Is this an accurate portrayal of the tabletop roleplaying experience?

Is this an accurate portrayal of the tabletop roleplaying experience?
youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o&pbjreload=10

t. never played tabletop RPG

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3625970/
uproxx.com/hitfix/if-it-werent-for-vin-diesels-dungeons-dragons-character-the-last-witch-hunter-wouldnt-exist/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope, you gotta realize the man is professional actor, you can't take him as an example of average gaming folks.
Look up movie called Zero Charisma, that's more like how things usually are.

It could be. It's obviously all hip and cool in this video, with trendy people laughing at their own jokes, but it's not...invalid.

Vin Diesel is a true gamer, though. He's been playing for a long time and has his character's name tattooed on him.

>nice room full of socially well-adjusted and successful people taking the game seriously.

No this is not accurate

Depends on your group. My crew's all married couples in their thirties, having a nice time together.

Zero Charisma is hyperbolic, too. If you want to go with a movie, at least go with The Gamers

One day Black Leaf will die and Vin will be found in a hotel room having hanged himself.

Will the media consider it a more ignoble end than David Carradine?

No. There is a better way. A purer way back to Jesus

imdb.com/title/tt3625970/

>tfw Vin Diesel managed to make a movie about his d&d pc from hischool games.

Haven't watched the linked movie in full, which character do you mean?

Riddick, I think.

I wouldn't even be surprised.

Kaulder the witch hunter

Ok, I started digging, I can only say based Diesel.

uproxx.com/hitfix/if-it-werent-for-vin-diesels-dungeons-dragons-character-the-last-witch-hunter-wouldnt-exist/

>DM is a professional voice actor with over 300 confirmed jobs

why even bother DMing after watching this?

No wonder why that movie sucked major dicks

>you will never have the industry contacts to make a movie about your old tabletop campaign
why even live?

Still super cool, just imagine:

>smug ass player: "i hired a professional graphic designer for my character portrait and ordered a custom miniature from gw!"
>enters vin diesel, lays over the table his Kauldor sheet and casually turn on the tv showing his character movie without saying a word

>impying you need industry contacts to make a movie these days
All the technology at your fingertips is far more than even the industry had a few decades ago. You ave no excuse if all you want is to make a mary-sue fanfic film about your character.

He's better than most chuckle fucks on tg but he's not that impressive

That DM is pretty cool, great sound effects, it's funny how everybody is great except Diesel and the purple haired chick.

It's kinda like a D&D montage: it shows enough that you get what's going on, but the real deal is much longer.

>why even bother
Why even bother living when there are people more successful than you?

good point, brb kms rn

Here's the thing user.

You can either constantly compare yourself to others and live an unhappy life, or you can stop bothering and look at what other people do not with envy and despair, but with interest and desire to learn.

So an orgy?

This is the one and only TRUE portrayal on film.

>tfw you will never have the connections to get movies made about your tabletop characters