Name me a single reason why your game doesn't feature an adventuring guild

Name me a single reason why your game doesn't feature an adventuring guild.

name a single reason why you feel the need to make these threads every single day

Because of the replies, user. Always the replies.

It's an urban fantasy, we already found everything worth adventuring about and guilds are absurdly outdated.

Because there's a few autists super upset about the idea, and enough threads might actually drive some of them to either not getting so upset, or suicide. Either way, win-win.

name a single reason why this isn't a dubs thread now

So, OP has a thread limit, and once he reaches it, he kills himself? I can live with that.

Because adventuring isn't a profession.

Because you two dumb retards are incapable of getting dubs even if an adventurer's guild hired you to get some.

Or they validate one's refutation each and every time.

Can't think of any

Because the party currently has an ocean between them and the nearest signs of civilization?

I'm not confident guilds had been invented by the bronze age in Europe or the Middle East, and that's the time period and area my setting roughly corresponds to.

They kind of fucked up over the course of the years, to the point were being an adventurer is seen as bad and lame. Groups of mostly mercs are bound to fail , and after a lot of shady deals and that one time a party screwed up and got an entire kingdom killed, guilds became a thing of the past and the subject of tales and urban myths.
Now the players seek to make the guilds return, even if that means defying the local authority and killing some politicians.

Guilds and unions have no power in the grim corporatism of the late 21st century

You don't want to run into the Mirai, or other rogue superweapons.

primarily because they serve no purpose for the post apocalyptic society and its city states. However institutions like the German Knighthoods that venture into the Black Zones to fight whatever undead abominations remain or mercenary companies fulfill a similar function.

They might, but they're not the focus of the campaign.

You'd have to do it once before you can claim to do it every time. So far, you've only managed to make a mockery out of yourself.

The fact that you even want to present it as a controversial topic is laughable.

They are part of the newly formed 5th crusade, after surviving the destruction of the city Kenabres they were tasked by the immortal Queen to lead 100 Paladins to the Citadel Drezen built by Dwarves from the 1st crusade 200 years ago to retake from the Demonic menace and to save the banner "Sword of Valor" from corruption into a dangerous new weapon

Because an interesting and purposeful journey makes a better story than a bunch of routine tasks done for money.

adventuring is too generalized a term. most guilds practiced a single highly specialized trade. that's... that's why guilds exist.