What are some good lifehacks for getting cheap dice?

What are some good lifehacks for getting cheap dice?

I think everyone knows the best way to get cheap D6's is to go to yard sales and buy old junk board games, but how would I go about getting other kinds of dice on the cheap?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Kuuqa-Polyhedral-Complete-Dungeons-Dragons/dp/B01MF5G9DY/ref=sr_1_63?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1514564702&sr=1-63&keywords=dice
amazon.com/Wiz-Dice-Pack-Random-Polyhedral/dp/B01KN7REWQ/ref=sr_1_27?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1514564503&sr=1-27&keywords=dice
amazon.com/Discount-Learning-Supplies-Black-Dice/dp/B00B6SIMQ4/ref=sr_1_18?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1514564503&sr=1-18&keywords=dice
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Random generators

On amazon, you can get 7 sets for $10.

That's more dice than you'll ever need.

I mean, I know we're living in the electronic age and anyone can just pull out their phone and go Random.org, but doesn't that take a lot of the magic out of it?

For $15-25 you can get a literal pound of dice from Wiz gaming or Chessex. Cheaper than buying old board games.

Why can't you use your phone?

>being so fucking poor you can't buy dice
Shouldn't you be selling matches on the street corner at this time of year?

>T. guy who owns a game supply shop

When Hastings was going bankrupt I got 400 random dice for 30 dollars. All in cases and in tidy sets. So my answer? Find a bookstore going bankrupt with a roleplay games section.

Is 20 cents a dice too much for you bud?

Missing the point. Some people like it to be an adventure to find their supplies.

What the fuck kind of hobo scheme is that?

Most LGS have literal candy jars of dice sitting by the register and you can pick out a full set (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20) for less than $5. For the cost of an individual d6 you are probably going to actually spend more on an old beat to shit copy of Yahtzee that has bedbugs in the box liner and also get dice that have shitty number distribution. Its even less worthwhile when you consider that you are going to have to go and get the d6 and still go somewhere to get the entire rest of the die set.

Fuck you pissed me off

>mfw got some kickass mercury dice at a yard sale for ten burgers

Get some cheap bones from the meat processing plant of your choice and carve your own.

>Some people like it to be an adventure to find their supplies.
Uh, what? Who wants to waste time/money/energy going to six different places to find something when you have a a magical computational device in your fucking pocket and are three clicks away from literally the best deal for anything you could ever want?

Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.

>lifehacks
Please stop using this phrase.

>cheap dice
Purchase in bulk from board game suppliers.

>cheap dice lifehack

Local game stores have cheap dice. You can get a set of good dice for like 5 USD or less. The pound-o-dice sets are a decent deal if you don't mind having non-matching dice.

Honestly if you go to multiple places shopping for dice you're likely to waste more money on transit than you'd ever have saved in prices.

If you really need poo physical dice and you can't afford them, then you could hypothetically just salvage objects of the right shape. There are pyramid-shaped objects that can be d4s and metal chips that can be d2s.

Or you could go super old school and papercraft them.

>7 sets for $10.
you got a link to that?

Look for the suppliers who sell to schools. I got 20 d10s for a bit over 2 USD. Where I live 10 d10s usually cost ~15 USD.

7 sets for 11$
amazon.com/Kuuqa-Polyhedral-Complete-Dungeons-Dragons/dp/B01MF5G9DY/ref=sr_1_63?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1514564702&sr=1-63&keywords=dice

15 non-matching sets for 20$
amazon.com/Wiz-Dice-Pack-Random-Polyhedral/dp/B01KN7REWQ/ref=sr_1_27?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1514564503&sr=1-27&keywords=dice

100 d6s in case you're supplying an entire shadowrun group with dice
amazon.com/Discount-Learning-Supplies-Black-Dice/dp/B00B6SIMQ4/ref=sr_1_18?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1514564503&sr=1-18&keywords=dice

Dice are not expensive at all. If you know what you need, you can get all the dice you'll ever want for like 20 bucks or less.

If you're too cheap to buy that 'pound of dice' off amazon, how are you able to afford internet access?

>What are some good lifehacks for getting cheap dice?
You can get the bones to carve your dice out of by dissolving your players' bodies in a bathtub filled with acid.
Just be careful - human bones become really brittle after prolonged contact with acid. Try stripping the bodies of flesh beforehand, and then applying weak cleaning solutions to cleant the bones instead.

wew
thanks friend

Sure thing.

Just search "dice" under "toys and games". You'll get a dizzying array of cheap dice options.

>good lifehacks for getting cheap dice?

Go to a gaming store that sells individual dice instead of just overpriced sets. A normal Chessex set is priced ~7USD. Buying the dice individually is ~5USD or less for the same set. Quality is comparable.

Hard-mode - import in bulk from China, and re-sell to your friends. You can end up making money even if you sell 50% cheaper than stores, but dealing with Chinese manufacturing directly is always a gamble.