You know what? Let's just have a Primarch thread. No "Leave Horus to me" bullshit...

You know what? Let's just have a Primarch thread. No "Leave Horus to me" bullshit. Just tell us who your favorites are and why.

For me, it's the more tragic ones I can feel for like Magnus, Lorgar, and Angron. But I also love Vulkan for being a all around great guy.

bump

Angry did nothing wrong.

Has it ever been explained what all those fucking wires in Horus' helmet are? Or are they just handwaved as crazy future tech shenanigans?

They're full of CHAOS JUICE.

Angron: most interesting Primarch.

Ridiculous name aside, he’s the Primarch most fucked from the moment he leaves his pod. Brain damage in the crash, brain damage in the Nails, brain damage in the psychological trauma coming from a life of “KILL KILL KILL” when he was in the pits.

Then all that compounded by the rebellion, the final stand with his army, the abduction by the Emperor.

He’s effectively a drug-addict (addicted to rageahol) given an army of enablers (the World Eaters). Every minute is torture. He can’t concentrate on anything. He hates his Legion, his fellow Primarchs and himself. He wishes he was dead. The only thing that gives him the semblance of relief is murder, and he’s always so, so close to getting it, but it always slips away.

The astonishing thing about Angron is that he held it together for as long as he did.

Pro-Turbo; I feel like I can relate to his struggle and bitterness. He may be good, but he will never achieve the greatness of his brothers, and he all he does achieve will rarely be acknowlged.

I also love siege-warfare and metallic paint schemes.

Guilliman.

He is (for better or worse) the most "human" of the primarchs and I love the interactions between his very human personality and his completely inhuman primarch physiology.

Despite being a literal superhuman demi-god, he still views himself a "human"

He is also quite a tragic figure, as he as seen the Imperium at its very best and now has to see it at its very worst.

I like how, both in universe and out, he is a deeper character than most people take at face value.

>exert from unremembered empire.

For an irrational moment, Roboute Guilliman willed Dantioch to fail in his efforts to re-tune the Pharos, and wished never to return. A part of him knew that he could live out his days on Sotha in utter contentment, barebacked and tanned in the sunlight, careless, mowing the grasses with his scythe, season in and season out.
It was just a dream. Such simple, pastoral destinies did not lie in store for beings like Roboute Guilliman. Fate held, for him, a future of duty and responsibility, very different from that which might await an honest agri-worker. No common farmer would play a role in the final battle against Horus.

Ferrus Manus

He's as boring as the metal he's named after, but the fact he was cloned an untold number of times and not a single one of them would betray the Emperor just strikes a chord with me.

and people will still defend rowboat as being "right" in his verbal smackdown. Lucky landing daddies boy has no fucking clue what angron is and he would not survive a week under the nails.

Pert is an odd one. I like him, like his legion and ideas but the character IS a little bit of a retard. He broke because like dorn he is more duty then man, and its the man that festered. He could have stopped, could have rotated out but chose to stay..and unlike ol dorn he's not dense enough to ignore the effect on his soul.

Lorgar is another in that boat. Fuck me if he's not a bit of a weakling. He trusts far too easily and too completely so erebus and kor whatsit got their claws in deep. That said I will never accept the common belief that he was desperate for a replacement faith- Lorgar just wanted to know, once and for all if big daddy E was full of shit or not.

ironic that it took a book about fulgrim to make me see Ferrus in a slightly new light. I'm not sure why exactly he is such a raging manlet most of the time, but I've seen him smile and laugh and love

Angron for me too, for much of the reasons you mentioned.

He just doesn't fit into the universe he finds himself in, and that's interesting.

I like Rogal Dorn. He has a sense of duty that the others simply don't in my opinion. Everyone else has motivations, Dorn's motivation is because it needs to be done and he is qualified for the job.

I can respect a character like that.

Plus the themes of guilt found in the legion after the heresy really tug on my heart strings.

Sanguinius. He was the only fluffyboi I truly cared about. He's the only one who's death I mourned. He tried so hard to protect his dad and just got fucking slaughtered by his closest brother. I feel like he's tragic as hell. especially since I can't stand any of his chapters

>I've seen him smile and laugh and love

Really?

The kind of 'no homo' love? I just thought him being gay for Fulgrim was a meme.

Russ, because laughing at retards is fun.

Wait what

Mirrors must have provided hours of entertainment.

Text-to-speech was my first contact with any interpretation of Dorn. After than I cannot see him as anything else but what he was in that fucking series.

triggered russfag detected

It's basically how cannon Dorn acts.

Leave Horus to me

Wrong as usual faggot. Garvial Loken says Leman Russ is the most human and hes met damn near every Primarch in his time. Read Vengeful Spirit

Did you even read the OP? Furry fuck.

It beams the Chaos directly into his head.

TTS does such a great job taking the piss out of the clusterfuck that 40k lore has evolved into.

I wouldn't trust Loken to judge anyone's character. How many times did he get fucked over by people he trusted?

mind impulse unit

he's running a saucy puppet show on the side in case his main gig doesn't work out

I unironically like Russ the best because I love me the viking aesthetic in 30k but hate the wolfwolfwolf shit of 40k. Also melee combat and being The Emperor's executioner even if it isnt his favorite thing

Second goes to Sanguinius because he is bestboy.

Third goes to Vulkan for generallyniceguy-dom and fire or magnus because he is a tragic character defined by his mistakes and failings despite good intentions.

Worst is Angron despite my love of melee combat and the world eaters having the best 30k color scheme. "im mad at my dad and i hate these things in my head so im going to make all my sons suffer just like i do". he was an asshole and couldnt do anything but think about himself and his eternal mope and missing the bigger picture (that being said emps shouldve teleported and helped him win instead of letting his friends die)

Damn, gonna need a magos biologis to help you with that burn.

I think my fav would be Vulkan. He just seems the most humane and the one primarch I could see having meaningful relationships with other people.

>Second goes to Sanguinius because he is bestboy.

I'm not going to lie, anytime someone brings up Sanguinius now I cant stop thinking about all those super sexual SanguiniusXHorus threads we had. Veeky Forums has changed me.

>especially since I can't stand any of his chapters
>disliking the Lamenters
what the fuck user

my favorite boys are the iron ones.

It's not like Angron could help it. Like, at all. Imagine being angry and in horrible pain all the time and the only way to relieve this anger and pain was to kill people. If you don't do this, you will always be angry and in pain. Always angry. Always hurting.

but the difference is "i must kill to not be in pain/angry" and "i should make all my sons suffer because i suffer and it wont help me in any way"

I like Perty, bitter cunt that he is.

Primarch power armor tended to be older and more ornate. Perturabo/Ferrus/Angron all had tons of wires in their heads too

I play Minotaurs.

Traitor Primarchs > Loyalist Primarchs

Their stories have more depth, they have reasons for their fall and eventually their servitude to their patron gods, usually unwilling.

Loyal Primarch are all pretty much "muh loyality" with different levels of autism and anger.

Ferrus Manus knew what was up. He knew that the Crusade was the Primarchs and Space Marines digging their own graves, and he would gladly have laid down in them.

>"Rest? We were not made to rest; we go on, unflinching, unstoppable, unending in our strength. The Emperor did not make us for such mortal concerns as hearth and home, vanity or contemplation; we are his engines of war, his hammers, beating out the fabric of existence into a vessel fit for Mankind to inhabit."

Also, fuck his official art/model.

Angron did nothing wrong. Poor soul.
Should have died with his army before his abduction.

One thing I find interesting about Angron is that he, of all the primarchs save perhaps Curze (who still seemed to have more connection with his legion, though they had much less with him) he was alone in utterly hating his legion, while they basically worshipped him.

It makes sense that he hated his "sons", given that he was forced into being what he hated (a conqueror and an enslaver) for the Emperor - he was forced to kill and threaten people who were, basically, just doing what he'd done on Nuceria.

I mean, he wanted to die (well, be killed, I don't know that Primarchs can physically be suicidal) anyway, because the Nails sucked ass, but he was then forced to be the thing he hated most for the man who had staved off his release from the pain and the blood.
No wonder he was angry.

well, obviously

Primarchs can be suicidal, just look at Curze. Thing is, they are autistic demigods of war, and their motives and actions are hard to understand for a fairly normally developed adult human.

Oh yeah, I forgot that's how he went out.
Still, Angron was more of a fighter.

Agreed, Angron is my favorite by far. Many people say he just uses the nails as an excuse, not knowing exactly how much impact they have on him. The Master of Mankind book sheds a bit of light on this. His limbic system was cut out, being replaced by the Nails implant. Its one thing to say "the nails rewrote his brain" and another thing entirely to know exactly how.

The story of Angron is the story of Spartacus gone wrong and dialed up to eleven.

Konrad Curz for beeing the autistic batman of 40k that I wish I could be.

>they have reasons for their fall
What was Alpharius's already?

Omegon is my favorite primarch, too.

I know that he gets a lot of shit for being a ladyboy Slaanesh worshipper and all, but is Fulgrim the best single combatant of the Primarchs? He dumpstered Guilliman and Ferrus.

Other than maybe Horus and sanguinious, fulgrim is the best

Only after being possessed by the sword demon though no?

Angron is Moloch from Paradise Lost and Tydeus from the Thebaid. He knows he's lost all he cares about but can't accept continuing on without it -- he can never submit even to himself -- so his only impulse is to batter and mutilate what he blames for the loss.

I've always liked the idea behind the Alpha Legion. Winning battles with little nudges, like making sure the enemies supplies run late enough to miss a deadline. Making sure the opponent runs out of coffee a few days early, then tainting the supply of stimulants, so maybe the enemy can't see as far. Start a fire on the opposite side of a base they're assaulting, or even using the smoke as a one-time cover to get close enough to steal their socks.

By far the most entertaining legion to read fluff about.

Kinda similar to Perturabo, he constantly struggled to prove his Legion's worth but was considered dishonorable. Only Horus valued Alpha Legion.

That's still Alpharius thou, so info is scarse.

bump

Was what Angron wanted to be a liberator?

And Angron, Lion and Russ.
Oh and Khan is pretty sure he could beat Fulgrim, and Khan doesn't strike me as the type to talk shit without being certain he's not gonna get hit.
Oh and I recall reading that Emps once staged a Primarch wrestling contest and Vulkan won with Corax second.
And then you have to account for Magnus and Lorgar's psychic bullshit...

>Leave Angron to me

Gay for fulgrim, yeah nah but we see him value his brother, see him value his legion. They where close as primarchs go. Ferrus helped to keep Fulgrim grounded and his blunt friendship was the check against arrogance

Wrong again fucko. Betrayer breaks this down. Angron the broken primarch could never force an entire legion to accept the nails, but the world eaters? They saw how ruined he was, the gulf of pain that separated them from their lord.

The world eaters didn't accept the nails because angron ordered it. They did it to try and connect with the ball of agony induced rage that was meant to be their everything