There have already been 6 imperial codices, and 6 space marine codices

>There have already been 6 imperial codices, and 6 space marine codices
>There is already a problem of imperial players simply being able to pick and choose the best parts of 52% of the game's factions
>Xenos armies are full of ancient 1st and 2nd edition sculpts that need updating, and have gaps in them from discontinued units or canonical units still without game presence
>6 of the 8 xenos factions need codices

I know what our next release should be
>GOLD SPACE MARINES
>And let's spend our time and money recreating existing higher quality forgeworld sculpts in plastic, and then just let people pick either!
>And let's rape the lore and any sense of direction in this game by adding jetbike units!
>And let's call this the fucking year of the xenos!

Predicted next codices: Thousand Sons, Space Wolves, Black Templars, T'au, World Eaters.

Still no new Sisters of Battle codex in sight

Once Space Marines get their 2nd 8th codex you'll get yours, promise!

does this need it's own tread? lots of whinging already in the general

>its nothing but saints with daemon prince stats that can't die and armed mobile superheavy citidel fortresses.

Yesh.

There have been 2 new space marine factions launched for 8th already
Let's assume thousand sons come out first.
When codex cuckstodes releases, there will be 13 factions with codices, 8 of them will be space marines, 2 of them will be brand new space marine factions.
This is getting out of hand.

They should call it Warhammer: Spacemarine at this rate

I agree that it seems to be a poorly timed release, there are a lot of things I'd have preferred to come out first, but Custodes are not strictly speaking Space Marines

Look, another butt-hurt spoiled manchild throwing a tantrum because someone didn't give him the lolipop he wanted!!!!

Is insulting your customers the currently marketed strategy for handling customer criticism online in the nerd business world? Been seeing it too much lately.

>calling someone a retarded HATER XD instead of actually disagreeing with anything they said.
Well, it was more effort than just posting a smug anime girl, so 2/10

Would it bother you if it were, since you are so unashamedly about doing that to the company that you love to hate/hate to love?

If you're asking whether it annoys me that instead of responding to criticism healthily, companies now snarkily talk shit to their own paying customers and drive away business. Yes. Yes that annoys me very much. It is ridiculous.

>drive away business
>Hey guys we need something we know is going to get hype and will sell well to tease / release in the after Christmas / new year sales slump. We've got a few xenos in the pipeline but we don't think they'll quite hit the targets we want, ideas?
>Eldar is a good seller but we've already released their codex, how about T'au?
>No, with the influx of sales they got in 7th they probably won't sell as well as we'd like even if we pull the codex forward, hey Forgeworld what's not standard Marines and is selling well?
>Custodes is doing well in 30k
>Perfect we'll pop that out and get people wanting for a soon ish release, how's the xeno stuff coming?
>Ready to go whenever

Seriously Custodes is not driving away new business, it's driving more business. Marines sell because they're the most basic army to learn, and people that like Marines and already have an army want more different Marines. Hence getting GK, DA, BA so early on.
The rest of the xenos are coming, we're what 7? 8? Months into 8th Ed. This bitching about Marines is stupid with the speed they're they're churning everything out.

Hell we're not far off running out of Marines completely, and with the amount of new units that've come out for them you should be able to extrapolate that the remaining xeno codex's are most likely getting some cool new shit. I'm expecting a biggish release of something around June and building to a big release (maybe orks or plastic sisters) in time for Christmas

the GW business model is to sell miniatures, not cater to players needs.

They release codexes to sell new miniatures. Imperial armies are the most popular, so they release imperial codexes to sell the most miniatures.

If you want a game that actually caters to the players needs, play something else.

>(maybe orks or plastic sisters)
Orks it is then.

We are also 8 months and what, 5 model release cycles in and have yet to see anything that isn't marines in terms of models even remotely in the pipeline. 8ed starter was marines, follow up was marines, followup was marines, follow up to that was marines, and follow up to that was marines, finally they've just announced a new series of models: plus-size space marines.

These things don't get released on a fucking whim you know. They sit on releases for a while, so they probably decided to make these new custodes when they saw how popular the Prospero box was.

What do you expect them to do now that they've got them ready to go? Just not release them?

I guarantee if you complain enough then you will see a massive wave of xenos releases a year or two from now, except by then you'll probably be bitching that chaos hasn't gotten anything recently.

So why dont they take the lessons learned from that and make the other factions popular?

Its not like they didnt do that with the Tau before.
Even in AoS they managed to make Squats and people liked it.

Its a Crap excuse realy.

Also GW could for once stop treating the other factions as the literal NPC factions.
Everyone knows people will gravitate towards factions that get screentime and have their viewpoint shown.

>So why dont they take the lessons learned from that and make the other factions popular?
I honestly don't think GW knows how to make non-human factions anymore. It would be too risky and might even stand out in 40ks setting a bit too much. There are literal shitloads of forgettable alien races and bland factions in scifi of all sorts (and plenty of fantasy settings too), so stuff like some super abstract energy race would be too difficult for GW's design team to flesh out, create distinctive units, come up with an entire race background that is somehow shoehorned into fluff, as well as give the race themes that help it sell and fill out a niche in 40k.

If lets say some normal human faction from the Dark Ages of Technology or an ancient energy being race was being considered, most of the existing interpretations in other games and media is boring, blocky, not tactical or "medieval/fantasy" enough and would stick out poorly.

Like mixing your Infinity models with your 40k army and the aesthetic wouldn't match.

Too much risk for GW, same deal with BL who used to throw in loads of fluff seeds, and suggest units that eventually got made into the tabletop, like some of the space marine heavies and shit. So they make Chaos the bad guy instead of introducing some even super ancient demigod race/ancient supertech machine/more pantheons.

This has been the best release in a long while, solely for the nuke it set off in the collective xenos ass

Guess only cool imperial units strap their bolters to their wrists.

>Thinks Custodes jetbikes are new
Opinion can safely be ignored.

>Predicted next codices: Thousand Sons
We already know that. Are you dense?

Nah. No one cares about xenos players.

But they are not Space Marines? Do you fags even lore?

Nah you forgot the Ynnari and their three whole models

Yeah they're hand made transhuman super duper soldiers in power armour as opposed to mass produced transhuman super soldiers in power armour. There's a world of difference.

40K doesn't need anymore alien races. Pretty much every trope has been covered at this stage.

It still needs space skaven

It really doesn't and if you still feel it does they can be a Tau auxiliary.

Space Marines are already on their sixth 8th edition codex.

Delicious NPC tears

Finally, someone else who thinks the amount of Marines is BS.

I only play marines but i desperately wish for orks to get an update. I want to see a fresh batch of models for the green tide for my dudes to fight against.

>Tau auxiliary.
Remember when that aspect of the Tau was being explored? I remember when the Vespid were first released; the Tau were finally starting to feel like an alien coalition, rather than some blue dudes with bird mercenaries. Since then, it's been battlesuit after battlesuit.

The stormsurge concept would have been perfect to add a new race to the faction; it's a static heavy weapons platform, something that doesn't fit into usual Tau doctrine, but fills a niche the broader Tau military lacks.

I dont think there will be any new models.

Only DG and Primaris Marines got new models. For the rest its mostly new options out of existing models, like TS getting some of the AoS Tzeentch stuff

Nobody wants xenos.
They have always been fit only for the background in the setting. Their entire purpose is to make the imperials look better

Well nope - Imperial vs Chaos is the main focus of 40K - as it should have been for all those years. All others are NPC so GTFO

The waifu faction.
Pretty much only fat losers want sisters

Hey, gunbunnies are best trope and SoB are exactly that.
Also Xenos are NPC's? Do you even into lore?

>to make the imperials look better
You mean space marines
other imperial factions are getting fuck all from GW as well as xenos

Best trope for fat and lazy humans

>admech still have no troop transport
>guard get two awful looking plastic troops, metal troops or forgeworld cancer
>sisters of battle
>half of the eldar army is finecast, some of their minis are literally from rogue trader days
>dark eldar are missing the majority of their special characters
>orks have models from the previous millenium and no decent plastic warboss
>The lost and the damned basically gone forever now

>"lets make a whole new model range for some golden space marines who already have a whole model range on forgeworld"

Oh look, another bittered manchild annoyed at other people not being as mediocre and conformist as he is.

What a hypocritical failure you turned out.

False, at this point I couldnt even be bothered on keeping up with the story. It’s filled by retcons, ass pulls at a fast pace courtesy of fucking neckbeard hacks.

I am so fucking glad Alan Blight isnt working there no more. Fag didnt even love himself enough to save himself.

>Chaos vs imperial
Booooooriiiiiiing! This isnt HH you know? Fuck of to your momas basement pedro.

Wait, you still not realize they are trying to transform 40k into 30k?

Oh I know hh has them
But if these AREN'T new in the lore, the entire dark angels "last imperial jetbike" thing is now dust in the wind.

40ks aliens were always pretty much Fantasy races with a Sci Fi coat of paint.
And realy most of them arent any less sympathetic than the empire, since the empire is also not very sympatheitc.
Eldar could be just as much a PoV race as the Empire is. For a more humorous standpoint: See Dawn of War 2s Ork campaign, that worked realy well and people loved it.
The only alien faction that you can not make a PoV from is Tyranids.

I dont want GW to introduce some new very Sci Fi esque aliens, i want em to flesh out the ones they have and maybe add a few of the fantasy races that are missing such as Skaven or Lizards.

At this point GW is running out of relevant factions for the empire to fight. Im not kidding when i call them NPC factions, they bareley appear in the fluff, if they appear then they do so to get shot by space marines. The only time they get some spotlight is when the IG fights them, because there theyve got a fighting chance at least.
its just ridiculous that GW crowds the Game with factions that are aligned with one another while citing the fact that they are the PoV factions as the reason for that.

It'll never cease to disappoint me how much they've neglected that aspect and instead turned them into "Orwellian Imperialists in giant anime robots"

Also

[spoilers] Still no Hrud[/spoilers]

>bawww people are leaving their little leddit bubbles
Get the fuck out.

They're human, so it's coming before Necrons, don't you worry

When did GW last release a model that wasn't another space marine?

40k lore is even more worthless in this day and age than Star Wars lore.

For 40K, it will be one year in February since a non-space marine model has come out.

when did cawl and the babes come out?

People saying on Facebook the same thing

>Oh cool, another Imperial and Chaos book... didn't you promise us Xenos?

and their response is

>Tyranids and Eldar not good enough for you?
to which the fanbois respond
>ZOMG BTFO XDDDDDDD

It's a Marine world

You're not posting on Veeky Forums because you're a specimen of human success whatever you say to the contrary

January. One year ago.
February was fracture of biel-tan
March was gullyman, and since then it's been nothing but space marines and nurgle.

I must've had it confused with when they started selling Cawl separately

>Xenos armies are full of ancient 1st and 2nd edition sculpts
Our of all the valid points you could choose from, you decided to use blatant lies. 10/10, OP.

;_;

I still remember when the Tau were all "titans are retarded, why would we use them when we have hovercraft and mantas?"
Meanwhile, no demiurg in sight outside BFG.

who are they fighting in this picture? old-ass plague marines?

Ireland what about the Nicassar? Sure, they're probably not well suited to the 40k table, but acknowledging that they exist in the fluff would be nice.

Being the only faction willing room let other species integrate really made he Tau stand out, but at this point they might as well be as xenophobic as the imperium for all it matters on the table.

Loads of Ork vehicles are from Gorkamorka which was around 2nd edition, Eldar warlocks are from fucking rogue trader.

Sure, there aren't THAT many 1st ed sculpts floating about, but do you want a comprehensive list of the 2nd edition sculpts? It'd take quite a while.

>Xenos armies are full of ancient 1st and 2nd edition sculpts that need updating

Post three 1st or 2nd edition sculpts that are still the only available model for certain unit.

I hate GeejeW as much as the next guy, but thats just bs.

I think GWc aught themself in self made trap. On one hand to make any faction good they would have to make the rules powerful, but in the case of xeno factions, this would make their marine/imperial players less happy, and because those form the core of their buyers, GW focuses their updates on imperials. this means again means more people pick them, and less popular factions get ignored.

Add to this an inability to playtest the way the game is actually played outside of GW closed enviroment, and the whole CAAC mind set, and we end up with what we have right now. If GW couldn't "fix" w40k with a soft reset, they will not do it ever. And while I feel sorry for xeno players, or imperials that end up with bad rules, there is 0 chance for it to change. I mean 2-3 editions ago we had problems like some factions being worse/better then others and a good core set of rules. Now we have a internally unbalanced set of core rules, and GW doesn't even register that someone may want to play something like WB or IW, without demons, FW, magnus and mortarion .

They look like new Death Guard in pre-heresy colours, but I don't think there are any that carry plasma guns, and I don't recognise any of the backpacks either

Challenge accepted
>warbuggy

With eldar it is almost all HQs. All the phoenix lords, warp spiders, dark reapers, dire dragons , aspect exarchs, farseers and warlorcks.

Any of the phoenix lords

farseers have a relatively new plastic kit now

Hell, even the yiffs have some 2nd ed minis, like Ragnar here.

Im pretty sure there are newer aspect warriors, but warlocks, ork buggies and phoenix lords cover it. Damn.

Warbuggy
Wartrakk
Skorcha.
Oh, wait, sorry, they discontinued the skorcha, so now there's no model for that.
All of the phoenix lords.

Plague Marines kit, definitely. There are 1-2 plasma guns in that kit and the backpack beside that dude could either be the DI one or a very similar one from said kit.

Definitely Plague Marines in DG colors.

Are the people thinking GW should churn out nothing but space marines happy to fight nothing but other space marines and out of date, off scale minis?

only fags use plastic models.

abadon, fabius are 2ed too. As is the only good model for Yarik . Catachan Lt and Colonels are also only metal. Same with other regimental HQ, with the exeption of cadians.

You mean 30k?

I don't see what Tod has to do with anything, is GW going to make a Skyrim tabletop game when the Hobbit finally dies?

dead game

>sisters
>just sisters.
>almost all of the sisters

Dark Angels have been a joke for ages now. Their entire shtick was some of them turned traitor, that they as a chapter did not stay 100% loyal or fall completely to Chaos. Once the HH novels revealed that, yeah every chapter had at least a handful of guys that went against the grain, DA’s flagelation over this “unforgivable betrayal” and the psychotic lengths they went to to keep it a secret became a freaking parody.

The chapter is like Spongebob and Patrick after they “stole” the balloon on Free Balloon Day.

I legitimately don't understand why GW seem oblivious to these problems though. DA, as far as I can see, are 3rd/4th ed 40K in a nutshell, dark, grim, and gothic, and as the editions have progressed they've fit less and less into the game, and their lore has made less sense.
They've never really added any more to the betrayal thing, HH fucked their lore up and they haven't made any efforts to fix it in the present, and now with the jetbikes it looks like they're actively trying to push Dangles players out of the game. I don't even play them but fuck I hate what they've done to them.

daemons arent space marines

Daemons aren't 40k exclusive
All the 40k exclusive nurgle shit got released last year

World Eaters are in the CSM codex you brainlet

They'll probably be getting a huge new model range at the end of the year though with a bunch of shit that aint in the codex

and if not them then emperor's children instead

They are going to release a new chaos primarch, and their legion is going to get a release along with it. It's most likely going to be Angron or Fulgrim.
I mean, Black Templars are much less likely, if you wanted to criticize my joke predictions?

>almost all of the sisters
canoness, superiors (including seraphims), special weapons, imagifier, repentia and non-militant orders aside. The Witch Hunters codex saw a lot of new sculpts.
Only the bolter grunts are still from 1998.

>Catachan Lt and Colonels are also only metal.
but not from 2nd edition

Also third edition (the only warlock from 1999, actually).

You're making defend GW, anons. Shame on you.

Is GW gonna sell Celestine and sistahs separately some day? I don't want to pay extra for ugly Mr. Coolgears and Literally Who Inquisitorix.

the fist guy and the cigar guy have to be from 2ed at least, because I remember a m8 buying them for his army. along side his 3 fast re-load catachan Rocket Lanuchers teams.

This. God bless the Custodes.

She's ~$30 on eBay if you buy her sprue separately, or ~$20 if you buy the box and sell the other models.

>>And let's call this the fucking year of the xenos!

Literally who said this? Rumormongers? Maybe they were WRONG.