Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1979: You'll never finish that jump Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/qRPCCNEC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could the Totem Spirit from Shadowrun serve as a teacher for magic from other settings?

Any good perks for assimilating technology into my robot form?

Karmatron Dynamics is your friend, especially if you've ever wanted to be a giant Martian penis. Or a giant Jupiter space computer tree. Or an Earthly T000 murder loli.

I just saw Super Mario Bros. Z for the first time in ages and the nostalgia made me want to make a jump where I essentially become Mecha Sonic

Help me decide, /jc/. Do I run a Huragok chain, a Doppelganger chain, or the chain of an Awakened Shrub.

GUNNM has Imaginos nanites as a perk, however if you're looking for perks that are less point intensive: Warframe's virus stuff has a option that lets it merge with robots and technology. If you're a big enough robot, Gundam 00 will let you become ELS-based. And finally, as mandatory, Worm has an Assimilation power.

Thanks for the ideas, also Awakened Shrub.

Who of Grim Reaper (Assassin), Horseman of War (Rider), Nikola Tesla (Archer), or Gilgamesh (Saber) should I summon as my Servant in Fate/Zero?

(I'm also not quite sure if the first two are valid under the rules for summoning Servants.)

I don't know what an Awakened Shrub is, but the fact that you put it in spoilers makes me say that one.

Hmm. IMO yes, since its ability to guide and advise is CP-backed, but it might not be as good as a local professional of a given setting (but on the other hand, having it AND a local would be even better).

Actually now that I think about it, is there any perks to help implement magic and other energies into my robotic body?

It wouldn't be able to teach you magic X from jump Y that would work in jump Z, though, unless you bought the ability to use jump Y's magic with CP.

I'm not familiar with the second two, so Huragok.

I vote Awakened Shrub because I like to hedge my bets.

Gilgamesh, because he'd be unbelievably angry at having no actual choice but to whack people with Ea.

Twice as Bright from Boktai with the capstone boost works a treat.

Maximum Awakened Shrub.

Things keep working post jump even if you didn't buy them with CP user.

If magic X can be learned without paying CP there's no reason it wouldn't keep working in jump Z.

>bringing things from one universe into a totally different set of metaphysics works, nothing could go wrong!

>jumper has personal magic teacher that accounts for jumper bullshit
>jumper tries to pass on these teachings to their own students
How screwed are jumper's students?

holy shit this got put back up fast.

Depends on whether those teachings involve sex magick. Which canonically is a thing in DC Occult, by the way. No seriously, at one point John Constantine has a threesome (while a little girl watches) so together he and some wiccans can conjure a dragon that represents femininity to balance out another dragont hat represents masculinity.

>How screwed are jumper's students?
I would say they aren't that screwed. The world on the otherhand...

Well, then it's a good thing you take a slice of said metaphysics with you if you've taken an origin, or even if you haven't. Hence your continued existence. But it's assumed you can take stuff with you that you didn't purchase with CP and have it work, which is why the Warehouse exists. And reverse engineering perks and all that jazz. And besides, you're using something purchased with CP to perform its listed function, so what you do with it should be backed as well.

>muh "everything has to be purchased with CP to work"
Fuck off back to SB.

What sort of things do you and your companions and/or family do in everyday life? Ever just wait at a bus stop with your kid while in ghost form, or take the subway as a robot?

>Jumper teaches his homebrew magic system made by combining magic systems with perks.
Not sure about the students but reality is going to start REEEEEEEing.

What perks do I need to merge magic systems and where can I find one learnable by anyone to provide that component?

>taking something with you is the same as having it work the way it originally did.
And the reason there's perks like "you keep the ability to use toon physics out of this jump" in those settings is...?

>things work even if you don't buy them
Now that's the kind of shit I'd expect from the SB crossposter

>Grim Reaper (Assassin), Horseman of War (Rider)
Those two seem like they would qualify for Divine Spirits and thus not be elegible in F/Z.

Whose idea was it to get rid of all the Divine Spirits anyway, all this bullshit with superweapons and incest eyeballs and Japan becoming demon orgy central and the death of the planet didn't happen when the gods were in charge.

>And the reason there's perks like "you keep the ability to use toon physics out of this jump" in those settings is...?
Well if you didn't going to Sburb or Hero BBS would mean you don't get to keep your class training because they are not cp backed but instead the result of training.

Basically if it is obtained through training and research it is generally accepted to transfer.

>taking something with you is the same as having it work the way it originally did.
Yes, it pretty much is. Otherwise it'd be pointless.

Toonforce where it exists is usually a genre convention than an outright rule of reality, but a lot of jumpmakers make you pay for things inherent to people in the setting because they just don't feel like giving away the benefits for free. It honestly depends on the jumpmaker. Some go as far as to make you pay for racial innates. It's not a standard thing.

You mean the class training the jump says you have, right?

>you have to buy things for them to work
Yeah, you're either a retard or a shitposter. Go back to wherever the fuck you crawled out of.

It doesn't matter in this case. You're using a CP-backed perk to do exactly what it says it does. Thus that use of it is also CP-backed.

The whole concept of CP backing is a stupid SB meme.

No, it's a very old /jc/ meme. Still a meme, but in this specific case at least SB has nothing to do with it. A SB meme would be a challenge that does the opposite of challenge you.

That was my thought as well, though I was unsure of whether they would have a high enough Divinity to become ineligible for summoning. War was the one I was most leaning towards being summonable, due to being just one of four/seven Horsemen of the Apocalypse and thus not really being on the level of a god or an archangel like Michael, and partially because I saw that the Pale Rider had been summoned in another Holy Grail War (though one that allowed Divine Servants, it at least showed that summoning a Horseman of the Apocalypse was possible).

The Grim Reaper was because I was unsure of how Divinity worked, because on the one hand he's commonly seen as the personification of death, but on the other he isn't really worshiped or even seen as a god.

Anyways, I guess I'll just stick between Tesla Archer or Gilgamesh Saber to keep it safe.

>Grim Reaper (Assassin)
Isn't Gramps, aka King Hassan, the basis for the Grim Reaper legend according to Fate?

Nyet, we don't even know what his full deal is. He has an EX Skill that says he's "become one with the concept of funeral rites" whatever that ambiguous load of codswallop means.

I'm not sure; I think he might be too expensive to grab in Fate/Zero anyways, or at least not without dipping heavily into drawbacks.

I think that the regular Holy Grail system can't just get enough strength to summon them

>mfw most voted for Awakened Shrub despite not knowing what it is
An Awakened Shrub is a bush that's had Awaken cast on it, which gives it the ability to move itself and at least basic intelligence.

Literally that's it.

It's just a shrub.

This is gonna be an interesting chain.

Oh, you fucker.

>Not Doppelganger
>Not making it your mission in every jump to kill and replace a main character

So how would being a Cultivator interact with being a Psyker in Warhammer 40K? I mean a Cultivator keeps strengthening their soul and such and a Psyker uses their soul to interact with the warp. Would it just make you a higher tier Psyker or something else? Thanks in advance.

>Huragok
It'd be funny seeing the little guy fix and make everything he find better. I can only imagine the reaction of someplace like the Polity. They'd probably love you and make you their new mascot.

And then you end up in 40K with a bunch of Heretek techpriests believing you to be a creation of ancient humans from the Dark Age. The second coming of the Deus Mechina.

Really that depends on the type of Cultivation that you're using. Basically, if you went with the most basic of all Cultivation Technique, just getting swole of the soul, you'd have huge reserves of Psyker energy but you wouldn't necessarily have the ability to use it. This is why along with the Spiritual Energies most Cultivators also Cultivate their minds/Sea of Consciousness so that they can do more with their energy. Psy-Ratings do change sometimes but usually a Psyker would be stuck with only the singular rating their entire life and just learn more tricks and stuff as they go. So Psykers could be equivocated to Cultivators who don't change their level very often but study a huge diversity of techniques, which can be good as seen with Zuo Mo from World of Cultivation.

So, your Psy-Rating would be seen as being fairly high, Beta through Alpha+ depending on how long you've been doing it, but you might not have the techniques to make Warp Space and Real Space interact, which the primary means a Psyker uses to do stuff. Having a swole soul does make you tasty looking to Daemons and also makes it easier to resist possessions though.

That's about all my suppositions and understandings of the two interacting settings. Hope this helps.

So what you're saying is that I should eat the Emperors soul in such a way that I gain his knowledge. Also the cultivation methods would be the ones from Coiling Dragon and Desolate Era. Still that helps, cheers.

From what I understand, the Cultivator philosophy is identical to the Chaos God philosophy when it comes to what to do with souls. Except while Chaos Gods have hobbies like disease or lust, Cultivators only want to become stronger.

In terms of Cultivation my jumper is probably as strong as they come. I managed to become a Grandmist user in Coiling Dragon and got pretty close to the end of the Desolate Era power scale. Really I just want to fuck about in the warp in 40K cause it seems like fun.

>got pretty close to the end of the Desolate Era power scale
Literally just think about it and you can do whatever you want to the warp.

...The idea was actually drop-in only so they'd be forced to find a new identity each jump, but I couldn't find a jump that offered a proper Doppelganger race that I liked. Plus there was only like... Overlord (series) and Star Wars.

All of this could only be aided by the fact that for the most part, it really can't talk.

>Daughteru Isha

>daughteruing someone who is literally thousands of years old, and has spent uncountable eons watching over the tragedy of her species' slow extinction

Would you daughteru a little old grandma

Hey, random user, with a random question here; would Cuphead be a decent first jump?

That guy said he got close to the tippety top of the DE power scale. Those guys measures their lives in Chaos Cycles, which are 10 trillion years each, and 108000 of those are "short" to them. So no, I don't think someone being a thousand years old would be a problem at all.

If it looks like a small girl, you can daughteru it.

I personally can't recall how Coiling Dragon works, because IIRC its complicated by magic also being a thing, but with Desolate Era you have Body Refining (Super Solder Body stuff) Ki Refining (Swole energy reserves stuff) and Visualization Methods (Makes it so you can do stuff with your soul easier like splitting your thoughts or learning the Dao). You'll likely be able to do amazing things on your own but figuring out the Warp-Space Real-Space interactions is a big thing for Psykers, but the risk is so high that most of them die trying.

That's not exactly how it works. The Psykers have schools for this kind of thing because Nascent Psykers just kinda randomly do stuff to the world in a disorginized, though usually potent, way when they try doing just that. I don't know if we've gotten a really good look into the training methods of Psykers in 40K, other than the occasional note that it's really rather painful.

You realize my jumper is a cultivator. Isha is a child in comparison, also she is 60 Million years old or so. She was created by the Old Ones during the War in Heaven. In truth I'd go for Lileath instead but Slaanesh got there first.

Jumpes, what are you blindspots? What powers don't you have?

>That's not exactly how it works. The Psykers have schools for this kind of thing because Nascent Psykers just kinda randomly do stuff to the world in a disorginized, though usually potent, way when they try doing just that. I don't know if we've gotten a really good look into the training methods of Psykers in 40K, other than the occasional note that it's really rather painful.
Mate, you obviously have no clue what Autarch+ people in DE era can do. Psyker power isn't relevant at all here.

All I'm saying is, if it's intectually a little old grandma I consider it a little old grandma intellectually. Like what if someone tried to daughteru you, how would you feel about it?

But that's bullshit

Due to how my chain works, my jumper keeps becoming more and more of a tank, but still hasn't picked up any magical ability.
On the other hand, my first companion is quickly approaching demi-god levels of magical power, but is a glass cannon.

I was pointing out that because I thought you were still following the conversation which started here about how the different settings interact with one another.

I'm a guy so really weird. Otherwise I'd be fine with an unknowable powerful person seeing me as their kid. I mean there are very few downsides to such a thing.

> Really I just want to fuck about in the warp in 40K cause it seems like fun.

Different kinds of methods in cultivation can have very different abilities, strengths, weaknesses, ans skills. I dont know how DE works but I would say it depends entirely upon your cultivation method and the powers it imparts.

>An Awakened Shrub Jumper
If that chain doesn't end in the Shrub becoming a Yggdrasil-like creature I'll be very disappointed. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Coincidentally, given that people are talking about cultivation and interactions with other settings, I have come across an interesting titbit from The Great Thousand Worlds multiverse (home of BTTH): The cultivation between worlds is different, so cultivators (at least from BTTH) seem to inherently have the ability to convert their cultivation system to match the new worlds... So you could maybe convert it between jumps if you wished...

Het native of all worlds from maple story, at the very least you can survive and thrive literally anywhere and nobody can stop you from leaving uf you want.

How would that work?

So, I did the math on (what I think; I'm bad at math) the builds would be for the four Servants I was interested in from up above (), plus Merlin since I was curious about his SP total (though I'm not sure if he'd be a legal summon in Fate/Zero; I switched out his banned Independent Manifestation Skill with the Living Template). The two OCs (Horseman of War and Grim Reaper) might be kinda wonky since I basically just pieced them together from A rank skills that seemed appropriate and gave them powerful NPs with vague titles, while Saber Gilgamesh is essentially the same as the one from the Supplement with higher stats and the Saber Class instead of Archer. (And optionally the Collector Skill, GoB and Enkidu for 750 more SP, which is still technically affordable.)

Anyways, if you're interested in any of that I've got their builds here: pastebin.com/qRPCCNEC

I personally think I'm going to go with Nikola Tesla, though that comes with a new problem since Natural Born Genius is a banned skill. I was thinking of replacing it with Librarian of Stored Knowledge or Expert of Many Specializations, or maybe a combination of both, but haven't decided which would be more appropriate for him yet. Since he doesn't use it all that much I figured I might also just leave it out, but don't know if that's kosher or not. Any thoughts on that?

Time to learn the fusion technique?

Why convert your single cultivation base when you can have multiple cultivation bases that cover every angle?

I mean for Psykers don't you need just a big enough soul, sensitivity, willpower and practice? Everything else should follow and since just being a psyker gives you a lot of sensitivity, cultivate would make the soul huge and most jumpers have willpower out the ass.

All that would leave is practice?

I have no clue, It just something I found out about a day ago, and the LN hasn't gotten to that bit of the story.
I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to, its just an interesting titbit I recently found out. Cos seemingly BTTH cultivation taps out at city busting (maybe even country busting at Dou Di?) level.

Well this is absolutely wonderful, It means I dont have to start from scratch when I hit coiling dragon or DE, which is really important to me. Just layer on top of the old.

Though I dont know how the systems would meld. Pretty cool though. Get to start as a kid with an old mans cultivation.

Or memory consumption/copying. Just eat a bunch of Tzeentchian daemons, Psykers or Eldar and you should be golden. Or paint yourself green and join up with an Ork WAUGHH!!. Their collective view of you being a Weirdboy and being capable of anything will do the rest.

When you hit CD remember to only cultivate Earth, Fire, Water and Air. And kill then sovereigns of those to gain their spark. This will turn you into a Grandmist user (the guy who made the entire CD multiverse) and you get a fancy new name with it. Hell he'd probably want to travel with you to see the structure of the other multiverses and such.

I think if you have no idea how it works, it'd be best to not do anything with it.

Neat, I havent checked out coiling dragon and my jumper is fire, crafting, and alchemy based in cultivation so I tend to go for things like formations and alchemy. Im not even sure how strong DE or coiling dragon are as I havent read them. Plus Im not so much worried about getting max power, I have strong foundations so I will get there eventually. Or close enough for me.

Reminder that, if your cultivation method isn't centered around the Dao of Booty, you're cultivating wrong.

What if my cultivation method is centered around the Dao of semen?

>I will get there eventually.

If you go to CD and cultivate, say darkness, you'd never actually get to Grandmist. The only way to become it is to focus entirely on the four base elements. Even having a Divine clone of something else would mean you would never actually break through to Grandmist. As for how strong, Sovereigns (2 ranks below Grandmist yet not comparable) are capable of killing someone from possible light years away just but willing it to be so. It's called Sovereigns Will and is fucking ridiculous. Although I can see being able to break any setting over your knee as boring so yea take your time and hit Grandmist in another jump along the chain or something, hell go back post chain for it.

Don't you need to be a 4-way soul mutate?

Yea that too, you can buy a two way soul mutate in jump and probably find a way to mutate in other jumps or just get a way to heal your soul and have Beirut damage it and let it heal. If you have the Medbay that could probably also work.

I think Expert would work better to fill the niche Natural Born Genous is meant to cover, yeah. I suppose you could also give him Natural Insight instead, fluffed as more of a scientific thing than a detective thing, if you don't feel great about spending 250 SP on mundane skills?

Can't comment on the idea of just dropping the Skill, sorry.

>just get a way to heal your soul
I only know of two ways to do that directly, three if you count xianxia medicines (which I guess we should) 1 is being a pheonix child from monogatari and the other is having a lucky cat soul in soul eater. Are there others?

Sylph of Heart from Sburb when fully developed could probably heal your soul with some practice (The Classpect mostly covers healing relationships but souls are also covered)

Fire Emblem Archanea has a perk that lets you sleep off the damage

Powerful Soul (Anima)
Let the Gates of Valhala Open (Angry Day)

Is it just me or is everyone in Angry Day more sad than angry and also all the major action takes place at night?

What's the german for Sad Night?

The Force. Lightside healing can heal the soul
Bleach. Since you can actually move around as your soul then you can heal it using Shinigami medicine and techniques.
SCP probably has something to help you.
Demon's Souls. A Stone of Ephemeral Eyes will fully heal your soul and resurrect your body.
Dark Souls. Just keep on killing enemies and gluing their souls to yours until you feel better and/or become an abomination.

>Dark Souls

Statistically the abomination thing is much more common, just saying

mix it with PoD from Castlevania and you'll only become an abomination if you feel like it.

So update.

I was FINALLY going to work on Sun and Moon when I got slammed with perhaps the worse sickness I've encountered. I'll spare you guys the details but just so you know I can barely speak above a hoarse whisper and my ear has spontaneously started to bleed as well, among other stuff that happened.

That's happening, I guess. Anyway I'm going to (actually truly) work on Sun and Moon once I get this sickness worked out.

>my ear has spontaneously started to bleed as well
Wow, hope you get to feeling better Nika. Take all the time that you need.

>PoD

Then you're already an abomination.

Holy crap, that sounds like a concussion. Get well soon, man.

No user it's just gentek research gone wrong. Soon Nika will become the first evolved. Or at least the thing that wears their face will be.

What do you guys think of scenario based jumps, such as with 'Generic' jumps or jumps otherwise lacking a media source for their perks and items?

I ask as a noob-jumpmaker, I am thinking of making a (gauntlet) jump based off the idea of avoiding capture by a superior force, and I'm not sure whether the lack of a defined setting would be something the community would count against me.

>Dark Souls. Just keep on killing enemies and gluing their souls to yours until you feel better and/or become an abomination

Isnt that what some final fantasy mages do? I remember the thread talking about it at some point.

Just got back from work and am about to go flop into bed. Did I miss anything worth reading, or is it the usual since last thread and we're good without context.

>Just keep on killing enemies and gluing their souls to yours until you feel better and/or become an abomination.
The same thing also applies in Demon's Souls. Actually it applies even more because in Dark Souls the souls are really vague on whether they're actual souls since they function more like life force or something. In Demon's Souls they're explicitly actual, literal souls and if you eat enough of them you turn into a Demon yourself. This happens to numerous characters, arguably including the Slayer of Demons themselves.