Is it true that players are significantly more likely to be merciful towards enemy NPCs who are cute girls (possibly...

Is it true that players are significantly more likely to be merciful towards enemy NPCs who are cute girls (possibly male), going for knockouts or captures rather than outright kills?

I say this from experience as a GM who has run many game sessions and many battles. I have literally never seen a cute girl NPC killed by player actions, unless the NPC in question was guaranteed to resurrect or reincarnate somehow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTTdW1bJhc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

depends on how you the GM play them.
I used a qt6.28 Noctumancer as a recurring villain for a while. She died bloody when they finally managed to counter her Sight Eclipsed + Flicker ambush strategy.

If I want my players really to do a quest or something I come up with a new npc who's a sweet grill and show them a picture of her because I ask for something. Works every time

>because
*before

My players suicidebombed a monastery filled with cute lady monks because they didn't want to solve a puzzle.

My paladin got this things with evil females. You know how the girl always chase the bad boys? It's like that, but with bad girls. Deep down, he doesn't like slaying pretty girls and hope there even a tiny chance that the girl would repent her wicked ways.

Play with female players, they'll have no problem killing her in horrible ways.

Straight men are genetically programmed to consider women valuable, especially ones that look young/cute/sexually fertile. The morals and values of said women are secondary considered to this reptile-brain urge.

What you really want is to have a bad girl turn the tables on you, isn't it?

My current party has been betrayed by cute chicks so many damn times, they no longer listen to their dicks anymore. Hell, blatant fanservice is now instantly suspicious to em now.

Yep. That's DnD for you.

I was thinking Medusa from Soul Eater. One hell of a MILF, but that bitch will kill me if I am not careful.

Depends how dumb the characters are.
I've had games where one or more players brought ruthlessly efficient characters, characters with a strong sense of justice, or characters who were just jaded beyond belief.
In those games it didn't matter how cute someone was if they fell into the category of "someone who should be killed."

Then I had games where my players brought characters with more idealistic tendencies, and in those games they tended to hesitate in situations involving young folk, or people who seem like they could be good for whatever reason.
Though "cute" wasn't really a defining situation there either.

>merciful towards enemy NPCs who are cute girls
Well, thats the standard male reaction, its not something thats done consciously. Unless the players are convinced that said cute little girls are serious, lethal threat to them, they will not be willing to mercilessly slaughter them.

>(possibly male),
I cant speak for other players, but i'd make a point to murder it as soon as possible. Traps are one of the shittiest tiers of magical realm (just barely above tha actual shit fetish) , and if GM tries to drop them on me, they are getting thrown in woodchipper.

A cute girl NPC will definitely get a lot more leeway. But it does depend on the player. There's a dude in my group who falls for this shit every time, but I have definitely noticed that there are boundaries not to be pushed, less forgivable sins etc.

would be an example, a sufficiently frustrating adversary might just annoy them in excess of any slack bought by being waifu material.

In the case of the aforementioned player, I probed his boundaries a few times. I definitely found that he was willing to be *extremely* rough (albeit still not lethal) with a girl who shot a witless civie at point blank while their car was stopped at the lights so she could get a car despite being invisible and silenced.

Got a party of murderhobos. Quickest and fastest way to ensure they don't just straight up kill an NPC is maker her female. Works every goddamned time.

It typically depends on a sliding scale of what characters they're playing vs how frustrating the npc was.
For example, often times we'll have a chaotic evil murderer spare someone's life for no decernable reason, but just as often a lawful good paladin will make a bloody mess out of someone for the crime of acting with any sort of self preservation or god forbid using tactics.

I run a campaign where the players are a space crew piloting their own ship. They can recruit NPC crew members, usually 1 per session. When embarking on a new planet I let them take 1 of their choice with them to augment the team. Anyhow, this quickly became less of a crew and more of a harem. They even killed off the robot musician (male) that plays AC/DC: youtube.com/watch?v=eTTdW1bJhc0 . Who kills the musician when you're trying to build up a crew? Instead, they opted to spend a whole lot of money to buy a generic robot (female) and upgrade her with loads and loads of guns.

So yes, players are much, much more merciful towards cute girls, at least the ones in my campaign.

>Medhu-tan
>milf

Only if there's not a significant risk to the players or they're offered a reward for taking them alive.

My group tends to treat enemies equally. NPC allies though? Men are expected to work their asses off to help the party while women can go ahead and take a break in the middle of battle if they feel like resting.

You killed a thread to post your waifu

My players seem to hate the concept of waifus, so cute grills are just as likely to die as everyone else.

DM once tried to introduce his waifu and we killed her right on the spot. You should of seen the look on his face.

Yes, lolis are in high demand in the slave market.

Knowing my friends and I, we'd probably bully our DM mercilessly for jamming his fucking waifu into our game. If I was anything besides a Paladin, I'd absolutely murder it.

back near the beginning of my D&D game, the PCs killed a little girl because she had a talent for magic and was a bit bigger that you'd expect a 4 year old to be.

I mean, she *was* partially a demon, but they didn't really have any evidence of that beyond "she used Charm Person!"

I mean yes this is probably true for most male groups.

I really liked how in Expeditions Vikings you can go fuck up the nunnery when you land in England and every English character is fucking horrified.

Have you done all this already?
You have until the 6th

>(possibly male)
Oh it's quite the opposite I'm afraid, I love setting those delusional wierdos free from their suffering, maybe they'll respawn with the proper gender this time.

MY EDGE CUTS DOWN ALL BEFORE ME

you're not wrong though

Absolutely, OP

I wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't happened to me in a bizarrely direct way:
>Run campaign based on a vidya series where the generally accepted, unspoken rule is 0 HP = dead unit
>All bosses so far have been ugly dudes so no issues
>Introduce the BBEG's 4 evil generals
>One of them is an insane loli
>Eventually have a throwaway boss, a rabid fangirl of said loli general
>Mild difficulty but PCs beat her
>Start describing her death and player cuts in
>"I take her body back to the inn we're staying at and treat her wounds"
>wait what
>All players start trying desperately to save her life just because she's a cute girl
>Had no plans for her, just wanted a goofy fangirl who would die with no fanfare
>Hurriedly whip up backstory and personality for her
>By the campaign's end, the same PC who "killed" her ends up marrying her and she's one of their most beloved NPC tagalongs despite spending half the campaign hating them for keeping her alive instead of letting her die honorably

it was weird
But in hindsight I really had no reason not to expect it

>play with a bunch of diehard yurifags
>no point even naming male NPCs
>have to come up with stupid backstories for even generic female NPCs like hunter's daughter or evil footsoldier #37

>(possibly male)
Nah, our rogue is a homophobe who disarms all traps he comes across. They tend to bleed out from the impromptu amputation

I kill all people indiscriminately.

I’m not sexist after all.

You posted a pic of that girl in this thread and I was about to be mad. But then I wasn't.

>Is it true that players are significantly more likely to be merciful towards enemy NPCs who are cute girls
I can say, without any equivocation, that this is not true. Based on my experience GMing for a 4 female player group. They are straight up murderhobos and dragon rapists.

>(possibly male)
Dead. With a necrotic damage spell. Miss me with that gay shit.

I felt it was the best way to get out of explaining why I included a loli general, since I was running for Talesfags
And this is a blatant THF thread

This doesn't really work when your players are all playing as the cute girls

Traps are gay, fampaitchi

>kill off AC/DC rocking robot, literally the coolest crew member clearly

Please tell me they had some reason other than the fact they wanted a female robot. Why were these things mutually exclusive as well? user it sounds like your players are garbage desu~

This only really works if the female player has envy issues, normally women are easily swooned by cute girls too

>girl (male)
Is anyone else sick of this godawful anime pedo meme scumfuck autistic crossboarders from /a/ keep forcing here? It's not funny and just drags discussions down

Personally? I'll be running either the save-them-all or kill-them-all route. I don't discriminate on my targets.

In the campaign I'm running, my players' employer is a cute wizard girl who is struggling to keep her organization together.
They hate her guts cause she hasn't paid them in weeks now due to a lack of resources.

Just make her tearfully apologize to them whilst giving them cutesy handwritten IOUs

Well, he was a bounty hunter out for the party. When it came to a much more violent, irrational lady bounty hunter however, they captured and befriended her instead. They also got paid for killing the robot musician by a faction of robot-hating humans. But even then, they were quick to turn the rocking robot into cash while they spent a lot of cash to get a lady robot.

I was about to say, not much of a milf, but becomes the TASTIEST piece of loli-ass

Not when Shinobu and Hachikuji both exist

Well, Monogatari is on another level, it's not fair to compare it to others, lest they stand no chance.

If you make your enemy a child, yes your players are more likely to knock them out instead of kill them. If the enemy just killed a bunch of people with glee, that consideration ends.

Talk shit get hit nigga

My paladin character always offers a choice to give up and surrender, before the combat starts. It's all no mercy after that, you're dying even if you get knocked out. Once the party got some decen levels and fame, enemies actually started to listen from time to time.
For some reason, every female villian he'd met refused to give up without a fight. They're all dead now.

>Based on my experience GMing for a 4 female player group. They are straight up murderhobos and dragon rapists.

D-Dragon rapists?

dem dragons man

No.

....I wrote that story already, user.

As it should be

Nope.

Hell, at one point I specifically tried to probe for that with a third party working for the bad guys. Said third party was a cute young woman who was hired for her magical abilities particularly those around binding elementals. She was aloof and openly said she owed no allegiances, though the group noticed there was an elemental seemingly waiting to pounce at a signal.

One player suggested they don't escalate things.
Two other players were talking about how she's clearly dangerous and doesn't seem to care that her work was getting people killed.
The fourth player, who previously established their character as someone very paranoid of magic users, swung their great hammer and got a critical hit, crushed her skull with a single swing, and then turned attention to the previously spotted elemental to see if it would react.

The first player was speechless for a minute after that.

It's true IN REALITY, mate. Look up the women are wonderful effect and you'll realize why women are far, FAR more likely to survive a hostage situation than men, among other things.

Absolutely, I run my games online and em and a friend have a joke

"Oh dont worry that enemies fine. Her tokens an anime character, the party will never harm her."

purge the witch

Maybe, but I'm not about to test that theory out.
I use nothing but males.

Really, I find it more matters on if you let the players get away with giving mercy to enemies.
If those bandits are just going to be executed when you bring them to town, of course the players will kill them.

Their prince (female)?

In this thread?