theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/its-the-week-before-christmas-and/
>Question: Mummies, how do they work?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Mummies in nwod are amnesiac bitch servants to lost gods. The more they remember their pasts, the less bitch servant they become. And they also lose the immense power their god blessed them with.

Interesting idea for a game, start out strong and weaken over the course of the story. I feel like nwod Mummy doesn’t give much freedom in game, unfortunately. It seems like the only structure you can follow is fetch quest with flashbacks.

Has anyone played a great game of Mummy?

Charms and Amulets require no rolls and are activated via a trigger - hung spells in physical form. The fomer being made in batches and the latter being rechargable.
Artifacts demand only a single success to get its specific effect across without any of the aforementioned drawbacks. A Rote taking on the appearance of an object, essentially.

Yeah. A prepared enough Archmage is going to be loaded with suicidal levels of Paradox in the shape of these gizmos.
Of course, the Archmage is going to be doing some extensive rituals of ungodly proportions to concoct these things beforehand.

I’d sacrifice my nutsack to never see a discussion about Mage rules ever again. Ascension is such a clusterfuck and Awakening is the lobotomized version

I don't really think Awakened is a bad game mechanically and it has some interesting rules.

Pretty weird. It also looked like another version of that nwod meta-myth about the world having once been whole, and then sundered, with the mummy masters (judges?) resembling exarchs.

Not trying to imply they're the same (supernal stuff isn't supposed to be other stuff) but rather that its sort of interesting how the games "rhyme" in such a fashion.

The fact that they start off strong sounds like they might be good for one shots or antagonists.

The only truly undesirable aspect surrounding Mage are its powergamers and the buttblasted vampfags it attracts.

Taking bets on when Geist 2e, Signs of Sorcery 2e and Contagion Chronicles will be out.

>Specifically, here is our Onyx Path crew relating their thoughts on what we could have done better. I have kept these brief, so you get the gist of the concerns, because we are going to unpack these and go into massively greater detail on them at our Onyx Path Summit after MidWinter next week.

>– Mike Chaney, art direction and layout: Exalted should have been put back on track sooner.

>– Matt McElroy, operations manager: We didn’t do enough convention support outside our attended cons. We need to give more help to smaller cons to enable more people to play our games at those cons.

>– Ian Watson, social media manager: Frustrated last year because professional standards meant not being able to rebut nasty comments online.

>– Eddy Webb, developer-at-large: In order to respond quicker and better to development issues with the books, we need developer replacement solutions like training and set procedures for when things go sideways.

>– Monica Valentinelli, developer and marketing consultant: Less focus in-house on discussing and planning for negative issues. We got through a negative year- focus on the positive!

>– Lisa Thomas, business manager: More clear communication with freelancers, particularly when and how they get paid and what info they need to provide to make sure that happens.

>– Rose Bailey, development producer: More stream of content for individual game lines needs to be planned out.

>– RichT: My niggling specific thing is that we were unable to get on-line gaming aids, like for Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, or HeroLab, out there in 2017 as an ongoing thing we create material for. We got onto Amazon, and put out our first App with the Onyx Dice Roller, but not the on-line gaming stuff. Grrr.

Geist 2e: 2020
Signs of Sorcery: 2024
Contagion Chronicles: 2030 (crossover rules are "mages take a -1 to casting in the presence of other supernaturals")

Poor Ian Watson.

Who was nasty to him and why?

Ahahaha. Every time I read that about Ian I have to laugh.

esp since his job is social media manager.

Is Reap the Whirlwind any good?

One thing I find exceedingly clever about DtD (presumably prounced DEET DEE DEE! to go along with WtF) is that while its clear that Unchained are NOT the other sorts of demons previously mentioned... there's usually no way of actually verifying that.

Like Inferno demons, they can lie perfectly, and can even pose as spirits or ghosts with largely foolproof cover identities, and can perfectly disguise themselves as different supernatural creatures to magical senses. That suggests to me that they have been thinking about demons for a long time; Inferno may have been made partially of scraps for a demon splat they've been kicking around for awhile, despite being radically different.

I ran a Mummy game for a couple years. I thought it was pretty great, natch. Mummies can actually persist quite a bit without fetch quests, especially with the whole Sothic turn thing and later material in Dark Eras around that.

Oh dang, I never thought of that before, that's hilarious.

Does anyone have Changing Ways?

RIP /wodg/

Killed by mage autists and vampire spergs

Play the game of "spot which person is obliquely ripping on Exalted" and win a prize of three years of Exalted fan tears.

The one that specifically calls it out doesn't count

Cant wait for roll20/fantasy grounds/herolab stuff for chronicles desu.

2025 cant get here soon enough

I hope this shithole burns. we fuckign deserve it

DON'T DIE

If you're talking about Eddy, it's not just Exalted, CofD had two major development issues last year.

Is there any particularly good trick for a demon to regain Aether? They seem to have the hardest time at recovering of any splat.

This thread is FANTASTIC. Mummy and demon talk, Onyx Path staff poking, some Mage discussion without the wank. Rather have a thread on life support than the same old “mage wins wahhhhhhh” for 250 posts.

Where the fuck is Wraith 20 and why has it taken so long? Does anyone plan on playing/running it? What are your Wraith ideas?

I tried getting a Geist/Wraith blend going in a water logged Miami setting. Inspired slightly by GTA Vice City, Silent Hill, Dark Water, and Blue Submarine No. 6. Sin Eater PCs manipulating Sin Eater, Wraith, and Cuban Voo Doo gangs. Fell apart after the first character was made, a generic PI/fixer with a fedora. I tried to streamline the rules and I botched it all up and turned my sex rp forum players off.

I dropped the new woof material on the forums from chris allen into a doc to put it all in one place for my use and its over 17000 words so far.

How long is a normal supplement? Are we going to get a whole books worth at this rate?

How is it fantastic? The second post is a blatant archmagefag post.

Just ignore mage/vamp posts unless they're actual discussions and not attempts to start shit. Easy.

I like ndemon and wraith but they feel right to me as NPCs. Wraiths especially -- I like them but its hard for me to really relate to them well due to them being focused on emotions to stay alive. But, then, I have never had a chance to play in a Wraith group so I dunno.

I would expect the big problem being that its unlikely an entire party will ALL want to have skinlands relevant powers or ALL have shadowlands relevant powers. But maybe that's why shadowguides are a thing.

Ironic. Aren't you the one who starts shit?

Anyone know of any good source materials/stories about North American First Nations/Aboriginal tribes and their relations to the occult? I want to run a chronicle that isn't so much about Camarilla vs Sabbat power wankery that has Kindred interacting with tribal chiefs and shamans but I don't want it to come across like a Redwood Cigarettes commercial.

How power was Gratiano?

Powerfull*

All I know are comic books. There’s a little First Nation occultism in Jason Aaron’s Scalped. Not much, but it’s in there.

There’s an Abo character in an early issue of Grant Morrison’s Invisibles.

Face it. This thread is fucking ruined.

Maybe we should make a containment thread for the vampfags and magefags so we can have actual discussion

What else is there to talk about you mewling quims?

What is this focus on emotion that Wraiths die without? Pathos? Fetters?

Based Yoda poster returns!

So why don't all mages have a pouch full of charms or amulets then - if you don't need to roll anything to win?

her bush makes me hard

So why is it that Onyx Path takes forever to release books?
Apparently most of the new changeling book is already written and just need artwork to finish it up. How does that take over a year?

Also, why is the artwork generally terrible compared to the amount of money they ask for in their kickstarters?

I think few reasons, Loss of manpower, a lot of people left onyx path. I also suspect the kickstarter golden age is vaning a little bit.

more than likely it has something to do with Paradox, I think they want 20th ed / 4th edition stuff to tone down. They don't want a competitor for 5th edition

personally I just want my wraith 20th desu

I can tell you with my group we love Demon's as PC's it's just hell to plan out god machine plots that involve multiple timelines or time travel so we tend to avoid those.

He is social media manager. His job is to read all the shit people say online and try to keep the forum a place of basic functionality. That's best case. Worst case people who aren't professional social media managers have IDEAS about how it should work and he turns into a propagandist without the tools to win or the resources to create.

>Where the fuck is Wraith 20 and why has it taken so long? Does anyone plan on playing/running it
I am so fucking hype for wraith. And intend to run a usurer's guild pathos-dealer who when it comes out.

passions

> Mechanically, ignoring unquantified abilities, Caine gets his face pushed in, the Unnamed is rolling 25+ dice on every spell, and can have 200 successes of combat spells up at once. He's got 10 dice to countermagic anything that targets him. Along with his eldritch horror, roll Willpower to not go mad combat form--
Right, first things first, the Unnamed's Arete is 10 so he is rolling 10 dice per turn for Effects (as opposed to the +25 you seemed to suggest) so long as he doesn't spend any point of his 20 Willpower points, which would grant him another roll per point to bolster his Effects.
If he burnt through all of his Willpower in a single turn that would confer him 200 dice, not 200 successes, that's a big difference.
His 10 dice of inherent Countermagick are said to apply only to Effects (that target him directly), Effect being a term for a True Magick spell, not the realm of Cainite disciplines.
>--The Unnamed's combat form is Strength 15 Dexterity 9 Stamina 20, and forces a Willpower roll, difficulty 9, 3 successes required to prevent the opponent from going stark raving mad. So if you're Willpower 10, you have about a 7% chance of not losing your mind just from him showing up.
Among the many powers that lowers the difficulty of Willpower rolls is a very easy Sadhanna ritual 1 (-2 difficulty) and Thaumaturgy's Focused Mind 5 (-2 difficulty), resisting the madness would be easy.

1/3

Making a case for Caine and ignoring unquantified abilities:

For physical combat:

30 Strenght (Strenght 10, Potence 10, 10 from Temporis' Combination Discipline Jackhammer Punch). Since he's able to add his Temporis rating to Potence he'd have at the very least 20 automatic successes on damage and 10 dice to roll.

30 Dexterity (Dexterity 10, Celerity 10, 10 from Celerity's Flower of Death), 20 extra actions every turn (10 from Celerity and 10 from Protean's Inward Focus)

20 Soaking (Stamina 10, Fortitude 10) Serpentis 3 ensures soaking can be rolled at difficulty 5, Protean 9 halves ALL damage rounded down, Protean 6 halves the damage further if the source are fists, claws, swords, firearms and explosives. Plenty of powers to make him able to soak aggravated with Stamina and Fortitude, likewise plenty of powers that render him either immune or capable of soaking fire at very low difficulties & sunlight (though sunlight only to an extent)

If he activated Dracul (Koldunic Sorcery) it suddenly becomes 20 automatic successes for damage and 30 Strength to be rolled, 30 Dexterity, 34 Soaking.

If he decided to go defensive mode retreating underground, using Visceratika's Bond with the Mountain his Soaking becomes 74, 84 if he activates Vicissitude's Cocoon ontop of it and 99 if he fleshcrafts his Strength and extra health levels from Dracul into more soak dice.

2/3

What the fuck are you doing? Do you enjoy ruining threads, you cunt fuck?

Fucking slit those wrists of yours. Drop this shit.

I'm going to be as bold to say that Caine would be immune to most magickal stuff thrown at him. How? Bardo's Banishing Sign of Thoth:
"This power can be used to “dodge” any incoming attack of a mystical nature, including any Disciplines that target the character (whether or not they actually inflict damage). Any successes the player rolls are subtracted from the successes on the attacker's roll."

Caine would have at the very least he'd have 30 dice (Dexterity 10, Celerity 10, Occult 10) to use Banishing Sign of Thoth that can be rolled as low as difficulty 3 (plenty of Discipline/blood magic powers to get such modifiers)

This is not even the best part. Clotho's Gift (Temporis 5) allows Caine to roll Intelligence + Occult at difficulty 7 (though again it can easily be brought down to 3 through Disciplines/other blood magic powers) with every success granting him an action "to activate Disciplines multiple times, even Disciplines that cannot be used more than once in a turn (such as Dominate or Thaumaturgy)", that's an average of 14 disciplines activation in a single turn.

If he used all those 14 activations on Banishing Sign of Thoth that's 420 dice rolled at difficulty 3 (with the appropriate modifiers) to thwart any magick thrown at him!

Wanna know another cool trick he could do? If he used the 13 extra actions from Clotho's Gift to activate Focused Mind 1, rolled at diff 3 he could average ~63 successes.

14th action is used to activate Temporis 8's Temporal Understanding, a dicepool of 83 rolled at diff. 3, each success converted into a temporary WP point that lasts for the scene. The best part? The extra WP can be spent on any roll and you can spend as many of them as you want in a single turn.

Wait until Clotho's Gift expires. Activate it again spending 50+ WP points. Have 50 extra actions for the next 5 turns. Profit.

All that is accomplished in a single turn.

Yes, canon V20 Temporis is broken. Still, rest in pieces Unnamed.

>being this buttblasted enough to bring it over
You're worse than the Magefags. You're probably some rancid fat ass sitting on a greasy chair foaming at the mouth.

TLDR the Archmage wins shut the fuck up and drop it.

still can't beat Prime 9 :^)

vampfags will never let it go

420 dice of countermagick rolled at diff 3 :>

>le forces 9
>create force of perfect anti-countermagick
>create forcs of 'kill all kindred'

What can they even do

spam the malkavian 'disbelieve' button?

>Entropy 10 Charm, I destroy the entire universe by farting

Further responses along this topic will be ignored.

You're eventually going to run into the "my unbeatable ability beats your unbeatable ability"

Nobody wins shit like this.

can wave his finger and throw 420 dice to unweave this force in a single turn :>

meanwhile it took the archmage an entire story to cast said Effect LOL

Sorry no. This force can't be countered.

You smell.

I suggest we report the sperg

>le forces 9
>create force of perfect mimicry
>turn self into Caine

You Lose meets You Lose

>meanwhile it took the archmage an entire story to cast said Effect LOL

Yeah. Throwing marbles of galaxy busting magics is so fucking hard.

Sorry buddy, Bardo 10 > Forces 9, and even if you had Forces 10... 420 > your meager 15 successes to create a new Force

Nah, the Archmage is now Caine. Have fun fighting a perfect mirror+1.

It really is. Masters of the Art says so

Yeah? Well too bad. That Arch-spell was used to create bucket of other Arch-spells. So sayeth the glory of Wonders.

Yes please, you do that and let Paradox make you into confetti, less archmages for Caine to concern himself with,

...Unless of course you're planning to make the Force of No Paradox then s'all good

Entropy 9 would enable the Unnamed to pursue the route of "I win".
Whether or not you interpret Caine being able to counter it is kind of irrelevant at that point.

A couple of the Arch Spheres ditch mechanic considerations in the long run.

Though why bring it up again? There's technically no answer to this. You're also killing the thread.

No (You) for you

>when magefags don't need walls of text to win

It's not really funny. He wrote *all* that, clearly knowing it was going to ruin the thread, maybe even /wodg/.

And why? Because of ego? Because his favourite character is losing?

It *is* still Christmas break, mind you.

I mean, Caine has (presumably) multiple disciplines at 10, which have the ability 'plot device'.
IE, whatever the ST wants to happen, happens. So, at this point, it's just an ST call based on what story they want the players to experience, because RAW caine does whatever the hell the ST wants him to.
If the ST wants caine to have the power of 'I beat the archmage' then he does that. If the ST doesn't, then he doesn't.

Can we move on now?

Ruin /wodg/ how? I'm new here

This. Both have the capability to run ST fiat or 'whatever goes', it's an impossible dilemma to answer correctly.

They're comparing an unmovavable object against an unstoppable force.

Archmage vs Caine has been going on for years, you horrid turd.

And this is probably the second worst case of it. This topic is -never- over. And you're just fueling the fire.

next up in owod dick:measuring.
Who wins, The Weaver or Oblivion? Remember to use their game stats to work it out!

This place used to have hundreds of posters. Now it rarely has over fifty thanks to conversations like these. Look up the archives. This have been going on for over a fucking year and your sperg posts have done nothing but further the stink of this shitfire.

Weaver is a Celestine, Oblivion is just some hole and probably merely the prison for the Fallen. Easy answer

Like holy fucking fuck. Caine is just a fucking vampire. The first vampire. He's never done anything universal like The Triat, Archmages, Angels or God. You're arguing mechanics over common fucking sense. How old are you? You run into lines like "perhaps a mage made existence" and you really have to think. You're only arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

nuh uh
oblivion exists outside of the metaphysics that Weaver's part of. It's a force external to the universe devouring it.
(prison for the fallen suggests that you're thinking of the Abyss, which exists at the entrance to Oblivion's maw, but is a different thing).

Demon the Fallen suggested Grandmother could just be Charon (the Halaku whom the famous wraith was namesake to) as he and some of his House were one of the few that escaped imprisoment in the Abyss. Possibly mutating into an alien creature that resembled an Earthbound. If that's the case then I'd wage the Weaver gets the better of it.

>If the ST wants caine to have the power of 'I beat the archmage' then he does that.
The magefags are arguing that Forces 9 does exactly this without the need for an ST. Which I suppose it does.

Or, I mean, you can say a powerful enough mage asceneds, in which case they're automatically more powerful than Caine. Surprised no magefag has ever brought this up.

yeah, but Grandmother isn't Oblivion, just a really big spectre.

what the fuck kind of game are you playing where you have PCs with 9 in a sphere?
good grief.

Chill my dude. And no Caine isn't "just" a vampire. He's one of the oldest individuals out there when it comes to has-been mortals, not only he invented the concepts of both murder and deception and thaught the Fallen it, the very first Paradox backlash is attributed to have been his doing when he killed Abel. Whom Lilith, supposedly the first mortal to Awaken (proto-archmage of the Wyck) and half-deity (said to have ascended as an Elohim in the Gehenna book) directly unlocked Caine's power, trying to Awaken him herself but the attempt botched because of the Curse and he became something else.

Three quarters of what you just said aren't even canon.

Furthermore, going by Fallen, anything that came about before it happened invented the first concept of the relevant instance.

That wasn't Caine who invented murder. It was the universe responding ot the horrendous act of killing Abel.

Obviously the storyteller decides what happens in the end, but it's still fun to examine the facts.

Caine is cursed, literally forced by God to wander the earth forever.

Divine > Arcane.

The end.

>Divine > Arcane

They're technically the same thing. But yes, the only thing stronger than the strongest of Archmages is OG God.

>but it's still fun to examine the facts
are you fucking sure about that.

Hopi mythology is probably the most directly useful for RPG world building of any US located tribe.

Passions, yeah. Its sort of awkward to imagine a character with that much intensity for me.

Oblivion. ONLY because Apocalypse claims if the Weaver wins, everyone dies.

Sort of silly that Apocalypse claims the Wyrm winning is more survivable than the Weaver winning (and likewise, more survivable than the FUCKING NEPHANDI winning in Ascension), but whatever.

Composite Vampire vs Composite Wizard

Who wins?

there are omnipotent magicians in fiction. Closest thing vampires have is Mandrakk.

What does "composite" mean in this context?

It seems to me there should be a merit or whatever in nwod that reflects having a Guardian Angel assigned to you. Would this just be Allies or what?

It's some retarded thing ComicVine (or SpaceBattles?) came up with. Every fictional vampire ever as one single individual, etc.

Ah I see. Does sound dunmb.

I'm not sure if we'll ever see an end to this.