Pic related has manifested within the setting of Old World Of Darkness...

Pic related has manifested within the setting of Old World Of Darkness. How do the various factions react to this new force entering the scene and would they try to manipulate and direct it, or would they just shoot to kill?

Life as they know it would end

Come now, it wouldn't be THAT bad! Sure, the Sun might end up getting eaten,dwhlecities might be erased, but that happens every other day for these folks! Or at least, so I'm told.

It is killed by human disbelief.

>The Technocracy "saves" the world yet again
Still can't decide whether or not these guys are better or worse than most of the things they deal with.

Is that a pizza cutter?

A "Pizza Cutter" that channels pure light and spiritual power that is the anathema of all things Evil, and is directly connected to the Soul of its user. So yes, a Pizza Cutter.

An Archmage would swat it

> Implying that the Archmage wouldn't try to poke and prod it out of boredom and because they want to know what it is
There are many words that can be used to describe OWoD Archmages, user. "Smart" isn't one of them.

>implying intelligence isn't a factor of centuries of arcane proficiency

>Implying that a lack of sanity, proper moral standards, and common sense isn't another prime factor directly linked to possessing centuries of arcane mastery
You have to be at least twelve different levels of crazy in order to ascend to Archmage status in OWoD. Besides, I can totally see an Archmage trying to either manipilate/control a Watcher. They're arrogant enough to try at the very least.

What I'm most interested in is how the Garou Tribes might react to the sudden appearance of said entity, and how the Triat might take to this newcomer.

It would create/become a large area of "no man's land" that everyone avoids or dies when they enter. A slow moving but inevitable terrain feature.

Now if the house of silence showed up... Shit would get wrecked.

>Now if the house of silence showed up... Shit would get wrecked.
Yeah, the House Of Silence is one of those few things that even settings with high-tiers Cosmics have no real chance at beating. I mean, the thing is basically the equivalent to Satan/Azathoth in the Night Land, and is pretty much utterly unstoppable if It ever decides to quite playing around.

An archmage would get crushed, a close approximation to what would happen is the Hell On Earth scenario.

There are beings Outside of Creation/Tellurian that are much more powerful than any given Archmage, so much in fact a few are credited with empowering the Unnamed (Entropy 10) and his other followers (to status of Oracle of each of the Spheres).

The fact even the Unnamed obediently answers his masters, concluding the Descent of Creation by summoning Those Who Came Before speaks for itself. So strong they are the book says "pockets of the Tapestry dissolve forever, unable to support the weight of the chthonic titans."

What exactly does the House of Silence actually do? I know it broadcasts a psychic signal that attracts those who aren't trained to resist, and those that enter are subject to horrific torment, but that seems to be it.

It's the equivalent, on a cosmic scale, of a scientist putting down pheromones to study ants he found on mars, while coming from a post-scarcity people. Time, space, causality, all of it is just a mere suggestion to the Silent Ones, and they only seem to take pleasure in causing suffering. That only reason they haven't just ended things in the night lands is that it's more fun to draw it out.

Huh. Where is that from. I can't really find anything on the wikis, it just says that "its a mystery."

Depends on your interpretation. The Godhead did nothing in Hell On Eart - is he stronger than these guys? Debateable.

That said, there are certain Sphere combinations that would probably take this. Namely Forces 9.

What is that?

A Silent One from the Night Lands. They are what Lovecraft took inspiration from.

A Watcher from the Night Lands. Technically, it's the same species as the "Silent Ones" described here , , but absolutely NOWHERE near as powerful. Still more than capanl3 of obliterating most things in OWoD though.

In that case from the descriptions given here it doesn't seem like they're *too* strong for the god-tiers of OWOD. Celestines, Spirit Archmages (Examplars primarily) and some Antediluvians could probably take on these cthonic titans.

From what I understand they also seem to closely resemble Earthbounds, though I still believe (the Archdukes) to be more powerful. Particularly Asmodeus whose powers are geared to what was described: time, space and causality (Lore of Patterns, Lore of Portals)

House on the borderlands, it's them playing through time.

God i love Night Land threads.

I think much of how this will go-down depends on whether or not magic in OWoD can replicate the effects of the Earth-current, and whether or not the high-tiers in the setting can strike the Watcher before it attempts to take a bite out of the Sun or the local cluster of stars.

There are beings that eat stars n' planets in owod. The Technocracy regularly takes on such abominations out in the Deep Umbra.

There's also the Consensus the Watcher would have to deal with.

>There are beings that eat stars n' planets in owod. The Technocracy regularly takes on such abominations out in the Deep Umbra.
Oh don't get me wrong. The Technocry put probyl string together some way to at the very least inconvenience the Watcher, considering their own bullshit abilities and magic, but I don't think that they could truly HARM it. Countless civilizations across the universe have tried to stand against the Powers Of Night, some of which would basically be peers to the Technocratic Union if they were transported into OWoD, a few of them capable of even warping whole timelines however they wished. All of them were Destroyed by The Dark Powers despite their own strength and manipulation of reality, no matter how hard they tried. So whilst I don't think that the Watcher would annihilate the setting utterly, even the Technocracy might face trouble against such a thing.

Also, I doubt that the Consensus would apply to the Watcher at all. If anything, Consesus/Paradox might just end up getting reamed into oblivion by the damn thing.

An Archmage will kill it using the power of 'whatever I say goes'

I just assumed it was the light on an angler fish. Or equivelent.

Good analogy.