Ok. I bought a bunch of rule books. Every major system, read cover to cover

Ok. I bought a bunch of rule books. Every major system, read cover to cover.

I've taken a shower and put deodorant on, and have plenty of normie friends so I'm not rude and am passable in social situations.

I have located a store with a healthy scene and lots of people to play.

But now, how do I do the last step of finding a group? How do I actually walk up and talk to people? I see tables of people playing a lot but it's not like you can just walk up and say hello. How do you do this last step? What are some stories of how you did that last step? I always hear about people getting lucky in college and stuff like that, or people they're already friends with starting to play. But we can't all be that lucky.

don't be autistic, maybe?

Easier said than done

>but it's not like you can just walk up and say hello.
you literally can tho

look nigger it aint that hard. go to the local game store and ask if there are any groups. they may offer contact info or another means of getting in touch with a group.

It'll happen, but then you will have to contend with being the less weird one of the group.

The real question is: can you handle that?

>How do I actually walk up and talk to people?

By doing exactly that. Hello is usually the best way to start.

Walk up to a game, stay at a respectful distance and watch for a few minutes. If someone says hello, say hello back and ask what game they're playing. They'll reply and then you can pick up a conversation. At some point during the conversation ask if they're taking new players. Say that you're interested in Game X and would like to try it. Say that you're a beginner. Generally people will try to help you. If they don't, or belittle/insult/ignore you, then try another table.

Socializing takes effort but it's not insurmountable.

Most game stores have a fb page, just join that and post on there, saying you'd like to try rpgs. Or ask the owner if they know anyone who's thinking of starting a game soon.

Be clean and presentable (no anome shirts or stains)
Observe from afar. Wait for when one of the people is not too occupied.
Walk up confidently, like you're not afraid and are glad to be there.
Ask ab easy question or make an observation. While doing so make eye contact or look at something of shared interest.
WAIT FOR AN ANSWER. Count to three slowly before saying anything else. Maintain stance and eye contact.
If they speak, similarly wait before replying. They may say more.
If they say little, they may not want to talk. Try another question or observation. If you get another short response and no followup, move on.

The secret to getting people to like you is to enable them to talk about stuff they like. Once rapport is established you can make your pitch. "I want to start my own group" or "I would oike to join a group." Or "Are you looking for new members?"

>watch
isn't that rude?

If they are in a private room, yes. If they are at a open table, no.

Feast your eyes on my otherworldly knowledge user!

>move to new town
>want to find a new game/group
>go to lgs
>ask guy at counter if there are any groups that play there
>he tells me when different groups meet and on what day
>I show up early that day and ask the GM if I could join
>he says yes

IT'S FUCKING MAGIC

My LGS has a cork board with listings for games or people looking for players. See if yours has one, if no one's looking, post one yourself.

>IT'S FUCKING MAGIC
Found the problem. And it was all going so well up to that point.

>My LGS has a cork board with listings for games or people looking for players. See if yours has one, if no one's looking, post one yourself.
This. Worst-case scenario, you have to make a poster advertising yourself and you have to wade through a couple unfun groups before you find people you enjoy playing RPGs with.

>Go to store.
>Ask store owner about local scene
>Get contact info of GM
>Arrange a meet
>When you meet make eye contact, give firm handshake, and say "Hello Im user"
>Talk about the game
>¿¿¿
>profit

>I've taken a shower and put deodorant on
The fact that you have to list taking showers and putting on deodorant as positives character traits gives off some warning signs to me.

it's a popular meme here.
So making that post gives off warning signs of you being a newfag.

Underrated post

You went completely ass backwards.

Start with one book, smell horrible, and have no normie friends. Then branch outwards into different games, hygiene, and social skills.

I wish I were kidding

>tfw living in the backwater town of a backwater country
>tfw no lgs
>tfw the closest game store is 400km away