Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1974: 40 Waifu Days 40 Husbando Nights

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Can someone give me some pros and cons of dresden files magic? Is it good for anything in particular?

Toga is hella sexy.

Have any origins ever changed the relationships between yourself and your companions, or your companions with each other? Were there any lingering issues after the jump ended?

Like, I gotta imagine it would be real awkward if two people in a relationship were suddenly reborn as siblings.

Or if your origin made you accidentally cheat on your companion because of your background.

you were asking for that

Technically you'd be cheating on a wed companion if you had any soul-absorbed familiars too.

As I remember right, it's really bad for anything the tenants forbid, not because it can't do them, but because the magic has a reflective feedback effect, where "Can I?" becomes "I can" becomes "I should" becomes "I must!"
So you're effectively mindfucking yourself into using those spells more and more often and thinking it is your obligation to use them.

On the other hand, it's quite good for anything not covered by those tenants, because it's very modular and allows for sympathetic powerups and shit, so you can punch way above your power level if you know what you're doing.
And it's especially, especially good at creating and enforcing magical contracts, which is a huge part of the setting and a constant hurdle for people to deal with, because it's so easy to contract people and fuck them over metaphysically.

In that way, I've started to think of it as kind of a ye olde fairy tale magic, you know with the contracts and bindings and curses and such, where you don't see a lot of people hurling around fireballs, and the people who do tend to be huge assholes who use fireballs to solve all their problems.
And the difference between here and olde fairy tale magic, is that the people in Dresden Files have actually mapped this shit out and min/maxed it and figured out how to keep you safe and really fuck people over at the same time.

At least, that's what I've got from the thread. Haven't actually read the series myself.

Pros: you a wizard now
Cons: you can't use even a toaster
Pros: you got the good magic
Cons: You got a crazy tempting dark side
Pros: Zap motherfucker!
Cons: Only on monsters, pack heat for mobsters.
Pros: Live to see Star Trek become real
Cons: Good luck living that long

So we know Wakfu's back, any other namefags want to step up?

Those legs though

>So we know Wakfu's back,
>know
Stop shitposting, dude. It was an obvious imposter.

If you've been here for any length of time, you'll know it's impossible for some of our worst to stop being their worst. Even if it would save their life, they just can't stop.

It was just a joke user. I'm not the real WakfuAnon. As far as I know he's never been back.

Is it bad I immediatey thought of bancho when you said this?

>/jc/ humour
You didn't even do anything funny though. Like, if you somehow trolled everyone I'd get it, but you just pretended to be some guy for a bit.

>Overlord (The Series)
>Seven Deadly Sins
>Kekkai Sensen
>Touhou
>Vampire Diaries
>Supernatural
>Vampire the Requiem
>True Blood
>Innistrad
>Warhammer Fantasy: Dogs of War
>Tsukihime
>Castlevania
>Arifureta
>SMT

Also, how much do you think that local Kindred would follow for the ability cover an area in eternal night from Lord of the Night (SDS)? Assuming local mages don't immediately come after you with orbital nukes

I was building up to a joke but it got derailed early on. It was probably just a bad idea in the first place.

Prime fucking example, right there.

Billy & Mandy allows for a Vampire-Mummy Hybrid, if that counts. Also you can get a Vampire-ish build in Hellboy, as they do exist and you have a Magical Creature origin.

also that one from SMTAnon is called eXceed: Blood Bullet Children or something to that effect.

also Boktai, Ultimate Spider-Man to an extent, I know that one of the races in Macross is basically "giant space vampire monster," there's also one in Libriomancer, one of the factions in Age of Ice, Darkstalkers, and... I think Zendikar as well? Penny Dreadful, Valkyrie Profile via Undead...

Not sure wot else is out there to be honest

>True Blood
Do we have a jump for that? I remember there being a WIP ages ago but no finished article.

The real Bancho user left years ago desu
I've just been pretending to be him this entire time

A question for Jumpers: What was your most difficult Jump, and why? How did you survive, and when did you come closest to death? What Jump did you attempt immediately afterward?

You wear the mask for long enough, you become the mask.
You are Bancho now, user. There is no escape!

What is the most powerful/strong vampire of the bunch? Im assuming monogatari

A remember a really shitty jump being made of it either on Reddit or on SB. It was an unbalanced mess that gave you no information about what being a vampire actually gave you. The maker either didn't come here at all or was unresponsive, I can't remember which.

Are you kidding? Don't underestimate Touhous.

given it's a Val jump, probably.

How good are touhou vampires?

It got cross-posted by one of our assholes.

Speaking of monogatari can we use oddity maker to create our own strand of vampire even if we are not a vampire? I would like to make a version that can create more of themselves classic vampire style with a few less classic weaknesses but still a major super bad allergy to silver.

>wanting weaknesses in your minions

Sad.

Never make a minion you dont have a plan to kill if they rise up against you.

Nah, "it just works" is the basis of jumpchain to an extent and if it was necessary here it would be necessary nearly every other jump (e.g. "being a kryptonian doesn't affect any vampire powers", etc.) Just assume that jumpmakers are generally not trying to trap or trick you.

Was an oversight that's been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Looks okay to me in acrobat on this version for the body text at least. Not a lot I could do about it otherwise to be honest.

You start at Gen 8 (same as the protagonist) which is already the best you can buy as a normal background in the V20 corebook. Plus you can learn your disciplines anyway so paying amounts to a highly effective time/effort saver. I know people want to spend their whole CP budget on generation so that they can make themselves 2nd gen vamp that ends the world when he takes the vampire equivalent of a shit but it's not happening.

>Just assume that jumpmakers are generally not trying to trap or trick you.

Do we eventually get the problem of too much blood power and have to sleep like some old vampires? If so can we just keep drinking the fridge blood or do we end up hitting the need to sire and feed on vzmpires? I dont want to hit torpor mode.

I am constantly astonished at the number of bad ideas /jc/ has done in the name of trying to be funny. I remember when someone tried to roleplay as another jumper in another thread, and someone else somehow turned a backhanded compliment into a pissing contest.

Is it too late to add "Never even try to make jokes, ever. Yes that maens you" to the pastebin?

>Just assume that jumpmakers are generally not trying to trap or trick you.
>I know people want to spend their whole CP budget on generation so that they can make themselves 2nd gen vamp that ends the world when he takes the vampire equivalent of a shit but it's not happening.

You are so outdated it's like I'm seeing Steven Tyler releasing country music.

>I remember when someone tried to roleplay as another jumper in another thread
>and someone else somehow turned a backhanded compliment into a pissing contest.

You can't understand...
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Then help me understand.

Teach me /jc/'s past.

>Monogatari
They are cool, but no. Strongest should be an old enough WoD Vampire or Touhou. Maybe Arifureta given what the main cast ends up doing?

Monogatari are good with their immortality, but strength-wise they would get squashed by many others.

One of them jumps from antarctica to japan I think. In one go.

Just grab that unmaker perk in Innistrad.

Although you could just build a vampire Beast in F/GO or a vampiric power using a Briah or being a God in Dies Irae. Those two would probably be the strongest. Maybe a vampiric Aristotle would be high enough in the top of things that you can directly purchase?

>old enough WoD Vampire
I don't understand WoD, how do vampires work there?

You get older and your blood becomes thicker and more potent. Downside is you need stronger blood to drink as you get older which means either you sleep to thin out your power and blood or you start farming vampires.

Oh yeah, I forgot that. I still think that they would lose to the ones that I mentioned.
God decided to teach Cain a lesson for killing his brother by making him super-immortal and granting him a lot of conceptual powers. Then Cain started making other vampires.It didn't end up well

>when a non-legitimate Vampire is stronger than literally any legit vampire option in the entire chain

lul, leeches get rekt

Comes under the basic vampire weakness going away thing in the notes.

Yeah, maybe someone should get SB to make a real VtM jump with a "You Are Caine lol" drawback.

At the top level some of the disciplines are just called "Plot Device".

I don't get why antediluvian when to sleep. There were many other supernatural stuff running around with strong vitae for them to drink.

>vampiric Aristotle
ORT-Chan has some vampiric abilities.

>You start at Gen 8 (same as the protagonist) which is already the best you can buy as a normal background in the V20 corebook. Plus you can learn your disciplines anyway so paying amounts to a highly effective time/effort saver. I know people want to spend their whole CP budget on generation so that they can make themselves 2nd gen vamp that ends the world when he takes the vampire equivalent of a shit but it's not happening.
>You start at Gen 8
Huh, I guess it isn't that bad then. It would at least justify showing up with three disciples at 5 dots.

>Yeah, maybe someone should get SB to make a real VtM jump with a "You Are Caine lol" drawback.

Please don't give them ideas.

But didn't it acquire them after eating a Dead Apostle Ancestor that crossed its path?
Just like that Horus Heresy jump?

Technically the Beast option would be a legitimate vampire if you want it to be.
>Yeah, maybe someone should get SB to make a real VtM jump with a "You Are Caine lol" drawback.
I remember one of them arguing that they could use the Ghoul option to slave Cain in their first jump.
By the way, could you add the option to purchase more ghouls? Having more than one isn't exactly rare

Is there any way to lower your generation outside of the WoD setting, where there aren't any vampires to eat?

If we don't pay for the apartment, like, so it's still a shitty little hovel effectively, does it still follow us into new jumps, or is that only for if we buy the upgraded version?
I kinda WANT a shitty little hovel to follow me around, but don't want the swank and awesome apartment building, hence the question.

You could maybe eat and diablerize a couple thousand lesser vampires? Muate your bloodline a lot.

But being a world of darkness vampire sucks ass.

Upgrade from Generic Isekai and enough magicka probably although by that point you probably won't need to.

>But being a world of darkness vampire sucks ass.
You get rid of the weaknesses after leaving the world and keep all the cool powers that grow with age. I don't think it's a bad trade. In fact, just getting all the disciplines with CP at one dot would be the best thing to do, since according to the rulebook, you can just earn experience by living.

Can't see why not. It's sort of funny though as I still kind of imagine it in terms of the game (i.e. where there's a mortal dying in front of you and you ghoulify them to save their life) . Eight ghouls would mean for the first day or so you'd be tripping over half dead people all day.

Yeah you can have your hovel in later worlds.

Clarification, do disciplines give you the appropriate powers from the tabletop? Like particularly Auspex/Presence, since those have significantly different powers. I've been erring on the side of they don't and I went to VtR to get those powers.

Pros: Ludicrously versatile, law of contagion shenanigans are always fun, only really surpassed in versatility by really freeform stuff like going Mage in one of the WoD jumps
Cons: DO NOT BREAK THE LAWS, laws are restrictive, seriously don't break the laws it does a number on your mind

You know what? You're right.

A high-generation one, at least. The Antediluvians seems to not mind it all that much.

How long would it take for a Gen 8 vampire to master their disciplines?

>Vamps
>living

If you were a VtR vampire instead of VtM, you would just gain blood potency, which is the rough parallel to generation, up to the max of 10. The two aren't exactly equal. I fluffed it that it was possible for me to diablerize non-WoD vampires and sucking down a sufficiently powerful vampire would provide a relevant increase in power.
Because of this, I think VtR handles it a bit better. Each clan has their clan disciplines for free, but only the first level, and the rest of their clan disciplines are discounted but have a decently high point cost, instead of just costing 50 points per dot in a clan discipline or 100 for out of clan. Makes out of clan disciplines a lot harder to get significantly good at in your initial choices, partially because there's so much more good stuff to buy and probably to avert the very thing you're talking about.

Can my waifu feel love?

There's a note to that effect already.

Depends on a lot of different things. Growth is fairly quick for the protagonist though as he's so consistently punching above his own rate. It's the sort of thing that would be decided by a DM so it's a fanwank situation.

Unlife seems like a really bad pun for me
I would need to check my rulebook, but I think you got an experience point per year during timeskips and disciplines costed 10 points per dot? That would be without doing anything relevant, since you can get much more EXP during the course of a game.

I also don't remember the rules about reaching the six dots

I don't remember if it's possible in V:tM, but in V:tR I remember reading that Vamps can force blood to pump through their genitalia to temporarily regain the ability to use it.

Meant to quote

Yes, but a Malkavian probably won't feel anything close to what you associate with love.

>laws are restrictive
The whining about those is really overdone.
The only ones that really impact you are only the "don't kill" "don't change others" "no mindreading" "no enthralling" "no necromancy" ones anyway, and you have to be kind of a dick for at least half of those to matter anyway, if not all of them.
Not to mention they only apply to humans.

If you're really bothered by not being able to use THIS magic for those things - against humans - pick up some anti-corruption perks, but most of the time it shouldn't even come up.
They in no way detract from the vast usefulness of DF-style magic.

Eh, I'll take what I can get. She was my first fictional crush.

Not Harley?

How would people feel about a Yurucamp Jump? Because cute girls camping cutely sounds like 300% comfy to me.

With Power to Burn and then some, what sort of magic could I throw about? Any examples of the high end mortal magic?

Nah, never really liked psychiatrists.

>There's a note to that effect already.
Was that added in the new version? If it wasn't, I just can't read then. Could I pay double to get both versions of the disciplines if I didn't want to jump VtR for some reason? That one's kind of impertinent, but I just want to know for completion's sake. I really liked having Presence and Auspex in the tabletop, but the versions in game are better for straight combat like the game. It made my homunculus choice in FMA:B easier since Auspex 5 was like Ultimate Eye-lite.

Alright, so... I'm working on a little plan, but I need one more piece for it and the only idea I've had so far (converting Freeman Morphs from Eclipse Phase) isn't exactly ideal for my purposes.

My question is then, does anyone know a jump where I could get a basis to get started on making beings with genetic loyalty bioengineered into them?

Fuck yes.

Yes and no.

It was added in the version yesterday and no you can't get VtR stuff as it's a different kettle of fish. The game referenced in the notes is VtM.

>Yes and no.
Explain. I'll marry Therese too if I must

I'd enjoy it.
We need more comfy jumps.

Iirc the island prison that contains hundreds of reality breaking monsters was made by a mortal wizard using his power over multiple periods of time past present and future ALL AT ONCE to create a leyline backed prison that holds pretty much anything. Also when bound to it you know literally everything that goes on there as if you were a god of that place.

Have you tried the resident evil jump user?

How much regeneration is enough?

I was going through the Bleach jump and I was doing a build with Drop-In and chose Arrancar, took the freebie regeneration for both Hollow and Arrancar, and I also took Phoenix as my aspect. Am I set for regeneration for a while? Do I need to choose it as my Arrancar specialty stat? Also, is Sonido included in being an Arrancar?
As an aside, does Drop-In seem like it's stronger than the other origins? 1:1 point ratio and 200 extra with another origins captstone for discounted price seems like it's just head and shoulder above the others unless you're wanting a bunch of items or powers from the origin sections. Unless I'm missing something.

>Could I pay double to get both versions of the disciplines if I didn't want to jump VtR for some reason?
>no you can't get VtR stuff as it's a different kettle of fish. The game referenced in the notes is VtM.
I meant, could I pay for 500 (or 1000 for out of clan) to get presence at five dots for both versions? The only reason I mentioned VtR at all there was because I jumped that to avoid needing to pay twice as many points in VtM:B jump for the tabletop disciplines on top of the vidya versions.

Since dresden magic works mostly by a combination of power and self hypnosis as well as law of contagion if you build a ritual with good enough symbolism (something being more accurate to the target works best, like hair or a perfect replica made of materials from the original) you could do a hell of a lot.

Diabolical has perks that enforces loyalty on your minions. Geneforge, Dragon Ball Multiverse and Tomb Kings also have something for that.

I mean, anywhere with sufficiently-advanced biotech should be able to do this to a primitive extent. Just making certain smells trigger the right hormone responses could start the ball rolling.

Not him but my plan is to build a chaldea system and use the Global Environment Model as a focus to create a genius loci of my property, then I can know literally everything that goes on there and give me the ability to summon servants if I need more on the spot protection.

Presence is basically lifted directly from the tabletop VtM now anyway in the jump (primarily as it made Toreadors in the game nothing like how they're described) so there'd be no point at all in buying it twice. You could still go the game route if you preferred but I'd say you'd have to pick one or the other.

> How much regeneration is enough?
Until you quell the dwelling paranoia you experience in an imagination game. Make sure to stock up on forcefields!

Post me your Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma builds.

>To become Big E will only cost you 200CP.
>Can buy a complete STC for both humans and Eldar
>Can buy a Legion but only get like 1000 custodes.

But user the jump is '''''''fine'''''''.

Volume 3 needs to hurry up and get translated.

>Have you tried the resident evil jump user?
I haven't yet, no. Hmmm.

Using a virus with Fine-Tuning for loyalty isn't exactly what I had in mind, but it could work? I'd need to worry somewhat about the possibility of cures being developed, but on the other hand I would be able to use it on beings I didn't make myself.

Huh, Diabolical might be pretty useful, yes. Though I'm not sure on the mention of contracts or alliances running out.

Geneforge seems to have something for leadership and mental control, not quite what I'm looking for. Multiverse's Author perk is rather good though, Tomb King stuff seems to be decently useful as well.

Well, yes. But I'd like to go for more than a primitive extent, which is why I'd asked?

>Unless I'm missing something.
You're missing that every origin BUT drop-in gets 1000pp for their power section.

I just wasted my points in waifus and imported a companion to do the cooking. I don't like cooking that much