The other players describe the attacks and other actions well and atmospherically

>The other players describe the attacks and other actions well and atmospherically.
>I'm just saying he hit really hard.
>Extremely high damage and kill the boss with it.
>Feels unearned.

Does anyone know the feeling?

>Crit
>GM tells me to describe the crit
>"I slice his tum then grab the intestines and hang him to death with them"
>Now they always expect me to come up with a better one
This is stressing

> as a bard have no actual weapon training
> when combat happens, grab whatever is near me
> because system has "improvised weaponry" skill that may apply to anything
> grabbed a chair, forgot about it
> a week passes
> as we're getting ready to fight giant sentient spiderbros, realize that I still have chair
> jump up, put the chair under me, drop down at the spider chair legs first
> fumbled roll, hit it only with the seat
> others finish him off
> raise the chair and point it at the other spider
> "you are already dead"
> miss after that, but we kill the spiders fairly easily

And that was the only time I've described my attacks as something besides, "I swig my *weapon* at the motherfucker". Because who knows how the dice can backfire and who knows if GM is feeling extra asshole-ish today.

Killing is just a chore that has to be done sometimes. There's no point in dwelling on it and it is dangerous to enjoy it.

As a GM for a group of fairly unimaginative people, don't beat yourself up too much about it. Sometimes you just wanna kill things, it's okay. I don't know if other GMs do it the way I do (I assume they do) but for situations like that I simply ask what direction a given player is swinging their weapon and just tell them how they hit the bad guys.

>Extremely high damage and kill the boss with it.
>Feels unearned.

I assume this is how killing IRL feels like

killing IRL damages your mind. humans have certain hardcoded safeguards to prevent us from being "all murder each other all the time". granted, a number of people may be born without those safeguards...

That's bullshit, and you're a bullshitter for posting it.

No. If I was a creatively bankrupt faggot, I wouldn't RP.

There's a reason you have to be trained to dehumanize your target before you're sent off to fight in a war user.

Read more, nigga.

>say who you're going to hit: Attacking X with a Y attack
>roll dice to hit
>roll dice to damage
>describe action while next person thinks about they're doing

This isn't brain surgery.

>you feel uneasy because all of the purpleprosefagging
>the other players constantly jerkin themselves with their favorite buzzwords
>constant one upping their fellow kind sirs
>tfw you simply say "i hit really hard"
>tfw your basic and evocative statement has caused everyone to have to use their imagination to picture what is happening
>tfw you RP'ed better than any of them

Implying I don't without human status for people that deserve it already
Is there a reason to describe it? If not, don't even bother

You did it wrong my man, you should create one that resumes your character well and you think is good. Add a catchphrase to it and always do the same execution as a signature.

>implying anyone deserves to be dehumanized

>implying anyone can "deserve" anything
It's just a concept that was socialized jnto you. Has very little to do with how stuff works, imho.
Have a nedroid for your troubles.

But you can deserve things, by consequence of your actions. Not that "deserving" isn't a concept we make ourselves, but it's one I adopt.
I mistyped like a brainlet but I mean I withhold humanity. It's not being dehumanized, you weren't human in the first place.

I love you.

>I don't dehumanize people, I never humanized them in the first place

I've been working on a zombie apocalypse RPG and you start out with some Morale that degrades if your family members die (but if you start out without any family to protect you have less morale). The first few zombies you kill force you to make a check to avoid losing morale because even though they are dead, battering what was recently a human being to death with a weapon and getting gore all over yourself, is pretty traumatizing. Killing other people also reduces your morale unless you end up getting hardened to it in which case you suffer other issues from becoming a psychopath.