Pic related has just ended in the far-future of the 41st Millenium and have begun to go about it's usual work...

Pic related has just ended in the far-future of the 41st Millenium and have begun to go about it's usual work. How do the various factions of the setting react?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HXR-Tlt4ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The game doesn't know how it's own universe would react, and half the stuff in the universe is vague asspulls with fancy names. Is this a bait topic?

Everyone but the Adeptus Mechanicus try to kill it.

When the Traveler came, all of humanity at the time were clamoring to understand just WHAT it was and what it was doing in the Sol System. Wouldn't even be surprised if they thought about attacking it even. It was only when they saw it turning planet's like Mercury and Venus into garden worlds that they came to accepting it as benevolent. It would likely do the exact same thing it has always done if it ended up in 40k, which is to uplift individual lifeforms to their highest potential and to nurture Life wherever it forms.

Given that that it seems to distribute scientific knowledge, the AdMech might declare it an singularly valuable relic of the Dark Age of Technology (possibly one designed to safeguard human scientific know-how in the event of a society-wide apocalypse).

they just sit and watch because they can't do anything. the Imperium isn't even the most technologically advanced culture in their own universe. they have no hope of effecting the Traveller.

It also distributes space magic. Of course, upon taking a cursory glance at how the Imperium usually reacts to ANYTHING "Magical", it might hold itself back from introducing them to the power of the Light.

The Imperium is so xenophobic and destructive that they would try to destroy it. The only species that has a chance of making use of the Traveler's gifts are the Tau. Everyone else is fucked.

>Tau
>not Eldar

naive child

>The race who quite literally fucked a demon God of cosmic Evil into existence all thanks to their combined levels of raw hedonism and revolting practices
>Being allowed even the slightest amount of the Traveler's power
>Ever

>018.M3
>claiming that any other then Craftworld Eldar could properly handle turning wordls into paradises

Once it starts making Space Marine guardians, are they double space marines?

Most factions wont't really "react" its just how they adapt and most become killers

Which is cool in my book but most people will just make a kingdom or new goverment.

Why should it matter to other people? I want to know

The Traveller uses The Impulse to create The Defenders who can use The Energy against The Foreboding. Be sure to read about this in
The Athenaeum, as it is not accessible in game. Available as DLC now!

If it starts making Space Marines into Guardians, then they won't be Space Marines any longer. They'll just be Guadians.

I know jack about Destiny fluff, but based in what I know:

>Imperium will try to kill it, some Admech may try to use it to their benefit.
>Chaos want to corrupt it. May enter in a scrap with the Darkness on who can have a go with it.
>Craftworld eldar will consult the fates on what that thing can help them and then act bases in what they saw.
>Orks want to loot it.
>Tau want to let it join the Greater Good.
>Dark Eldar want to steal and see if their tortures work in it.
>Oldcrons want to destroy it. Newcrons want it to piss off.
>Tyranids want to eat it.
>Whatever race is blessed by it will use its new powers to try to kill all of the above.

>The Darkness laughs as all of the factions tear themselves apart trying to dominate/destroy the Traveler
>All according to the Logic Of The Blade

The Travler is a big dumb object that does jack all beyond hover
Humanity studying it (what its made of, its power siurce, how it hovers, etc.) is what lead to the Golden Age. It was all man, baby. As things go, man grew proud and got sneak attacked by the Hive and then the Fallen, Vex, and Legion showed up. All the bullshit about light and darkness is just made up "religion" to help explain things now that mankind is dumb again.

Imperium
>"War of the beast flashbacks intensify"
craftworld eldar
>"oh bollocks, not ANOTHER pan-galactic all consuming threat"
orks
>"...someone get me the mek boyz, I 'ave an idea"
necrons
>"its like a miniature world engine, how quaint"
tau
>"JOIN US, NOBLE HIVE"
dark eldar
>"These wretched creatures think they can get away with calling themselves the kabal? this will not stand"
ynnari
>"The ghost of my species collective unconsiousness is telling me to kill things! FOR YNNEAD"
harlequins
youtube.com/watch?v=7HXR-Tlt4ig
tyranids
>"oh fuck it caught up"
chaos
>"just what we need, ANOTHER upstart"

did I miss anyone?

then how do you explain the constantly resurrecting magical space wizards running around throwing color coded magic explosions?

>tyranids
>"oh fuck it caught up"
The thought of the Traveler directly hounding the Tyranids across the gulf of space is funny to me. Kinda like a reverse of the situation the Traveler itself is in.

Is the Indiana Jones Fight or Flight response:
Always run away from big round things rolling in your direction or the adventure will be very short.

>I have never played Destiny

destiny is shit

Technology is already magic to most people.

It wakes up big E and he's mad

I'm unsure which setting you're referring to

Blow it up

also back to /v/

They really need to figure out the size of this bitch. He’s so big he can be seen from space. In game, you can see his entire body barely pop out from the mountains.

>Implying that Alpha Lupi can't take any shape or size it damn well pleases
Oh how naive you are, o' bearer mine.

Goddamn, I wish Destiny actually looked like that. It's like Borderlands, but... good.

>o' bearer mine

What (sub)class does he become?

>how do you explain the constantly resurrecting magical space wizards running around throwing color coded magic explosions
That was mankinds last great creation and the social upheaval caused by the possibility of mass immortality fractured humanity enough to get wrecked by aliens

I played the bad one and not the worse one; fuck Bungie now and forever though

>That was mankinds last great creation and the social upheaval caused by the possibility of mass immortality fractured humanity enough to get wrecked by aliens
Humanity NEVER achieved the level of tech to create Ghosts. Never. Not even with the advanced tech that the Traveler gave them could they truly synthesize and replicate it's tech. Not did humanity get "wrecked by aliens". The Darkness was the thing that tore the Golden Age apart, and nearly drove humanity to the brink of annihilation. The other alien races only started their direct assaults after that fiasco.

that, uh, looks pretty Vex-y, Black Garden-y to me. Do you think this is intentional?

>It also distributes space magic.
Only as a last ditch effort because one really fucking angry, possibly insane Russian AI refused to let it abandon humanity.

Dawnblade, of course.
He was always one.

>Being worst subclass in worst Destiny
More like sunbro from d1

If he was a Sunsinger, why hasn't he self-res'd?
Don't tell me the Emperor was that retard who popped ult before he died.

Probably some kinda Titan because he was a huge retard that died ignobly like most Titans.

>Humanity NEVER achieved the level of tech to create Ghosts. Never.
They why are humans+ the only species that have them?
>The Darkness was the thing that tore the Golden Age apart, and nearly drove humanity to the brink of annihilation.
The Darkness is just a metaphor for hubris.

>Warlocks
>Ever being bros

Because the Traveler is a fag who abandons any race right as the darkness comes to destroy them. See the Fallen, they once lived under the Traveler and it abandoned them when shit hit the fan. Also possibly, but Bungie will have to figure out what the fuck they want the darkness to actually be. At least they finally admitted they had no fucking clue where they were going with that plot idea.

>Then why are humans+ the only species that have them?
Because the Traveller never had to stand fight before, dumbass. This is Destiny lore 101.

>The Darkness is just a metaphor for hubris
>what are the Taken
>what is the Heart of the Black Garden
>what is the stuff that attacks Cayde-6 in his memories

Its well documented that in earlier drafts of the story the Traveller would end up the bad guy, and the Black Garden was inside it. But after that was changed the concept of the BG was adapted to fit the Vex and placed on Mars.

Though given how their greatest experiment is a garded, how Nessus is covered with trees, the fact they conquered Mercury (constantly described as a garden world) first, and settled on Io (last place Traveller terraformed) and Venus (covered in Jungle), I'd say the Vex are trying to create life of some sort.

The Traveller is what Terraformed all the other planets. In 2 ambient dialogue over the speakers in the remains of the GOlden Age Titan Arcology talks about people wondering what planet or moon it will change next, so its pretty clear the Traveller was actively doing things until the Darkness (which I highly doubt is made up with the existence of things like the Taken) showed up.

So..what the fuck are The Nine?

can we get a vidya of the books of sorrow? I want to play as a cute loli alien destroying the universe

>They why are humans+ the only species that have them?
See

9 guardian-less ghosts that ventured outside the solar system, got raped by the darkness giving them superpowers then chilling around the jovians doing silly shit all day, occasionally helping or hampering us because they're mini-gods.

>Muh Darkness chasing le magic orb ex-except for when it decided to fight back

If the Travler is the big good like they say why was it running away? Except for the time it didnt. Because nothing is chasing it.
Its, for the most part, an Uplift and Observation probe. Go where no Giant White Ball has gone before, find new life, let the natitives study you, see what happens, then move on. The problem is most races, being dumb, start to worship the Travler and lose their shit when it decides to leave. Why are we unworthy etc.? And they fall apart. See for example the Fallen. If there was a Darkness it would have wiped them out when they "lost the light".

>what are the Taken
ayys tainted by The Upside Down
>what is the Heart of the Black Garden
Behold a satan! You have no idea what it is so it might as well be the Darkness as opposed to some other unfathomable Vex construct
>what is the stuff that attacks Cayde-6 in his memories
Guilt over being a robohomo

The most solid piece of lore suggests they are a cabal (with a small 'c') of Ghosts who went out into the dark of space and found 'Nothing'. What their eventual goal is, if any, is unknown.

Except that the traveller fucked earth by attracting every significant military force in the galaxy to the Sol system. Assuming the same thing happens in 40k it’d be Khorne’s wet dream.

From a Ghost fragment covering the theories:

>NINE

>The Nine are survivors of the cis-Jovian colonies who made a compact with an alien force to ensure their own survival.

>The Nine are deep-orbit warminds who weathered the Collapse in hardened stealth platforms.

>The Nine are ancient leviathan intelligences from the seas of Europa or the hydrocarbon pits of Titan.

>The Nine arrived in a mysterious transmission from the direction of the Corona-Borealis supercluster.

>The Nine are the firstborn Awoken and their minds now race down the field lines of the Jupiter-Io flux tube.

>The Nine are Ghosts who pierced the Deep Black without a ship and meditated on the hissing silence of the heliopause.

>The Nine are the aspects of the Darkness, broken by the Traveler's rebuke, working to destroy us from within.

>The Nine is a viral language of pure meaning.

>The Nine are the shadows left by the annihilation of a transcendent shape, burned into the weft of what is.

Given the appearance of The Emmisary a relation to the Awoken is likely, but at the same time it might also be a 'mask' to make them more palatable to the Guardians, considering Xur looks pretty different and has visible elements which could connect him to the Darkness.

How do I unsubscribe from this /v/ subreddit?

There's no indication at all that the Traveler was intending to abandon Humanity when The Darkness finally came around. In fact, all signs point to the Traveler deciding to finally stand it's ground against it's aeons-old foe, having found Humanity to be worth the risk in protecting and saving, a means of redeeming itself for all of its past failures. You can see what that decision ended up doing to it. Also, we can NOT trust Rasputin at his word whatsoever. The guy's certifiably insane, seemingly hates absolutely EVERYONE, and has shown signs that he plans to side with The Darkness, seeing it as "the most logical path". Rasputin is about as trustworthy as fucking Tzeentch at this point.

>If the Travler is the big good
It's not, it's the Big Neutral, doing what it does for it's own sake.

>ayys tainted by The Upside Down
Upside Down being the Darkness

> might as well be the Darkness as opposed to some other unfathomable Vex construct
Completely ignoring the fact that it looks exactly like a Taken rift. I suppose you just think it's a coincidence that the two objects that are most in tune with the Darkness look almost identical?
Also, since when did the Vex make anything that wasn't brass, stone, crystal or white goop?

You can start by shooting yourself in the head with a 12-gauge. Trust us, bearer ours.

>There's no indication at all that the Traveler was intending to abandon Humanity
Given how it treated the Fallen? It's entirely likely.
>Rasputin plans to side with the Darkness
Seeing as he fucking hates the Taken for interrupting his sanctum, that's highly unlikely. Charlemagne maybe, but not Rasputin.

It will be interesting to see more of the Warminds in Gods of Mars, especially since Charlamange will apparently be the hostile force you have to rescue Rasputin from. They're a really interesting concept and its pretty disappointing the one on Io ended up as just another computer you had to defend enemies from.

Though I'm sure the expansion will just end up an excuse to reuse the SIVA stuff they already have.

I don't think we know much about Charlemagne yet. Was it confirmed that the music-playing AI on Io was him or Rasputin?

Also, the Taken and Hive aren't really Darkness, they're just followers. We still don't know who the Darkness really is aside from that they're probably the space pyramids.

>They're a really interesting concept and its pretty disappointing the one on Io ended up as just another computer you had to defend enemies from.
That was just a shell, but Rasputin does show up in a random adventure to tell you to stop trying to find him

>Given how it treated the Fallen? It's entirely likely.
It's heavily implied in both it's own main grimoire cards and the Dreams Of Alpha Lupi that the Traveler had finally "grown tired of running away", and that it would make Earth the place where it would make it's stand. The fact that it was crushed utterly from that confrontation seriously points to just WHY the Traveler ran away whenever the Darkness came upon it before.

>Seeing as he fucking hates the Taken for interrupting his sanctum, that's highly unlikely. Charlemagne maybe, but not Rasputin.
In one of his Grimoire Cards, Rasputin genuinely starts speculating that the Path Of War, the Path Of The Blade, is the only true path to go down. Whilst he certainly doesn't seem to be entirely compromised (Yet), it's clear that The Darkness fucked him up when it entered the system.

>Charlamange will apparently be the hostile force you have to rescue Rasputin from
source

PSN accidentally put up the description for it ahead of time. Similarly Curse of Osiris was revealed by the XBOX store screwing up.

Yeah except for a giant gaping hole conveniently pointed at earth where a pissed off war mind could have easily launched an attack to force it's hand. Then again this all moot because even Bungie doesn't know what the fuck it's doing with this lore and just making it up as they go.

>Warminds

At fucking LAST.

Warminds and the Fallen are the only reason I pay attention to Destiny now that they don't even have new grimoire shit for 2.

I liked it more when the theory was Rasputin Anal Annihilated The Traveler to force it to stay and fight. The idea of ducking the "humanity/earth is the chosen race/planet!" cliche and making it more of a no-choice scenario for the Traveler was more appealing to me.

Its interesting to see whats happening with the Fallen, given they're seemingly uniting and the culture is shifting, such as letting the Dregs grow their arms back. It helps they were probably the most original race to begin with (Hive are the Flood + fantasy elements, The Cabal are alien Space Marines [huge soldiers of the God Emperor divided into brightly coloured legions with 'Noun Verber' names], Vex are Robots + Time Travel and the Taken are a mix of the above.)

That is both hilarious and aggravating because someone fucked up hard and because
>Muh spoilers

Wait, it didn't?
Then why the fuck does Rasputin exist? He's pretty fucking pointless otherwise

I think the current thinking is that the Traveller was legitimately going to stay, but Rasputin thought it was going to book it so took action.

And Rasputin also serves as a link to the Golden Age and a reason for SIVA being around.

What would be a good RPG system for Destiny?

Also who else is hyped for the lore going to be introduced in Gods of Mars?

People are throwing around the idea of Genesys, which seems like a good bet.

However the hurdle to overcome is how many 'video-gamey' elements are built into the lore which aren't immediately suited to tabletop RPGs, such as infinite respawns, supers, etc.

I wonder if this is that old leaked "Forge of Gods" DLC.

>ana bray is alive
It seems even the second death isn't permanent.

the infinite respawns is in lore due to the ghost, but the ghost can get destroyed even in non darkness areas, but its tough because of the prevalance of the light. for bosses, they emit such darkness the ghost cant survive without the guardian and just flat out dies.
Guardian "death" would be under those two circumstances. either die on a boss or in the normal areas if an enemy can manage to destroy the ghost.
supers would be reasonable as something that can be used maybe once per encounter or a few times per session maybe.
idk enough about genesys to say much, but the basics are certainly there.

May well be, since ideas have ended up shunted back significantly in Destiny before. Such as the Dreadnought from Taken King and the Reef being visible in some of the first trailers for the original game.

did you also buy no mans sky?

They've been implying for a long while that her death was greatly exaggerated

"O BEARER MINE." What kind of talking skull would address its host that way? A stiff, stuck-up old fossil, not me. Ahamkara: the illusion that one's ego depends on an object, or an idea, or a body. Some people say you should have no ahamkara. Some people say you need to have the right ahamkara. All I know is that YOU are not an illusion. Understand? This world around you, the people you meet—they're a little thin, right? Cardboard and drywall. Cheap theater. Come on, try it out! Say: “I am more real than this.” Feels good, doesn't it? “I am the only real person here.” Isn't it like their insults and their bullets just went a little... soft? I came to find you, only you, because you're special. You're from somewhere real. And together we can burn our way back there. Can't we, o poster mine?

The Nine list Nine possibilities, and from our interactions with them, we already see three of them in front of us, plus evidence of a few more.

I think the Nine are a group made up of all these things, or possible that and a bit more.

I think 4e would be a good fit...except, that is, for the shooting.

You could always run it as Destiny with swords.

>It seems even the second death isn't permanent.
>"Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated."
>"And disturbingly drawn out."

>You could always run it as Destiny with swords.
All sword runs are some of the most fun strikes I've had.

Except isn't what every single military force that isn't (sometimes) Imperial citizenry is already trying to do?

I'd actually have to say that 40k and Destiny are incompatible. Their tones are very different, radically so, and their aesthetics are... Similar in some respects, but all jumbled around. But the biggest sticking point is the Emperor and the Traveller; two focal points of the setting that share some similar themes, but are also very different in nature. Two such focal points in the same setting would fuck it up.

But just flat out denying and shitposting is unproductive and only serves to highlight a lack of vision in the poster. So I propose the alternative. Instead of one giving way to the other, they have to come to a compromise in worldbuilding so that both themes can express themselves. The Emperor and the Traveller have to merge somehow.

How this happens? I don't know. Maybe some Resurrectionist Inquisitors finally figured they'd found the perfect way to revive the Emperor in the Traveller and the Light it carries. Through some means, the Traveller is coaxed to Earth, and the Light and Emperor are suffused or mantled or merged, and the result is that the Emperor has perhaps become a component of the Light or perhaps just become a part of it. So now the Traveller hangs just above the Golden Throne, and the Astronomicon continues to be powered. Maybe this has a weird effect on Astropaths, like they come back from the dead sometimes or something. Maybe they become the new Guardians? Space Marines would draw a small portion of the Light's paracausal power, given their distant relation to the Emperor. The Primarchs much more so. Actually, a few of the Primarchs might actually revive as a direct result of it.

Thing is, The Traveler would never choose the Emperor. He already made deals with Ahamkara to gain the knowledge and power to create the Primarchs and attain more power.

Infinite time lines. In one the Emperor was but a man. In another he was a giant disco ball that gave out magic powers.

Then maybe it's not choosing a champion so much as retiring a God. It's been thought that the Traveller is either an ontoformer and/or a God-incubator. It's possible the Emperor is just so much raw material, or a component for godhood, to be subsumed into whatever it is the Traveller is incubating: the Light. Besides, Guardians have made deals with Ahamkara before and still had all the faculties of their Light.

Of course, the Emperor himself would have to consent to such a merge. Perhaps he and the Traveller can converse on a level only gods can, and the Emperor sees a big opportunity to evolve out of the rut he's stuck himself and humanity into.

He'd likely be decimated by the Traveler's full attention/awakening the same way Ghaul was.

In fact, Emps is nothing more than a psionically boosted Ghaul. He'd be shit all over and then his corpse danced upon by Guardians. If it was D1 then maybe his obnoxious pauldrons would be a Titan drop for his Strike. Maybe his flaming sword too.

Now I want a picture of the Emperor going full on Saturday Night Fever with the Traveler being his disco ball.

>40k and Destiny are incompatible.

One was written before Reddit.

Too bad Emps is directly antithetical to Big T

Ghaul tried to take the Light. Light doesn't destroy those who are reborn under it. Light seems to require death for some reason, or death that brings a change. Ghaul wanted the Light, but was unwilling to change his aims or die for it. Ultimately, all of his actions were antithetical to everything we've known the Traveller to foster. Ghaul was it that he was undone because his entire being was built antithetical to the power he tried to take, and when it woke up he was unwritten because he stood as a beacon of the Light's antithesis under the Light itself.

What does that even mean?

It would immediately summon a billion demons that rape everyone at once because that's how things work in 40k.

Felwinter shotgunned some dude's ghost before he could revive. Kill the ghost, guardian's toast.

>X in 40K thread
>is this bait?
yes