Old

>old

"Hey, I want to try this in my game."
"Oh neat, here's some stats"
"Are you sure about those numbers? Let's discuss them."
"Don't forget these optional rules. They'll definitely make things more interesting"
"Gee whillikers, thanks, guys.

>new

"Hey, I want to try this in my-"
"Don't use that system, use my system instead"
"It would be fine with some optional-"
"Don't! Playing anything except a hypothetical pristine default version of a game is the worst thing you can do! Learn this other system from the ground up instead."
"That system sucks, use this system instead."
"But what about my system? It doesn't have the problems of his system."
"Yeah, but it has its own problems and those problems are worse."
"Hey, I just tried that game you recommended, and it's fucking shit. What is wrong with you fuckheads."

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/tg/search/image/VacvQoLt_0K5fw5tkn25SA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Play with better people.

This is bait.

While I agree to a degree that old Veeky Forums was better than today's Veeky Forums, I do not agree it is entirely to this measure.

Your post implies the conversation in the old part never happens, when it does actually enough, especially in the generals I have found. Sure there is enough of the stuff happening in the new area to cause alarm, but the old spirit has not left completely and doesn't look like it will be gone anytime soon.

>"Hey, I just tried that game you recommended, and it's fucking shit. What is wrong with you fuckheads."

Good, now you formed an impartial opinion about something.

And remember: Veeky Forums is not a fucking hivemind. We share some common grounds about our hobbies but that doesn't imply that we also share tastes and ideas.

Also grow it up: if we are passionate about something of course we'll be passionate when we expose it.

>implying the optional rules don't fuck up the whole game because of not fitting the game or breaking the system hardcore and rendering most of it unusable

Also you're a faggot, link related desuarchive.org/tg/search/image/VacvQoLt_0K5fw5tkn25SA/

>implying the optional rules don't fuck up the whole game because of not fitting the game or breaking the system hardcore and rendering most of it unusable

Why do you keep acting like games are so inflexible, and then wondering why people prefer to adapt the games they like rather than play alternate systems?

It's like you're a train conductor telling people they can only move back and forward and that they need to switch trains to get where they need to go, while you're talking to people with cars who are going in just about any direction they want to go.

I do think /tg has been less fun this past year

RPGs on the whole seem to have turned from "grab what we want and make a game" to "eat up all the publisher's stuff as if this was an MMO or MtG".

That's why so most people nowadays play the various editions of post-WoTC/Paizo D&D.

>if we are passionate about something of course we'll be passionate when we expose it.
Wafer-thin excuse for not being able to resist sperging.

That's literally 99.9% of Veeky Forums. I think you're in the wrong place. It's like complaining about lesbians on /u/.

>sperging
And that's a convenient excuse for thin skinned faggot like you to discard arguments.

>That's literally 99.9% of /tg
maybe that's a bad thing?

Be the change you want to see in the world. I consistently post on topic posts, often with OC, rule suggestions, lore concepts, and feedback to other users and it seems like half the time I get one or two halfhearted meme replies with the occasional random post deletion by a moderator for an on topic, safe for work post I have made.

Why? I don't know. But it can be pretty annoying.

But TL;DR- stop being a faggot who starts arguments or wants to post an edgy one liner at the start of a thread. Stop replying to shitty le sex and gender threads and learn how to actually create and understand game design. This board could be so much better. And no, saying you miss quests or you think old Veeky Forums was better doesn't change anything. Start acting instead of complaining.

Maybe it might have something to do with most of 3.5's UA being low quality and having rules that broke the game when implemented, or the countless examples of DMs implementing houserules without thinking them all the way through, or idiots using d20 for everything, but I'm sure your retarded ass is not going to understand why those are problems because you don't care about the mechanical side of the game.

>car crashes occur sometimes

Oh no, everyone should stay on the tracks out of fear, just so we can watch ugly train crashes instead.

Also, your opinion about 3,5's UA is really just your opinion, and it was all pretty easy to utilize and implement. In fact, just about any conceivable change can be done to any system with even just a basic "I-know-enough-to-play-it" understanding of it. Games are flexible like that.

You trying to fear monger about "countless examples of bad houserules" is ignoring the countless examples of good houserules, but I'm sure your retarded ass doesn't even appreciate that because you only care about system warring, rather than the games themselves.

I'm not that knowledgeable about Magic, but there's a striking resemblance between how WoTC handles MtG and D&D

>Also, your opinion about 3,5's UA is really just your opinion
Let's see about that.
>Defense bonus
Nobody has to spend money on +enhancement to armor, but this benefits arcane casters the most as they no longer have to buy twilight mithral armor. Bad rule, helps classes that don't need help more than it does the classes that do.
>Armor as DR
TWF and Monks get fucked as DR counters their more hits but less damage style of combat, 2H is better off than it was to begin with because Power Attacking the difference in AC overpowers the DR, PCs in general get fucked at high levels because monsters have long since shifted to one or two big hits by midgame. Bad rule, exacerbates trap options.
>Injury system
Slows the game down immensely, Clerics are now exactly as tough as Fighters in raw statistics, Druids are tougher once Wild Shape is available, Magic Missile is now a 23% chance of downing anything not immune to it, with Force Missile Mage and a Quickened Magic Missile spiking that up to 52%. Bad rule on every level.
>Vitality/Wound Points
Wound damage = fatigue is a chiefly anti-martial feature, 18-20 weapons are now absolutely better than anything else instead of being the tradeoff they used to be, lategame non-Gargantuan or higher enemies get instantly killed by falchion wielders so the game is even more rocket tag. Bad rule.
>3d6
Save or lose is now more powerful than before because it's harder to make a saving throw from a weak save and the Cleric's new domain abilities and spells are more powerful than what they replaced.
>Action points
The caster functions are by far the most powerful, it's not even a contest.

>all things that can be easily adjusted and accounted for

Because having to houserule variant rules because they fuck the game up due to poor design isn't proving my point.

This is a pretty fradulent level of autistic nitpicking. Calling it exaggeration would be an understatement.
3.5 is by no means a great system, but to be this terrified of making even modest changes to the rules makes me wonder how you can function as a human, since you only seem to see minor negative effects while ignoring major positive ones, with even most of your negatives being a matter of opinion in how or even if they are important.

>old
"Please post all quest threads on Veeky Forums."

>new
>"Threads involving role-playing, even ones that are clearly not quests, are moved to /qst/ or /trash/ unless our mod personally enjoys them"

He's a troll who hopes to utilize his autism.

In some fashion, it's actually commendable.
In other ways, like still beating that dead caster horse, it's really pathetic.

>old
Creating actual on-topic discussion.
>new
Going full-on nostalgia goggles and creating a meta thread to lambast the current state of Veeky Forums in order to attract attention without any effort of creating actual on-topic discussion.

Everything you said is wrong. Veeky Forums loves to act the hive-mind. Old is better, current edition is shit and unless you played 20+ years (this number grows) ago as an early generation looser then you can never contribute in a meaningful way.

I've never heard someone here say
>40k 8th edition has some good ideas
>5e is fine
>age of sigmarines does a few things well
>X system is obscure/unpopular for non normie reasons
No. This board has a right and wrongthink, there is nuance in there but you won't see it unless you're willing to dig through the autism to find it

And i still rest my case: you have a thin skin problem. Of course there will be a mojor vocal fanbase and of course there will be contrarians just for the sake of being ones, but that doesn't prevent you to expose and discuss your arguments.

In fact the problem here is you: have you tried to start threads of argoments that you like? Have you tried to be proactive about? Have you been resilient enough?

>I've never heard someone here say
>5e is fine
Lurk more