Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1973: The Deb of Night Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZF1Skmw2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hi Deb

Deb?

Question about hell lord from marvel magic, can we import warehouse add ons as our hell dimension?

It's a reference to VTM:Bloodlines. Deb of Night is a radio program in-game. One of the callers just keeps saying "hi deb"

Use it to mix in with the Dimension Lord perk from DC Occult. Then use Base of Operations from Warframe to mix other attachments into it.

Bam.

What kind of power level is Anankos at full strength?

Does this imply there is a Deb of Day?

Oh, please tell me that one of the vampires eats him.

They do not. But the main Sabbat villain calls the show at one point and threatens everyone. There is also a conspiracy theorist who calls the show multiple times over the game, most of his theories are batshit insane. But at the very end of the game he guesses the truth about Vampires and all that.

To the two people at the end of last thread - canon companion option was always a thing in this jump and the most recent MCU 1 is already in uploads.

Changelog for this:

Intro text was made a fair bit longer and more descriptive.

Disciplines widely altered to seem less game mechanicy. Most I've tried to keep in the spirit of how it works in the game (as in some cases like Animalism's raven summoning they're kind of funny) but some (namely Presence) are so generic in the game that I basically just used the table-top rules. There's also a note about how you can purchase disciplines as their tabletop equivalent as they fit the lore better.

Some text added here and there to some of the items, in a lot of cases to justify the CP cost.

Guns now come with infinite ammo.

Leather option now provides an infinite amount of leather goods instead of just one outfit.

Apartment, Haunted Hotel, Nightclub and Chinatown items added.

Gradients added to many a box. Couple of pictures added where there were spaces.

Canon companion option is now a larger companion option that still has the canon stuff but also has companion imports and creation.

Antitribu drawback added to allow for other clans for people who can be bothered to look at a VtM sourcebook or know the setting. Basically added this as while I avoided doing so when I first made this I imagined we'd have a proper VtM jump by now so this acts as a kind of placeholder.

That's probably not it but I can't remember anything else at the minute. Let me know if any problems come up with this as they might as I changed quite a lot of stuff.

>remember any perks that make you immune to radiation?
Oh, I know this one. Alexandria Package from Worm. The universal imposition of the Manton Effect specifically prevents stuff like radiation effecting your insides.

As payment for this consultation, please send a Swords & Sorcery scenario update for one of the default locations to a Jumpchain Thread near you.

>There is also a conspiracy theorist who calls the show multiple times over the game, most of his theories are batshit insane

Cool beans. I'll redo my build in a bit. Just wanna finish reading something.

To be fair Red. He talks about the "Nazi moon base" as like his first thing.

>And if there's a better word for it, let me know.
"You are trying to talk about in-universe things with out-of-universe reasoning"

>He talks about the "Nazi moon base" as like his first thing

...the formatting seems to have messed up at the beginning. The text on the first page after the logo is basically a word jumble for me.

Do Ghouls have any ability to use Disciplines?

>implying you've never inflated yourself into a moon to trick the rat people space program

....Fuck, that's a good point.

Ghouls can, if I remember my VTM correctly, use Potence. They MIGHT be able to use Fortitude or Celerity, but I'm not certain.

Looks okay to me, anyone else having an issue?

Yeah but they can only get one dot in each given your generation. They can only learn what you know and Celerity, Fortitude, and Potence.

What are some things you could do with Dog Days Miracles from FGO besides true resurrection?

Figured I should attach an image of what it looks like.

Shows up for me when I open it in Firefox, but looks fine when I open it in Adobe.

I don't have enough shapeshifting to turn into the moon, I have to use an elaborate sound stage to trick them.

Turn the general environment around you into one similar to that of the Moon Cell. Recreate the conditions of the Underworld on a conceptual level, allowing the normally immortal to die. Bring to life famous stories and urban legends into independant beings, and utilise them into a living narrative that potentially threatens to overwrite reality with fantasy. Transform into a fluffy tailed sun goddess with a higher powerlevel than Velber 02's strongest form.

It all depends on how much mana you have. The examples I'm giving were those by people with EX rank mana, but not that perk.

Might be your browser. Just checked in Firefox and it does that for some reason, couldn't tell you while.

Formatting is fine in Chrome and Internet Explorer, should be fine if downloaded and hopefully it'll open alright when on the drive.

why*

>Yeah but they can only get one dot in each given your generation.
What jumper shenanigans can you use to lower your generation (or just start at a lower generation) without having to find low generation vampires to diabalerize? Or get rid of the downsides of diabilarie normally?

This Power is Jumpers or perks allowing you to use souls (Hellsing or Ghost Rider?) could get rid of any lingering influence from the soul maybe

Would Ultimate Being make you start as a low gen vampire?

We know the Assassin vampire clan can collect blood to lower generation without diabalarie. And there are some perks for duplicating natural resources. Would vampire blood count as a natural resource? Synthesize some artificial Methuselah essence to lower your generation?

Depends on what you define as good, and what you're looking for in a companion. In the most broad sense I'd suggest Oshino Meme (family name then personal name in that order) given he serves as a balancer and middle man who doesn't stay in one place very long. He's a bro and good mentor who pushes you into doing it yourself than any hand holding. Advice guy. Any other suggestions means you have to work with me here and give me more to go on.

What is the most current version of the imaged MCU jump?

I'd be easier to answer that question if I knew what and where this Akanos is?

The one in uploads. The last thing I did to it was change "Hydra Blueprings" into "Hydra Blueprints" IIRC.

Vampire the Masqurade:Bloodlines Universe-
0/1500
Rolled for 25
Drop-In
Free Blood Buff
Free Auspex 1, buy Auspex 3
Free Fortitude 1, buy Fortitude 3
Free Mortis 1, buy Mortis 5 (Mortis is the Cappadocian clan discipline, Cats told me to get theoretical levels in it)
Potence 1
Celerity 1
Protean 1
Free Blood Bond
Free Embrace
Free Lock-picking
Discount Inspection
Free Ghoul
Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade
Owned Apartment
Night Club

Antitribu+0- Cappadocian. Why? Because fuck you, they are my favorite clan.
Gehenna+300
To Be Continued+200

Question Heavens does the strength of a consumed creature increase the benefit absorbing someone as a bioandroid provides

That one got deleted. You might need to post it here.

>The one in uploads.
That's what I thought. Some idiot/troll removed it from the uploads folder. It was G3, right?
The 4plebs archived version is G2, and Red didn't have the most recent version when I asked her.

In the same vein do we get Zenkai boosts even if we cant die as long as we sustain tons of damage. Specifically asking like if I got the Zombie perk from Seven Deadly Sins.

Oh and does being absorbed by Majin Buu or Cell count as death since Android 18 wasnt dead inside cell and ditto for Gohan, Piccolo, Goten and Trunks

Probably. Ki/Energy has a lot to do with both physical and spiritual strength. So being able to drink down something with a lot of that will probably provide a bigger boost than, say, just a town full of people in a modern city.

Really weird as I can still see it in uploads. Here it is, anyway.

Any chance of the Sabbat clans?

Can we advance our abilities beyond what we buy, if so how, and what is the incentive to buy instead of learn/train/etc?

Oh this had a part two

In order: Probably, and also probably yes. Though I was considering letting you conditionally die once in DBZ as long as you were revived - though dying/being absorbed after the first time would be game over without 1ups or whatnot.

Actually, you know what? Fuck it. Quick modification

Vampire the Masqurade:Bloodlines Universe-
0/1500
Rolled for 25
Drop-In
Free Blood Buff
Free Auspex 1, buy Auspex 3
Free Fortitude 1, buy Fortitude 3
Free Mortis 1, buy Mortis 5 (Mortis is the Cappadocian clan discipline, Cats told me to get theoretical levels in it)
Potence 1
Celerity 1
Protean 1
Free Blood Bond
Free Embrace
Free Lock-picking
Free Ghoul
Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade
Owned Apartment
Night Club
A Group of People Who Aren't Assholes- Akitsu(Salubri), Alice(True Brujah), Azula(Lamia), Mera(Kiasyd), Raven(Lasombra), Trisha(Toreador), Neeshka(Baali), Pharah(Brujah)

Antitribu+0- Cappadocian. Why? Because fuck you, they are my favorite clan.
Gehenna+300
To Be Continued+200

Much obliged.

Read the changelog m8.

Yes and it's basically a time saver/can give you access to very powerful abilities immediately. Out of clan disciplines require a teacher and generally a given clan doesn't want to give away their secrets which is why they're more expensive here.

Did we ever come up with a good way to explain what happened to you when you purchase a different race in DB and Z and also take the continuity drawback?

It's Dragon Ball.

You have license to make up how on Earth you went from an Earthling to a Freeza Clan Guardian of Earth. It'll make about as much sense as anything else in that canon.

Magic.

Dragon Balls

Toryiama forgot what you were.

Toriyama forgot you existed, someone reminded him and he just drew a new character with your name and history.

With level one of a Discipline can we train it up from there on our own or do we need to be taught the whole way?

Incredibles
8 yo male of the Parr Family (starts as a baby)
Superkid
Your identity is your most valuable possesion free
Jumper doesnt have any powers 800

Powers (300)
Self combustion (200)
Animal whisperer reptiles (100)
Pyrokinesis 300
Super looks 250

Items
Super suit free
Hobo suit 200 import cultivator robe
Wardrobe 100
Team suits -100
Home sweet home free

Drawbacks
Jumper jumper 0

I do not think I am going to bring the sect to this planet. They would be much better off staying on the ship, maybe I should try to get the sect to come and get me and my new family? Im sure my brother and sister would enjoy being with people where they would not need to hide their powers in public.

On the other hand it is nice to have a cozy little home and no pressing responsibilities.

I might stay here a while. At the very least, and theres no need for the sect to see their master in diapers...

Eh, fair enough. Thanks.

>I wish I could say this is a first for me
>I really, really can't though

Asking again, anybody remember where I can find radiation immunity perks?

I will but you have to dance for me. In a bikini.

Arrowverse and getting the Firestorm power gives you radiation immunity. It does seem like a package deal along with being a human torch though.

>Learning a new out-of-clan Discipline requires that the teacher feeds the student a point of their blood before instruction begins, to start the mystical tie to the Discipline being taught. Improving knowledge of a Discipline already known does not require such a transfer (although some unscrupulous teachers may claim that it’s still necessary).

Is what we have in the 20th Anniversary edition. It's a bit ambiguous.

Don't one of the Fallout jumps have that? I think the older one with the wierd power limits no-one liked had one.

One of the comic jump I'm pretty sure. I think it may be Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes.

Option to start as not-actually-a-vampire (obviously won't benefit from buying disciplines)? Or is that the drop-in option?

>fledgeling steps into the back alley for a smoke
>jumper falls out of the sky, lands heavily on an old chair
>broken wooden shard spears fledgeling, he's dead jim
>jumper doesn't notice due to concussion
>stumbles into bar, grumbling to invisible benefactor
>jumper weirdness mistaken for malkavian madness
>downs offered glass of blood thinking its medicine (metavore)
>somehow stumbles through the entire plot concussed
>nobody ever realises jumper not actually a vampire

No imports for items?

Blade, The True Daywalker, reduced problems with radiation.
Shin Megami Tensei, Environmental Protection, lessened effect and what would kill a man in hours would take days to claim your life; by actively cycling your spiritual power, you can repel those conditions and cleanse others.
Fallout, Lead Belly, for consumed food and water, Rad Resistant, if you want to stand at ground zero of a detonation for a few minutes. Or, you know, use some Rad-Away and RadX.
Mad Max, Gardener, if you want to grow things with radiation around. Less useful for immunity to radiation for yourself.
Command and Conquer, Tiberium-Resistant, you can ignore all but the heaviest radiation and environmental hazards.
Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Asgardian, immunity to non-supernatural radiation. Full stop.
Eclipse Phase, Immunization Mods, immune to all known munane biological infective agents, poisons, narcotics, suffocation, starvation, radiation, and vacuum conditions.

Post-Apocalypse has something.

Are the listed powers all that the diciplines offer or can others be used/obtained? From what I can tell there are more powers available to the Disciplines, especially in the case of Thaumaturgy.

Shame on you you filthy Baka!

Cool! Thanks a ton guys!

That sounds stupid. Don't go to a jump about being a vampire if you don't want to be a vampire.

The original DC jump has the Self-Sustenance perk which includes "Radiation does not harm you".

XD lol so funny

No.

I'll put it in.

Sort of comes under the note about using tabletop rules for disciplines if you like.

Aside from this
There are intangibility powers (radiated ions pass through you)
regeneration (radiation is cellular damage, and could be repaired by regeneration faster than it occurs)
Having radiation powers of your own: (Radiokinesis from Arrowverse.
Mutation from Batman Beyond has an explicit Radiation elemental option.
X-Man has Energy absorption, where being radiated just makes you more powerful also.)

I think there is something applicable in the polluter section of the Captain Power jump.

Superman:TAS had a Radiation Proof suit 100 CP item for Fiat backed item immunity.

Please sir, can I have some S&S Scenario updates, sir?

Jaegerspas XV looks like it's supposed to be a shotgun, but it doesn't say shotgun.

I dunno, I could see some jumpers - perhaps after experiencing a particularly shitty decade somewhere - deciding to go on a multi-jump bar crawl, getting a new liver every ten years as they stumble from one multiversal drinking hole to the next.

Dammit user, now that you asked I have to try and finish them.

Sorry for being a useless baka jumpmaker

>Oh, I know this one. Alexandria Package from Worm. The universal imposition of the Manton Effect specifically prevents stuff like radiation effecting your insides.
No it doesn't. It just keeps powers from directly affecting your insides. So someone with radiation powers couldn't manifest radiation inside you (like Behemoth likes to do), but externally-generated radiation can still irradiate you.

Does the note about weaknesses apply to new kindred created with the Embrace perk?

I will headpat the worm

Did someone ever grab my Battleborn wip and completed it?

To be fair, Alexandria probably resists it at least somewhat due to super toughness.

Pretty sure I told Red the Seedbed would probably work before. So other add-ons likely would, as well.

No, I didn't even know there was one

You know, "Wakfu", I don't recall the real Wakfu ever having issues with grammar. At least not as consistently as you've been.

What generation are we and is there any way to pay to be of a closer generation?

It was pdf'd, but I don't believe it was actually changed.

Well, Brother_user, dirge made a PDF of the Battleborn WIP, but no one actually picked it up and tried to finish it besides that.

Dead game.

I'm gonna say no and clarify that in the notes.

It's in the notes (8th) and no.

>(should you be aware of them) you may purchase canon disciplines not listed here for the same price.
Can you take bloodline-restricted Disciplines like Flight?

The motion for headpat has been raised.
I will second.
Option to headpat is now open to the Committee of the Whole.

I third the motion, on the condition that there be multiple headpats instead of just one.

We must headpat the Worm.

It's a fanwank area really but I'd say no to anything that's out and out impossible in either videogame or the TTRPG.

Hmmmm........
I fifth the motion.

Is it just me or have we been getting quite a rash of imposters recently? Probably the same guy.

I'm STILL mad.
I posted it on August 2016 so it's understandable you may not remember. Here's the pastebin pastebin.com/ZF1Skmw2
I see, kinda sad nobody wanted it, but given the circumstances of the departure (and that Battleborn is a dead game) it was to be expected.

You can't just headpat people! It's not appropriate!