How would you make an adventuring party with four physically disabled characters work in DnD 4e?

How would you make an adventuring party with four physically disabled characters work in DnD 4e?

Physical handicaps have no rules representation, so it would work exactly like any 4e game.

Disabilities are literally just fluff and aesthetics in 4e.

Wow, that is some atrocious "art".

I wish there was a law that people would have to learn how to draw anime from looking at actual people, instead of learning how to draw anime by looking at anime.

Found the DIRTY POWERGAMER. I bet your blind guy can hear a mouse fart at the other end of a field.

Do bears learn to shit in the wood by looking at shits? No, bears learn to shit in the wood by looking at bears shitting in the wood.

Do like they did in Avatar.

Toph is blind,
Sokka is a congenital dumbass,
Aang is a manlet,
And Kitara is a woman.

What if you wanted to make, say, a wizard based on Stephen Hawking? How do you make that character work?

Everyone's missing one toe.

One armed swordsman/woman, who only fights with a one armed weapon. I loved one armed swordsman.
Mute who communicates with telepathy and sign language.
Blind person who's built themselves to be able to use their other senses for perception and things - or a monster race with blindsight.
Guy missing a leg has a prosthesis. No special build or anything, they just have a prosthesis.

Well, you could have them start with a magic hovering wheelchair and a voice synthesiser?

4e is a game which assumes competence on the part of its characters, so you're not going to find a way, RAW, to have them all suffering massive penalties for various things. Although I'm not sure why you would.

You play him as normal because, as stated before, that sort of thing has no rules representation. It's just fluff.

What if it's intentionally stylised? Realism isn't something with absolute value, it's about how much it fits the context.

>Guy missing a leg has a prosthesis. No special build or anything, they just have a prosthesis.
guy missing a leg has a BADASS MOUNT

Find Golem rules that allow casting

I laughed harder than I should have at this.

>so you're not going to find a way, RAW, to have them all suffering massive penalties for various things.
A perpetual circumstantial penalty. DONE.

>I wish people trying to mimic a particular medium didn't reference the medium they're mimicking

Also this

Found the threeaboo whose only experience with 4e is the game he made up in his head where the DM didn't let him axe a door down.

That sounds pretty shitty

Have him cruise around on tenser's floating disk

Uh, what? I like 4e. It doesn't do that kind of granular permanent penalty thing, because it's not in genre for the kind of story it's designed to tell.

>How would you make an adventuring party with four physically disabled characters work in DnD 4e?
You need five

>Uh
Kill yourself
>I like 4e
No you don't.
>It doesn't do tha-
Shut the fuck up, rulecuck. There's this thing called the Dungeon Master who can outright say "The ant bites you and you vomit rats, choking you to death. The commoner nearby gets 5000 experience".

Restrict feats/max rolls based on the type of disability so the characters can focus on other things to make up for the disability. For instance a person with one eye isn't going to be able to pick up many ranged feats.

Discuss this with players first & be open about the restrictions. Unless the players want it just assume the characters can handle themselves doing mundane things for the most part

This.
The Big Damn Hero narrative of the game means that even if the pc is a cripple or deformed in some way, it doesn't impact them because they learned how to cope and excel in spite of, or because of, their deformity.

What about hundred?

So you're saying the artist wasn't attempting to actually draw a woman and was just pretending to be retarded?

Tenser's Floating Disk. Magic Mouth.
Done.

Does it have no system for flaws?

4e kicks the shit out of you if you try to be a "big damn hero" though. It outright demands teamwork under pain of 0HP

No, because as mentioned, that's not the kind of storytelling it's going for. You can roleplay them, but it has no mechanics for it.

Which is why I'd say 'Big Damn Heroes' is the better way of putting it. As a team, you can kick unending amounts of ass.

Here you go.

If you really wanted to put in rules for it, isn't it just as simply as no movement speed, inability to hold shit, inability to speak? He'd want an implement you only need to wear, not wield. A raven or parrot familiar would let him relay speech. Hell, he could use Familiar Mount to get around, riding his giant raven familiar and speaking through it, being careful to stay out of range in combat.

This is why I've never understood movement speed penalties as a thing.

Mundane mounts (not the class feature kind) are like, 10g.
Anywhere you can't ride the horse/mastiff you can probably move at your leisure.
For the rare cases otherwise, give someone in the party a wand of longstrider.

A rogue on a mount is a better monk.

>involving rule 0 for bullshit

Have fun when your players invoke rule -1, "You're not a DM without players"

Don't feed the troll user. They're so ridiculously blatant they didn't deserve the response.

You're a TEAM of big damn heroes.
You don't see Cap trying to do everything on his own, he needs the rest of the Avengers.

Wow it's almost as if you never played in an actual game. Did you only play at PFS or something where any deviance from the rules gets you banned for being unfair?

OP here, here's the deal:

The rogue had both hands cut off as punishment for theft, but keeps on rogue-ing. How?
The fighter is a former gladiator without legs. Uses leg prostheses, pegs, whatever.
The cleric is paralyzed from the hips down, but the armour has leg braces integrated in the legs. Weaponized crutches/canes? Does that work for a cleric?
The wizard is paralyzed from the shoulders down. No feeling or movement from the armpits down, limited function in arms and hands. Tenser's Floating Disc seems like a must, but is it enough?

I mean, work with the GM to come up with how it's not a problem most of the time?

>The rogue had both hands cut off as punishment for theft, but keeps on rogue-ing. How?
Con artist.

The wizard could use cantrips for everyday tasks? Mage Hand, Prestidigitation?

Yeah...just rip off some warforged bits later and get cleric to attach them.

>not knife hands

Two of these and your cleric is good to go.

Smart thinking. You don't need Dex if you're a Con artist.

Honestly, if I wanted to play around everyday plight of the disabled, I'd rather roll that with Maid RPG. Cripplemaids have all the potential for cuteness, drama and shenanigans.

>knife hands
Well, "Lazy Warlord" is iconic 4e archetype

Badass ways of overcoming their disabilities. Prosthetics with integrated weapons, seeing-eye leopards, mechanical ear horns, special gnomish seeing eye made from a jewel.

How fucking retarded is a bear that it needs to be taught to shit in the woods?
It lives in the woods, all it needs to do is shit, can it not manage that?
How does it know to breathe?

I know rule -1 is real because I've had games end due to it, both DMed and played. I learned that lesson early in my tabletop career.

My very first DnD character was a mute necromancer who died first session because Lawful stupid party members and also I'm retarded and decided to turn their friend's corpse into a bloody Skeleton familiar right in front of them.

My second character was a one armed Goliath Eldritch Knight who, thanks to DM fiat, could use a greatsword one handed. He was the only character out of 20 in a massive campaign that never died.

Haven't played a blind character, might try that next.

So I can still swing a greatsword around even if my character is missing an arm?

>no meter-maid
what a let down

If your DM isn't a massive cuck, he'll let you since, you know, you're handicapping yourself.

Counter Point: a 10 gp donkey is skittish, likely to bolt, and isn't combat trained and a 200 gp warhorse is likely to get shot out from underneath you..

I mean, I assume it would work like most D&D games.

Since most of the characters in a party are usually mentally handicapped too.

By not inserting your magical realm to the game nor this board cunt

Wrongo

Why is her boob cut up like that?

>Sokka is a dumbass
i beg to differ, that kid pretty much kickstarted the industrial revolution in the rest of the world

Give them prosthesis. Problem solved.

>If I play a completely blind guy he can read and write just fine because there are no rules representation for it :)
You are retarded. If you played a one-armed man I would outright disallow you dual-wielding, and kick you from the game when you inevitably bitch about it

Because they got in the way when her arm got chopped off, duh.

Did you somehow miss the missing arm?

He's got a mouth hasn't he? Just can't talk and dual wield at the same time.

>is likely to get shot out from underneath you.
There are feats for that

Why stop at two?

>If I play a completely blind guy he can read and write just fine because there are no rules representation for it :)

I'd ok it as a gm if it was used as a humorous character trait rather than for power gaming. I think that's the key difference for disabilities, they need to be meaningful in some way.

Aang is 12 and grows to be super tall.
Also Sokka is chad as fuck.

Don't you talk shit about Sokka

Roronoa Zoro does it. According to Oda, he speaks WITH HIS HEART

he said physically not mentally.

Not sure, but it could be fun.

I'd even go as far as to allow it if he can cast something like Mage Hand or Unseen servant and just say his other "hand" is the focus he spends on moving a sword with that (which is the same amount as if he actually had a second arm, so he couldn1t triple-wield this way).