Instead of "exp" and leveling up, what if magic was the constant progression system, the more you adventure, discover...

Instead of "exp" and leveling up, what if magic was the constant progression system, the more you adventure, discover, and endure, the more magic you will encounter and harness. A low tier fighter doesnt stand a chance vs a high tier becuase his muscles are imbued with magic making him inhumanly strong or he has a sixth sense where his reflexes are hypersensitive

heyo

What if the more magic you encountered, the more weeb you became?

With low tier fighters being ugly, grimdark warriors wearing practical armor and practical weapons, and high tier fighters being stylish and attractive, and wearing optional armor and weapons with weird gimmicks?

Until you ascended to your final level 36 form as a loli?

>sounds bad

What if people realized mechanical abstraction in game rules can be described how ever the you want?

Then we wouldn't have the same thread every two days.

>i hate discussion
>ill go on a forum and complain about it

This sounds like progression system from Artesia. The more you follow some divine archetype the closer to it you become. Actor who likes to impersonate people and trick them with voice, costume and act can eventually acquire power of shape-shifting akin to trickster god and change his appearnace on a whim. I'm probably one of the few people on Earth who genuinely like this stuff.

>the more you adventure, discover, and endure, the more magic you will encounter and harness.
So literally experience
>Instead of "exp"
Are you high?

So any non-level based system such as the various itterations of Runequest/BRP and Traveller...

That actually makes sense, weeb stuff can only happen when high power level allows it

Honestly, sounds kinda limiting to what kind of characters you'd be able to make, so no thanks.

>Become an epic level alchemist
>Use your powers to become the little girl

Hmmm, I swear I have seen this before...

What if you actually had to fucking study and train to improve your skills?

Whoa, hold up user. You're coming dangerously close to having your game mechanics make some kind of logical sense at that point.

bump

>Wew, love spreadsheets I do.

>The common soldiers wear practical armor and use practical weapons
>The Knight captain is 10 feet tall and swings around a statue on a stick as a hammer

Magic users like wizards and warlocks and whatnot would use their magic, drawing from the magic inside them. Instead of leaving it in their muscles / inside them, they draw it out and turn the energy into whatever they want (Healing, fireballs, etc.) This would explain why a lot of wizards are old and weak, because removing the magic from inside themselves would cause them to be physically weak and maybe age faster

this sounds like tedious trash

Someone stop me from wanting this.

>Gurps
Not everyone has Excel.

No, you will want this. In fact

>The Barbarian King has the corpses of tribe leaders around his waist
>His shaman cast a spell to make the corpses wail and form a protectice shield around him when in battle
>He's big enough to grab a man and crush his head in his palms and is dueled by 10ft tall Chad Knight

Google Sheets and LibreOffice are free alternatives

Now do rogues please.

>What lurks in the dark places and moves as it pleases? Long strong limbs to reach unreachable places and nimble fingers that pluck what one desires.
>The Shadow Dancer is thought to be a myth and often a creature, once a man, who's story is told to scare children and remind people to lock their doors and windows at night.
>And yet, from the corner of your eye you see a fleeting hand or foot and suddenly you cannot imagine what you may be missing.

So, like XP?