How do your evil overlords treat their employees anons? What incentives people to work for him...

How do your evil overlords treat their employees anons? What incentives people to work for him, and what ensures loyalty among his underlings?

>How do your evil overlords treat their employees anons?
Treat them well, mistakes are tolerated if they prove they can learn.

>What incentives people to work for him
Money, power, hope, depends on the person.

>what ensures loyalty among his underlings
Trust, respect, good selection, and good treatment.

Payment is guaranteed by looting, raping, and burning cities and towns.

Fear ensures loyalty.

merit based employment, its a demanding and cut-throat business- but if you suceed you get lots, if you fail? well, you wont be in a state to care

The orcs and other underlings know that they would be slaughtered if the good guys won. They don't like their evil boss but to them the alternative is worse. At least under his rule they can survive.

Do as I say or die

There's generally 3 ways to go about it. Loyalty via wealth, infighting, or duty.

I tell you what i don't do. I don't seduce them with visions of a utopia then throw a bitch fit in front of them revealing myself to be the power hungry tyrant I am

Depends on their rank, but as a living god and prophet of the Akaran Truths he keeps his distance. Even though has a fatherly touch and likes to teach people about the world, he is terrifying ruthless and is surprsingly sadistic.
>What incentives people to work for him, and what ensures loyalty among his underlings?
If you follow each of his 16.777.216 teaching you will achieve immortality as He did. He is the guardians of their souls and founder of their culture. Act in His name and you will be rewarded, The Day of the Great Eschat is near and He will deliver us.

My evil overlords treat their underlings badly, because, you see, they're evil, and I'm not into this whole "sympathetic bad guy who's not really all that bad" thing. It's overdone, it's lazy, and I'm not doing it.

My bad guy treats his underlings superficially good, but if you look deeper, he is just lying to them and devouring their souls.
I like these kind of villains more, there is nothing worse than a traitor.

It's perfectly possible to be evil while still being pragmatic. Trying to conquer the world isn't exactly feasible when the only people willing to work for your sadistic ass are hobos and lunatics.

>What incentives people to work for him, and what ensures loyalty among his underlings?
Love.

>magical being that is mostly a succubus but special and doesn't know why
>seduce a cleric possessed by a chaos eldritch horror
>suck up all dat sweet energy
>seduce vampires
>form a cult of vampire assassins
>stuff happens, decades later
>pretend to be a priestess
>seduce a very powerful emperor, promise him eternal youth
>make him crazy, seduce everyone around him
>use vampire cultists to strike fear in the heart of the remaining nobles
>marry emperor
>corrupt the dominant religion to make it seem like she's a prophetess/reincarnation of a goddess/etc
>now even the people love her
>an "accident" happens, so now she's alone on the throne
>nobles and/or their kids were turned into vampires so now they do her bidding not to be found out
>nobody would believe them since they all love their divine empress

Another villain of the same scale is a very old, and very powerful dwarf. He actually foresaw that the succubus would unleash a great calamity upon a great part of the continent, so he got mages and wizards to work relentlessly to fabricate an army of huge golems. These golems are immune to the succubus' magic so he basically is seen as a saviour and a lot of people join him of their own volition.

They control both the finance systems and media and use these apparatuses to destroy anyone who opposes them economically and slander them. Additionally, they have positioned themselves as advisors to government officials (many of whom may even be rivals) to have the nation unwittingly support their nefarious plots. It's the perfect hands off approach and they can feign innocence and even victimhood in their audacity of any of the common men attempt to speak out against it.

Don't have to treat your employees kindly if they're all zombies.

dental plan

Most of the bad guys are along racial lines right now. So there is family/tribal loyalty factors.

Health, dental, pension (none of this 401k match bullshit), and most importantly, education funding in related fields: law, engineering, most hard sciences, finance, and specialized off-site training courses approval from hr. Better minions makes for better evil

>Evil, body hopping, living virus wizard
>needing minions
See, it's shit like this.

Ya fink i kant keep ma gits ‘n line? dey know I'z ‘da best warboss ‘n ‘da whole world! WAAAGH!

Like this user.

They're all his kids and every time they die they reincarnate into a different monster based on how he judges them. If they leave they cease to reincarnate. They think they're being granted immortality when really they're trapped in the cycle of Samsara. Leaving him and finding their own spirituality will lead them to the true afterlife.

Similar to this

That's pretty good.

Well, generally, but they can play them against each other to ensure their own power, and we all know how that turns out.

As for incentives, it turns out doing bad shit with little regard for anyone else is pretty nice, and it pays well too.

He treats them however he likes. If they don't like it he pays them more. If they get restless he gives them drugs. If they question his plans he lies to them. This method goes both for employees and the BBEG himself. Luxury, intoxication and concentrated self-delusion are his fuels now.

It's not a method for long term success but he's not a long term kind of guy. His operation will fail eventually and when it does it will take the world with it.

My evil overlord isn't so evil, just wants an annual genocide of hundred or so thousand innocents, preferably in a manageable time period.
Pretty swell chap otherwise.

I remember having good times with that game, I am thinking about running a game based around it in some way, I always liked the idea of having a little army that pillaged and looted in your name.

It doesn't matter what board, when this subject broaches I always check for this image and I have not yet been disappointed

He's powerful enough to kill just about anyone or anything, but he can't be everywhere at once and would rather be sipping Chianti and being told how awesome he is rather than personally going out and murdering entire cities. His conquered slaves can either serve him, or they and their entire family and their little dog too can be converted into a thin red mist. Their choice.

I was going to post that. Thank you.

what's the source on this anyway?

By a thousand years of servitude and careful manipulation of their genetic composition, and keeping close tabs on the social classes you created, as to know who fucked them and keeping your rule, while incredibly harsh, fair, and protecting humanity from the cosmic force of destruction.

Dancouga. A mecha anime from the 80s which was overall kind of meh but had a lot of moments that really made it stand out as good.

There was also Dancouga Nova from 2007 which was, also not great but had some neat things. It's also a lot shorter so it's less of a slog.

Lastly there was Dancouga burn pictured above given the thumbs up. It's two volumes and completely shit house crazy.

None of the series are directly related.

Philosophically, like they were their children.
Practically, like some sort of second class citizens

>What incentives people to work for them
The promise of power, ascension into a better self and protection.

>and what ensures loyalty among his underlings?
The belief that the servitude of other is worse than theirs which is sometimes true

>saves a bunch of peasants
>murders death cultist and his murderhobo friend
Op said EVIL user

My current 'evil' overlord my group are trying to take down
> He is a fair and just ruler
> People work for fair wages
> They are loyal due to love for their king
The actual evil overlord:
> Treats my group like honored champions
> Showers them with gifts, gold, and powerful artefacts
> They are loyal because he's a manipulative asshole (kinda like littlefinger, but with illusion magic) who has convinced them the king is evil.
There have been a few hints, but nobody has caught on yet because he seems like a good guy. When they finally face the king he'll try to bribe them, but even if they accept they won't know the truth until the guy who hired them betrays them, whether they let the king live or not
Sorry if unreadable, drunk

Very well unless they betray him, in which case he makes a horrifying example of them.

Hank Scorpio