Instead of doing a big grand project like a new system or a another setting, how about we do something smaller...

Instead of doing a big grand project like a new system or a another setting, how about we do something smaller? Something like a monster manual, dungeon, or big compilation of player characters would be easier to do piecemeal and be easier for anons to use in their games.

For monsters we could do stats like Veins of the Earth and make them somewhat system agnostic but still use common terms to make it easier to adapt to the popular fantasy systems.

>Larvamancer
>Hit Dice
>Armor: (Unarmored, Light, Medium, Heavy)
>Movement: (Slow, Average, Fast and/or include other movement modes)
>Damage: (XdY or compare to existing weapons)
>Description
>Special Rules: (Have saving throws be listed as Weak, Average, or Difficult. Maybe user 5e style advantage/disadvantage rules if you want

So to start things off let's go with Doot here who I did not draw but very much like.

Larvamancer
Hit Dice: 1
Armor: Unarmored
Movement: Slow, Can climb without effort
Damage: 1d4 light stick slaps, nonlethal

In the deepest, darkest reaches of the Great Forest lie Larvamancers. Resembingl caterpillars or insect larva, they practice their strange version of magic in hopes of being able to cocoon into magestic Arcanomoths. A peaceful people, they prefer to wrap antagonistic intruders in magic silk and leave them stuck to trees.

Larvamancers can read and understand magical texts no matter the language but lack the ability to cast their own magic without scrolls or wands. They can wrap their foes in magical silk. If their targets cannot make a Weak Dexterity/Reflex saving throw theyir movement speed is cut in half and gain disadvantage on attack rolls. Spending an action to burn or the silk with a slashing weapon ends this affect. If the target is affected by this ability a second time they lose the ability to move entirely until freed by another creatur or after 24 hours when the silk dissolves back into magic.

I create OC all the time for Veeky Forums and especially /osrg/

I'd be willing to help.

Sounds good my man. I'm thinking we could probably tackle all three in the same thread parallel to each other so anons can contribute what they're interested in. For the monster manual we can just keep adding monsters and compiling them as needed. Also now that I think about it we don't need to keep this limited to fantasy or the stat guidelines in the OP either. Really any combination of picture, description, and stats would work.

The book of heroes would pretty much be the same thing, though if we can get PDF copies of character sheets that'd be neat.

The dungeon might be trickier. We can either go with a coherent theme or go full funhouse Maze of the Blude Medusa style and let anons design individual rooms and then group them into thematic sections afterwards.

I'm absolutely Fucking down. I love creating monsters. I gotta do something else right now but I'm watching this thread for later

Here's another little guy to get the ball rolling.

Runaway Flame
Hit Dice: 2
Armor: Light
Movement: Fast
Damage: 1d6 fire on physical contact.

When manipulating elemental magic, amateur mages sometimes imbue their spells with with the animating energy of an elemental. Birthed from poorly cast weak fire magic, Runaway Flames are born running and do not stop. Untethered from typical biological concerns and given only partial sapience, all they can do is run and set alight the world around them. While enterprising people have attempted to keep them as pets or put them to practical use, these attempts more often than not end in singed body hair and regret.

Coming into physical contact with a Runaway Flame causes 1d6 fire damage and requires a Weak save to avoid being set on fire. As it moves it creates a trail of flame that can also set alight creatures that step in it. Runaway Flames ignore attacks of opportunity. Dousing one in water deals damage to it as per holy water and Slows it as per the spell.

Both timid and energetic, they avoid combat if they can and look for the path of least resistance so they can continue running.

>Row Watcher (local legend)
Hit Dice: 5, with a high endurance and resistance to bludgeon and pierce damage
Movement: Fast, flying
Armor: light natural armor
Damage: longsword-tier hand (claws + supernatural strength), bonus talons (greatsword damage if attacks from above)

Each fall, the local farmers take a chicken and take it exactly 2 strides into their tallest field during a full moon. At midnight the chicken is decapitated and released to run around. If the chicken falls in the field, and is gone by morning, the Row Watcher has accepted your sacrifice and will protect your farm from coyotes and pests. If the chicken falls OUT of the field, you have displeased the Row Watcher, and it will seek out your herds instead, if not your children.

The Row Watcher appears to be a man wearing a traditional peticoat, but the coat is made of dark feathers, and his head is that of a white barn owl. They say he can be seen perched on branches implausibly thin for a mans weight, and often seems to move with a rapid speed that seems to exceed his slow pace.

Special: Life sense, can see in magical darkness, flies (exceptional maneuverability), can carry up to 100 pounds flying, strictly nocturnal (dazed by bright light) advantage if attacking from the air, 1/day invisibility on self, up to 10 minutes, May move up to a mile per day without leaving a trail.

>Jabi
Hit Dice: 9
Armor: light (magic)
Movement: normal
Damage: human punch, magic spells

Description: A Jabi is generally believed to be a lesser Genie of some kind, or a trickster spirit. Jabis manifest as humanoid merchants with often impossible phenotypes, like an Orc with human ears, Dwarven beard, and gnome stature. Regardless, they wander around using their magic to make deals with humans, either exchanging money for spells... or even souls (~10,000 gp). Perhaps worse, they offer their services "on loan" (with interest!), and they know EXACTLY when people are most desperate.
"Want a flaming magic sword? Just sign here. That goblin tribe has plenty of money, and this will make it MUCH easier. Trust me, you'll be armed for anything after this.."- a Jabi
They arent explicitly evil, and follow all contracts. Failing to repay a Jabi however often means a violent death.. unless someone incurs a debt to save you. In 1 extreme circumstance, an entire hamlet was destroyed when family and friends incurred their own debts to try to repay their loved-ones' debts.

Special: Jabis can move in and out of the astral plane up to 4x per day. Jabis are the equivalent of a D&D spell caster that has 4th lvl spells. Jabis can, 1/day, instantly create a magic item of up to 10,000 gold piece value, or system equivalent (though the Jabi likely wont sell it, reserving magic items for """favors""" or loans).

House Golem
Hit Dice: Varies (8 for a small, moderately furnished home and increases with more square footage and furniture)
Movement: Stationary
Armor: Objects in the house use their typical health and defense characteristics, full plate AC heart
Damage: 1d8 for smaller object, 2d6 for larger ones, may use weapons

Created by the paranoid and lazy, the house golem is the ultimate security system. Using magical techniques derived from mimics, a specially constructed magical heart is installed within the house that causes objects inside the house to animate under its control that "belong" to the house. Once a non-living object resides in the house for at least a week, the golem has full control though it will only follow basic commands from its creator or current owner. When the owner of the house is threatened or it detects robbers it will animate pieces of the house to defend itself. Lazy owners opt for more simple commands such as fetching glasses or carrying the owner from their favorite chair to bed after falling asleep.

Special: When threats are detected within the house the House Golem animates objects in the same room to defend the house. It can control up to two large objects such as a bed or table or four smaller objects per round. In addition it can force doors to stay shut, requiring brute force to open. When an object the golem animates is destroyed, it cannot control that object anymore but is otherwise unharmed.

The House Golem cannot be destroyed without damaging the heart, which is often hidden via spells or careful construction somewhere within the house. It radiates powerful magic which makes magical detection easy without lead panels. Upon destruction of the House Golem, the house itself is unharmed but any animated objects immediately fall to the floor.

Eyesore
Hit Dice: 6 (1 HP)
Movement: Fast, stationary while implanted, can burrow through dirt
Damage: None, Grants 1d8 slams

Designed by court necromancers to covertly wage war on nearby lands, Eyesores are animated eyeballs that skitter on tendrils of delicate yet durable treated nerve bundles. When released into a city, it observes the populace until it locates a suitable prey target. When they next fall asleep, the Eyesore crawls into their room and delivers a strong numbing poison. It then removes one of the victim's eyes and integrates itself into the empty slot, even changing color to match the previous eye. Other than a tendency to go lazy, the Eyesore functions as the old eye and depending on the victim might even be an improvement.

Over the next several days the victim's physiology begins to change. Their body becomes more powerful and begins to heal quickly. However this comes with increased irritability and homicidal thoughts which can be suppressed for a time. At some point the victim will finally snap and murder those around them in a very gruesome manner, and assuming they are not immediately captured by authorities will take their own life afterwards. If it is not damaged during the spree, the Eyesore will try to escape the body and continue its operation, even burrowing through coffins and grave dirt it it needs to.

Special: When a victim is injected with the Eyesore's poison, it must make a Difficult save to avoid being put into a coma like state while the Eyesore begins to assume its place as the new eyeball. Victims of the Eyesore are treated as a 6 Hit Dice creature if they are below 6, and over the next several days will gain additional Strength and Constitution along with the ability to make lethal slams with their body.

I like this idea. I'll add in a monster from my own campaign setting (which is inspired by Filipino mythology).

Sigbin
Hit Dice: 4
Movement: Fast
Damage: Claws and Bite (1d6)/ Tail Whip (1d8)

Sigbin are creatures that are usually invisible to the naked eye -- especially humans -- until they attack. They are supposed to look like hornless goats, but have very large ears which they use to clap like a pair of hands and a long prehensile tale they can use to whip. They emit a nauseating odor when close. When not searching for prey or combat, it walks backward with its head underneath its hind legs.

Sigbin usually come out at night and suck the blood from their victims. If the target fail an Average Reflex Save, the Sigbin sucks their blood and gains an amount of health that the victim loses.

Wolf in Sheep clothing
Hit dice : 3
Armor : very light (the body of the sheep)
Movement : fast to deploy, fast at running straight.
Damage : Claws (1d6 +2)

The Claws deals double damage if the Wolf in Sheep clothing attacked without being noticed.

Those creatures are made in the night, sprouting evil everywhere, in this case the "monster" as took the body of a deceased sheep to meddle with his prey . . .

PS: Sorry for art quality I'm no pro.

Good to see this thread hasn't died just yet. I'm compiling the monsters into a Word Doc so I can eventually spice up the formatting at make it look more like a true monster manual. Here's where we're at so far.

My creature made it in a .pdf YES !!
Well now i need to draw you another ones xD !
Maybe you could put the name of the monster in Big letters or underline them ?

COMMING IN with a drawing for the eyesore

>>ULMBA

>Dexterity/Reflex saving throw

>They emit a nauseating odor when close.
Like every other furry, then?

More like, if your bigger you'll see image of death.

I bolded and increased the font size on the monster names. At some point I want to jazz this up and make it look more like a legit monster manual, so these changes are placeholders.

The idea is to make this mostly system agnostic. 5e uses stat based saves while the other non-4e editions use Reflex.

Is this only for cute-sy shit or can be something more evil

I've been doing cutesy shit because it's easier for me to draw. There's really no theme beyond "Veeky Forums monster manual" so feel free to do whatever you want.

Crab man Stan
Hit dice : 40
Armor : heavy
Movement :fast
Damage:3d6 piercing
In the middle of the dessert there lurks a legendary creature known as crab man stan .Stan sleeps under the desert sand waiting for someone to come by to talk to about the world and other things. It is said that Stan will give you the secret of youth if you show that you are true of hearth.

Rose Knight
Hit Dice: 4
Armor: Heavy, weak to fire, resistant to non-magical weapons
Movement: Slow, unimpeded by plants
Damage: 1d6 or as per weapon wielded.

Occasionally when a warrior of pure heart breaths his final breath within a forest blessed by the fey, a Rose Knight is born. A magical rose grows within the corpse's head that consumes both the flesh and purpose of the fallen. Once the rose reaches full size it puppeteers the remaining armor with surprising grace. Though the Rose Knight lacks the true memories of its host, it does absorb a sense of purpose and sets fulfill its duty. While they are noble creatures, it lacks true sapience and is easy to trick.

Special: A Rose Knight is cloaked by a mantle of thorny tendrils. Creatures that stand near the Rose Knight take 1d4 points of magical damage per round and must make a save to avoid being disarmed. Plant and Fey creatures must also make an Average saving through to avoid following them in their quest. Rose Knights will only attack those it sees performing and evil act or believes they will commit evil in the future, though their enchanted companions might not be so kind.