What does Veeky Forums think about the lore of fire emblem

What does Veeky Forums think about the lore of fire emblem

There's isn't that much lore that isn't about PCs. All lore in every world comes down to "there's an evil dragon behind the screens who manipulates people to fight".

>FEH, Owl
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Sacred Stones and the Radiant series had a pretty good setting and lore to them, even if it was somewhat light. Awakening too, but that's mostly due to so many games taking place in the setting like fire emblem 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Elibe has potential, but it's really underexplored. I'd say Fates is the only Fire Emblem series that really has shitty lore.

Barebones?

When I played all the FE I've played, I played because of the tactical challenge, not because of plot. Can't even remember the plot of the Lynn one, that I played to the end.

Shit setting because all of the "lore" is about the main characters or their royal bloodlines, the only real exception being when it's convenient for Dragons to fuck up the world in some way. There'd be nothing really worth exploring in it as a Tabletop setting... which is fine because it's not really meant to be a tabletop setting anyway.

Hector is still Best Lord.

All I know is that as a kid I wanted Lynn to /ss/ me. The thought that I'm now older than her is kind of depressing.

Low-tier, low-effort setting. All the effort is in the abilities and relationships.

nopan is the best

Sacred Stones was my first and my favorite but the lore of the Fire Emblem series has always been kind of convoluted to me in the way that sometimes it feels like they're just making shit up as they go.

I never noticed she goes nopan until the image in the right. Didn’t she wear black in Brawl?

Isn't this one of those "different game, different setting" deals like Final Fantasy?

I enjoy the games but the story is always weak as hell.

Best lord in all games before it, wields axes like a manly man, and died like Whitebeard. Hector is the best.

IT certainly isn't Suikoden, which is at least set on a single world and within one timeline.

suikoden 6 when?!?!?!

Honestly the fact that it's always dragons lends a sense of consistency to the world.

The story is weak, and it only gets worse once you hit the 3DS era.

Seriously, Awakening's plot was just..bad, and Fates was complete garbage. I can at least lift characters who seem interesting from previous FE titles, the amount of unsalvageable material from Awakening and Fates is staggering by comparison.

I've never played Gaiden so I can't compare it to Shadows, but Shadows seems alright. The characters are still kind of bad, but nowhere near as bad as Fates got.

Pic related, one of the few good, non-memey characters from Awakening.

I don't have any pictures of Sigurd.

Awakening isn’t bad if you play a femRobin and marrying Chrom. Improves the plot by 100x and gives a proper reason for Lucina not to kill you and prevent Grima’s return

Makes things more emotionally deep.

That HELPS but it doesn't change the fact that the rest of the story is hot garbage and the characters, something which helped alot with previous FE titles, are pretty bad. A proper translation more than likely wouldn't have helped, either.

Not to mention the ending where you kill Grima only to come back is so forced, it's as if a DM was freaking out because "everyone needs a happy ending!" and tugged you back with a very half-assed excuse.

I'm really hoping the next FE game has actually interesting characters again.

Reminder that Aversa has the nicest body in the army.

Eh, I will agree there are some poorly written parts (see Chrom and Sumia’s
Romance) but I enjoyed it. The characters got way more lines and development than a lot of Fire Emblem games, and it does have some favorite moments of mine. Robin and Virion’s support conversations are top tier.

Either of these any decent?

It ranges from painfully bland or painfully retarded