What went so wrong? Is this game as dead as it seems to be?

What went so wrong? Is this game as dead as it seems to be?

Never once did anyone look at xwing and say "this completely restrictive movement mechanic would work so well in a fantasy wagame. And we should do rank and file to get that hot money spending ex-whfb crowd!"

war game with dials and other unessesery shit that fantasyflight normaly add to there games. Model where made from that semirubber plastic like descent and i didint like it

I didn't even know it came out

They did not realize that Warhammer Fantasy was not popular because of its mechanics, but because of its lore and the ability to create own armies by customizing the multi-part plastic kits.
Runewars has rubbery miniatures who look like a cheap warcraft clone with little to no customization and shitty lore.

Look at those blue guys on the cover, you should've known this shit was DOA

THIS! The movement mechanic was the one thing that killed it for me before release. It feels retarded as fuck on infantry. Also, unpainted miniatures killed it for the x-wing crowd who just want to play and don't care about modelling. Warhammer fags are stockholmed and no other game will ever get their bux, so they didn't buy it either.

It's a lot more like a board game than a war game IMO. There are still sets coming out.

yeah. they went to much in the middle with the minis. Either go fully apinted and finished for the gamers. Or completly unassembled proper plastic for the hobbiests. This assembled but unpainted shit plastic is something no one wants.

the preplaned actions and psuedo simultaneous activation thing FFG has is pretty cool and could.saved it with a sane movement system.

The game play was fun, even if the movement didn't feel right with the heroes. Where I used to live it showed a lot of promise, but the problem I ran into was that everyone wanted to play the elves, or the weird demon things, so they wanted to wait before buying in, and then it died.

Poor visual identity combined with poor quality miniatures on non-existent IP. How could this not have failed?

Played WHFB for years so jumped on this when it came out. There is actually a healthy scene in my area, strangely enough, for certain definitions of "healthy"...

What went wrong was release. The game soft released 3+ times in waves, which confused everyone. Combine that with the usual FFG delays on top of that and you have people losing interest fast. Power levels are fucked too.

Really sad, the tray and formation system is really interesting.

Is there a single FFG product doing well right now?

xwing

Armada and x-wing

No personality, not enough factions, no support in Europe, too damn expensive

>Runewars has rubbery miniatures who look like a cheap warcraft clone with little to no customization and shitty lore.
So basically AoS rip-off?
But another question, why is there is so many ok-looking skeletons miniatures (Runewars, GW, Mantic), but no elves and orcs?

Skeletons are easy as fuck to do right sine they dont have to worry as much about the faces (since its just a skull, not flesh).

To be fair they have been building on the setting since the 90's. It is just that the game doesn't offer anything that other games don't really do better right now.

>only 4 factions
>FFG tokens and dials
>craptastic plastic

>What is Runewars?
>generic as fuck minis
>expensive for the amount you get, like more than GW

I imagine the rules are just as bad and stupid but i didn't even bother to check.

>they dont have to worry as much about the faces
Closed helmets?

L5R