What are the coolest transformation abilities? Naruto stuff is the basic cookie cutter stuff...

What are the coolest transformation abilities? Naruto stuff is the basic cookie cutter stuff. I'm running a campaign where people can transform. What are some of the more particularly dangerous ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NXd_Kf4FVpg
youtu.be/vCsu1CueLgo?t=50s
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ8IEynj738
youtube.com/watch?v=-zQ8KpzLPL8
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
youtube.com/watch?v=K5FeKFKLvwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To me, the coolest transformation is the traditional "henshin," in which a seemingly normal person suddenly dons a powerful suit which bestows various powers and/or weapons; preferably appearing after a cool pose or short dance, and maybe including some background explosions.

Lighting on fire is pretty cool.

>What are the coolest transformation abilities?
You know that anime character whose eyes are always closed?
The ultimate transformation is when he opens them.

>possible furfag warning
I actually find lycanthropy to be the end point for rad transformations. Turning into a fuckhueg monster bear/wolf is always a good way to go. On the other hand wow has a good example with Ascendance, surrendering your flesh to become an empowered being of x element

Try the one where you transform into a not 13 year old furfag weeb shitter

I like lycanthropy, but I've always liked it more when the alternate form is suitably horrific. Birkin in RE2 is a good example of it. With each transformation he gets progressively more predatory looking, until his final form where he suddenly transforms all of that sleekness to raw mass. It really makes you wonder what would happen if you didn't kill him then and he kept growing.

That said, my favorite transformations are always the subtle ones, like someone shifting underneath the skin to be revealed mid-fight. You get shot in the face and then stand back up to show gleaming metal under the skin, or writing teeth and flesh.

I like subtle transformations.

Like Guts from Berserk getting his white hair streak or Luke turning into Bigger Luke in Star Wars.

Speaking of Berserk I like the Berserker Armor as a transformation. Armor that activates and locks down nerves is pretty cool.

>Bigger Luke

No.

Kekkai Sensen actually does that kinda.

>AWAKE! JUSTICE GUN MORPHING

I feel like that entire show was written around that one joke.

>"NO NO NO, BUT WHEN HE D.O.E.S OPEN HIS EYES, HE CAN SEE FOREVER!!!"

I'm a big fan of horrifying transformation, ones that are likely painful or likely to drive them insane.

I like stuff where the MC's body is gradually destroyed in the transformation. Like how Gut's armor pierces through him to hold the bones in place.

Woman to cute monster girl.

The MC in One Piece is known to be shortening his own life span by using his abilities the way he does. Naturally it won't kick in until the end of the series, but it was mentioned years back.

Are there any TRPGs who gives that feel? The Bloodborne "gaining power/knowledge in exchange for sanity" feel? CoC doesn't quite cut it as it's you versus the eldritch.

Watched this just yesterday.

I think Werewolf the Apocalypse handles shapeshifting well. On the surface it's just as the game's title suggests -- normal werewolf stuff -- but holy fuck are the werewolves tough. My favorite part about it though is the Delirium that accompanies Crinos form which, for those unfamiliar with the setting, automatically sends all normal nearby humans into batshit fight-or-flight insanity as their genetic memory of being culled en masse by freaky 400 pound yifflord killing machines kicks in and they realize the rampaging beast before them is an absolute monster.

In my setting, beastfolk religion allows them to transform into great beast forms when certain conditions are met (think werewolves but for everyone).

Dragon sorcerers can learn how to shapeshift. Taking the forms of others (cats, humans, etc.) is safer, as just shapeshifting parts of themselves can wear on the mind and lead to a mindless Uber-Dragon rampage.

There’s alsodemonic possession that slowly changes the body according based on how corrupted they’ve been. Most of it is subtle and can be hid for the longest time, until the transformation is complete, at which point they likely have illusion spells to keep hiding it.

I like Demon: The Descent way of handling it. Going loud is amazing. One moment you got your human meat suit on and the next moment you are an eldritch horror capable of taking on anything. The problem though is that you just alerted every angel on the planet to your location and they are coming.

>"gaining power/knowledge in exchange for sanity"
That is literally the mechanic in CoC.

I love transformations induced by items such as masks
youtube.com/watch?v=NXd_Kf4FVpg

or potions
youtu.be/vCsu1CueLgo?t=50s

or injections
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ8IEynj738

or just shedding your fucking skin
youtube.com/watch?v=-zQ8KpzLPL8

I'm a fan of the ones where it's extremely painful to the person transforming. Hibiki first transformation in symphogear was good though QUALITY filled. Like they actually showed her body changing and mutating for it to happen. Everything else a bit less important for the topic, but transformations like that are my love

Werewolves a best.

>The Bloodborne "gaining power/knowledge in exchange for sanity" feel
>The Bloodborne feel
Isn't most of CoC going against cults and eldritch, trying not to lose your sanity in the process, like the eldritch knowledge is a bad thing? I'm seeking the feeling of becoming monstrous/eldritch/ascending myself with less regard to my own humanity. Bloodborne created that itch with its "true" ending that I haven't found any other way to scratch, except a few movies.

I've always loved how Unknown Armies does werewolves and lycanthropes in general, where it's basically a horrific glitch in the universe that causes all kinds of gamebreaking bug shenanigans.

It's what you get when a human gets possessed by a demon (obsessive human spirit) and an animal spirit at the same time. When the human is dominant, they're normal and don't remember anything because repression. When the demon is dominant, it uses the human's body to do whatever it's obsession is. But when the animal's soul is dominant, reality sees the thing there and says "okay, that's an animal soul, so that's an animal." and so they become an animal, and always were and animal. Reality actively rewrites to make them an animal.

The real fun happens when they change back, because then they're no longer an animal, so reality has to active-rewrite them into being a human again. Only where you had seen a wolf eating some carrion on the side of the road, now you remember a human eating carrion on the side of the road. It's a giant, glitchy mess that I love.

Multiple Arms, halos, and other Divine stuff is always cool.
Also, I kinda wish more things had Abrahamic Eldritch Angel transformation stuff. I wanna turn into mess of wheels, eyes, and fire!

Yes, losing enough of your mind to become converted to the service of horrors and the character becoming unplayable is represented.

>Naruto is cookie cutter stuff
Where have you been?

Way too deep into the world of manga and anime.

>Naruto stuff is the basic cookie cutter stuff
The fuck?
Maybe on /a/ or some shit but here on Veeky Forums, D&D to warhammer to Net runner doesn't have anything like that. Even if Naruto is old hat.

You may be too jaded to take any advise OP. Or worse yet you might think some truly dated suggestions are new.

I like Abomination but I don't get to use him much because you're not allowed to use him with most of my other favorite classes for religious reasons.

Why do I feel despair and that someone's baby died.

Cu Chulainn's Warp Spasm/Riastrad is pretty wicked. I love horrific transformations that contort the body in seemingly impossible ways.

OP here. Veeky Forums is my home board. Naruto, at this point is pretty much what people use for the basis of a lot of things. DBZ is the same way. You may not like it, but Naruto came out 15 years ago. Most of it's stuff has been extrapolated to hell and back. It has become the new norm.

I know, I love the religious classes too but Abo actually pushed me to learn how to use the other classes who also great.
Occ/Arba + GR/PD/Jester + BH/MAA/HWM/normal Abo + Helion/MAA/monster Abo is great, you should try it.
It's another way to play since your heals are less certain, but you have more damage output and pretty cool synergy between the classes. Try it with low level classes, get the hang of it in low stake dungeons and work your way up. It's worth it.

Tell us more about your game. Anything important about the setting/players could help.

It's Not!WW1 Germany and 1 in every 31,000 people is a psychic. These psychics, when in a stressful situation, go full werewolf/something more dangerous. The guy in the first session covered everyone in a shadow like substance that effectively made them into the shades from Ajin, but slower and stupider. It also killed them. He did this to his entire apartment complex of 10 floors. The party is Not!NSA psychics who deal with matters of the state. I just need more cool NPC's for them to fight.

>Tfw I had a similar idea for a campaign
Bad Science is your friend. The second you want to use a new transformation concept or a PC wants a new gimmick just inject some magical science into them that somewhat pertains to power they're getting.
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
This will come in handy.

>Hmm... should I start watching all of Naruto? There's an absolute shit ton of it, but I did like watching it several years ago and I've heard people say it's actually pretty decent.

>Naruto
>pretty decent

Opinion inbound; prepare the salt.

I felt like it was pretty decent up until the end of the Zabuza arc, then it took a slight turn for the worse, like navigating a single degree off-course- not so bad at first, but a hundred miles later, you're nowhere near where you wanted to be.

After that first arc Naruto started going full spectacle: bigger, flashier moves, bigger, badder big-bads and the traditional "power level" creep that comes with them, plot twists that don't quite work because they never had the up-front establishment that good plot twists need to be meaningful, and overall a preference for in-universe variety over internal consistency, like the author was trying to cram as many things he thought were cool into the series as he possibly could.

Maybe that's your thing, I dunno. Didn't do it for me, though.

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Ah a nostalgic pasta dish.

My sentiments exactly. My biggest gripe with naruto in the end I think is that as much as it's spiraled into a mess, I still like it's setting and a good portion of it's characters, which really says something for Kishimoto's talent. He managed to create a good cast and a fun setting, but the story started to feel like he had no idea where it was going and was desperately throwing in events in an effort to buy time to think up new characters to buy time with. It got into a vicious cycle where nothing felt like it mattered. I think this is why I keep wanting to run games of it. I want to try and take this trove of fun ideas and do it justice in the way that got me into it in the first place.

I will still applaud the anime team's direction for Orochimaru's soundtrack though. That shit was so good. Pipe Organs in ninjaland are the shit.youtube.com/watch?v=K5FeKFKLvwA

Unfortunately that is the fate of shounen mangas I feel. I would love to see Mangaka's like the creator of Naruto and Bleach not constrained by a company telling them what to do but hey, they have to eat to I guess

Bach deserves most of the credit for Orochimaru's theme, I think. Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is pretty sick.

>spiraled into a mess

I see what you did there.

Well his shit is literally just Bach with ninja sounds over it.