If hobbits and halflings in traditional medieval fantasy settings like to not wear shoes...

If hobbits and halflings in traditional medieval fantasy settings like to not wear shoes, then does that mean that hobbits in contemporary fantasy settings like to wear those shoes with the individually articulated toes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hob_(folklore)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Such as?

Reference Image

Probably more likely to wear flip-flops or sandals when they have to wear shoes at all.

Sandals.

I mean in whta settings don't halflings wear shoes?

Lord of the Rings. Personally I feel Hobbits/Halflings are underused, but I’m not into the bare feet thing.

They don't wear shoes because the soles of their feet are tough enough that they don't need shoes.

The real question is, do girl hobbits have large hairy feet too?

I think they'd just go barefoot by preference, unless the streets are filthy. hobbit districts never have filthy streets, or maybe in mixed-species areas they build elevated walkways when they're converting human buildings for hobbit use, so they don't have to share a crowded sidewalk with big people.

>The real question is, do girl hobbits have large hairy feet too?
They did in the movies.

Did they? The only one I can remember was the bartender that Sam marries, and I don't recall ever seeing her feet

I feel like city slickers would grow accustomed to wearing shoes like everyone else

We don't know jack shit about traditional Hobbits beyond that Michael Aislabie Denham mentioning the name on his list of fairies.

Pretty sure you could see an old woman's feet at Bilbo's birthday party. She was smoking a pipe(?) when some itty-bitty hobbitses ran by.

They're probably just Hobs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hob_(folklore)

Most of them.

Was there a Disability Rights Movement equivalent that lead to smallfolk-accessible infrastructure?

No one is talking about real world folklore you raging autist

They would wear no shoes.
Hot pavement, random glass shards, discarded syringes and lego pieces, they can deal with those since they do have thick feet.
It could even be somewhat of a social/fashion statement thing or a tradition or even religious thing, kinda like those dudes that do capoera and go barefoot everywhere, bhudist monks or crazy hippies.