"Return target thread from your graveyard to the battlefield." edition!

"Return target thread from your graveyard to the battlefield." edition!

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

old thred

Other urls found in this thread:

old.photojoiner.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I put it in the name instead of the subject
brb Fatal Push self

Up to 3 life?

Exiled cards are just second unused discard pile. I say there is nothing wrong to make cards that treat it as such

If you design a card that treats exile like a second graveyard, just have it interact with the graveyard instead. Exile is supposed to be hard to interact with for a reason.

That's what people said about graveyard before: If you want to treat it as deck, just have it interact with the deck instead. But here we are

Bullshit. Even in Alpha there were cards that interacted with the graveyard.

"Interact" is very broad term, returning creature to play is one thing, snapcaster is completely another. Or you'd argue the latter is okay?

Thoughts?

The notably big difference between deck and graveyard interaction is that deck interaction at most gets you 4 of a card. Yard tricks can get it for you 8 times, because you can use it, then use it again. You can't do that just fishing things up from the deck. It adds a new depth of strategy, but it also sadly makes the game more repetitive.

It's cluttered even without that text, I suggest to remove it

nah, i think that's alright as a 6/6 for 8 with no evasion desu pal

Thoughts?

Make them XX costs, then change the white one to make 2/2 knights with vigilance. Done.

You literally changed nothing from the advice we gave you last thread.

If you're not going to improve, leave.

Repost from last thread. Moved this from 6WWW to 5WW after seeing Zetalpa or whatever the W Elder Dinosaur from Rivals is called. Good? Bad?

Cool, thanks.

They all look too strong. Also you are reusing images already used by actual cards.

Just give it a 7 CMC and remove the third ability.
Too be honest I don't feel particularly inspired by it.

Seems ok, but I'm not convinced by the activated ability.
Maybe instead "Discard a land card from your hand: CARDNAME gains hexproof until end of turn"

8 mana is a lot for something that doesn't do anything until the next turn, and even then it's probably going to be chump-blocked (if not just killed), and even if connects it's not guaranteed that the opponent has anything of worth in his graveyard, and even then the opponent can just pay 2 life for any relevant creature.
Scion of Darkness or Ink-eyes are just better cards.

Working on an ability for a set idea.

Lore wise it represents the wilder and more free races/colors tapping into dangerous and uncontrolled magic energy as a desperation move. The primary colours would be Red and Green, with Black getting a splash because of the whole "always seeking power" vibe.

Some handle this energy better than others, and it's wild and random dispersal can trigger magic abilities.

Mechanically they just slowly build up power, and you can (usually) choose when and where to release that power. Many of them have abilities that trigger when counters are removed or added, pay attention to number of counters, or to power/toughness.

I like the idea because it has lots of interactivity with other sets that add/remove counters in abilities and it gives counters a reason to exist other than just making combat numbers bigger.

The full rules for the ability would read as:

>Mutation is a triggered ability that places counters on a creature. "Mutation" means " At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature is on the battlefield, you may put a +1/+1 counter on it. If you don’t, remove all +1/+1 counters from it."

>Multiple instances of Mutation on the same object are redundant.

Posted this over on /r/custommagic, just made a few edits.

>Nekron
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to keep that in mind for the next revision.

Good lord... There is SO MUCH wrong with this. I guess the most pressing question is: Why is this an Equipment and not an Aura?

I think the sniper needs to be clarified a bit. Does it deal one damage for each counter removed? Should change to:
>Whenever you remove one or more counters, deals one damage...
or
>...~ deals one damage to target creature for each counter removed this way.

>Just give it a 7 CMC and remove the third ability.
Without the 3rd ability it would just be a shitty giant lightning angel.
I wanted to give it an ability that discourages spot removal like swords or path so you always get some value out of it since it's so expensive.
In earlier iterations I had it set the life total to the start amount, but I thought wiping the board with the life gain was more flavourful.

Seemed like thematically it should be an artifact, also I thought the ability to move it between artifacts made it more interesting.

What else do you see wrong with it?

I like it, however you can just crew an artifact, reequip another artifact since the first artifact will stay a creature until end of turn.
So you should probably include a sacrifice clause, like if it becomes unattached, sacrifice the permanent.

Good point, though does the statement "For as long as it is equipped to Ship's Wheel" prevent this?

Yes, but then you can't use crew since crew is actually the ability you care about since it turns it into a creature.

Thank you, I forgot to make it clear, but it works like Hapatra, IE any time you remove any number of counters, it deals 1 damage (I was worried it might be too strong the other way).

Ack, Wizards copied another one of my ideas!

How often do you guys finds this happens to you?

Making a custom commander for a friend, what do you think?

Weird, dumb and bad.

Thanks for the honesty, haha

Also, not sure what site/program you're using to make yours, but note that the flavour text is running over the P/T box.

Its mtg.design. I guess I just need to bump down the font a bit, I think.

Thanks for the tip

The Shits

1BR

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant target creature

Whenever target creature attacks or blocks, its controller flips a coin. If they lose the flip, they must say "Oops," then tap enchanted creature and remove it from combat. If they do not say "Oops", they must sacrifice that creature.

So, given that Rivals doesn't have any great abundance of cards that care about Explore, I thought I would include one.

The idea is to be able to thin your deck by playing creatures with explore, throwing whatever you find into your graveyard, playing something else with explore and chewing your way through your lands.

is he a stealth?

>is he a stealth?
I do not understand the question.

i see grass in that picture but no merfolk

I couldn't find a picture of a pirate merfolk traipsing through the jungle, so I left it without an image.

It's one of those 3d crosseye pictures, you have to relax your eyes and stare at it for a while to work.
It looks pretty awesome, you should try it.

This is for a custom powered cube. I know these are all broken, but are they all equally broken or are some much more powerful than the rest?

old.photojoiner.net/

>old.photojoiner.net/

thanks dude should I delete and repost?

Nah, just join the rest up and post

So, what the hell is this thing supposed to do against the other three colors?

anybody got ideas for Goat supplementary product?

yeah. stop

why?

Not totally related, but thinking of having a goat token subtheme in a western set. Goats aren't exactly the most iconic western livestock, but I think their infamy in Magic makes it work.

I'm pretty sure none of those for MM except maybe the balance are equal to a time warp for UU. Just my gut.

I think you should either give this every shared keyword in GWU besides MAYBE the combination of hexproof/indestructible (just one), or limit to 3 keywords. Mostly for excitement or aesthetic reasons. I don't think your combination of keywords here is exciting with a splashy and awesome ability like indestrutible or double strike, and it's not very aesthetic either, so you should pick one or the other.

I like the idea, but the death trigger seems very lame considering it needs your cool thing to die and then also to have a board. How about something a little flashier-- maybe when she dies, you an put her in exile, then as long a she's exiled creatures you control etb with a counter, or some other ability, maybe more related to exalted? Kind of like an easier to track Incarnation. Plus I really like the flavor, she dies, then she gets put in a place where it's easy to see and remember her, giving you power.

is this too good?

Oh, I think I just got the aesthetic with the keywords, a green, two white, and a blue to match the mana cost? I guess that's okay but I think i'd still put a splashier ability on there somewhere like double strike.

This is the first round, first edit of Goat Supplment product

back then, the wording would have just been "Summon Legend" for creature type.

In case you want to go full accuracy. Unless they are Summon Elder Goat Legends, then that's fine.

I was thinking about that, I knew that's how it was (like with 'interrupt') but wasn't sure if i wanted to be accurate or clear

Elder Goat Legends sounds much better though

You have never played with Balance if you think putting it in any format is even remotely a good idea. No joke, it is the least fair card in all of MTG.

Eagle Scout here. It's "Whittling Chit" not "Chip".

That is funny but also potential, I like it

new Goat Supplementary Product spoilers are out

Going to dump some stuff I was working on for a Muraganda set. Sorry they're in single pics though, I'm on my phone atm

And I just realized that didn't have a type line. Supposed to be an ooze.

jfc
old.photojoiner.net my man

>it works look mobile
I'm surprised, thanks man

And finally the tokens. Any advice or thoughts so far?

bump

Monoblack-user here, jerking off to black again.

I suck at flavor text though. Any ideas?

Allow me.

Why is my brain like this.

I think it's not used to being used.

A slight simplification.

I'm choosing to interpret that as a compliment.