That guy who shows up with a character already finished and didn't roll his stats in front of the DM

>that guy who shows up with a character already finished and didn't roll his stats in front of the DM
>that guy who didn't fill out the alignment section of his sheet because he "doesn't like alignments"
>that guy who references anime at all, ever
>that guy who wants to play some kind of non human
What are some other traits that should get people kicked out of games?

>player asks about NPC cup sizes
>player is always ambivalent about whether he's speaking OOC or IC
>player makes stupid threads on Veeky Forums

>showing up to a game with an unfinished character sheet
>wasting the already limited by nature time you have set aside for making your character when you could have done it beforehand

I'd kick you out of my game, you time-wasting fuck

>Player constantly looking at their phone and playing videos without earbuds
Like fug if you aren't having fun just leave the group, no one is keeping you here

>Rolling stats
>Humoring a DM that uses systems with alignment
>"Humans only it's physically impossible to roleplay a non human hurr hurr hurr"

You forgot
>posts bait threads to Veeky Forums

>that guy who wants his character to be a carbon copy of one from an anime/movie/videogame/etc.
I mean come on man at last change-up the name...

>that guy who didn't fill out the alignment section of his sheet because he "doesn't like alignments"
I've never played a game with alignments and my roleplaying experiences have all been fine without them. Why is this a criminal act?

This list is almost as retarded as you OP.

well not being able to feel emotions is a symptom of autism

>neutral feelsbadman

Congratulations OP, you're as stupid as your image.

>>that guy who didn't fill out the alignment section of his sheet because he "doesn't like alignments"

Literally the best player in your game.

Let me turn a bait thread into a legitimate question.

What's so bad about alignments? Do they restrict you? Are they not just guidelines for your character's approach to morality?

They do have mechanical impacts on the game.

>had a guy come up with stats prepared for an online game
>"M-my mom saw me roll them... I can get her to confirm."
>He's like 26 years old

Oh. Well this is already sounding dumb.

There's nothing wrong with alignments, anyone who hates them can't roleplay for shit

I just don't find that they're a useful tool for anything in a setting where there's no capital-G-Good or capital-E-Evil. They also tend to be a trap for new players - they see alignments and any chance of roleplaying a complex normal person flies out the window.

I've got very good results when not using alignments, but that's as a GM. If the GM/setting required it, I'd put one down (and more-or-less ignore it unless it was important).

>playing in a system where character generation isn't
>a) collaborative or
>b) very quick ( under 10 mins)
I'd feel sorry for you if you didn't have such excellent taste in images.

Easy!
1. Supports Jeremy
2. Supports donald drumpf
3. Isn't #proud

>>that guy who shows up with a character already finished and didn't roll his stats in front of the DM

Just another reason why I don't like rolling for stats.

>>that guy who didn't fill out the alignment section of his sheet because he "doesn't like alignments"

A few years ago, I thought I understood alignments. The more I read Veeky Forums, the more I see people arguing about which alignment any action belongs with, the less I think I understand them.

If I ever play a game with an alignment system, I'll go through the process of figuring out my characters personality and backstory the same as I do for any other game, then ask the GM which alignment my character is.

Some of the worst roleplayers I've seen are people who, when asked to describe their characters personality, just tell me the characters alignment. When we are playing a system that doesn't have alignments.

soy did this

For the first, I've got players that will roll a billion times until they get a bitchin' roll and then claim that they rolled awesome for chargen, so letting them roll somewhere else would never happen, knowing their desire to have "mad stats".
The second is fine, I hate alignments too and are a crutch for people who can't enter the mindset of their character.
I've got a player who references everything from anime, to Family Guy, to memes. I made it a rule that he takes a damage every time he makes a reference during a serious moment.
Non-humans are fine, fuck your vanilla-ass game where everyone has to be the same race; the only time that's fun is when the players decide to do it.

>metagames
>but hates alignments
It's almost as if preventing metagaming is the purpose of alignments and that's why you hate them

How do alignments prevent metagaming?

How exactly do alignments prevent metagaming ?

They don't do anything to prevent players min-maxing. They don't do anything about players using knowledge that their character doesn't know. What kind of metagaming is left ?

How don't they?

>What's so bad about alignments?
Aside from condensing the vast and endlessly shifting concept of human morality down to 9 two-word phrases? Because at best they're easily ignored, and at worst they're annoying and arbitrarily restricting.

>Do they restrict you?
No, because I don't give a fuck about alignment.

>Are they not just guidelines for your character's approach to morality?
No, because putting situations through a one-dimensional filter leads to one-dimensional thinking.

>I'm do hip and above it all that's why I'm a fucking child who starts screeching the moment I'm even momentarily restricted from doing whatever will profit my characters the most
You're neutral evil irl

Games with the alignment system (except 5e?) usually have a lot of mechanics built around alignment, treating alignment like an actual, proveable force in the universe.

I mean, we play (pathfinder) without alignment too, but it requires a fair amount of handwaving or modifying mechanics which some autists might not want to do.

>other players try to interfere with me HITTING THE MONSTER REEEAAAL GOOD
>Yes!

>Are they not just guidelines for your character's approach to morality?
There is a lot more to a character than just their approach to morality.

Then there is the issue that alignment systems assume that a character is consistent in their morality in all situations. An assumption that rarely holds up.

>What are some other traits that should get people kicked out of games?
Rolling for stats.

>Then there is the issue that alignment systems assume that a character is consistent in their morality in all situations. An assumption that rarely holds up.
...the fuck are you smoking? Alignment systems do nothing of the sort.

The first and second one is completely fine.

The third one make want to backhand the shit out of you and the fourth one makes me want to hit you in the throat so hard your windpipe impales on you neckbone.

Kill yourself, OP.

>making this thread

>what's the burden of proof

What isn't the burden of proof?

rekt

"She's an A-cup, roll listen."
>blorlk
"You hear someone say "That creep is eying up that little girl. Keep an eye on him.""

Alignment is just a measure of how the universe perceives you on the axis of Good and Evil, Law and Chaos. Your actions influence your alignment, not the other way around. It's possible and somewhat common for one's morals to clash with their alignment.

chucklecuck. I keep screeching it. Alignment is no more or less meaningful then you yourself make it. At this point it's a fucking relic, not an experience padlock, something to keep you in line. It is literally, LITERALLY just a fucking shorthand way of saying, in broad moralist terms "what kind of person is your character?"

do I need to personally educate every fucking person who still thinks this is 3.5 and that kicking a puppy will loose your pally levels?

Most players think their alignments define their actions and personality when it's the other way around
an alignment it's mercurial not set in stone forever, just what the character aspires to be like, a lawful good paladin can still have ideals that if left unchecked can lead him towards the path to evil

>player asks about NPC cup sizes
I need to know how much the NPC is drinking, I want them to get wasted and remain sober-ish myself

pardon me?

Some can't let go of past injuries
Alignment was pretty intrusive before but now it's no more than guidelines for some powers at best

>2011 + 8
>rolling stats

To be honest, in my 10 years of ttrpg experience, I never had the chance to play or GM a system with alignments.

However, if it would come to that, I'd start (or make my players start) at true neutral. And from that point onwards they will have opportunities to change it through their in game actions.

Good idea / bad idea?