Why are elven ears attractive to people? Psychologically speaking...

Why are elven ears attractive to people? Psychologically speaking, any deviations from standard human anatomy should trigger repulsion. And yet, hypertrophied elven ears undeniably look cute.

...Do they?

Yes. And if you don't think so you're the weird one not me.

They are attractive due to being attached to hot women. Put a pair on a typical fat, pimple faced Veeky Forums gal and they will look creepy.

Honestly, I think its just because they're almost always on attractive people. Slap pointy ears on a landwhale and it's not going to improve her look much.

Its like coloured hair, if you're already good looking you can get away with it, if you're not it fucks everything up.

Ears can be erogenous zones for a lot of people, so when you see these long boat sails coming off their heads you think, “It would probably feel really good for them if I ran my fingers over those ears.”

But I'm kinda ambivalent about the ears. I don't... see them. You know? It's not a thing. I don't care. Having elf ears wouldn't add or detract to a person's cuteness. Other facial features already determine that.

It literally forms an arrow that points to the face.
It's standard face framing shit.

Meme answer is that there is some hidden jungian structure in our collective racial memory that remembers the time in our past where we were lorded over by pointed eared entities.

>Psychologically speaking, any deviations from standard human anatomy should trigger repulsion.
But this is demonstrably false, so the conclusion isn't surprising whatsoever.

Like cat people, it's the kind of thing that looks a lot more attractive on paper. I'm fairly certain a real life person with those kinds of ears would be seen as more of a freakish donkey man than a sex symbol.

>Why are elven ears attractive to people?
Have you any proof that they actually are? No, some random shitposters on Veeky Forums are not overall good test subjects.

It's exotic while remaining recognizable at a casual glance. Unusual features such as different coloured hair, eyes and facial structures can be highly attractive to someone because it's something different from the norm. People crave new experiences and new things.

In the op picture at least, if you include the jaw and chin, it's an arrow pointing straight at tits. That makes them a-oo in my book.

It's probably due to association with cats, which are the pinnacle of cuteness

>gal

>any deviations from standard human anatomy should trigger repulsion.
Wrong. Deviations which provide an image of sickness or which demonstrate asymmetry are repulsive. Minor traits which are neither are attractive to promote limited outbreeding.

I also think it's related to cat cuteness. Cats are cute.

What was the evolutionary impetus that made elves evolve long pointy ears?

This.

>Supple breast
>Feminine features
>White
>Small frame
>Wise
>Gentel
>Implying men would not over looks some pointed ears for this
My dude, men bone fat ass land whales because they have vaginas. It a man can fuck it, there is a good chance he will over look things.

As I see it, merely a marker which defines an imaginary fe\male's picture as a safe target for romantic/sexual fantasy..

..Without linking said image to real world experiences (as in, some existing personality with its shortcomings / things one has to deal with in order to manage a real relationship).

Overly long ears might be subconsciously linked to something alert and tender, think deer. Not only, of course. Don't really want to go full autism mode here, aplenty of associations out there, each personality's different of course - some would despise bloody tree-huggers.

>evolution in fantasy
Please no.

Yeah sure, a female never expressed attraction to a male elf. Good post, user.

>Sage
Hello sage, I'm a scholar

>Psychologically speaking, any deviations from standard human anatomy should trigger repulsion.
I disagree, from a logical perspective.
I figure a brain that evolves to ignore some of the weird ancillary shit is the kind of brain that fucks more wombs and gets its genetic pattern passed on more often.
Maybe in our pre-history it was scars, or injuries, or big foreheads, or culturally distinct hairstyles, but the existence of the brain's ability to ignore aberration to breed makes plenty of sense.

As for why these aberrations are desirable? A limited gene pool is a bad thing. The people who evolved an attraction to "exotic" features are the people who ended up with genetic diversity, and probably out-adapted the groups that ended up with retarded sister-cousins.

Hey man I'm only working off of OPs post. But sake can be said for females
>Wise dude
>Fit
>Gentel
>Into forestry and shit
>Good with animals
>Worse case he has a pointed dick as well

Much phone just auto fills it in at this point :P

yes, I see.

Pointy ears are a phallic symbol. If they turn you on it means you're gay.
t. freud

Warcraft elf ears are the fucking worst though.

But I'm one of those assholes who misses the days where an elf ear was slightly pointed, and a half-elf wasn't identifiable by the ears.

too bad warcraft elves are the most popular ones in fanart.
>tfw no tsundere asrai waifu

I'll just post it to get it out of the way.

>IM AN ARMCHAIR PSYCHOLOGIST HEAR MY ROAR

>any deviations from standard human anatomy should trigger repulsion

Yet we we have women slap tons of makeup on, photoshop models and celebrities to unnatural beauty standards, etc. Then there's body modifications like foot binding.

Nice human with glowing eyes and much clipping, video game-fag.

you mean the fucking best?

WHORE!

>57215400
Never, fuck off.

Bad example, foot fetish is intrinsic to the Chinese culture

t. asshurt elf.

>They are attractive due to being attached to drawings of hot women. Put a pair on a typical real-world human and they will look creepy.

I fixed your post. Didn't bother to read the rest of the thread, so someone else might have already made a similar statement.

Sadly, yeah.

No, I said worst and I meant it, but I also don't like FF cups and asses that need their own zip code, so apparently I'm a bit of an aberration according to Veeky Forums.

>video game waifufag hates elves
No surprise here.

But Warcraft elves are a brazen ripoff of Warhammer elves, down to the smallest details such as the Maelstrom/Sunwell

>n-no you don't love elves like I do.
the absolute state of (You)

Just like everything else, the blizzard version is like a popular cancer, and overtakes everything else.

The amount of people who came into Total war warhammer 1 and 2 thinking that elves would be fags infuriates me.

Cate Blanchett is a typical real-world human.

Well, you think that elf is an insult, showing that waifufags don't care about the thing they waifu.

>any deviations from standard human anatomy should trigger repulsion
>horribly misshapen and deformed feet are a fetish
>bad example

Fucking explain. I've seen Chinese feet and their standard anatomy is not a twisted lump of flesh.

Blood Elves are anything but fags, friend. They're bitter, ruthless, cold and fatalistic. The stigma comes from the waifufags who play them purely for ERP. If the Asur were a playable race in WoW, they would quickly attain the same reputation.

Visually not really

Warhammer elves don't have ears over a foot long or eyebrows that can be used like a cat's whiskers

Shame we never did anything with Alistairs backstory. Also, no idea what WoW did to Night Elves, but I remember them being anything but fags.

>If the Asur were a playable race in WoW, they would quickly attain the same reputation.
Warhammer had a MMO once too.

It was a meme game

I like weird shit, ok!?

>no idea what WoW did to Night Elves
It's literally the Asrai, but purple and they worship the moon. Which makes them the same as one of the Asrai tribes from the lore anyway.

>Why are elven ears attractive to people?
I think elf ears of all kinds are freaky, especially long ones. I find them somewhat repulsive.

The short pointy ones are kinda okay in simple illustrations, but on real people they just look deformed and weird.

That's a big mouse

>Nat 20 disguise

All half-elves in LotR come from elven females and human males

I'm going to guess that longer, mobile ears are somewhat more effective in locating the source of certain sounds (while not significantly improving hearing in general) while providing no real detriment. Warcraft ears are impractically long but something like Marcille's MEATY ELF EARS could happen.

>entire race is built up on stereotypical memes to the extent that the blood elf GF is a male elf.

Bitch you wish you were half as competent as the asur.

>Introduce GF to TW:WH High elves
>thinks they are twinks like WoW.
>after 2 hours of playtime
>"Omg, I want a Spearman plushie."

Hello there, my fellow supreme gentleman! I tip my fedora to you, you certainly put those MRA shitlords in their place. Allow me to edit that sexist's post to more accurately reflect the reality that is gender equality.

>>Hard chest
>>Masculine features
>>Dark
>>Strong frame
>>Not-mansplaining
>>Doesn't engage in postive discrimination
>>Implying women would not over looks some pointed ears for this [sic?]
>My dame, women bone fat ass land whales because they have wallets. If a woman can get a free meal ticket out of it, there is a good chance she will overlook things

For chu

And it was like three pairs. Forgotten realms has several male elf female human pairings, the only ever confirmed source of a half-eldar in warhammer 40k came from a male eldar and a female human and I think even teclis banged some human hoes.

That's not the night elves now. They are full on hentai elf bimbo tier now.
>cenarius comes back and tells the orcs they dindu nuffin it was the demon blood.
>after they raze large parts of ashenvale during cataclysm.
what kind of shitty Protector of the forest is that?

>Warcraft ears are impractically long
Nah. Larger ears exist IRL.

Alister
come on, it was a cool present for a sick and dying kid.
He had some great fucking taste too.

Man that game looks awful up close. I get that it's a strategy game with many units on the field, but still.

Teclis is the analogue of a white nerd who orders a bride from Thailand because he can't get a gf in his own country.

Those exist to radiate heat

Warcraft elves all live in the north

Then again, Warcraft elves are mutant trolls, and trolls have those huge ears and originated in the tropics, so maybe

Well my game isn't on the highest of settings because I wanna play it instead of staring at a slideshow.
Also, it has great reaction image material

>And it was like three pairs
There were no other pairs between elves and humans, no male elves with human girls. I couldn't care less about Forgotten Realms.

One comes for an elven male and maiar female. His game was so good he managed to bang a literal goddess. Human women are just too easy to interest male elves.

>no male elves with human girls
That's really telling about human girls, isn't it.
>I couldn't care less about Forgotten Realms
Basically lalala I can't hear you.

Because they are always drawn as super beautiful and/or sexy. Draw a woman with an eye in the forehead as a sexbomb and they would be attractive, while an average woman/man with a third eye would be a repulsive freak.

So same reason why a really gorgeous person can pull off any look/style while you'd look like a retarded inbred if you tried it.

>can be used as handlebars
>very expressive in certain settings, which contribute to cuteness
>probably very funny to gently bite or touch to see the elven girl reaction

No? Nightborne, the OG elves, live in the south, and the elven race evolved around the equator.

>Used as handlebars
Clearly someone doesn't know how easy it is to rip someone's ears off.

>That ear-to-snout ratio
I want one as a pet.

The equator is clearly south of Kalimdor or the eastern kingdoms, just look at the climates of the regions, the middle of the map is not the middle of the world

There arepeople out there attracted to fat chicks.

The real question is: can those ears be used as a sexual object? What would an earjob be like?

Clearly someone doesn't know how resilient elvish ears are.

But the Nightborne walk around barefoot and with minimal clothing, that certainly suggests a hot, wet climate.

>he doesn't realize Veeky Forums is secretly full of qt girls

Might explain why nu-Veeky Forums feels like it's constantly being invaded by /co/mblr. "Invaded" isn't even the right word, it's a fucking tumblr colony by now.

Now they didn't have the long ears (or at least it's not a super common trait to my knowledge) but it's beleived that those with Williams Syndrome were once beleived to be of Elfish blood, if not one of those changelings the fae keep swapping babies with. old pictures of elfs in fairy tales from those times all show characters with facial features identical to those commonly displayed in Williams Syndrome

Now how the heck could these people have survived in life if such obvious facial features were a sure sign of them being not entirely human? Williams Syndrome very commonly results in a VERY bubbly and curious personality, someone who can mingle and socialize at any party. He is the person who will meet everyone in the room, heck the building even, and since they tend to display greater facial recognition he will know everyone by name in the first night.

So despite looking freakish they could bed any woman they desired by virtue of overwhelming personality.

there is a poem by Tolkien of elves sailing away from the mouth of the Anduin. They saw a human chick on the beach they found so hot they invite her to come with them to Valinor

>google Williams Syndrome
>it's just typical English people

>Warhammer had a MMO once too.
Let's just pretend that never happened. Everything was shit about it.

>Might explain why nu-Veeky Forums feels like it's constantly being invaded by /co/mblr. "Invaded" isn't even the right word, it's a fucking tumblr colony by now.

Is it because people tell you to go back to /pol/ when you randomly start complaining about muslims in the D&D thread?

I am only one here who instantly thought about setting where different kinds of genetic diseases are actually bloodlines of half humans half mythical creatures. With all different kind of superpowers based on genetical quirks they have.

There is nothing attractive about huge pointy ears.
It's just not gross enough either to make the 10/10 hot elf babes look bad. If you saw it in real life it would look a lot weirder and it would be on someone a lot less attractive.

The art direction was so good it's still used by GW.

>psychologically speaking

And that's the moment I knew you are talking out of your ass

You don't know shit about human pyschology I'm guessing

Friendly reminder we fucked neanderthals out of existence. Literally fucked that forehead smaller

People who are attracted to elves are Aryans from the Planet Aldebaraan.
You have to know that.

>Women don't love orlando bloom
t. jorge wargamer

why do i want to fuck a drawing