MaRo on why so many Ixalan pirates are female

>"What's with all the pirates being female?"

>"We aim for there being an overall mix of males and females in card illustrations in a set at 50/50. That means it’s possible for some subsets to lean one way or other other."

>"Interestingly, when it leans towards females, I often get the question, “Why so many females?” Yet when it leans towards males, no one ever asks."

Literally no reason to be angry anymore, Veeky Forums. Magic just got with the times.

S: His blog.

Look, I agree with you. I really do. But no only this is nothing new, the only reason you're posting this thread is to provoke outrage.

What was the irl ratio of male to female pirates?

That just sounds like code for "lady pirates give me a boner," which would be a much more acceptable answer.

What was the irl ratio of male planeswalkers to female planeswalkers?

What's the irl ratio of fantastic creatures to non-fantastic beings?

We do not need two fucking threads for this

Elvis and Michael Jackson would make it 1.5 : 0.5

>Not just having the answer be "booty"
smhtbhfamalam

If I wanted to know this I would ask in /x/

I really hope magic goes down the drain. Not only will there be no more threads, I won't have to read about social justice in a fucking card game.

>"Yet when it leans towards males, no one ever asks."
Yeah except for the tens of thousands of angry feminists who pushed for this "muh representation" shit in the first place

>No one asks why when something is overwhelmingly male
Like Space Marines, competitive sports, STEM fields, video game protagonists and actually accomplished national leaders.

Oh wait they do, for fictional, non fictional, relevant and irrelevant things. Interesting, americans and euros really did a number on themselves, christ.

>We do not need two fucking threads for this
But how else are we going to be redpilled?

Or whatever /pol/ is calling it this week. Anti-soy'd?

I'm surprised nobody's started using the term soygoy yet.

I saw it posted on reddit or something once that Maro, in less public forums, actually has quite a foul mouth. Thats funny as fuck to imagine. I guess you can't be as loud as he is and not have a proclivity for yelling "HOLY SHIT!" at the top of your lungs sometimes.

Honestly I don't even mind the female pirates, or the fact that they're adding them to make a specific group happy. I just find it stupid that they're feigning ignorance and pretending that the fans are the ones "in the wrong" for noticing a change in a product that's been running for decades.

It's the sneering that got to me. I'm strongly in favor of all groups of humans being represented in Magic. I'm not in favor of bad stories, bad art, lazy ideas, and being insulted, and I really don't appreciate being told to shut up and deal with it either.

Why no LGBT-walker yet? Or Jace is gay boy?

>Why no LGBT-walker yet? Or Jace is gay boy?
There are three MtG bait threads up at the moment. The trolls are replying as fast as they can!

Sage, report, hide.
Thank you for helping keep Veeky Forums clean.

They're going to run MTG into the ground just like Marvel.

You can't run a company by pandering to people who do not and will not by your product and live to be perpetually displeased.