I know Japan is weirdness personified but... really?

I know Japan is weirdness personified but... really?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9uuwbSUdW8M
youtube.com/watch?v=A2_liowdedI
youtube.com/watch?v=pglvcXFQhUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm almost afraid to ask what is that

>If you've ever looked at tabletop RPGs and thought "needs more Vocaloid," you're in luck. Kokoro Dungeon, a new TRPG featuring Hatsune Miku, is coming later this month.
Players fight their way through a dungeon to defeat the villainous Otokui. But they're not alone -- they're accompanied by Miku and her friends, creatures known as "Otodama" who fight using the power of song. Vocaloid favorites like "Umiyuri Kaiteitan" and "Double Lariat" will be referenced in the game scenario and as character skills.

That's not that weird. Japanese made TRPGs tend to be more structured and dedicated to a specific premise because the group typically has to rent a place to play.

hoooold the fuck on, does this means that this shit is essentially karaoke RPG?

Imagine playing a game like this in a karaoke bar and instead of using dice you have to sing and your score determines whether you succeed or not. Harder checks means harder songs, but greater rewards.

faggot

Sounds cool

Yeah, from what I've been told, their games tend more towards beer n pretzel high concept games meant for a lengthy single session with quick chargen or premade characters. The scene is also supertiny, so the vast majority of games are also small-run indie homebrews and fan translations.

>who fight using the power of song

I wonder if the Japanmen of today know a thousand samurai ghosts follows each and every one of the, heads bowed in shame.

The Samurai argue with the umbrellas and eye-butt ghosts and giant skeletons and other Kami way more than they complain about dishhonorabru niche culture.

That is actually a fairly normal premise for a JRPG. Look at Meikyu Kingdom for one, or how your average game of Maid RPG turns out.

RULES OF NATURE

Still best yokai. Rather simplistic, but doesn't really need to be more than what it is.

>made of skeletons those who died of starvation
>like 20 times bigger than normal person
>turns fucking invisible
>turns fucking invincible
>bites people's heads off and drinks them like a cheap soda

Not much more ashamed than the ancestors of westerners are right now

At first I thought that said "Otamatone" and I got really excited.
youtube.com/watch?v=9uuwbSUdW8M

So basically Bard: The Bardening?

HAHA YEAH JAPANESE ARE SO FUCKING WEIRD DUDE WITH THEIR ANNIE MAYS A N SHIT WTF JAPAN!?!? US AMERICANS NEVER DO ANYTHING WEIRD

>Fatal Games logo has two d10 on it

Fitting

youtube.com/watch?v=A2_liowdedI

I am pretty okay with this.

Especially with all the subtext.

youtube.com/watch?v=pglvcXFQhUU

lol japan is so weird XD