What are some actual scenarios in which making ultimate bio-weapon geiger monsters would actually be a good idea?

What are some actual scenarios in which making ultimate bio-weapon geiger monsters would actually be a good idea?
I'm trying to think of a world where crazy biological experiments ala yutani and umbrella are a good idea, and it's not working.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yawFFCLim7o
youtube.com/watch?v=iu4WorQXCq8
youtube.com/watch?v=u4bP-3Z59iE
pastebin.com/WkUqT9Df
youtube.com/watch?v=frmyzIhD29Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey, eventually Umbrella worked out the kinks and made a Tyrant model that not only actually worked but could be reliably mass produced.

Using them for planetary invasions.
Drop them on a planet, let them devour the native life. Then when they starve to death you land and take over.

I could see a scenario where they could work like a neutrino bomb- they wreck the population but leave industry and infrastructure mostly intact.

Maybe less RE zombies and more 28 days later infected style, where they die out eventually.

I suppose if you were in a sci-fi setting and you wanted to take over a planet without warfare, it might be the ultra violent version of a smallpox blanket.

Edge of Tomorrow-tier alien invasion
when humanity doesn't have anything to lose anymore

good idea, but this plan is SO bound to backfire

Was it any good? I don't remember that shit at all.

Imagine the society where this is preferable to normal disease.
Ubiquitous closed environments.
High amounts of sealable population centers, and military population of sufficient number to keep these populations from moving.
Advanced enough medical facilities to detect and exclude infected individuals from transit. You need some kind of HARD disease to get through all those blockades and pressure walls.

Wait, was edge of tomorrow that dire? I only remember the time fucking.

And yeah, imagine all the possible campaign hooks that could come from the ways that could backfire.

"bioweapon transport accident" seems like a good start.

>And yeah, imagine all the possible campaign hooks that could come from the ways that could backfire.
>"bioweapon transport accident" seems like a good start.
I think Terra Formars implements this trope

Using bio-technology on prisoners and then having them sent to certain war zones. Disposable walking tanks if you will.

I thought that was a terraforming accident?

What are some actual scenarios in which making ultimate nuclear planetary annihilation would actually be a good idea?
I'm trying to think of a world where crazy nuclear planetary annihilation ala USSR and USA are a good idea, and it's not working.

Some sort of alien nanovirus gets into the ecosystem and all organisms (including bacteria) can become zombies when they get infected, which means that when you become a zombie, all the bacteria living inside you also becomes zombies which can infect all the animals that eat them

>the bioweapons work exactly as intended, but due to legal challenges the military can't simply dispose of them after the war ends
>and with budget cuts, the only option is to try and integrate them into civilian life
>a few months later, you find that your new neighbor is one of those monsters that you've seen on TV

I told you we should have voted Robotican!

Those Transhumancrats are just using this as an excuse to soften us up for when the Reptilites invade.

Virus X turns population into zombies and makes them kill everyone
Virus Y only kills those infect with X
Instant city clearing with no long term radiation or significant rebuilding unless the infected country gets pissy and nukes themselves.

Yeah, basically if they don't stop the mimics at the beach it's game over.

Why, yes, I would like to live next door to a tyrant model.

>Not setting up a space station for the lot of 'em to live on then sending a single man with a massive penis up to seduce the hive mind.
Good thing we built in a serious addiction to dick when we were creating these things.

>DIIIIIIIIICK

>Was it any good? I don't remember that shit at all.

Yes and No. The Mr. X line of tyrants were actually the most reliable of the bunch, good enough that they could be used to bodyguard VIPs and could almost pass in public. On the other hand, Tyrants were rather shit in military operations, where heavy-duty equipment made short work of them.

The closest they ever came with a great all-around unit was THALOS un Umrella Chronicles, which was armored with metal plates and a rocket launcher. Well, it was until Chris and Jill wrecked the prototype when Umbrella was on the verge of collapsing.

that's a damn shame.
Umbrella really earned ANY KIND of profit off of their bioweapon program, and they never got it.

>Wait, was edge of tomorrow that dire?
The aliens were using the time loop fuckery too. It's why every little thing that can possibly go wrong did go wrong. It's also how they ambush Tom Cruise's squad at the end of it. Someone freaked out and shot one of the big ayys, time looping it into knowing Cruise's squad was coming, leading to them getting shot down and mostly everyone dying in vain before even reaching the objective.

what if we need to make LARGE MASSES of irradiated metal very quickly?

I don't think they ever really had an effective, 100% reliable Tyrant. Okay they had some that could function well enough to perform tasks and obey instructions, but to my knowledge they never had a model that didn't go totally fuckballs nightmare mode after taking enough damage. The auto-regeneration almost invariably starts producing errors and the more mutations it suffers the less reliable its abilities to follow orders becomes.

Damnation had a bitchin' fight between a newer model Tyrant and a shit load of lickers, plus Leon. Worth a look:

youtube.com/watch?v=yawFFCLim7o

youtube.com/watch?v=iu4WorQXCq8

Hard to say how unreliable that one was becoming since his only interest was murdering every goddamn thing in the area. At least he retained his intelligence.

When the enemy has nothing you desire and your only goal is to utterly destroy them in such a horrific manner no one will dare to draw your ire.
When total nuclear hellfire isn't personal enough, you sent literal monsters to flay their bodies and devour their offspring. You turn the nightmares that lurk about the borders of the collective human unconscious into a reality and unleash them upon those who've done you wrong.

>What are some actual scenarios in which making ultimate bio-weapon geiger monsters would actually be a good idea?
>I'm trying to think of a world where crazy biological experiments ala yutani and umbrella are a good idea, and it's not working.
well if it's just making Zombies than yeah it's not all that practical, but if you're doing something like the Zoanoids from Guyver, or the Demons from Devilman, or indeed many of the myriad other "Kaijin" that are popular in Japanese media than it makes sense since said monsters are both immensely powerful and can disguise themselves as regular humans

>Leon feels like a punk bitch as the Airforce rolls double nat20s and saves the day

America, fuck yeah.

A couple things to consider is whether the monsters are meant to work independently of traditional military forces or in conjunction with them. Also, are they intended to replace more traditional military assets in certain battlefield roles or to provide new battlefield roles.

Nuclear weapons weren't really a good idea either but humans still made them.

>would actually be a good idea?
When is it ever not? MOAR HIDEOUS FLESH -EATTING MONSTERS!

Are you somehow trying to say they're a BAD idea?
OP, what's WRONG with your brain?

Shut up Hippy.

Might as well post the damn video, homeboy. youtube.com/watch?v=u4bP-3Z59iE

Step back in time 40 years, into the 1980s mindset and setting.

Sophisticated tech is often unreliable, custom, bulky; with a complex logistical trail. Computers haven't firmly settled into a general-processor or consumer-driven path yet. It might all end up being PDAs linked to big mainframes.

From that perspective, it's all too plausible that automation improvements are very limited and an educated blue-collar class of technicians is needed to do a lot of electromechanical integration, adjustment and maintenance stuff.

That is where androids and replicants come in. "bioweapons" in the cinematic sense are simply the military sector of that class.

How does it feel being an angsty, ignorant NEET?

A Resident Evil-style bioweapons setting with 1980's style and aesthetics sounds like it would be fun as hell. It would also work really well with the plausibility of the monster outbreaks, considering how non-instant communication between branches of Umbrella and other such companies would be. If no one can get to the phone before getting eaten, HQ wouldn't necessarily know anything is wrong until they miss the next check in.

>What are some actual scenarios in which making ultimate bio-weapon geiger monsters would actually be a good idea?
Ones in which they can turn back into humans
The ideal bio-weapon is basically just Captain Hulkmerica, a human soldier with full rationality that can follow orders and turns into a monster in combat but can return to a human/humanoid form in order to reintegrate into society

Zoanoids from Guyver are a pretty good example of what I'm talking about

Works for X-Com with Chrysallid bombs because they are basically like wasp aliens that make mind-controlled human zombies. You bombard a planet or area with them and then just command the bug aliens to dispose of them after, or command the zombies to do menial work.

Zombie bombing generally by way of alien or pathogen seems to be really effective. The crab alien bombs in Half Life 2 basically rendered areas permanently uninhabitable, but they were exceedingly effective.

When you don't need any resources that can't be retrieved by robots. Remember Alien Covenant when David dropped the entire bioweapon payload on a major city of the progenator species? Like that, but from orbit, and then you fuck off and observe remotely until the population is extinct.

But if we're trying to make it logical, anything that can quickly change its entire physical form is hard to justify, even if only for the sheer amount of energy and raw materials (and food) required.

Looking at this thread, you know what we should make? A random table for making Bioweapons, in the same vein as that post-apocalyptic setting table that gets posted on here every so often.

I'm thinking some of the things to roll for would be body type (bipedal, quadrapedal, hexapedal, etc.), base genome (animal, plant, fungus, what have you) and a big ass table of specialized bioweapons, as well as how many they get.

I'll start making this, but does anyone have any ideas for other tables to roll for? Ideally in the end it would be to roll up everything from boss monsters to regular grunts.

Reminds me of Digital Devil Saga. I can dig it

Wasn't Ustanak from RE6 relatively stable? Or he wasn't a Tyrant series anymore?
Also, holly fuck, I forgot just how strong Tyrants are supposed to be and how retardedly durable Leon is in those movies.

BIG monsters mean you have to HIT THE MONSTER REALLY REEEEEALLY GOOD.

Humans fight for survival against artificial intelligence. Biological monsters can't be hacked. Terminator versus Nemeses.

I think so? Can't really remember too well, it's been so long since I've played that game. I know the j'avo created by the C-Virus were highly susceptible to mutation when regenerating. Looking up Ustanak now I see two interesting bits of info. First is that his arm represents a failure to regenerate, a flaw in his creation, so perhaps that's how he avoids the mutational problem. Second is that he was a single test subject in a test in which 322 other candidates died, so he's definitely a special case. Not a mass production BOW but a single individual who may have unique properties that resulted in his successes - and failings.

Too many words. What do I have to roll so I can HIT THE MONSTER REAL GOOD?

I suppose another table option would be how it came to be, such as selective breeding or test-tube creation or gross mutating slime.

Mash ALL THE BUTTONS and if that doesn't work PUNCH THE SCREEN REAL HARD

Alright, right now I'm just making lists of things to put on the tables, how do these look so far?

>Method of Creation/Infection
Virus
Parasite
Cybernetics/Implants
Selective design (test tube growth, gene splicing, etc)
Mutation
Other (Magic?)

>Infected Organism
Human
Small animal (Rat, dog, monkey, etc.)
Large animal (Gorilla, lion, elephant, etc.)
Aquatic animal (Fish, squid, coral, etc.)
Plant
Other (Mechanical, hybrid, etc.)

>Genotype Base
Vertebrate Animal
Invertebrate Animal
Small plant (vine, bush, flower)
Large plant (Tree)
Fungus
Mineral

>Body Type
Bipedal
Tripedal
Quadrupedal
More-Than-Quadrupedal (Choose number of limbs)
Serpentine
Sessile
Amorphous
Swarm-based
Tauric
Hybrid (Roll again twice)

>Intelligence level
Nonsentient (Mindless zombies)
Base cunning (Clever animals, maybe some rudimentary tool use)
Childlike
Sentient (Can think for itself, even if it can’t necessarily communicate)
Sapient (Thinks in the same line of thought as a human)
Inhuman Intelligence (Sentient, but alien compared to human thought processes)

I'm thinking other categories we need are the Intended Purpose of the bioweapon, it's Diet/Method of Sustenance, a table to determine its population (is it a one of a kind mutant, or something that can be mass-produced?) and then of course the gigantic table of powers/traits.

Needs an option for Multiple Methods of Creation

Easy. Metal and fuel is scarce or contaminated somehow. However large installations are still able to generate electricity, it just can't be transmitted or stored conveniently in large quantities.

So you need corporate biological weapons to fight over power grids as centers of production. Due to the limited manufacturing and logistics capability, bio-soldiers are created as living weapons that are self-propelling, able to fuel themselves off local bio-mass, endure ridiculous amounts of damage, etc. Each corporation has a set of pheremonal sprays that alter the bio-soldiers behaviours and are kept secret.

Why does it have to make sense? Abominables are a vanity project really, a very personal one at that, hell maybe you can just justify them as personal bodyguards and general populace police, but they're not really much good for warfare unless mass produced.
Id use them as intimate and loyal servants personally, made FOR me and approved of BY me. Maybe you can try something along those lines, like corporations are the real world powers and CEOs each have monsters they might send after another, think Zodiac Wars but with Frankenstein

I like it!

I dont wanna be that guy, but we should probably get a small catagory for the sex of the weapons, male, female, asexual, none, both.

Self aware machines decide it's murder time.

We build fleshinators in response.

Alright, I've finished a few more lists and edited previous ones, and now I'm hitting the big table, Mutations/Specific Attributes. Ideally I think we should make this a d100 with 100 different options, varying from beneficial to detrimental, and have you roll 1d10 or something to choose how many times you roll.

That said, anyone have any ideas for stuff to put on it?

Yeah, I should probably make a "reproduction" table with methods like "infection, corruption, sexual reproduction, asexual reproduction, parthenogenesis, etc." on it.

Ovipositors here we come!

Sure, I'll bite. I'll just list some random ideas here

>Changeling: Can assume the shape and looks of normal people for infiltration purposes.
>Vicious Bile: Can spit extremely hazardous acids
>Fluid Form: Can meld itself like clay to squeeze into openings both large and small
>Machine Assimilation: Can integrate machinery into its biology, from guns to computers.
>Fleshweave: Can alter the shapes of those it touches, fleshcrafting them into horrors

Dont forget the good old fashion hivequeen method!
>Bioweapon gives birth or lats eggs or just constructs little shitter versions of her/him/itself

War against the Chtorr

Cross-galaxy warfare. It's fine to drop nightmare monsters on a planet when you know they won't be able to get to yours any time soon.

Just gonna throw Twig out there. Its basically a setting built around the idea of bio weapons and shit.

was this a movie?
I don't remember this game.

Maybe warframe could be called like that? Biomechanical weapons are the thing there

Tell me more!
Warframe is a good example
>What happens if the bioweapons and peasants inherit the solar system

I really like where you guys are going with this.

Bioweapons are fucking amazing.

Alright, Table's finished, at least for now. Let's give it a test ride, eh?

Someone roll me 1d8 for the method of creation/infection.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

what other rolls will ya need?

A whole lot more, but for now I'll need 1d6 for the Base Organism. Here's the pastebin with the table as it is currently.
pastebin.com/WkUqT9Df

the Method of Creation is mutation! We're something that arose from what is basically random chance.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

okay, let's keep goin' I guess.

Alright! Whatever we are, our base organism is a large animal. Anything from a gorilla to an elephant and everything in between we have to choose from.

Next I'll need 1d8 for the Genotype Base, which is the base of whatever caused us our mutation, and therefore informs what kind of stuff we'll mutate with.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

Our Genotype Base is a large plant of some kind. Trees, large vines, and anything sufficiently sized. Seems like we're veering closer towards Harold from fallout.

Next I'll need our body type, which'll be a 1d10 roll.

Rolled 15 (1d100)

I like that we're developing towards "evil tree"

Large self-replicating machines with powerful energy source, weapons and shielding designed to use local biomatter to bypass any need for metal procesing.

Yeah. We still need to figure out what kind of animal we were at the start, but we're tree-ing up fast.

I'll count that 15 as a 2 and that gives us Tripedal! We've got three legs/roots/tendrils/what have you! I think it works well with the tree idea.

Next roll 1d10 for our intelligence level.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

ere ya go
Fuckin' evangelion.
I STILL have never watched it.

Whoops, I mistyped the prompt on the pastebin! It should be 1d6 for intelligence, not 1d10. Roll again?

Evangelion's a little less BOW and a little more eldritch metaphysics, though I could see it as very high-power bioweapons. Still, its a different scale than something like Resident Evil or hell even Prototype.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

We have a nonsentient/animalistic intelligence, which is fitting considering we were originally an animal.

Next I'll need 1d20 for our Method of Sustenance.

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Horrible predator, come on horrible predator

We devour the essential salts of our prey! This is some freaky alchemy shit, but it also means that the corpses we leave are absolutely horrific, since they're missing solid, possibly metal-based chemical compounds.

Next I'll need 1d6 for our population and rarity.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Man, so they like, literally root them up?

We're rare, which I think works with this. You're not going to see forests of nightmare trees, but you might find one hiding in a regular forest.

I mean, if we root them up or not depends on how we physically build the creature. IT could use roots as tubes to drain the salts in solution, or render the body down to crystals and consume the ones it wants, or entomb corpses in its boughs an slowly pick the salts out of them. The possibilities are endless.

Next I'll need 1d10 for our "intended purpose". Now as a mutation, we probably weren't deliberately made, but some company like Umbrella is definitely gonna try and capitalize on the murdertee once they find it.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

I dunno, umbrella might be drunk enough to just hit the "radiation mutationator" button like 50 times and see what kind of bullshit comes out.

Our intended purpose was Sabotage/Infiltration. A creature that looks like a tree is actually remarkably good at that, and make a damn good trap. Also I'm gonna say that the radation mutationator is definitely a production of Umbrella's Florida branch.

Next I'll need 1d10 to determine our main method of sensing things/our prey.

Umbrella makes a lot more sense when you realize they're probably drunk.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

forgot my die

Wesker interrupts his busy schedule of taking body shots out of Jill's navel to pick a bunch of project proposals at random and give them blank checks. Truly, the pinnacle of weapons development.

I believe this is how it works 100%

Our main sense is hearing. Perhaps our branches act as extended ears of some kind? Either way, we hear much better than anything else.

Next I'll need 1d8 for our skin/surface type. This doesn't necessarily have to conflict with the bark of the tree, but could be the form underneath the bark, or inform what kind of animal we're based on.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

Sonar tree is a go.
Makes sense, given that trees are NOISY when they punch you.

Ooh, we're smooth/slimey when we don't have bark. Maybe our bark secretes sap, making it work like a giant Sundew? youtube.com/watch?v=frmyzIhD29Q

Next I'll need 1d8 for our size. Are we a gigantic megatree, or something smaller? We can rule out anything too small, since our base form is a big animal to start.

Suppressing rebels and insurgents without risking your soldiers? Drop some pods on them and wait for them to be eradicated, then hit the killswitch. Less fun to camp in a cave when xenomorphs can burrow out of the walls at any moment, or being hunted in the hills by literal wolfmen.

Hey, less difficult to do with drones, but I guess you've got the autonomous nature of living weapons, and the psychology factor.

Rolled 7 (1d8)

Okay, let's see how big the terror slime tree is.