Can they be stopped or are they supposed to be the end times for 40k?

Can they be stopped or are they supposed to be the end times for 40k?

They lose to Chaos. Everybody loses to Chaos. It's a stated fact that everyone else dies to Chaos in the end, and it's unavoidable and unbeatable

Chaos is the only threat in 8th edition 40k. Everything else is a distraction.

carnac shoo

They lose to Crons just like Chaos

They're an end times.

Chaos are going to "win" in the short term. But the conquered galaxy will collapse into chaos and be easy prey for the tyranids in the long term.

Nah. Chaos is eternal and timeless, and omnipotent. Khorne could wipe out the entire tyranid race if he so chose, Nurgle could weave plagues even they couldn't adapt to, etc etc. Chaos is above all else

So omnipotent slaanesh was kidnapped by like 5 drunk elves and never came back in shitmar. And they are so timeless they basically didn't even existed 40000 years prior.

>Can they be stopped
Who knows. It depends on how many there are and how much biomass they manage to absorb.

Tyranids have already been mentioned to be immune to nurgles rot.

Though there was that one planet wherentgey fought Deathguard and bothnsides keptnuooing their biowarfare game until they both lost because they had made the place such a virulent hellhole they all melted.

Chaos is eternal, the chaos gods are certianly not, nor omnipotent (if they were they'd have won already).

Wasn't it said somewhere that the current hive fleets are more like scouts rather than real armies?

They did, actually. The Old Ones apparenlty arrested a bunch of daemons in pokeballs during the war in heaven, and also apparenlty witnessed the beginings and ends of the universe. Presumably Slaany' s Kidnapping will turn out, like every other bad thing that happens to Chaos these days, to be part of some master plan that means that they actually win.

If Imperium uses all these leftover biomass to feed more soldiers or create biomachines of their own, sure

Thats been mentioned or implied one way or another in most of the nid codexs.

Nothing can stand in front of GW inaptitude at writing lore. Two chaos gods have already fell due to it.

if nids were a threat they would be threatening the aos setting too.

One of the codices or novels did basically say that Khorne could wipe out the materium with one swing of his sword, but doesn't because it'd be boring. I personally think that makes him sound like a pathetic bitch but that's apparently canon now.

Yeah they put the shit they actually created themselves into pokeballs because creating a billion psychic races proved to be a shit idea in the end. In all honesty if warp entities made any sense in-world logically gork and mork would be crashing everyone place while drunk and pissing cheap mushroom pils everywhere.

dude, in WFB a dude on a horse with a sword can kill a Bloodthirster. What the fuck does it prove in 40k.

Pretty hard for Tyranids to eat a galaxy where seas are boiling blood and planets take shape of rotting fetuses.

Damn, two gods died to GW negligence? When will authorities take the setting into custody?

Hard, but not impossible.

And Slaanesh could fill the void with her girly cummies from the biggest sissygasm ever witnessed but that would be bor- wait no if he didn't do it means it's actually not possible.

Eh, its probably just poetic hyperbole.

There's also been a mention of tyranids being an undefeatable force of nature as old as the universe.

>a setting that is just a giant excuse for people to push plastic around on a table
>a character from this setting doesnt just flop his dick on the table and declare "i win"
>this is bad
Wew lad.

>Pretty hard for Tyranids to eat a galaxy where seas are boiling blood and planets take shape of rotting fetuses.

Ever heard about "acquired taste" ? My culinary cowardly friend ?

They actually do. Every time the Chaos Gods mess with orks Gork and Mork usually pound them into submission.

A planet fetus would actually be better for nids, much more stuff they can consume.

They already drink all of a planets seas, so making them more nutritional is only going to be a boon for them.

No, the fact that he "can but chooses not to" makes him sound like some pussy who always steps down from fights but then mutters to his friends how he totally could have kicked that bikers ass, but didn't feel like it. I'd imagine it was meant to make him sound badass and strong but it comes off pathetic

Honestly 'I could totally win but I choose not to' sounds kinda shitty from a writing perspective. It doesn't make Khorne actually look strong as the god of bloodshed is saying he doesn't want to shed blood and it just goes 'Yeah, no one else's victories matter because if Khorne is ever threatened he can auto-win'

Khorne just wants an infinitely tall pile of skulls to masturbate on. Why would extinguishing all life in the universe be anywhere near a goal for him? I bet you thought captain planet had deep, realstic villains with perfectly justifiable motivations.

Let me put it to you this way. I like beef. In order to get beef, cows have to die. I like cows dyin, the more cows that die the cheaper my steak becomes. I dont want to genocide cows and end their existence for ever. Even if i was in a position of power such that i COULD kill every cow, i wouldnt. Not because im a little bitch, but because i like beef.

You're assuming khorne has mortal motivations for waging war. He doesnt. War is basically sustenence to him. To extinguish all life wpuld be to extinguish war, leading only to him withering and dying.

>god of blood shed
>sheds all blood at once
>never gets tp shed blood again

>mutters to his friends how he totally could have kicked that speedboy ass, but didn't feel like it.

While obviously texting his transgender little sister under the table and claiming it's actually his best bro Kharn but you can actually see the dozens of hearts emojis from your seat.

They are the universe's immune system against chaos

It has been said like a hundred times already. Chaos gods are not reality dependant anymore. Khorne can just rez his favourite warriors again and again and get his bloody boner from all the bloodshed for eternity.

>Chaos gods become NEETs and don't leave their warp room and warp computer anymore
>Nurgle gets too infatuated with 2D waifus
>Isha leaves
>The galaxy lives in peace

You black crusade you lose. NEET forever.

So omnipotent they get their shit slapped by Gork and Mork.

To be fair gork and mork have the biggest fanbase of all by a pretty wide margin

Oh, the glorious day in the grim darkness of the far future when anime saves Mankind

>8th
Feeling old, th-thanks...

what is hive fleet kronos

The heroes we don't deserve but that we need.

>When robot egyptians and insect dinosaurs locusts save the day

>shadowbrink is canon
Well fuck

Tyranids are certainly part of the end times, and one of the major reasons for it coming. In the one apocalypse novel, the Eldar have a prophecy saying that the end times will be something along the lines of "The devourer of worlds battling the devourer of souls" and there's another one in an older Necron codex that says Necrons, Tyranids, and Chaos are going to be the ones to ruin the galaxy for everyone else.

It'll probably be something like this: Chaos will bring down the Imperium, while the Tyranids will eat everything that is left before moving on.

The thing is, with the exception of a united Necron front, the Tyranids beat anyone else militarily. They extremely outnumber all other factions, the Hive Mind and Swarmlord has shown themselves time and again to be able to out smart the best and brightest of the galaxy, and the Milky Way is getting its ass kicked by the Tyranid scout/vanguard.

Reminder

Until GW fucks it up with space marine wankery and we have an age of the emperor bullshit with Guiliman titillating Yvrainne's prostate and other stupidity.

a stopgap measure meant to delay the eventually of Chaos devouring the galaxy.

Do I need open up Devastation of Baal and show you where the Hivemind was like a withering thread before the might of Chaos? Show you how the Hivemind died as Chaos merely flexed its power?

The Tyranids are NOTHING.

1-Slaanesh was asleep from an OD.
2-It was 2 Aelven Gods who wouldn't have managed it without the help of the other Chaos Gods

>And they are so timeless they basically didn't even existed 40000 years prior.

Except we have evidence that they did and chief among them is BE'LAKOR.

Honestly, I'd rather like to see it move towards 'Anyone has a win condition that could happen but some are more likely than others'. Keep all factions relevant rather than 'Basically none of them matter in the grand scheme of it'

>Tyranids have already been mentioned to be immune to nurgles rot.

Nope. That's a lie. Resistance =/= immunity.

>Chaos is eternal, the chaos gods are certianly not, nor omnipotent (if they were they'd have won already).

The Chaos Gods are Chaos, you dweep.They are eternal and timeless. Every creature born in the Warp has those traits

Wrong. That's fanfiction.

Nope, that was WAAAAY before the War in Heaven by billions of years. The existence of trillions of CHAOS daemons implies that the Old Ones were clashing with forces of Chaos even back then and that they somehow contained them until the War in Heaven unleashed them.

That never happened. In fact, the Chaos Gods are said to be the greatest and most powerful entities in the Warp.

Which means nothing. Gork and Mork in fantasy are weaker than the Elven Gods despite the Greenskins outnumbering the Elves many times over.

If so, "Khorne could wipe out the materium with one swing of his sword" should be like "Khorne don't want to kill nobody, he just want cheaper skulls and in no position to genocide anyone. But if he were, he wouldn't do it anyway."

Are chaos fanboys actually worst in term of retardedness than GW fanboys or do they come second ? I can't even tell anymore.

The answer is yes.

He is confusing what's being said. The Great Game of Chaos is a cosmic battle fought between the gods of Chaos for the fate of the multiverse.

If a Chaos God should kill another Chaos God, then the consequences of the imbalance of powers will result in the destruction of all existence, according to FFG's Tome of Blood. Khorne with his Ebon Sword is the only Chaos God capable of slaying one of his brother or all of them but that would be unwise. So an uneasy unspoken agreement is set between the gods. The Chaos Gods can invade Khorne realm but they would never assault his throne lest they enrage Khorne to the point that he would use his Ebon Sword on his fellow gods.

>Wrong. That's fanfiction.

>Unlike MY headcanon

The absolute state of chaos dweebs.

Stop arguing with Carnac you retarded fucks
The Studio is filled to the brim with Chaoslets and Fluff is currently on his side. Chaos has gotten a dick extension, Chaos Undivided is non-canon anymore, everything orbits around Chaos now. This horseshit is canon, accept it and stop sperging out about. Just wait five to ten years for the wheel to turn and everything to change again.

Are you that much of a bitch that reciting lore makes you throw a bitchfit? Are we dealing with children here?

Clearly someone needs to go ocean's 11 on that sword.

The truth is that he is just tsun-tsun for his little trap brother. She knows it, he knows it, everyone does.

yes, though it must be hard supporting a faction which needs twenty years of retcons to seem at all threatening. chaos always wins because later writers change previous events to make the hackney big bad seem at all competent.

>FFG
not canon, nothing beyond codex and rulebook is canon. Even blacklibrary is just fanfiction

>Say actual canon and can give citations
>You : HUUURRR thats headcanon

This why you guys are pathetic.

Conveniently forgetting all the lore which doesn't agree with and actually proves you wrong is fake news carnac-kun.

>Do I need open up Devastation of Baal
Honestly, I'm not impressed by the Devastation of Baal passage. Chaos unleashing the greatest showing of power since the heresy, the culmination of a 10,000 year plan, and in essence, all it did was give the Hive Mind a near-death experience that it pretty much instantly recovered from.
Also, BL are known Chaos wankers, and fuck up the lore so often, it might as well be a drinking game. Stuff from GW themselves places Tyranids and Chaos on more equal footing.

I would vastly prefer this too. Even as a Tyranid fan, I really don't like how several factions are basically irrelevant compared to others. At this point, the only factions that matter are Chaos, Tyranids, the slowly dying Imperium, and maybe the Ynnari.

>we
Carnac, stop pretending to be more than one person.

Speaking of old lore: I wonder (But after seeing BL handle the Horus Heresy hope they don't) if they'll ever explain what was going on with Sebastian Thor. A guy who was so peaceful that he made the walk calm and placid wherever he went.

That's a sort of effect on the warp that most psykers only dream off from a non-psyker priest.

>FFG
>not canon

I agree because GW policy is clear on the canon of third part material.

>nothing beyond codex and rulebook is canon. Even blacklibrary is just fanfiction

That's wrong and you can go fuck yourself.

Funny thing is that the sword originally belonged to Tzeentch and Khorne stole it from him.

I'd even be iffy to call the Imperium one of them at this point. They get a heap of showing but they've always been 'They are losing, just slowly'. With all the recent chaos/nid stuff the 'Slowly' part sorta vanished.

Every time there is this thread you or your cabal of retards show up, litteral screenshots that prove you wrong are shown and you disappear from the thread to reappear the next day. I could write a book named "my struggle" about how having a debate with chaos weebs is pointless and how we should find a final solution about them.

>Funny thing is that the sword originally belonged to Tzeentch and Khorne stole it from him.

Alright, time to get a team of Eldar and Imperial agents to enact the most impressive heist ever!

Just like a rancher COULD wipe out his entire heard of cattle with one day of solid work, yeah. Ofcourse the language is grimdark, its fucking 40k

>if he didn't do it means it's actually not possible

Not saying that Khorne one-shotting the entire universe just cause isn't dumb, but your logic's wonky there. I can turn on a power drill and dig into my internal organs with it, however, I don't. Does that mean it's impossible for someone to commit suicide by shoving one into their skull and banging their head against a wall repeatedly while shrieking autistically?

You should be impressed because that's just the prelude. It's not a show of power that's just Chaos pouring through the cracks left after the destruction of a set of pylons. This shock the whole multiverse. The real apocalypse has yet to come and there will be no recovery from it.

>Stuff from GW themselves places Tyranids and Chaos on more equal footing.

That's a lie. Chaos repeatedly said to be the greatest threat. Even in the WD you took the picture from you dishonest prick. The Tyranids are again and again said to pale before the threat of Chaos.

>BL are known Chaos wankers
They are not.
Guy Haley is a greenskin and nid fan.

ADB plays Blood Angels, IIRC.
Funny thing that you can't cite any.

>implying that isnt the catalyst of end times 40k
>implying best girl(male) hasnt been edging for eons for exactly this reason.

I said the Imperium matters, didn't really say they're going to win it. I mean, they're really important to both Tyranids and Chaos because they're a primary food source for both (though, the Tyranids might be eating more Orks than humans at this point.)

You are reaching tumblr level of fallacy and deception. Is is actually the power of your Stand ?

Goddamn look at the lies in that post.

Continued....

And here is the Chaos section from the same WD. What does it say, you dragon dildo loving fucks?

Pretty small cattle if I may.
And IF it's his cattle. And again IF he WOULD want to. And actualy COULD.

It's just so bitch-ass conditional.

I-I'm gonna need some futa and trap doujins now. I'll be back.

A non-argument alongside a non-evidence.

Where does it say Chaos Gods in that piece and where does it say anything about Gork and Mork being the most powerful?

>Nids
>A threat
Orks are going to beat the shit out of them, now and forever. Nids are in an eternal state of getting ZOGG'd, and rightly so. Bunch of faggoty flesh-suckers.

The Imperium has been nothing but winning since Guilliman showed up. This ain't your Daddy's Old Imperium anymore, we undisputably winning now.

>That's a lie. Chaos repeatedly said to be the greatest threat
Yeah, and it's repeatedly said the Tyranids can/will surpass them. No one is denying that Chaos isn't the biggest threat at the moment (or if they are, they're extremely ignorant) but Tyranids do have the possibility of supplanting Chaos. It's been said across multiple editions that the coming of the main force of the Hive Fleet would spell the doom for everyone else, and nothing could stand against them.
For example, Tyranids codex 8th edition, page 32
>The splintered fleets of Hive FLeet Kraken are regaining their strength as they feast on a bounty of worlds ill prepared to defend themselves whilst the galaxy looks to supposedly greater threats
The key word there being supposedly. As in, Chaos is only supposedly seen as the greater threat, but isn't.

Then again, you are Carnac, so not going to listen to this anyways, so not really sure why I'm still here.

>starving yourself to prove neets wrong
>thinking things you cant see dont exist
Peak aboo, user. I see you!

Shit. It was a troll all along.

>They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh.
Hey kids! Let's list all the Gods in 40k!

>frankly, quite terrifying
Hi, im ian mccollum. Today on forgotten weapons we're going to be taking a look at a sentient bioweapon from the 41st millenium.

No, you see 'Gods' is clearly a category separate to 'Chaos Gods'. Therefore, chaos gods undefeated!

>starving yourself to prove neets wrong

If they are playing 4D multi-dimensionnal kansei dorifto chess while being timeless and not giving a fuck about the materium in the milky way he'll supposedly not starve and actually shouldn't give a fuck.

>Yeah, and it's repeatedly said the Tyranids can/will surpass them.

Don't shift he goalpost. Again with the dishonesty with this guy. You said that GW puts them at an equal footing. This has never been the case. The Tyranids are always stated within the rulebooks to be lower than Chaos consistently for nearly every edition since Chaos was introduced. You lied Period.

>Tyranids do have the possibility of supplanting Chaos

So do the Necrons.
So do the Orks.

But that's not the point. The point is where we are now and where are we heading. It's the same thing since forever. The Tyranids are nothing to Chaos. That's putting aside the meta-knowledge that this will never happen.

>As in, Chaos is only supposedly seen as the greater threat, but isn't.

And that "suppose: is put to rest in other sources mentioning the Tyranids by name as being an inferior threat o Chaos.

Hey user, you gotta beat the Boyz before you hit the spiky gits, and you ain't beatin' the Boyz any time soon. So zog off, and leave the krumpin' to us.
In order of power;
>Mork
>Gork
>Mork
>POWER GAP
>Khorne
>I dunno, Nurgle I guess
>That nerd Tzeentch
>Cegorach
>Ynnead. Maybe. He might be Slaanesh.
>Slaanesh
>Mr Golden Corpse
>Isha
>POWER GAP
>Shittier Elf Khorne
>POWER GAP
>BIGGER POWER GAP
>The guys in Slaanesh's stomach
>Hive Mind
>Malice (Lol)

Countless gods and lesser deities that populate the Chaos Wastes/Abyss in the Realm of Chaos. Like Ans'l, Mo'rcck and Phraz-Etar.

>other sources
Are those other sources of newer publication than the Nid codex? If not, then New Publication trumps Old Publication. The older sources got retconned by the new book.

Yeah, but it just says "Gods"
That means all of them, sweetie.
Every
Single
One

Nope, the Chaos Gods are stated to the greatest and most powerful when the BRBs.

Gok and Mork are currently tied up with the swarms of daemons rushing them.

>Nope, the Chaos Gods are stated to the greatest and most powerful when the BRBs.

Citation Required? Ork guy clearly posted saying the canon source saying that the ork gods are unbeatable by other gods.

Yes, the Asuryani codex. Guess what it says about tyranids and how they rank before Chaos and the Great Rift.

And the Tyranid codexes doesn't even show them as the greatest threat.

Nope, that's not how language works.

>Gok and Mork are currently tied up with the swarms of daemons rushing them.
So you're going to fight the immortal representations of the race that perpetually grows stronger the more they fight, by bogging them down with easily slain fodder?
Truly that sounds like a plan worthy of Tzeentch.

Only Chaos Gork and ChaosMork. Cos' y'know... CHAOS!

The BRB.

The main rulebooks. Seriously, if you are a newfag please leave.

This line was repeated in literally every main rulebook since the Imperialis.

>by other gods.

But there is no proof that the Chaos Gods are included in this.

Clearly they are hoping that they'll get too big to move and just sorta lay there after a bit.

Nids are Old ones weapon to combat chaos. Chaos will win at the end as chaos is made out of emotion and creators of those beasts have emotions. Chaos can be suppressed but never truly conquered.

Dude... DUDE !!! That sounds like a shitty terrible plan unless... UNLESS ! It was an orkish plan all along ! Who could be the cunningly brilliant mastermind behind that ?!

>That feel when tzeentch was actually Mork all along