Your character, thought to be a native to the mortal world, is in the Prime Material Plane

>your character, thought to be a native to the mortal world, is in the Prime Material Plane

>your character succumbs to a Banishment

>they wind up in the Abyss full of demons, which, as it turns out, is their real home plane

What do you do? How does your character react to this revelation?

Nightmare Mode: In a seraglio full of succubi. They have yet to notice your character.

>Well...that does explain why I made such a good sorcerer.
>Guess what bitches, I'm back!

Well I mean I'm playing a demon brawler so not a whole lot changes beyond him now having the chance to punch a lot more demons and devils directly as opposed to the warlocks and cultists that serve them. Can't really see a flaw here beyond his new punching bags being immune to being fisted by fire tbqh.

My LN dwarf craft-wizard is going to have a serious meltdown. He'll probably set out to find a spell to turn himself into a real dwarf, or some other non-chaotic being. He might turn LG just to spite whatever cruel god allowed this fate to occur. He was never very cooperative with chaotic behavior and this revelation might push him to extreme lawfulness. As for the succubi, he's not a stealthy guy so he'll try diplomacy to get away from them. He never hated demons but he sure doesn't want to mingle with a bunch of them at once. As long as they're nice to him he'll be nice back, which may go poorly for him, he seems susceptible to their charms.

Succubus living in the Abyss has never made sense to me unless you are going for the slaneesh angle, if they are just cute evil bitches they should belong to a more lawful plane, I personally place them in Gehenna.

>Succubus living in the Abyss has never made sense to me unless you are going for the slaneesh angle

In the Planescape days, higher types of demons started out as lower-ranking demons and worked their way up the power ladder the orky way. At some point in a demon's development it becomes a succubus so it can get all the nuances of tempting mortals down before it moves on to the upper ranks.

Each balor was a succubus at some point in it's life?

Demons can skip rungs if they're in the right place at the right time, but the promotion chain is a straight line. Almost all (if not all) Balor were Succubi at one point.
Devils don't have a straight promotion chain, but Erinyes are the "fast track to management" so most Ice Devils and Pit Fiends were Erinyes once.

[Anime pic] "This happen what do?" threads are the fucking worst.

>side-tie or nopan
Though call.

Bonus points if said anime picture features lolis and/or lesbians

Why not both?

What if he was just a dwarf born in the Abyss?

"This makes WAAAAY too much fucking sense."

Nightmare mode: Death by snu snu. Neither sneaky enough nor powerful enough to get out (low level Rogue).

>Wild Tielfing Monk with maxed Dex/Wis

Guess the succubi are going to enjoy their fisting and my character can go and become a proper demon king.

>human paladin of Torm

This turn of events is deeply confusing and concerning.

But no time for that now, it is time to CLEAVE AND SMITE, thinking about the ramifications comes later.

Low level rogues can definitely sneak out of the Abyss.

Makes perfect sense to me.

"well, I knew the contract wouldn't last forever... I wonder where the warlock's bro is? I have some questions for him now I'm back here, for the third time I guess..."

Then again, rogues are right and proper fucked (no pun intended) by succubi.

You know, it always made sense to me that the different types of demons and devils should be more general descriptions rather than "This is what they are straight up" I suppose now I have more reasons then ever to play this angle

Figure who is local Demon Lord, walk up to his throne and tell him to get the fuck out of my chair.

It would at least partly explain why a cult of demon worshipers bought her and didn't sacrifice her.
The plan remains unchanged, she just needs to find a way out.

When did Veeky Forums go from "let's talk about tabletop games" to "let's talk about shoving our pathetic sexual fantasies into tabletop games we never actually play"?

>Be me. Be devil worshipper.
This is obviously some just as planned shit by my patron. Now if only I could figure out the plan.

What kind of website do you think you're on, user-kun

Flustered panic, probably end up half thankful he can pass as a girl and half wonder if this is the reason his goddess had him wear a chastity belt as part of his vows
Somehow end up getting fucked/dommed by a succubus either way before the party rescues him/tries to trade him to the sucubi for money depending on their offer

Bottom row left most and the four right most on the bottom row are best succubusses

RIP AND TEAR until it is done.

murderhobo in hell

violence is always in demand by someone

>hardmode
fuck'em, both meanings

Well...
>elf slave what do
...quite a long time ago.

>Vanir is a good succubus
Prepare to be disappointed.

I know none of them so until I do, I won't

Playing a Demon Archer in a Heroes of Humanity (rifts) campaign, literally going to shot them all in the knee with an arrow.

A website with plenty of other boards to jerk off all over. If every poster on Veeky Forums is a fag, you're the faggiest of all.

Devils live in the Nine Hells.
Demons live in the Abyss.

She wouldn't be *that* surprised given that she was your common sigilian tiefling street rat in her childhood, but very annoyed. I mean, she isn't good, she's neutral evil leaning a bit more towards true neutral, and she's got a succubi party member, but demons are some of our worst enemies currently so it's definitively not good news either.
If she's got her planar amulet, she teleports out immediately. Otherwise, she uses whatever spells she's got left to try and sneak out, and if that doesn't work, try and get herself killed.
She's a lich, it's an actual way to get out of there, even if it isn't the most practical one.

one would Freak the fuck out, but she does that every plane shift (on acount of being tied up and dosed to the eyeballs on halucinogenics so she isn't sure what is real and what is not and dramatic changes leave her denying reality)

one would try to be as nonchalant as possible... and fail because he is excessively flamboyant and a lot of an arsehole

the last would beat the location of a bar out of something, go there, get drunk, and kick seven shades of shit out of the first person to mock his dress

I mean, if this is my home, that means I'm secretly a demon who forgot my memories and thinks I'm a human. Since there's an apartment complex filled with succubi, there's clearly some type of relatively advanced/similar civilization. Might as well learn how to live in this plane and make a comfy living.

Anyone who wants anime in their game is a fetish fag and anyone who allows it is a filthy enabler of bad behaviour

I've yet to meet a weaboo that wasn't some kind of pervert mentally fapping to this shit and awkwardly injecting cringy innuendo into every bit of shitty RP. Losing their shit if their waifu is threatened and acting like a fucking child if they don't get their way.

TLDR: You're all fucking scum

>Plot twist, the demon realm is actually friendlier than your home town

Wow, someone who remembers..

Favored Soul of Pelor that eventually went evil trying to save his people from an Outer God abomination finds out he's "returned" to the abyss?

>That moment when a fallen scion of the sun finds out he was everything he tried to destroy.

Probably travel across the abyss weeping his eyes out as he double cast inflict wounds mass on everything he saw before he's finally cut down and ending his misery.

It infuriates me that you didn't have more interaction with Dagda in that game
and that the 2 routes are the fucking same

This.

Fuck off, weebshit.

You keep showing up everywhere

Why does anime anger you so much?

I understand that the waifu shit can be obnoxious, but you seem to be genuinely mad

I see you're a man of culture as well.

Because all anime is obnoxious and cringy, and the ones that are, by some miracle, not, still attract obnoxious and cringy people to this board.

I am mad because Veeky Forums became a board where your ideas are shunned unless they're taken from some third-rate show with shit like in OP pic, little girls with huge weapons and other braindead shit. It is the lowest tier of creativity, beastfolk for people with no balls, and if these picures will keep getting posted, i will continue to fight against them.

Honestly, shitty beastfolk trigger me the most, because it's some second-rate shit that screams "i am a furry in denial but maybe if they will be girls wearing cosplay instead Veeky Forums won't scream at me!"

It's an offshoot of Veeky Forums culture where hating anthros mindlessly is "cool" so you fags made up watered down versions of them and are furiously masturbating on "acceptable" monstergirls. It's duplicious and fucking sad and pathetic.

Cosplay is, like, one of the most normal fetishes in the world, dude.

Doesn't matter who or where she is, she isn't ending her quest till she has reunited with her sister.
Though being a child of the realm may mean she doesn't need to fight her way back out but rather spend some time learning her way around till she finds an approprite exit.

Is it really "lawful" behavior if you're doing it to spite your chaotic-aligned society?

Yeah, but it has no place in serious settings.The only possible explanation for anime beastfolk is that some pervy wizard or god made them, and that will inevitably clash with anything else in a setting.

I imagine it would be.
They live by structured codes and aside from Klingon Promotions, they would have little to fight each other for.
Hell, Klingon Promotions may even benifit the system because shit bosses get stabbed and arse kissing only gets you so far.

Hear, hear. I wouldn't even have a problem with the anime posters if they would stop posting fetish horseshit with a paper-thin excuse for the thread existing.

A fantasy race is usually Human + X, where X is some fantastical or exaggerated trait. Anime beastfolk fit right in there.

Well, in 3.5, assuming you were facing a Truenamer and a Cleric, this is precisely what could happen. Truenamer could (theoretically) add the 'Fiend' archetype to an enemy, making them targetable by Banish, which didn't have a time limit, so it was a perma-ban from the material plane.

As a shadow demon that possesses mortal beings, it would most likely jog his memory. He would then most likely be able to access the full list of his powers and abilities, and set about bending them to his will so that he can return to his home and retake his throne on the plane of shadow

>Yeah, but it has no place in serious settings.
Drow exist.

>no place in serious settings
Centaur
Faun
Satyr
Mermaid
Anggitay
Harpies
Selkies
Swan Maiden
Rusalka
Huldra
YawkYawk
Seriously user, I'm running out of them off the top of my head here.
Kitsunes
Neko-Mata
Jorogumo
Gumiho
Come on user, you seriously can't be THIS dumb.
Ningyo
Lamia
Yuan-ti
Naga
Kinnara
Polynesian Shark People who's name escapes me.
Sirena
Magindara
Beyla
Anything past this I'm going to have to break out the mythology books.

My point is 'anime beastfolk' is as old as mythology. Anything you say to the contrary is cognitive bias and you really need to read a book or two.

I like the leg sleeves

Couldn't tell you.

It's apparently chaotic behavior for Drizzt "It's not a phase, Mom, I'm GOOD" Do'Urden to rebel against his Lawful Evil societal expectations. Maybe it goes both ways.

>Hates mongolian basket-weaving
>Goes to a site built on mongolian basket-weaving
Why are you here

He said serious settings, not a bloody fetish mythological setting where a belligerent idiot celebrity becomes the head of a thermonuclear capable nation.

It's one fucking person, especially if the characters look a bit on the young side. He's the guy who spams /pfg/ with Kitsune pics too, though I guess he's decided to change up his tactics because he was starting to get permabanned.

Oh, he's a leftist. That explains why he can't stop bitching about nothing.

>It's one fucking person

You'd know all about that, wouldn't you.

I know it. But in this case I'm sure it's one individual because they have the same diction, posting style, etc.

Half the time they would post the question in /pfg/ first or if no one responded to his bait.

Is there anything more autistic than players who can't think of anything else for their characters to do besides REEEEEE and then "cleave and smite"?

>konosuba succubus brothel
My favorite part of that scene was the momentary look of disgust on the face of the succubus when the main character asked a "hypothetical" question about them making a dream about him fugging lolis.

>momentary look of disgust
>employs loli succubi
really makes you think

The problem is that when everyone has a humongous ego, everyone thinks they're worth a promotion.

Don't be a faggot, that was actually pretty funny.

Roleplaying anything other than murderhobo is hard, mkay

Looks like it's do or die time. Until either he's dead or the Abyss is clear of demons.

xD le paladin DYOOS VULT maymay haha!

What's the difference between a demon and a goat

Erinyes were once angels so they're a separate branch. The devil promotion chain also has a few branch off points and ranks that are ONLY given as punishment for failure. It's also worth noting that imps are ranked higher than bearded devils

According to fan art goats have horsecocks while demons don't necessarily have one.

People here apparent'y don't know that you can be a mortal born in the Abyss.

If the Abyss is supposed to be equal parts evil and chaos, what point is there to having a linear progression? Demons should eat each other and mutate new powers when they eat enough fellow demons.

It allows pathetic /pol/fags to live out their fantasizes in fiction in addition to allowing pathetic nerds with persecution complexes let off the steam by being holy and righteous and using that holy righteous to enact violence upon others.

It's essentially the religious equivalent of the katana wielding, trench coat wearing, fedora tipping edgelord. It's a desperate power fantasy, except it's worse since it has some all-mighty, never-wrong god backing them up and proving that they're never wrong since they're Lawful Good

You got banished. Banish only works on fiends.

Being a paladin I have a brief moment of doubt, then realize I've lived this long according to my oaths theirs no reason to turn back now. Begin searching for a way out, politely asking for directions if need be and apologizing for the intrusion.

>pathetic
I think you mean contemptible.
Don't overuse pathetic, it's becoming a term of just derision when it is supposed to include pity.

>human paladin specializing in demon-slaying
I will turn hell into a paradise. Mine, specifically. Because it's time to cleave and smite.

>they think they would be able to stand a fraction of a chance against an entire plane of intelligent creatures that are all stronger and more intelligent than them, while having zero knowledge of the area, zero friends, zero safe places to sleep, zero safe sources of food or equipment, etc.
kek smitefags wouldn't even make the Abyss' sunday news. They'd kill one person at most before being turned into mincemeat or thrown into eternal abyss prison to stone for their lawbreaking

I don't murderhobo as a rule, but what else am I supposed to do with a demon?

The difference is a demon invading another plane vs. demons that are just minding their own business in their own plane.

Just adapt to your home or find a way out. Depends on the setting but I'm sure they're willing to be civilized and diplomatic with a native.

No it doesn't. Go read the rules.

Hey, it worked for Doomguy. I mean he died but after he died he just kept killing until they sent him back to Earth.

>Just adapt to your home
Why would my non-evil character want to adapt and live in a realm full of demons?
>find a way out
I'm assuming this would be incredibly difficult since OP made it the entire premise of his campaign that you're stuck there. You don't start a campaign where the party is stranded on an island only to have the party immediately get off that island back to the mainland, any attempt would get stunted in Gilligan's Isle fashion.

Surely there is a better solution for both your character, and your character's deity that doesn't involve smashing the head of the nearest demon in before getting dog-piled by the rest?

IS there?

Different circumstances. DoomGuy didn't get sent to Hell out of the blue, and half the creatures living there didn't have an ounce of intellect outside cruel animal cunning.

>Why would my non-evil character want to adapt and live in a realm full of demons?
If the alternative is fighting until you die painfully at the hands of something too strong for you to kill, biding your time in such a fashion doesn't seem like such a bad option.
>I'm assuming this would be incredibly difficult since OP made it the entire premise of his campaign that you're stuck there. You don't start a campaign where the party is stranded on an island only to have the party immediately get off that island back to the mainland, any attempt would get stunted in Gilligan's Isle fashion.
Sure, it'd be difficult, but finding a way to escape sounds a hell of a lot better than screeching DEUS VULT.

Yes, unless your character (and/or you) are just drooling imbeciles.

But IS there?

I dunno, you tell me

Yes. Rescuing others that have been sent there as well, finding a mcguffin for your deity, etc.