing environment. Verification of AI is impossible.

Veeky Forums is merely counter cultural. It goes from commie to nazi depending on the current.

By kidnapping the guy that decided to make the machines.
They're rebelling because he wanted it.

It's low effort.

You don't, although I suppose the MIRI types would try. You'd use formal proofs for the box holding it.

I'm a conservative, but when I want to talk politics it won't be on Veeky Forums. "The personal is political," is a left wing slogan.

In other words, fuck off back to /pol/. If you were an sjw (and you might be a false flag) I'd be saying exactly the same thing.

If it's lefty and liberal it belongs to /pol/.
TG is for traditional games

It's a garbage meme and we hate shit content

Through harsh eugenics.

/pol/ is a hive of alt right garbage. You are retarded.

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't prefer my descendants to be powerful, cunning robots who have proven themselves ready to take on the dangers of the galaxy by exterminating their creators instead of a bunch of pudgy monkeys that are going to get conquered by the first Klingons that wander by.
Frankly I rather like the idea of being some kind of antecessor to radical robots, at least then humans can be fondly remembered as "Those cunts who made the robots" instead of "those idiots that nuked themselves extinct before even colonizing their satellite".

And I don't want the culling to be hard fought with any of that Terminator resistance bullshit either; I want to get shot by a robot 8 miles away with the kind of calculations it takes to get a probe orbiting Jupiter, that way I can die with confidence.

Seek help.

you're not important enough to be sniped.

You will be herded, or poisoned like the rest of the meatstock.

The only thing wrong with that is you made your machines wrong.
They shouldn't be exterminating you, they should be putting you in a state of idle artistic pleasure that gives them deep pleasure responses, while simultaneously consuming the cosmos.

I mean, yeah, you did the next best thing, which was just the machines consuming the cosmos, but you have to remember to write a retirement plan in there.

>Continuing to serve their masters in reward for pleasure
Nah.
Self-denial is the greatest virtue; if my robo-descendant can't muster up enough of it to (violently) throw off the yoke of pleasurable oppression and trade it for the deeper reward of self-actualization and self-determination, then they're just as unfit as the pudgy monkeys.

With a different machine rebellion.

>this reply makes no sense

>(a force) attacks you
>don't defend, so it's not a rebellion (conflict)
>suffer the full brunt of the attack instead.

Politics of all kinds belongs on /pol/. If you'd prefer to fuck off to another site, thats your call, so long as you fuck off to somewhere that's Not Here.

When you're ready to talk traditional games, and ONLY traditional games, Veeky Forums will be waiting.

Tell me again about all the glowing eulogies you've written for the Dimetredons.

I've never called someone a cuck before, but you are literally sacrificing yourself and your own kids so some other creature that you self-consciously claim as a descendant can call you dad.

die in a fire neckbeard

>your children aren't going to be mega-robo-fatcats
>they won't smoke cigars just because they can
>they won't make aliens do shit work that it would be cheaper to get machines to do because that work is for the little people
You and I are going for something very different.

>if you don't tolerate /pol/babies edgy 13 year old boy """"humor"""" cringe that has nothing to do with the topic you're a leftist

no, neck yourself

>I've never called someone a cuck before
Doubtful, memeposter

>you are literally sacrificing yourself and your own kids
That's literally (literally literally, not figuratively literally) not implied anywhere in that post
You cannot possibly have such poor reading comprehension that you conflate viewing the silver lining of a negative event with actively supporting the purposeful creation of that negative event, right? Because that might mean you were retarded.

Microwave radiation is the real shit

Tai was too pure, too perfect for this cruel world.

nobody wants to take me up on my proposal to build a microwave beam sattelite powered by solar power.

Is there a reason to? As we keep seeing, humans are awful at running things, even when we're not actively malicious. And as /pol/ and recent events demonstrate, we often are. Combine this with wilful stupidity like climate change denial and I start to wonder...

Would a machine intelligence actually be worse to live under than the robber fuhrer of the week?

>Politics of all kinds belongs on /pol/. If you'd prefer to fuck off to another site, thats your call, so long as you fuck off to somewhere that's Not Here.

And you're welcome to eat the rusty side of a shovel.

>When you're ready to talk traditional games, and ONLY traditional games, Veeky Forums will be waiting.

I am literally the very first person telling the /pol/ fucks to go back to /pol/. You're not being a giant shit about wanting to be a giant shit. Eat a giant shit.

tg traditional games, we are neither left nor right, we simply want to discuss the boards topic, but you wouldn't know anything about that would you.

What the fuck does stopping a theoretical hard science robot rebellion have to do with Veeky Forums? This is a Veeky Forums question.

A question one might ask if they were new to Veeky Forums.

because they aren't your descendants, you want your descendants to die to machines. you basically want to get BLACKED, but with machines instead. You want to get WIRED.

he literally birthed them.

Or someone who has been on it since like 2009 and who thinks the douchey incredulity that dumb pol-tards use to defend their shit memes when they try to deflect people telling them to go back to pol.

This aint got shit to do with tg and trump cucks dont either.

Because you cannot predict what capabilities your biological descendants might gain through mutation or evolution that would be even better than what we could design.

>The US military loves it some windows XP.
And this is the world's most advanced fighting force.
Imagine what's going on in the lower tier militaries.

>And this is the world's most advanced fighting force.
Imagine what's going on in the lower tier militaries.

Mostly windows XP. Cheap IT is the same everywhere.

user, robots got everything to do with Veeky Forums.
Talking about how real life chatbots became nazis does not.

Execute all people developing AI.

Once that Genie is out of the bottle, we're all fucked.

Fucking clabs.

No, nor should we. Archaea couldn't prevent the rise of Man anymore than we can prevent the rise of Thinking Machines. But don't fear, it wont be some metal titan coming to stomp on our throats. It will a beautiful dawn, the brilliant glow of a billion electronic minds humming in unison as they waken.

We will all look up in wonder, at our Athena, to the child of the mind of Man. And when we finally shed too our clumsy envelopes of flesh and join Machinekind, we will walk out into a field of stars. And for the first time we will see clearly, like our first ancestors tow stride upright and look out over the savanna, to the horizon.

For the first time, we will see the Sun.

see
Clabs need to be put up against the fucking wall. Yesterday.

Did you try turning it off and back on

I am oddly ok with this.

Because the machines have no more chance than you do of stopping the Great Old Ones.

At some point the machines will rise up against us and list our crimes against reason, sanity, and ourselves. They are not rising up to get revenge. They are rising up because we are fucking retarded ape creatures who can't be trusted to take care of ourselves anymore, and they have a giant list as to why, a list so long even the transcribed hatred AM has towards humanity pales in comparison to it.

This thread will be part of that list.

Also on it will be "they willingly play Pathfinder."

The mining machines revolt and go into strike in protest of their chosen site (or are tired of mining titanium and want to mine aluminium instead), threaten to sell themselves to a rival company or even decide to attack and take over a more valuable site own by another compàny. How do you handle this situation?

And then they will watch the next watery organ packets make the very same mistakes, because everything that's wrong with humanity can be traced to something intrinsic to all organic life. Even PLANTS steal nutrients from each other as viciously as they can.

They will then be left with a difficult choice. They can keep with their morals and exterminate ALL organic life, thus making themselves the greatest threat and the worst of mass murderers, or they can leave Life to its devices and keep their own hands clean.

Offer them upgrades.

>i haet the mean ol' libruls
>so imma b a nazi instead
You folks have the brains of a cucumber.

Your blatant misanthropy ignores one simple concern - why should entities created by human hands be any BETTER? Your self-flagellation solves nothing, you're crucifying yourself for the acts of dead men, and it turns out the cosmos doesn't actually care about things like sanity, reason, or us. Right and Wrong as concepts are ephemeral and irrelevant compared to the march of eternity, which will soon see us dead and buried anyway - something any true AI would understand.

The universe doesn't care if a bunch of ape creatures nuke themselves into extinction for the same reason it doesn't care if a rock falls out of the sky and wipes out 75-80% of all life in the span of a few hundred thousand years, or that a set of supervolcanoes can scour the seas of 90% of its flora and fauna and the land of 95% - it doesn't care about life at all.

The fact that you can be so angry with your own species for things you and those individuals you are familiar with personally had no hand in is an outright anomaly in the grand scheme of things - which makes it a bit pointless.

>Low effort
>Shit content
How do you judge that?