I'm thinking of running a Tom Clancy on Peyote-esq modern day intrigue game in the style of 'Everyone is George Soros'

I'm thinking of running a Tom Clancy on Peyote-esq modern day intrigue game in the style of 'Everyone is George Soros'
All the PCs are going to be gunrunners, PMC CEOs, revolutionaries, leaders of rogue states, Somalian warlords, Islamic 'Freedom fighters', NSA agents and members of the groups above, pretending to be members of other groups above in order to infiltrate and influence them.
The whole 9 yards of Alex Jones conspiracies turned up to 11

Anyone got any ideas for groups to throw into the mix? Or plot lines to drop in there? I know that one of my first plot arcs is going to involve the assassination of a country all the PCs are trying to claim for their own faction ala Syria 2.2 (Islamic State Boogaloo).
Anyone got any suggestions, or advice on running such a campaign?
My main problem is that the PCs will most likely be in frequent conflict rather than on the same team, but my plan for that is to basically run it as a series of solo sessions until they inevitably stumble across each other while hunting the same goals now and then.

So in other words you're running a Metal Gear campaign?

Pretty much.
If I can reach Kojima levels of fever dream insanity then I'll know I've done my job right.

If the players don't end up nuking at least one major city during the course of the game, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

A LOT of teaming up with enemies to achieve a short-term goal, and encourage them to ALWAYS drop a situation as soon as they've achieved an aim there.
Have everyone else do this too though, the grudges, disasters, and diplomatic messes should be piling up like no-one's business.

All major powers (including the group, if they have underlings) should have rogue factions and cells, often with dynamic, charismatic and amoral leaders

Give them a common enemy they all want to take down for fucking them over somehow. Nothing more Kojima than a convuluted revenge plot

This. But keep the enemy it nebulous. And they might also just be a cell of their foe without their knowledge.

If it was a Metal Gear campaign then the Tea Party would be the final boss.

These kinds of games make me very uncomfortable because they often expose peoples' naivette and arrogance at the same time. It's either too close to real life and letting your characters set up redroom blackmail organizations that also sell the leftover organs to be efficient and gets close enough to real life to trigger PTSD in ex military. Or it glosses over things too much and feels hollow. Like if you're not considering men such as Alex "Bill" Jones to be surgically altered controlled opposition your setting isn't complex enough to be realistic.

>'Everyone is George Soros'
Is that like Everyone is John or is it a game where you live in a world populated solely by George Soros and his multitude of doppelgangers?

I was hoping to work on a weird war/fever dream politics setting in the vein of Kojima for a while now. I'm gonna post weird military tech and metal gear boss style military lunacy, and spitball ideas.

First off
>assassination of a country
Assuming there's not a typo, thats a big ass coverup.
I'd throw in heavily armed investigative journalists and war correspondents to explain why there's new of the PCs violent adventures wherever they go. I personally would have at least a few billionaire secret clubs trying to look really cool and classy while (failing at) seizing control of the world, at least one emergent AI hiding in the internet, and a corporate space race with really confused sinister intentions.

heres some crazy shit. Would you put this fucker in the indian ocean to chase pirates or in artic to enforce oil claims under the north pole?

Why not 2 of them? Name the arctic one Sub 0 or something

sounds good to me

some stuff for the shadowy masterminds and donors

Fuck off and go back to /pol/! George Soros donated a lot of his wealth to the Open Society Foundation so he can help the world and you are trying to make him out like some kind of /pol/ boogeyman!

person shaped jet drone

Calm down, user. To them he IS a boogeyman and that seems to be the point with the "on peyote" reference

your lack of reading comprehension is impressive

I know that. I figure since this Veeky Forums have Alex Jones and George Soros in both thread, the only thing missing is somebody telling the OP to go back to /pol/. :^)

And then when you've won you realise you where fighting for the real villain of the story and you just killed the last hope the world had.

>MEtal Gear
>not Paladins of Shadows

Let's be frank here, such a game WILL end with them raping a lot of teenage girls in their own central asian nation.

>that feel when you teleport atomic bombs into your opponent's ships

Goodman.

What about having one player actually being a loyal, honest member of one of the factions? could set up some nice betrayal arcs.

>Everyone is George Soros
How would that work?

This whole thread feels like bait. I strongly disagree with you and probably would get angry at you in real life. Please refrain from insisting on things like this unless you want to discuss politics. This is not the board for such things and it's adversarial to instigate this discussion.