She was apparently captured by the Chaos Lord Balzaropht, who corrupted her after many rounds of agonising torture...

>She was apparently captured by the Chaos Lord Balzaropht, who corrupted her after many rounds of agonising torture, bringing her into the cult of Slaanesh. She was the first Sister of Battle to willingly fall to such disgrace.
That doesn't sound entirely willing. Is she literally the only one to just surrender to pain (and maybe pleasure).

What about all the others? Did they just die instead, or continue to be tortured eternally but refusing to surrender? Can chaos keep a person alive indefinitely?

Can one be "unwillingly" corrupted, despite refusal to submit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eO4P1vYF04A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The other SoBs captured by chaos are still in the warp refusing to give up their faith while being the subject of an endless stream of demons hentai doujin ideas.

So yes, she was the only one who cracked and decided to do the fucking on her own terms.

Are people in 40k really that dedicated to their faith that they'd not be utterly broken by literally being in hell and tortured by demons for what might end up as an eternity?

That's an inhumane amount of dedication.

They can survive bombs n shit just by believing in E money really, really hard. Their dedication is truly amazing.

>Can one be "unwillingly" corrupted
Just make them say chaos spawn.

Some SoBs got mind-puppeted in Cain's books (alongside everyone that meets that particular psyker). And some possessed appear in Daemonifuge.

That's headcanon. There are a lot of corrupted SoBs in the fluff.

Heck, one of the SoBs betrayed her coven for the sake of agenestealer cult.

>fighting against Chaos
>not fighting to the death or committing suicide to avoid capture
Sounds like she wasn't the most faithful Sister to begin with.

Garbage

SoB's / GK never falling is just propaganda like the US military never leaving someone behind.

Only one willingly converted.

Plenty have been mutated and corrupted against their will.

How is this important distinction was apparently lost on many people in this thread is unknown.

This only one sister has ever willingly fallen to chaos is just a fan story which gets posted online due to being on the 40k wiki.

> Miriael Sabathiel is a former Sister-Superior of the Adepta Sororitas' Order of Our Martyred Ladywho is the only known Battle-Sister in the history of the Imperium of Man to have willingly turned to the service of Chaos,

Focus on the "known" here. There may be many others, who are just not as infamous as she is. Neither the AdSor, nor the Ecclesiarchy, nor the Inquisition wants their names to become known. A single renegade is useful as an admonishment against pride.

Also, there is the whole "willingly" which leaves plenty of room for interpretation, For example, in my headcanon I have a Nurglite "cult," where after a horribly bloody battle the only survivor is a hospitalier novice. She goes crazy from the sight of her sisters dying in her arms as she is unable to help and calls for a miracle. Nurgle intervenes, sending an "angel" to help her and reanimating the bodies of her sisters. In her delusion, she sees the fly-like beast as a sign of life and healing, as the flies are the only living things around, and devotes herself to the words of this angelic messenger, Then she, that herald and her sisters go on to proclaim the miracle granted to them and bring the good news about the Living-in-Death Emperor to the populace of the Imperium.

In that case, the reanimated sisters have not "willingly" fallen, despite their bodies used as hosts by demons.

youtube.com/watch?v=eO4P1vYF04A

>A single renegade is useful as an admonishment against pride.
She's known because she was part of a short story, not because she's used in ecclesiarchy propaganda.

Thanks for your hot opinions, user. You sure showed them.

I think that's a reaction to BL authors making sisters job in the area where they're supposed to excell at, namely willpower and purity. See the genestealer cult example above.
It's as lame as making a SM crap his pants to show how cool and horrifying your monster is.

Nonetheless, she's the only known defecting sister, and apparently it's rare enough that a canoness (amongst other people) was sent to hunt her.

I think willingly just means that she chose to switch sides, circumstances aside. She chose Chaos over torture. Unwilling would be shit like possession or mind control, where the victim literally has no choice but to do as they're told.

Well, define willingly.

If you are tortured for 100 years by the most heinous of demons, literally doing things to their body and mind that could not be possible in the physical realm, just to get away from the constant, endless pain and torment, is that willingly?

Because I would have a hard time believing she is the only one. I dare say I would be surprise if its the exception not the rule that any human mind is able to actually resist being in literal hell and the plaything of demons for significant amounts of time.

Also what is it like to become a corrupted servant of Chaos against your will?

Body control like what happens if you make Jonah Orion go chaos in DowII:CR?

Sounds like new 40k neckbeard faggotry to me.

Sabathiel was cool in the sense that she is the only and unique chaos sister of battle.

>Muh traitor sisters
There is no such thing.

>Sabathiel was cool in the sense that she is the only and unique chaos sister of battle.
That's actually nice, but it would be more impressive if she actually earned it by willingly turning to Chaos, not just "tortured so hard did what any other human being would do and do anything to make it stop, then ended up liking it".

Because otherwise how different would she be from any other sister that just cracked under the strain? Because there are bound to be far more of those.

No, the abnett story also says she's the only one

Where does the tortured bit comes from, anyways? In the story she doesn't talk about it at all.

Either the Card Game or the Graphic Novel likely.

There's a graphic novel?
Her card doesn't have fluff on it.

Speaking of SoB lore, does anyone has the Sisters of Battle Omnibus? It got some new short stories, apparently.

The short story The Invitation states a canoness believes that no sister has ever fallen. Even for what ever reason you believe the thoughts of a in-universe religious fanatic there is no fluff saying she is the only one or only willingly fallen one. She could be the first.

>Nonetheless, she's the only known defecting sister,

That isn't true. Chaos sisters have appeared in a few BL stories, Daemonifuge being one of the most famous. The 5th edition Grey Knight codex also mentions chaos sisters.

I don't think you can call a possessed or a mindbroken person a defector.

In 40k you can. Many chaos marines have similar background stories yet we do not questions if they are defectors while they praise chaos and slaughter priests.

Hell, it is even stated that chaos corrupts all mortals who come in contact with so if we give sisters a free pass why not everyone else?

I believe Chaos marines accepted their situation. That why have the distinction with renegade marines (that aren't called traitors afaik, since they can still serve manking and fight Chaos in some cases). Or the mutated, warp-spawned Legion of the Damned.
Nobody calls Inquisitor Drogan from the Space Marine game a defector.

>I believe Chaos marines accepted their situation.

That is incorrect. The Blood Disciples for an example were turned instantly to chaos via tainted blood. While in other examples the power of chaos slowly corrupted the marines via whispers or other means, such as the Emperor's children.

Does somebody call them defectors, or are they considered KIA?

There is also the Soul Drinkers, who up until the very end professed loyalty to the emperor, but due to their extreme mutations (their chaptermaster was had giant spider legs) were declared Excommunicatus Traitoris.

My dick requests to know more about the torture sessions.

*Ahem*, I said my dick requests to know more, I would appreciate if someone could help him out.

She just got raped a lot by big chaos dick until she thought the cum being pumped down her throat was bretty good.

Don't worry, once GW finds a way to noblebright 40k, the Ynneed will kill/purify Slaanesh so Miriael can be good again. Also so they can put in a billion overpowered "order" factions and races of all sorts of super kid-autist friendly superhumans and demigods and all powered armored varieties of units imaginable.

Christ, user, calm down.

I imagine every SoB in the Warp is like some great prize for a demon.

A toy that will never break, but its endless fun trying to break it.

Absolutes are boring