What is your character's end goal? Have they thought about some quantifiable future condition, however unlikely...

What is your character's end goal? Have they thought about some quantifiable future condition, however unlikely, where they might outlive their initial motivation for adventuring?
Your character's initial motivation isn't some unending shonen shit like "fight evil" or "get stronger" or "make friends", right?

To overthrow the gods and lead humanity to the stars.
It'll never happen, it's a comedy game of Maid.

I like Song of Swords because it actually asks you to define your character's goals, beliefs and flaws and playing that out is how you get your XP.

Mine wants to become a world renowned doctor. Immediate goal is getting out of debt.

>shotacon ecoterrorist
I shouldn't need to explain this one.

To find her master and save or beat the shit out of him, depending on his situation.
Achieved that two sessions ago, so now it's keep the gang running, keep everyone save, maybe try to improve the situation for everyone in this shithole ex-warzone of a city.

There's a war that's been prophesied on the horizon. I'm playing a squire who will very soon take up the title of Knight and be expected to fight in this war. His end goal is to survive the war, returning to his home with his title and the deed to a sizable portion of land (including his home town) and working very hard to improve the living conditions there.

I do not believe he will be sucessful.

Find out the meaning of death and Ragnarok. She's a wizard, taking some levels of death domain cleric to have contact with the god of death.

Secondary goal is to prove her parents that she is a capable adventurer.

Atone for his family's sins and finally die

My character is a pirate, he does and takes what he wants. But he also wants to know about spirits so he wants a special artifact. Then he flees with it to test it.

He originally set out to rescue his kidnapped lover, but that was years ago and the galaxy is a big place. He's already running on steam and routine, thinking it wouldn't be so bad if the next engagement was his last.

Go home to his wife and kids with a grand story and a lot of flash bitz

Of ones that I remember:
Die in service of his royal majesty and Empire. Evolved into taking care of adoptive daughter, teaching her magic and acting as local healer.

Other had desire to leave father's shadow and prove to world that he is a man of his own.

Last one did not have end goal as adventure started with burning entire world down. So long term goals were postponed in favor of leading a group of survivors. Previous goal was to retire from military, become farmer and move remaining family from slums.

Overall my characters tend to have down to earth goals.

Him and his brother just want to make enough money to build themselves a small farm with the money they're doing from Mercenary work. The problem is that they're only after honest mercenery work. They're only still in the party because of a mix of "It's too big of a problem to not be involved in the solution" or they keep getting coned out of their cash.

He is cursed to die and be reborn until he finally gets his life right. He does not know what he has to do to bring that about, though. And therein lies the frustration.

Punishing that maid for breaking the loot I stole from the mausoleum.

Engage in sexual intercourse with the personification of existence.

Fuck all of the country's attractive nobles.

Sounds interesting

He wants a bucket to put things in. DM won't give him a bucket. He has to kill everyone and the gods and reshape the world in his image for a bucket.

You don’t really buy into your own bullshit, do you?

>All I wanted was a bucket!
>AND SHE WOULDNT GIVE IT TO ME!

His current goal is to crash his mother's wedding and beat her up for wanting to marry the person who has been causing his best friend a lot of trouble and grief.

Make a fortune adventuring, so he can hire a mercenary army to get himself a country and build a harem. Pathfinder Skald, with thre Norse Raider flavor turned up to 11.

To become like his brother, as in, to become part of the royal guard. This entire adventure thing happened because his brother went missing around an area the party was checking out and next thing he knew he's trying to save the planet.

He wants to gain more power in a corrupt merchant guild so he can force them to be less of jerks from the inside. It's been going alright so far.

Become a well known adventurer and writer, that book of his adventures are selling good and following his father as a Margrave of the Northern Provinces, marrying a nice girl and finally don't beeing cold a child by everyone anymore.

Prevent his patron from gaining a foothold into his world, despite being created as a vessel for said patron.

My character hasn't really thought of what her end goal is. She's on the run from her abusive obsessive brother so she's taking an expedition to an uncharted land. She's not foolish enough to believe that her brother won't come after her, but other than just escaping she didn't really plan farther ahead than that. Hell, she didn't even know where she was going when she first left her home. She's lucky that on her first day out she heard the summons for the expedition.

The only thing she knows for sure is that she wants to aid those around her. She's a very skilled healer for the campaign setting and wants to use her power for good. If she ends up never returning home, she'll likely become a professional healer.

In other words, masturbate?

Genocide the merchants that took his land. He was a small noble of a country with declining nobility, now he wants to unite it all into Empire.

Why not beat up the groom who is directly causing his best fiend a lot of trouble and grief? Unless he intends to make him watch before he does it to him next?

Only if it can be proven that no one else exists. Even then, gotta fuck 'em just to be sure, preferably all at once.

You know what. I haven't really thought of end goals for the characters I'm currently playing.

The mercenary is the one I've made the most progress on in that case in that he seems to always be thinking about things from a business and "how can I/we profit off of this?" perspective.

I think his goal may be to come back to his homeland with wealth strength and resources he won abroad and set himself up as a noble or big shot. Like how people from Scandinavia and Russia would travel to the Byzantine empire to serve as imperial mercenaries and then either retire their or go back home to settle scores and/or become a bigshot.

I'm not really sure what the veteran cop I'm playing in Kamikagari wants.

I think right now the Down on his luck bushi I made for a game of L5R wants out of the dead end postion he's been stuck in running himself ragged. That's about to happen though, I'm not sure what his long term goals would be after that. I should probably think on that. I've put a lot of thought into his condition, but not so much into how he got there and where he wants to go in life.

Thanks user.

Have you told your GM you want to bang him?

Most people don't have a concrete goal in mind, they just grasp at the opportunities they're given.

He is a pretty impulsive person and he has been through a lot of stressful situations lately, which has caused a lot of pent-up frustration in him. It's also the fact that his mother knows that the groom has been causing him trouble and seem to not care at all. He would be more than happy to beat the groom to a bloody pulp, it's just that he can't because of the groom's ability, so the only person he can let out his frustration on is his mother.

My goal is to change my life, to meet the best women, and to be strong enough to assume responsibility on all levels.

First order of business: stab the Demon who killed him in the dick. Punch God in the FACE and kick the Devil in the baby-factories.

Then, find a way to undo the whole "staying 15 forever" thing.

Your motivation seems to be a never-ending goal to post anime girls nonstop and suck every dick in the world.

>he makes characters without defining short/mid/long term goals

I sense plebeians around me

Short term goal
>kill that fukken vampire

Mid term goal
>alert the inner kingdoms to the plight of the outer wilds, start moving forces out

Long term goal
>three story home, a fortune, lots of alcohol, and everyone else leaving her alone

>>kill that fukken vampire

Does the groom care about the mother in any romantic context, or is the marriage only a power play? It would suck to beat her up and have the groom be indifferent or even get off on it.

Would you rather kill a fukken vampire or fukk a killen vampire?

>What is your character's end goal?
GET RICH

yes

Hard to tell, he seems to not take anything seriously, so him marrying my PC's mother might be just to mess with him. We got a glimpse into his backstory and he was a nice person before his power messed with his head, so I don't know if his feelings are remnants from his past. I don't know how well versed you are with manga, but his mother is basically a female Yujiro, so she can take a beating and most likely beat my PC. My PC knows this, so it's kind of a way for him to show that he is upset with her.