Chaos is, bar none, the worst part of 40k. Particularly nuChaos...

Chaos is, bar none, the worst part of 40k. Particularly nuChaos, which is the kid on the playground who keeps pulling shit out of his ass and screaming "NUH UH I WIN I HAVE INFINITY+INFINITY BULLETS SO YOU DIED BEFORE THIS EVEN STARTED" whenever someone tries to go against him, except in this case he has official authorial support.

40k would be a much more interesting and compelling universe without it and it's "ackshully demons won the whole time swetty. Chaos is everywhere and eternal so you lose :)" bullshit

>nu_____

>i'm going to make a vague argumentative thread and include dumb /pol/ buzzwords and all-caps screaming just to make sure nobody takes me seriously

why are you like this

These aren't answers

You didn't ask a question.

Chaos is like 33% of the entire Warhammer Lore, it an essential part of the setting, the worst part of 40k is in my opinion is the de-mythification of large parts of the lore, also Primaris Marines.

The remaining percentage doesn't matter thanks to what chaos has become. Every other faction is destined to lose, chaos has no weaknesses and is everywhere at every point in time, and it's been stated repeatedly that the Chaos gods are basically omnipotent.

Yes we all know this is true.

And Daemons never lie...

40k just needs more wank of the other factions and a reintroduction of myths or millions of new fluff seeds.

Id love to see the chaos gods have competition from dozens of other pantheons and godlike powers along with supremely powerful machine entities and relic-races.

Just add more balance and give 40k a lot more flavor to all factions (and add a few more non human ones) and we good again.

>Chaos is, bar none, the worst part of 40k.
In other news water is wet

Chaos provides an easy way for the G-dubs to wipe the world clean and launch an entirely new line of expensive sets for you to buy.

I always figured they more or less represented civilization's eventual collapse. An eternal pressure exerted onto the world under the umbrella term 'Chaos'.

I wouldn't mind that. The main problems with Chaos wank is that no one else has that sort of bullshit lore-power going on, and that it tends to get treated by some authors as absolute truth rather than faction propaganda.

Chaos is basically the Beast: the Primordial of 40k. It jams its way into other faction's lore and says "no actually we did that part of your history", it's thematically inconsistent and isn't really what it was laid out as, and it's constantly wanked by a few writers as being super important and powerful despite jobbing constantly (which of course was their plan "all along")

>chaos
>the worst part of 40k

But it's not space marines.

Wait, I take that back. It's not the Imperium of Man (bloody wankpile).

They haven't changed anything significant about Chaos in the last two decades. The few changes I can think of have nothing to do with what you are talking about. Those changes are cutting almost all of Undivided and allowing multi-god Daemon armies.

In terms of being an unrelenting and inevitable galactic doom, it's always been that way and you are simply imagining something else.

I'd say go and read the previous codices, but I'm sure you'd mistake your own bias towards the previous ones for a substantial difference in the lore.

If anything, they've made the Emperor stronger by making it full canon that Celestine returns from the dead.

They changed everyone else's lore to circlejerk around Chaos.

In what way?

I thought both the orks and tyrnids were entirely unaffected by chaos. With the nids being some weird outside invaders and the orks basically being the universe's white blood cells.

I'll admit most my 40k knowledge is only from glancing over threads on Veeky Forums.

Nids running from Chaos
Primarchs built by Chaos
Crons afraid of and helpless against Chaos

All of those are fan theories with just as much contradicting them as supporting them, if not more.

It's never been canon that Tyranids are running from Chaos. The latest thing about Nids and Chaos thing we've seen is the Hive Mind evolving Hive Fleet Kronos to eat Daemon Worlds, and the fact that they weren't already evolved to fight daemons suggests that Chaos isn't their biggest enemy.

I don't even know what you're referring to with the Necrons one, but they change Necrons so fucking often I hardly see why it matters. If you want to see a real example of GW pulling shit out it's ass to fit a faction into everyone elses lore, read the Oldcron C'Tan stuff.

The Primarch thing is irrelevant because Primarchs and the Horus Heresy is Chaos business anyway. You might as well complain that Blood Thirsters are too Chaos.