Do "Holy" (Emperor blessed) power in 40k feel different than normal psyker abilities or chaos influence?

Do "Holy" (Emperor blessed) power in 40k feel different than normal psyker abilities or chaos influence?

Could a custodes or inquisitor who spends enough time on Terra recognize the distinct feeling of the Emperor's psychic power as opposed to anyone elses, and know that this is literally blessed by the Emperor?

Or is it all just warp, psyker stuff that could easily be a demon in disguise. I'm mostly wondering how that Inquisitor doubted Saint Celestine was the Emperor's holy saint for so long.

>I'm mostly wondering how that Inquisitor doubted Saint Celestine was the Emperor's holy saint for so long.
Cause it's all just the warp and could've easily been a deamon in disguise.

It's left very ambiguous. Any sort of magic, no matter what, derives from the Warp in some way.

The apparent miracles that have happened for the Imperium via prayer or what have you could be anything from coincidences, Chaos (particularly Tzeentch) fucking around, the work of a latent psyker, simple willpower (which is possible, since all humans have a connection to the Warp) or possibly even the Emperor reaching out.

winged saints are sitting ducks in an actual airial dogfight or when spammed with BVR air to air missiles right?

No more so than the winged daemons, insects from another galaxy, or jet packing mecha. Possibly even less so, because a person with wings is substantially smaller than those other things.

To answer OP, it feels different to those receiving it. Sisters of Battle are filled with holy inspiration, while a daemon would be burned with divine fire. On the other hand, while heretical texts would make a holy man recoil, it may have no effect on a heretic used to the ways of the warp. It's not the most consistent setting.

Going by the description of Sebastian Thor, it's a very different feeling. Where most warp energy is chaotic and overwhelming, being around someone blessed by the Emperor is calm, making the warp around them much less riotous.

Regular warp magic feels like sticking your head in a blender full of lava.

Emperor brand magic feels like rolling around naked on satin sheets before being oiled down by a squad of sororitas.

Ork magic feels like waking up after a six day bender with no recollection of how you got where you currently are.

Tyranid magic feels like reading posts on /b/

All magic is the warp, except tyranid stuff at one point but I think that was changed to be warp magic too

Back in the time of good lore or at least decent (3rd and 4th)

There was a distinction between Psykers, witches, sorcery and holy.

All were warp related but the difference was how each accessed that power.
Witches had a natural almost animalistic connection.
Sorcery anyone could do it if you study hard enough
Holy was done by believing hard enough
Hell back then we could have war singers, basically people that sang hard enough to attack by singing the right way
Now even the guy reading a scroll of fireball is consider a Psyker

Honestly, I like the distinction of 'Warp related but not sorcery'. The idea that while, yes, they all use the warp it's not just sorcery with a new hat.

even if we called all these people psykers, i don't see how this does nullify how they get their powers.
as examples, ork weirbboyz get their power from the waagh energy, while nids from the hive-mind
and in dark heresy (who might or might not be canon), when you chose the adept class you can start developping psychic powers at high levels simply because you know so much

Knowing to much was basically sorcery or witchcraft depending how you fluff it.

Dunno about fluff, but on the table the SoBs Faith powers are not treated as psychic powers. They can't be affected or cancelled by other psychic powers or wargear that effects psychic powers. FFG treats them similarly.

So I would say no. Faith powers are entirely separate from psychic powers.

It is the blessing of Emperor himself. Remember, he is a very powerful presence in the warp. Thing is, those manifestations are very rare compared to unholy blessing of the more powerful Warp presences, the Dark Gods.

Think about it - the most pious and pure servants of the Emperor can manifest powers that are considered miracles, while every Chaos worshipping shmook from the countless Chaos hordes displays some blessings of his patrons. Most Chaos Marines bear evident signs of their master's attention and blessing, while loyalist Astartes performing miracles are extremely rare, and often regarded with suspicion.

>The Shadow in the Warp
Tyranids always derived their power from the Warp

Where do C'tan get their powers from?

It is innate. C'Tan are 1000% realspace entities.

How many times has that actually happened to reports of a holy saint to warrant that kind of paranoia?

If Emperor powers feel so different, she should have recognized it off the bat.

>where da zog is we?
>dunno boss, but this aint look like kanzus no more

>It's not the most consistent setting
It's a bit early in the year to be making such bold attempts at "Understatement of the Year" don't you think?

If it makes any sense they are so grounded in reality, and born in the earliest stages of creation that they have been exposed to the fundamentals of the universe while they where forming and as a result are able to abjectly ignore them. It's like the matrix- the warp is downloading cheats, c'tan just have access to the console and know exactly how the engine works

inquisitors are paranoid fucks, even if it feel different from the usual warp-stench, you gonna suspect demon fuckery

Greyfax is a puritan and a monodominant at that. Monodominants are super, duper paranoid and don't trust anything supernatural.

Greyfax want to taste Celestine.
She is all butthurt about Celestine only wanting her as a friend

Also Sailor Moon Celestine and Sailor Jupiter Greyfax when? I’m waiting for it since the models got release

I think you have the cause and effect reversed there

I know that an Untouchable in Dark Heresy is unable to gain Faith related powers, so Faith powers are probably the Emperor's own psychic powers.
The difference between Faith Powers and normal psyker abilities is, that the Emperor is basically a Chaos God and as such his powers manifest different.

If the warp is the psychic emanation of an entire galay worth of emotions, it makes sense that at least some of it will manifest into qt armored angels instead of angry demons.

Nonetheless, the DH restriction can be explained by pure mechanical balance. The walking EMP couldn't use faith and psy powers either, IIRC.

>qt armored angels
Wonder what would happen if they started to look less human whilst maintaining their direction?
Would people just accept that sometimes the Emperor works in strange ways that they are not meant to understand, or will there by Inquisitors screaming at every SoB to look upon their folly?

It's warp fuckery, how do you know the "feeling" of the power isn't just more warp fuckery?

What would a demon of the Emperor look like? I assume female if only because the SoB, but would it just be like gold plated bolter bitches?

Because greyfax came from thousands of years in the past when celestine didn't exist, and the emps wasn't revered as a god

I reckon that "holy" powers *are* just psychic powers, but being cast by the Emperor. It probably does feel different to a normal psychic power being cast on you, if only because of the Emperor's power being such a league apart from everyone else's. I imagine that there's a similar feeling when feeling the Emperor's power as to ascending to Daemonhood, it being the end result of an indescribably powerful psychic power.

We had this thread before. In fact I had saved a pic of a gold plated bolter bitch thing saying to a space marine that she had been very heretical and needed to be purged, but it's on another computer.

I remember trying to help with an AU-WH40K thread that had the Emperor become a full Chaos God which was actually Malal conforming himself completely into what humans thought the Emperor should be,
whilst the actual Emperor walked around his new Empire as a travelling hermit
And there were several pictures/discussion of what "Imperial Daemons" would look like. Maybe on the 1d4chan or suptg?

But yeah, the lesser demons were gold-plated bolter bitches. The greater demons, slightly less so.

The reason untouchables can't have faith powers has nothing to do with psychic powers, it's because they are soulless being incapable of pure faith

Because the Emperor's brand of Warp Fuckery is uniquely distinct and unmistakable to those who have been in its presence so long/faithful?

But. . .faith is literally a psychic manifestation of every human psyker or no?

No, he doesn't. The sheer massive warp-presence of the hive mind is what causes the shadow in the warp. It's basically like trying to make a cell phone call in the middle of an emergency while everyone ELSE is trying, except that everyone else with a cell phone is calling all at once specifically to keep you from calling. I guess.

Gee, I dunno, user. It's not like the thread is about that or anything. Pic related.

Celestine was depowered by the activation of Cadian Pylons, this also banished the Legion of the Damned. In the fluff faith powers are psychic even if they're different in TT mechanics.

Would Saints count as DP or GD in the Emperor's daemon system?
Or is it a case by case basis?

She's a telepath

In Watchers of the Throne, the Custodes remark that being close to the physical location of the Emperor (on the order of some hundred or so meters I think) is spooky as fuck. It instills a primal, instinctive fear that even affects Astartes. It's believable to me that Faith powers would feel comforting but it's interesting that the source would be one of existential terror in the face of god.

In 40k isn't the soul simply a person's presence in the warp?

I think the main difference is whether or not a daemon helped you learn it.

Really? Why is it scary to be near the Emperor himself?

I mean, he's in perpetual agony due to the immense strain on his shattered mind as well as the fact that his body is rotted and broken.
Probably not very happy feelings emanating from that tortured being.

The Sanguinor, LotD and Sanguinius soon

Might also be the dozens of terrified psykers he eats daily

Shes a puritan that was frozen in a tessarect cube in like m42 so she has no idea about saints and miracles of the emperor which is why she was careful as fuck

Good question. I wanna say DP but DP ascension only occurs to a living host whereas most imperial saints ascend after they die so I guess most are GD although i think there is a SoB saint that ascended while she was still alive so I guess she would be DP

THE EMPEROR IS JUST A NEW CHAOS GOD
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

He literally scorches the armor of Companion Custodes black from his energy.