Did a good homestuck homebrew ever come out...

Did a good homestuck homebrew ever come out? i really liked the idea of sburb and class and titles for players is my jam.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(role-playing_game)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just make up the rules as you go and talk in wildly obnoxious ways

i fucking wish, but time travel is to crucial to the setting and you just can't do that in tabletop.

I was always interested, but my DnD friends aren't interested in Homestuck, and the Homestuck people I know are more interested in too-serious RPing to make a tabletop game.
The setting and ideas behind it are facinating and would be great, but the scale, complexity and shenanigans seems impossible to quantify into tight rules, and improbable to run properly.

A true "sburb" campaign seems impossible. At best, a loose rule-set based around classes and aspects for PC's. Each planet would basically need to be a solo session, with a sandbox rank of 11, and the option to join or leave party members on demand.

The author deserves to be broken on the wheel for the way he ended the comic. Crimes against fiction need to be instated with capital penalties.

I stopped reading when Jade became evil and dead spider girl turned on everyone, what happened?

Ever read the original shaman king manga? Same shit.

Fucked Karkat so hard that the game ended.

Don't look back. You are pure.

Tumblr happened.

Now you've just got me interested.

The long and short of it is Andrew Kickstarted an adventure game without a plan for it or any actual knowledge of game development, and decided to neglect the comic in favor of this fool's errand with the logic that people paid for the game while the comic is accessible at no cost, and therefore everyone cares more about the game than the comic. Things ended very badly for the comic as a result.
I'll spare you the details, but basically, none of the characters had any resolution, their arcs had no closure, the loose ends were ignored, the final updates were outsourced, Andrew didn't even write the last character moments and all dialogue ceased after a certain point...I have to stop, I'm tearing up in anger again.

Damn, I knew that that game was a bad idea. The only good thing to come of it were those cute dragon plushies.

To give him credit, the game we got was pretty good, and that was after the people he got to make the game stole most of his kickstarter money.

Most of what went wrong with homestuck can be traced back to the spent and stress generated from Hussie having to deal with legal shit. Ultimately it's still on the Huss, but it's more understandable

I just wish he'd acknowledge this and apologize for how disappointing and shameful the ending was.

I was hit with such a feeling of "that's it?" that I'm still not convinced it's over

Well the epilogue is confirmed to be in production so hey there’s some left yet

It'll be bad. He has a writing team now and they're all awful people, save for at most maybe dril.

I think it's the other way around. Tumblr happened because of Andrew Hussie

Gods this brings back memories, its as if its 2012-13 all over again, i member the constant homestuck threads

I missed that train, should I began to read this? Does it hold up well?

>can't
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(role-playing_game)

the beginning lol

not unless you are a teenage girl.

>Getting that far
Holy shit you beast of a man.
I stopped reading when I released Andrew caved and began turning the entire thing away from something gamey and fun to an engine for churning out more tumblr-approved shippings and character tropes.
Fuck.

I cannot loathe something more than Homestuck. Fuck it for the candy corn shits ruining every convention for years.

hussie's a beast man, it was his plan