What does Veeky Forums think of varg vikernes' myfarog

what does Veeky Forums think of varg vikernes' myfarog

Veeky Forums doesn't play games

Bloated and clunky. Just take a look at the swimming rules.

you should know this already. Clunky, unimaginative crunch with tables for everything uninteresting and none for anything actually fun, boring fluff and meme tier attempts at real world metaphors that should make you embarrassed because of how heavy handed and hackneyed they are even if you agree with them on principle.

i dont find them to be particularly problematic. it's not like you can't ignore long tables of modifiers easily. doesn't really do harm if you don't need it, contains some guidelines if you do need them.

ask /pol/ instead.

It has some interesting ideas, the rules are very bloated and I can only ever get people to play when we ignore most of them

>Games with interesting rules will never be talked about and admired or at least learned from on Veeky Forums
>People would rather talk about some E-Celeb faggot from /pol/ and about his shitty roleplaying game

Kind of pisses me off actually TBQFH

The supplements which I've read are also pretty good and I do use their rules in other systems

The game is decent, mechanics is clumsy

Good: Realistic negative modifiers for the INT of niggers.

Bad: Literally everything else.

Also... go away, Kristian.

stop being american

it's shit and there really is nothing you can salvege from it. Stop trying to make it a thing

>Games with interesting rules will never be talked about and admired or at least learned from on Veeky Forums
What's interesting about MYFAROG though? That's the issue, there is nothing special here.

diferent user but read the second part of greentext, he's saying that myfrog is shit

My bad...

Whats vargs real name?
Its obviously not varg viking, hes born in a muslim majority country after all.

You already know, because you're asking this question in the first place.

Suprisingly good if you'r using an Arabian Nights setting.

According to his wiki page its Kristian Vikernes.

Oh wow his name is kristian and he hates christians?
He must've been bullied hard or severely abused for him to end up like he is.

does it have sexual dimorphism?

The greatest RPG in the history of mankind

I think it unironically has -4 STR.

Christ is a greek name.
Jesus true name was Yeshua.
It's Varg. He changed it

He's Norwegian, not Swedish.

It's not even entertainingly bigoted. It's just regular plain boring racist/sexist. Shit, if you're gonna be an asshole, go all the way with it.

>implying mudslimes aren't evil subhumans IRL

Damn, attention span is hard, i skipped the end too.

Well, yeah, sure. But fuck it's boring to just go "these guys are worse than white people and also evil because of course they are." You're a racist making a fantasy setting, go nuts! Muslims turn into smoke and steal your breath and supernaturally rape your women. If you're going to be an asshole, be an entertaining asshole, otherwise everyone will ignore your bullshit.

but he's right, it's not really even funny, it's just standard grandpa rascism, varg could do better

His true name is Louis Cachet

Man Veeky Forums has a hundred unrepentant shitheads for every good poster. If only /pol/ had been dealt with in the cradle, maybe we wouldn't have to read your retarded shit

but removing /pol/ wouldent change anything, these people still would be here but we wouldent just pay them that much mind and they would have nowhere to get even more right-wing-retarded

/pol/ ->

Hey Varg. Your game is shit.

>accurate representation of reality
>racist/sexist

What's it like being this insecure?

>le reddit spacing

It's fun. You need the right group for it though.

What the fuck is "reddit spacing"?

>
>but removing /pol/ wouldent change anything, these people still would be here but we wouldent just pay them that much mind and they would have nowhere to get even more right-wing-retarded
I feel like a lot of /pol/tards are mostly here for /pol/, and if that board was nuked, the majority of them would get bored with le normie boards like ours.

A boogeyman of /v/ and other retarded boards. When you double space your paragraphs it automatically makes you a redditor.

Lol. You weren't on Veeky Forums prior to /pol/, were you?

Fuck off back to /pol/ Kristian.

>Lol. You weren't on Veeky Forums prior to /pol/, were you?
I've been on Veeky Forums more or less daily since 2005 and on Veeky Forums daily since February 2007. The first time /pol/ got nuked there was a little bit of upset that quickly died off. I've been on Veeky Forums long enough to have noticed the surge of /pol/tards that arrived in 2015-16 and understand that most of them latch onto /pol/ and that keeps them agitated enough to venture out into other boards. With the central hub gone, most of them won't have the attention span to keep the noise level where it currently is.

Of course I also want this board to go back to its unmoderated state and force the user base to relearn the valuable skill of ignoring shitposters.

Hook me up with a PDF and I'll review it

How do you pronounce this name?
Mifarog or Maifarog?

The "F" is silent.

So "maiarog"?

Shuh-eht.

Fuck off, Varg

>Hide all MYFAROG threads
>Do not reply to MYFAROG threads

SHUT THE FUCK UP VARG!

You just outed yourself as having a weird accent.

>Hook me up with a PDF and I'll review it
Look it up yourself. It got scanned and posted here a few months ago.

cool
its boring to have to custom rule it every time
going to check it out

Except it's not reality, it's the reality Kristian crafted and it's dull and depressing.

You either play as a bunch of homogeneous Danes or suffer horrible stat penalties because Danes of different clans are autistic and despise each other.

In fantasy we can make literally anything from the depths of our imaginations. There are more deserving games worthy of your time.

This, but this thread will probably hit bump limit or near to once /pol/ gets wind of it and shits up the place.

>Only my version of fun is correct. You are having fun wrong
What system would you recommend if I enjoy my fantasy to be as close to reality as possible?

The guidelines are so arbitrary and bad though. Same height bonus to spotting from being on a horse or wearing tall shoes.

Maybe it's an unusually small horse.

Or really tall shoes

Enjoy the shit game retard.

Freebase.

This will probably not be oriented properly but w/e

It’s ok, I enjoyed the game I ran and the game I played, we didn’t really deal with human forces from outside Thule and fought monsters. Problems are the usual
>too clunky
>these fuckin charts, might as well have an entry saying if you didn’t specifically shit at some point before you go swimming, take a penalty to swimming
>da joooos
>da darkieeees

That’s really it. Overall I enjoyed the setting and even thought the rules could really do with some cutting down, it’s worth it for the chump change that varg is charging. Also
>no more papyrus
I’d consider scanning it if someone paid me to do it

>I’d consider scanning it if someone paid me to do it
That's fine, we already have scans anyway.

What? Have you ever been to /v/? This place is the earthly paradise compared to most other boards. I mean I'm not saying bullshit doesn't creep in but it's not really an issue most of the time.

>Christ is a greek name.
Except that his name literally means "Christian", not "Christ". What a living conradiction

Sage and hide

Well, the game seems to be popular enough for an active playing community that I believe is based in Facebook groups the last time I checked.

MYFAROG is a pretty standard DIY osr(ish) game, I'd probably rank it near Adventure's Dark and Deep or a similar clone desu, so the horrible layout and overuse of modular rules (producing even more charts) is a given.

Would appreciate a setting book with expanded classes, more magic/rituals, and possibly a some settlement layouts.

The saddest thing is that Moot brought /pol/ to try and contain them. It's sad really.

>a given.

And yet plenty of OSR systems avoid this kind of shit. Like, I don't know, all the actually good ones?

>myfarog apologetics

I really like the close corridor narrow hallway combat in this game. Its a lot more realistic than i've seen other tabletops do it.