Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1984: Down With Big Brother Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVuVs-2BQUw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jumpers, how do you fight the system?

Because it's thread #1984. Post dystopic jumps and/or builds!

Which wouldn't actually affect the validity of my argument.

Bullshit, again. You said "with how hard you shitpost every time he's mentioned", implying that you believe me to be a specific person who persistently does... whatever it is you think I do.

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

TRY arresting someone who can tear through an army barehanded. Once you're at that level (still a very low level for /jc/), what can The System really do to you?

Have you seen this dog
Why havent you spent your cp canon companioning this dog

>I'd be nice to them! Probably. Maybe. I guess. They look nice, at least.
>Aesthetically.
And they would look better when they explode. What a dastardly villain you are Heavens.

B-but I am the law!

Hmph. Not with that weak chin you aren't.

LAAAAAW

I don't know what series that dog is from.

Do you know de wey to Chaldea?

Why would I fight? At this point I'm a literal worldbreaker. Kind of hard for "the system" to do anything to me that I don't want done to me in the first place, and they know it too.

>YJ_user has his villainous moments
Wait, what? Since when? Are you sure you're not mixing me up with someone else?

Early chain, I can be more pragmatic than heroic, I must admit, but I don't think I've ever been an outright villain.

Uh... no?

Turn west at the smoldering ruins of Sodom

youtube.com/watch?v=MVuVs-2BQUw

What makes a good jump, in your opinion?

Waifus

VR Chat jump when?

Have you headpatted your kouhai today?

Correct

The Moon will never stay dead and or destroyed!

...or at least that's what I like to tell myself. Makes sleeping at night easier.

>I'd be nice to them! Probably. Maybe. I guess. They look nice, at least.
>Aesthetically.
I SURRENDER!!!!

I know of de wey

A jump where the jumper can just bullshit with strangers in a virtual world does sound pretty appealing, actually.

>Mashu in VR

More effort than I am willing to put in anymore.

There better be a Ugandan Knuckles background.

>Makes sleeping at night easier.
>Vampire
>Moon Elemental
>Sleeping at night
U wut m8

Possibly. You should write more about your adventures.

Jumpers! What's going on in your Chain lately?! Any tales to share about current events?

Fuck off, OAA.

Vital question
would you smooch this dragon

I'm allowed to take naps and use colloquialisms.

I mean, who hasn't slept away a boring century or two?

Also, thanks for that screenshot

Yes, but she needs hugs more.

Ain't that the truth. I'm actually in the middle of doing some writefagging of my first (very busy) day in Resident Evil, the first Jump in my latest Chain.

Well, the most recent jump was Duel Terminal, and a lot of stuff happened in that jump. First of all, the Light of Destruction hijacked the Worm, and now we'll probably have to deal with them in future jumps, so that's going to be fun! Secondly, Frisk and NiGHTS ended up befriending and even adopting Krus, a young Fabled girl that had bonded with them due to their compassion, something she never really knew before, and who saw them as parents. Which actually leads into the third part, which is that Frisk and NiGHTS finally got together after centuries of awkwardness, hesitant flirting, and slight yanderish tendencies on both of their parts (Frisk due to some remaining influence from Chara, NiGHTS due to being influenced by her Nightmaren nature and being unfamiliar with romantic love). Naturally, there was much teasing about it.

We also made sure to help Ally to Justice defeat both the Light-controlled Worm and the very pissed off Fabled, who came after us in particular due to ruining their manipulations of the Mist Valley and bringing Krus over to the side of the good guys. The Worm were defeated thanks to us fighting alongside the Decisive Armor against Worm Zero, and the Fabled were sealed away thanks to all the seal magic we assembled. The Light made one last play for victory by hijacking the Ice Dragons, but we managed to break that brainwashing and even calm them down, unlike in canon. So we managed to change a lot for the better.

I would hold hands, hug, tell how much I love her, and have slow, caring sexual intercourse in the missionary position for the purpose of reproduction with the dragon.

Smooching is fine, too.

Yes, and I'd do a lot more, too.

In early Jumpchain threads we tossed around the idea of a bar that would appear in your warehouse or in-between worlds that you can relax in. It'd be full of the local gods and the past&present powerful figures that were keeping track of your journey. One user was insistent that Gary Oak be lazing there, whenever you go in, and showing off how much better of a Jumper he is than you.

I can't remember if it was QS or a group vote that knocked the idea down but it could be one of the explanations for the world of the VR chat Jump
Early JC was so much different than now. I don't even recognise most of the tripfags here anymore

Allowed, sure. But as a vampire you have all sorts of thematic alternatives! Like, "Such worries would disturb even the sleep of the dead!" or something. Weird, hearing so pedestrian a phrase spill from the lips of the Princess of the Crimson Moon.

>Slept away a century or two
...I suppose I have to accept that.

Glad you enjoyed the image. It wasn't the Surprised Arc I was hoping to find, but it suffices.

with the lights on or off?

I use this one

What were some of them like back in the day? relative newfag here so I have no clue about the sordid past of jumpchain authors

Other than Val's Amazons and Cool Cat's Lizardmen are there any other Warhammer Fantasy Jumps in the works?

Dwarves, High Elves, Empire, etc.?

So after I lost my memories for the duration of Gurren Lagann I go and check on my pocket realm. Turns out that while I may not have remembered it time was in fact passing for them and with me gone the demons from my Netherworld have been running rampant. So I've been taking time out from Gundam Wing's bullshit to train up an order of Cosmo using cultivators to go police those assholes and give me a fucking hax-op army to throw at problems. Haven't decided whether I should make all of them gods or just the guy on top.

Val's got Beastmen on the way too but other than that, I don't think anyone is doing any.

What kind of degenerate do you take me for!?
Off, but with a couple candles. Not aromatic ones, she doesn't seems the kind to like those.

>Val's got Beastmen
Really? That could be interesting.

Thanks, fαm. I will treasure it always.

>Val's got Beastmen on the way too
Huh. I did knot know that.

Wasn't she doing Vampire Cunts too?

She dropped that one after she lost her progress.

Just checking, my dude

She was, but then she lost everything so she gave up the claim.

I’m not sure whether to simply remove the memory Jumper has of the setting he got dropped into or have future!Jumper arrange for someone to go back in time and erase his memory at jump start to prevent him going down the path of Solipsist Buddha. I suppose that’s the problem with oMage, once you pass Arete 6 you start heading into hard solipsist territory where everything gets funky like “the idea that everything good has a downside is a Nephandic lie that limits humanity and must be destroyed, along with its brothers TANSTAAFL and Conservation of Energy”.

*Counts. I meant counts. Why didn't you autocorrect that, damnit?

Really? Aw fuck.

Didn't you get the memo? Autocorrect exists to punish typos, poor spelling, and non-standard word choice.

>how do you fight the system
Mind control.
In pretty much any modern setting, the ability to let's say 'refocus' people's priorities or allegiances without any apparent source detectable as mind control lets you do a lot by appropriating the few people at the top.

Start with the supreme court, and work down from there.

Hey, this is my obvious ingorance of teh source material showing, but what can Berserk magic actually...do? The jump says you can level villages and rend small armies with it, and that's all well and good, but is calling down a series of natural disasters the limit of it's versatility?

What are the jumps with the best imaging? Excepting CCDT jumps, because while they look pretty damn nice, they tend to have very few actual images.

>Allowed, sure. But as a vampire you have all sorts of thematic alternatives! Like, "Such worries would disturb even the sleep of the dead!" or something. Weird, hearing so pedestrian a phrase spill from the lips of the Princess of the Crimson Moon.
Hm...I see your point. That certainly would've been a better line.

Personally, I blame Neptunia. That realm is a horrid influence on all who dwell within.

...though, I'll have you know that neither the Aristoteles nor the True Ancestors are undead...though, we're not necessarily 'lifeforms' as commonly understood either...

>...I suppose I have to accept that.
I recall sleeping through a nuclear detonation at 'ground zero', as the locals would call it.

Not even a hundredth as bothersome as the though of some Titan afflicted with the pathological urge to destroy moons.

...ahem, 'Niceu Niceu! Very Niceu user-chan'.

And that will be the last time I do an impression of a Hamon-user.

Ever.

Anons, I need your help. How can I defeat the Batman?

It's simple...you kill the Batman.

Drop a very large bomb on his house using some completely out of context resources he can't possibly prepare for.

>So you're telling me I'm a ten-year-old girl? Okay. Okay. I can accept that. I remember this now. Just tell me one thing.
>WHY THE HELL DO I ALREADY HAVE B-CUPS?

Go back in time and save his parents.
Boom, no Batman.

Hmmph. Well, you could go with moon references instead. "If I were so easily destroyed, I'd never be able to show my face again!" or "I may fade briefly, but my full splendor will always return!"

Sly Raccoon, Idolmaster and Strike Witches are among the best.

Actually, fun thing about that. There was actually a comic where Batman and Robin went to alternate universe, to the night right before his parents were shot. Batman of course wants to save his parents, but Robin is concerned this will mean alternate Bruce never becomes Batman. Well, Batman does save his parents, but this doesn't prevent alternate Bruce from becoming Batman. In fact, it actually encourages him to become Batman, except this one is not motivated by vengeance or tragedy, but by inspiration to follow the footsteps of the hero who saved him and his parents.

Long story short, if you save his parents, you might just inspire him to be a hero anyway out of admiration and gratitude towards you. Even if he doesn't become the goddamn Batman, you'll still have a heroic Bruce Wayne defending Gotham.

Nope. Her horns are too big, you can't easily hug someone with horns like that.. And the whole "primordial mother, cosmic womb" thing with her powers is uncomfortably close to unbirthing. I don't have that fetish.

That's if you do it in an obvious way, as opposed to(for example) offering the Waynes a ride, or just walking with them and being armed, or knocking out the mugger before they ever see him.

Sex toys, put them everywhere, enough that they can't be out of panel. DC will have to cancel the comics if the artists can't draw a comic without it being covered in sex toys.

...I feel like there's enough perks to make this a genuinely viable tactic.

Unironically Strike Witches. Some of that shit is fucking brilliant. Even if it needs an update because tankwitches are canon now and I wanna tonk.

Pat fucking killed Minos. She fucking did that. And now she's going to learn how to cook BBQ at Food Wars.

God chain is a go. The Magic And Nature Deity Nika woke up in Norway from their little hobbit hole in the depths of the earth after a longass nap. Discovered the world was so much different than they last remembered it...and they LIKED IT! A little naive but well meaning in personality, if too willing to come out swinging instead of talking out their problems sometimes.

They had fun adventures kicking bad guy butt, sometimes needing to nap a few days every year and having to eat special magic food since mortal food couldn't do anything for them. That was fine! They loved eating it.

And then at the very end, they vanished. Perhaps it was because they were destined for something greater. Nobody knows. Not even Nika. Yet.

What are some good powers for cleaning up radiation?

Question regarding Kingdom Come, does Super Senses also cover stuff like touch or scent, and possibly some of the less obvious senses like equilibrium? Or does it only cover sight and hearing?

Is there a point in Farethere City where the Otherworld starts eating a lot of Gardens, or is that more of a background thing in the game?

Just wondering if I should plan for anything specific in the Scenario where you run an afterlife or just worry about keeping the people happy.

Omega Energy Absorption from X-Men Movies

Time

If thread 1990 isn't "Running in the 90's" i riot

I'm in Super Smash Bros! This is actually gonna be fun. My jumper's been in an odd...rut? They've turned to hoarding stuff rather than really going out and smashing evil unless it's something that actually would benefit from getting hit with a few level 100's in different RPG systems' worth of attack. Even the various level capping things he has end up making him stronger in the long term so all he has is stopgaps for the short term. It's kinda sad, cause it's almost like if you applied the writing for One Punch Man to a fantasy rpg styled(aka not! dragon quest) isekai

If you don't mind grass and flowers springing up everywhere, Path Of Life from Age Of Wonders.

Harem perks.

Very weak to low-caliber revolvers.

>Jumpers! What's going on in your Chain lately?! Any tales to share about current events?

Hm...well, for some reason or another my Benefactor decided to drop me and my Companions into the world of 1984.

Of course my six blood-sisters, on seeing the state of the world, immediately decided that they just *needed* to do something about it. Having just started to recover emotionally recover from my final (for that Jump at least) confrontation with Darkseid though, I wasn't feeling up for liberating a world. So I lent them my Golden Army of 53,900 functionally indestructible golems, and left for Switzerland where I manifested Millennium Castle Brunestud in a nice valley to relax in.

Last I checked One's managed to lead our sisters and the Golden Army to victory over Eurasia and Oceania and should be marching on East Asia. Oisen and Deon are both running around like overtired children trying to keep the burnt-out husks of civilization the Intoners leave in their wake from collapsing entirely. They've been....significantly less successful than my sisters.

Though, I must say, the Moon has been quite beautiful tonight. Perhaps that's enough to make this detour worth it.

I finally figured out who my Ultimate Persona should be, and I'm considering doing some writefagging for Justice discovering it.

The idea I've got in my head would entirely fuck with the normal P5's Confidant system though, and would involve one character's card being Reversed.

I was adopted by a cult as its god, chased by an angry barbarian named Hogarth, got a bee themed power up inside a dinosaur Jungle, and learned magic here and there while continuing to be chased by the previously mentioned barbarian.

Now I'm in One Piece and conspiring with my origin's childhood friend to go on a treasure hunt with a stolen map despite being in the Marines.

Funny enough, I was about to post a build and snippet.

(Fallout: New Vegas) #52
-Background: Scientist (Free) -Once again, into the Wasteland.
-Faction: Fiends (Free) -Son of a bitch, I'm going to have to get this clusterfuck organized.
-Race: Human (Free) -Play this safe.
-Retention (Free) -Seriously, how many memory perks do I have.
-Swift Learner (800CP) (Discount) -I learn quickly, and I apparently learn other things too?
-Jury Rigging (500CP) (Discount) -Bring me your parts, and I shall make wonders.
-Doc Sawbones (300CP) -Next.
-High Times (Free) -Drugs are strong, and pleasant? Niiiice.
-Pyromaniac (100CP) (Discount) -BURN MOTHERFUCKER, BURN.
-Playing Caravan (-100CP) -And I always know how to make businesses awesome.
-Doctor's Bag (Free) -Someone's gotta take care of things.
-Almost Makes You Wish For A Nuclear Winter (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Vault 3, 25 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

>"Madam... I am unsure if this is a wise course of action."
"They're going to be drugging themselves up anyway. Least I can do is help them at least slowly wean off the side effects or get off the drugs entirely."
>"But wouldn't you be encouraging them to stick whatever ghastly concoction they can push into needles because they know you will be there to heal them?"
"...admittedly a risk. But... I can still try, you know? I'd be in the wrong if I did nothing."
>"One would argue you would also be in the wrong if your actions allowed them to continue raiding and pillaging. Take care that your actions do not have unintended consequences."

>Golden Army of 53,900 functionally indestructible golems
How did you get 11 times the normal number?

I won't lie. Handy may be an ass at times, but he does have a point. Treating symptoms was only going to draw things out at times, I needed to focus on the root of the issue. The Fiends living in Vault 3 were at least semi-stable and weren't completely cooked out of their fucking minds, so I just needed to help them out and make sure they didn't end up becoming as wretched as the people outside the Vault.

A lot of my drugs that I make come with none of the issues like bad trips or the like. I could use that to start getting them around to my concoctions first before slowly weaning them off. Not immediately, but bit by bit. Get a token economy system where they have to work to get my drugs, and any work they do is strictly non-violent. Cleaning up their vault, learning things, becoming more self-sufficient so they didn't devolve into raving lunatics. It would take a lot of time, but it's better than leaving them all to rot and OD on shit while everyone around them doesn't give a damn.

Of course, them saying the same things over and over would get old very very quickly.

I don't know if it'll last by the time I end up leaving. I really hope it does, but I can't say for certain. I can't see the future, after all. All I can do is try to help them out of a bad spot and pray that it sticks. Pray that they end up keeping to it and don't become just another wreck of the wasteland again.

But lately it's hard to say what the gods have in mind for everyone.

Also ignore my last post. I went full retard and saw Korgoth for a moment.

Since I have Magic Smithing from the same Jump, I made the 49,000 extra in my spare time over the course of five Jumps.

light manipulation
heat manipulation

I"m coming up with ideas for magic systems to make with Maker of Magic. Or trying to, anyways. Turns out I'm not actually that good at inventing magic systems.

or for that matter cold manipulation

Nanomachines. Ones from soft sci-fi settings that aren't incredibly vulnerable to ionizing radiation. Have them systematically sweep over the irradiated area, removing radioactive particles and repairing the nano-scale damage caused by them.

allow me to copy and paste this

• Is it mechanically balanced? At the very least, one background shouldn’t get more freebies or discounts without an equivalent increase in that background’s cost.
• Is it at least loosely 'fluff' balanced? All the perks at the same price level should be about equally desirable and useful. A bit of leeway in ‘usefulness’ balance is acceptable – it’s unlikely any jump is 100% balanced in that way because that easily altered by what the jumper already has.
• Is it descriptive? Is the text descriptive of the abilities it grants so the reader doesn’t have to go wiki-diving just to work out what Perk X does? Are the descriptions or images evocative; do they suit the style of the setting?
• Is it comprehensive? Does the jump permit a variety of interesting builds for all kinds of jumpers – jumpers early into their chain, late into their chain, or spec’d for different styles? Does the jump include perks representative of a broad sample of the setting’s people or groups?
• Is it fun? Does reading and making a build for the jump entertain the reader? Is it actually fun to build for, or is it too fiddly? Does it let the jumper be creative with what they obtained in the jump?

I would only smooch the dragon if the dragon wanted to smooch me.

Go to Ghost In The Shell. They have the Japanese Miracle or whatever it's called, nanomachines that soak up radiation.

Be his alternate version, but instead of just having plot armor, you also have magic and super-science

>that face in the second-to-last panel