Aren't the dense/oblivious harem protagonists the perfect example of "high Cha, low Wis"?

Aren't the dense/oblivious harem protagonists the perfect example of "high Cha, low Wis"?
Why the most common Bard stereotype is the Beavis and Butthead "hehe, I'm gonna score with that chick" manwhore type then?

Because that's what bards are like irl

> Because that's what bards are like irl
And wizards are supposed to be modeled off IRL nerdy bookworms, and yet the stereotypical Wizard is pragmatic, decisive and self-sufficient, instead of being the spaghetti-dropping nerd.
The IRL argument doesn't really work here.

because wizards are usually the self insert, but none of the downsides are played up like being a fucking nerd, because escapism

I'll never understand putting the why at the start of a question in English, and I'm from a country where we do it in our language.

Just look at what it ACTUALLY means if you put the comma that's required after the why.

This exactly. The wizard is usually the small, greasy kid who sits in the corner and self-inserts himself into his character, thus opting to give him no flaws. The bard is the guy who comes to have a good time.

Gee, Billy, maybe it's because harem anime is maybe the worst kind of media to take inspiration from, seeing as it fosters static characters and a frustratingly rigid status quo that has to cater to multiple shipping fantasies at the same time?
Or maybe it's because Anime is very often just not good.
Say what you will about manwhore bards, but they have some sort of fucking basis in reality, and you might have known that if you went outside every once in a while.

The problem isn't taking or not taking inspiration from anime, the problem is that the stereotypical Bard is a manwhore, when a "high Cha, low Wis" is more likely to not notice the effect his charisma has on other people.

Harem Anime protagonists are passive characters. The world happens to them.

Player Characters are active characters, they want to affect the world. Their version of low-wis is not realizing seducing the mermaid with mind affecting power see is never going to result in something good.

There's an ommited "is" in the sentence, directly following "why"

>Or maybe it's because Anime is very often just not good.
To be fair, the grand majority of Western media isn't good either. There's a reason why fucking adapting comics is the new hotness in Hollywood: they mostly have nothing better to offer right now.

>Harem Anime protagonists are passive characters. The world happens to them.
Ironically this is why (battle) shonen are better harem anime than harem anime. The protagonists are by definition proactive and often do something to earn the pussy they eventually drown in.

What? You're not into "Pathetic guy does basically nothing but fuck up all these girls throw the pussy at him like he's Chris Brown anyway?"

Cause Int is a dump stat

In that case I like it more when there's a single love interest and that character's patheticness is somewhat acknowledged in-universe. I don't know, it's easier for me to buy into it that way.

Shonen protagonists never drown in pussy. Generally they get one tsundere gf after becoming world (universal) boxing champion or whatever the fuck.

what you´re basically saying is that generally the harem has a conclusive winner. How is that bad?

>Aren't the dense/oblivious harem protagonists the perfect example of "high Cha, low Wis"?

No, thats not charisma, they dont even have a personality, the girls just like them because the plot demands it

What if Harem protags are simply demons/cursed individuals who attract certain women and ruin their lives as everyone around them wonders why they're throwing themselves at some lame mother fucker.

There's this one shot manga literally called "I'm a harem protagonist but I'm gay so every day is hell for me"

I read that. it was pretty funny, if I recall.

There never is a harem, do you even read shonen?

If we look at currently airing/publishing shonen I'm pretty sure Souma has quite a handful of women wet for him. Then there's Akame ga Kill which is pretty recent, that one isekai manga where the MC gets magical powers by sucking tiddies (though that's more smut territory than pure shonen), word on the streets is that Black Clover gets harem-esque in later chapters etc. Not every shonen has a harem, but harems in shonen are far from uncommon.

>Then there's Akame ga Kill which is pretty recent
A love triangle is not a harem, especially when one of the girls is perma-rejected and enemy-zoned on account of being a crazy cunt.

Nikumi is the only female portrayed as actively interested in Souma, all the others are only interested in food or competition. He's got more men hanging off his dish than anything else.

Harem does not mean 'series with a lot of hot girls'.

>He's got more men hanging off his dish than anything else.
Kek

Our party literally has a stereotypical harem protagonist. While in a fight he's amazing, in social situations he's naturally charming and sexy as fuck, but also a total doormat who just kind of does what people say

unlike other harem protagonists though, he's fucking the lot of them

Because players like to self insert and bard players just want to pretend to score. It's most popular due to how much the players fantasize. This type is just as annoying and overused as the oblivious harem protagonist, though annoying in completely different ways, and both tropes can go die in a fire.

>tit sucking isekai
wat